The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 6th, 2011, 12:24 PM
KurtCobain

I think that this is going to be a great game!!! I can't wait to play this! :D
Old September 6th, 2011, 09:54 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtCobain View Post
I think that this is going to be a great game!!! I can't wait to play this! :D
You can.. there's a demo released by ill wait for 1.0 if i was you
Old September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 PM
Fierce Deity H
Beginning Trainer

Wow, this is moving along nicely. I'm glad to see some of my town names still being used!

Just thought I'd pop by and I'm quite impressed.
Old September 27th, 2011, 02:55 PM
GarlandDaHero
Cute Noivern is Cute.

Nature: Quirky
i like the torkoal pre-evo. it's cute.

Do the Harlem Snake!
Old September 28th, 2011, 08:52 AM
G-Trainer
Count Awesomeness!

PLEASE tell me there is a speed-up feature for this game.
Old October 30th, 2011, 03:41 AM
Elish
Beginning Trainer

I'd like to play this game!It has some great graphics...but when i click extract it gives me an Error

I'd like to play this game!It has some great graphics...but when i click extract it gives me an Error

Last edited by Elish; October 30th, 2011 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 17th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Update!

You'll have to survive with no new graphics this update, as I've just been working on getting the demo ready. Albeit slowly as I have loads of college work to do right now. Anyway, most things are actually done for it. All that needs to be completed are a few NPCs and the gym battles. Sadly, I have encountered a very large bug. For some reason, you can't catch any Pokémon. They go into the ball and appear to be caught, but don't appear in your party or PC. So for this reason we really need a scripter before the demo can be released. If you know anyone who could help then please contact me. It's essential or the demo will have to be delayed until next year...

Demo Beta out Now!

Old January 12th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Jay the penguin

Ohh I just love how the tiles were drawn! And the whole babie pokemon Idea is just amazing. Cant wait for it to be finished

My Hack!
Visit the thread!
Old January 18th, 2012, 02:34 AM
invix345
Beginning Trainer

when i get my pokemon form the professor the professer wont stop talking.
Old February 6th, 2012, 04:20 PM
yann69200
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Timid
Hello
I'm new to the forum
But if you want I can help you find a scripter
(I am French and I used google translation so if I mispronounce my sentences or that I make of mistake I apologize ^ ^ ')
Old February 19th, 2012, 12:21 PM
sodaplant
Beginning Trainer

After playing the demo I quit after the first few minutes. First of all, at the beginning you basically used default everything for professor Oak's speech and background. Afterwards, going to the lab to get my pokemon, I couldn't talk to the professor, I found myself glitching through walls and tables and, whaddya know I look at the black space in the room and see a random pokeball floating in space. Sighing, I walk over and see three pokeballs. No introduction from the professor? Clicking on the one on the left, it said, "So you want bulbasaur the grass pokemon?" No. Clicked on the one in the middle "So you want Cyndaquil, the grass pokemon". At this point im just wondering how many more problems I will find. I then quit because of all the problems, your lucky I didnt keep playing, or else this post would be a lot longer.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 04:41 PM
Sergeant Russia
PokeSergeant

Hey this game looks awesome. ill be putting it on my " watch out for this one" list of roms.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:54 PM
lx_theo
Game Developer

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant Russia View Post
Hey this game looks awesome. ill be putting it on my " watch out for this one" list of roms.
Not A Rom... All of game development are games built in engines totally unrelated to Roms

Old February 25th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Sergeant Russia
PokeSergeant

Version 1.0 out soon im soooooo excited i cant wait keep up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lx_theo View Post
Not A Rom... All of game development are games built in engines totally unrelated to Roms
yeah i realized my mistake after posting still on my list though

Last edited by Sergeant Russia; February 25th, 2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 02:32 AM
game-box.us
Beginning Trainer

The game seems to be great! good job!
can I ask about the age of developers? who are the guys that can make such great games totally for free distribution? it looks so professional.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 05:57 AM
Cabe

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by game-box.us View Post
The game seems to be great! good job!
can I ask about the age of developers? who are the guys that can make such great games totally for free distribution? it looks so professional.
Second post i see from you speaking of free distribution. Every game in pokecommnunity is free, made from fans to fans. Also, making money with Pokémon's copyrighted content is a crime, so even if everybody would forget about the FAN thing (that means, doing this only for fun), this would still have to be free.

Hope i answered your question. And please stop insinuating people they should get any profit from fan-game developement, this is not a bussiness.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 11:26 PM
RikuCrafter
Togepi

How's this game going, it looks awesome!
Old April 24th, 2012, 02:26 AM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabe View Post
Second post i see from you speaking of free distribution. Every game in pokecommnunity is free, made from fans to fans. Also, making money with Pokémon's copyrighted content is a crime, so even if everybody would forget about the FAN thing (that means, doing this only for fun), this would still have to be free.

Hope i answered your question. And please stop insinuating people they should get any profit from fan-game developement, this is not a bussiness.
had to look up what insinuating was
i think he meant it as a compliment. Not as anything else, nor did he imply anything. And it wasn't a proper question, but rhetorical.

Great job anyway Xenotime team! I hope you're full version comes soon, but probably seeing as how awesome it is the full version won't come soon . maybe demo 1.0 ?
Old April 27th, 2012, 07:13 AM
SegaDoom
Beginning Trainer

Dayum this is going to be nice :D Nice work and hurry up with the release lol :D

Last edited by SegaDoom; April 27th, 2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old May 20th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Update!

Well it's definitely been a long time in-between updates this time - half a year in fact- and I don't think it's really been worth the wait. Ive been pretty busy with college so haven't had time to work on the game. All I have for you guy is... Version 0.5 of the demo beta! The demo goes up to Shrent City, and is around an hour long depending on how much your explore. I released it on my dA page a couple months ago, so by now there hopefully shouldn't be too many errors. Regardless, if you do find any then please tell me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3z8heaj7670ve9p

Once I have some feedback on any errors and other improvements I'll release an update in around a week.

If you want to see what you're going to spend a little while downloading first, I've also made a playthrough of it. There are four parts, with the others being found in the description. A lot of the errors in the videos have now been fixed.

Here's an error log:
*The title screen isn't animated. It was before, but has been temporarily removed due to an error.
*The title screen reappears for a split second if you start a new game.
*Some music takes too long to loop.
*Text entry boxes are not optimized for the resolution or fit with the rest of the GUI.
*You can't lose the first rival battle. (Well, you can, but you have to then redo it)
*Some times NPC lines aren't optimized for the resolution.
*Attempting to move during the lab scene may kill the game.
*"Brimstone Way" has no Pokémon encounters or trainers.
*Ashflow Outpost has no NPCs and the buildings aren't accessible.
*All of the homes in Shrent City are inaccessible. (most other buildings are still though)
*Just east of the third town, there is a route to no where.
*No gyms are accessible.
*Pidgey floats…
*By the end of the demo it is very incomplete. I considered blocking this area off, but thought it would be better just so people could at least see it
*Some of the menu system is out of date.

Demo Beta out Now!

Last edited by Peeky Chew; May 20th, 2012 at 04:28 AM.
Old May 20th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Lordgawain
Beginning Trainer

This looks amazing. Loving the idea of the baby pokemon.
Are there any more baby pokemon to come? or is this it? (not that im complaining)
Can't wait to get my teeth stuck into this.
Old May 20th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Shaly
#IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shaly Send a message via Skype™ to Shaly
Damn a half year :p... Downloading now! Funky baby pokemon!
Old May 29th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

@Lordgawain: Thank you. Yep, there'll be eight babies in total, one for each gym.

@Shaky: Loads of time, I know xD Thanks!

And does anyone have any feedback on the demo? Bugs etc.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old June 13th, 2012, 03:52 PM
BobTheBulbasaur
Beginning Trainer

ITS A NICE GAME BUT WHY CANT I PLAY IT FOR SOME REASON?
Old July 13th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Loonie
Mischievous Gamer

O.o this is a nice game iam sure ill play this one keep it up

2.) Banner Maker :D
3.) Beginner at Mapping !!
Currently nothings been done yet .. hahaha

Hacks I Support:

My Blooper .... Yeah ..

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links