Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 16th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Advertise here
@deelove: Thanks and do you like the gym more?

@shinylugia249: Sorry about that, I thoughtm it was a striaght c+p from HG/SS...

@Wind Gale: Thank you. You should thank Kyledove for that, he made it

Update time

Firstly, I've given the front page a new lick of paint with a cool new image background

And now the big stuff, Dew, one of the best tile artists on PC is now our official tile artist! I'm really happy about this since his work is so good, he in fact made the house in Kindle wood town and the cable car system. If you want to see more of his work then check out his game thread, august emerald (which is great btw, really deserves a look) or have a look at his tiles showcase (don't post on it though since he isn't gonna be updating it for a while/ever) on the second page of Game Development.

Edit: Wow, 3rd page already!

Demo Beta out Now!

Old December 19th, 2009, 02:44 AM
bilkev
The Pokemon™ B/D creator

It looks really cool, and the PokéDex thing interests me. Best of luck on your project, although, this seems to me like one that'll become popular.
Your maps are really creative!
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:18 PM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

@bilkev: Thanks. And if anyone is wondering why he c+p the first reply, he explained it to me, it's because he has bad english skills.

Now onto a update...
Project haulted for two weeks

Sadly just three days ago a masive trojan managed to get past my avg anti virus and completely wipe the hardive of my computer, turning it into a load of 011010101010101010101010101 etc...

I do now have another pc, windows 7 and everything. Hopefully rmxp will work on it.
Don't worry about any maps though, they're all on photobucket. The main thing lost is the actual game file, I'll now have to start the entire thing again, from the start. Eventhough this is extremely annoying and time consuming, it does give the game a chance to start over all new and fresh. Anything that I made at the start of the game, after all, is no were near as good as what I can do today.

The start of the new fresh look will be a complete reworking of most of the games tiles by master tile artist Dew. I'll have an update of every map so far in two weeks with all the new tiles included. Also, by then our spriter, Godlytion (did I tell you guys that yet...), will most likey have finished all of the sprites for the main character and possibly others.

So keepan eye on the thread in a coupl of weeks for the biggest update yet!

Demo Beta out Now!

Old December 21st, 2009, 01:30 PM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
Quote:
At specific parts in the plot and once you enter new areas there will be a 3d still cut scene like in FR/LG and HG/SS. I'm hoping to have them at every cave/forest/other route entrance and at least five others at important story parts. Still don't have someone good enough to do this so it's unconfirmed if it will be in the game as of now. If you're interested in doing them then please VM/PM me or just post in the thread.
Im curious as what you mean by this, as i recall all the cutscenes played out on the map... I could be wrong... Are you requiring actual video type cutscene? I Dont get what your trying here.
My personal website. UPDATED 8/29/2013
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:34 PM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCharizard View Post
Im curious as what you mean by this, as i recall all the cutscenes played out on the map... I could be wrong... Are you requiring actual video type cutscene? I Dont get what your trying here.
Like this:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/medi...e_Well-Day.png
When you enter new areas and to liven up plot events, for instance, a Volcanio setting off would have one.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old December 21st, 2009, 01:39 PM
KingCharizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
Like this:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/medi...e_Well-Day.png
When you enter new areas and to liven up plot events, for instance, a Volcanio setting off would have one.

Oh thats simple to do, Make an event on the map... set to auto run choose the show picture option show the pic wait(X) number of frames and erase the pic... then set a temp switch to turn off the event and there you have it... this may be a little off but i can make the event and make a demo vid to show you...

Like this right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE0K2xMRs1M

If im wrong you dont need to open this if im right and you want the steps here ya go Of course you can make the picture fade out ect but i'll leave that to you to figure out this is just to get you started..
Spoiler:

Last edited by KingCharizard; December 21st, 2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:02 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCharizard View Post
Oh thats simple to do, Make an event on the map... set to auto run choose the show picture option show the pic wait(X) number of frames and erase the pic... then set a temp switch to turn off the event and there you have it... this may be a little off but i can make the event and make a demo vid to show you...

Like this right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE0K2xMRs1M

If im wrong you dont need to open this if im right and you want the steps here ya go Of course you can make the picture fade out ect but i'll leave that to you to figure out this is just to get you started..
Spoiler:
There's qute a lot of confusion here but I didn't in fact want someone to show me how to make the event, but to actually make the picture it shows...
Thanks anyway though since that will be quite helpful still.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old December 22nd, 2009, 04:18 AM
KingCharizard

Oh im sorry... I didnt realize you wanted the artwork... But its okay sorry to hear your game was destryoed by a virus...
Old December 22nd, 2009, 05:14 AM
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

Nature: Lax
Oh my god I don't believe it! I hope this turns out OK. I'm gonna have to start working a bit harder...

Second in command for popular fangame Pokemon XENOTIME.

Old December 22nd, 2009, 09:25 AM
Route
Slowpoke

That's HORRIBLE news! But its good to, the game WILL look better! ;P
Old December 25th, 2009, 10:24 PM
chimchar5
learnig surf

Nature: Brave
Do you need a beta tester? I'm also a sprite polisher.
fire is true power but water is calm
hacks i support:

thank you for warming up my eggs
pm me email for invite to lockerz.com[awsome website]
Old December 26th, 2009, 03:21 AM
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

Hey, that would be great! We're always looking for helpers. Please PM me or post on the thread saying what you can do and we'll try and get you on the team as soon as possible. Although we won't have a beta for ages, we really need spriters so thanks.

Old January 2nd, 2010, 06:04 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

@KingCharizard: It's alright, that was still quite helpfull and thanks for the sympathy...

@piarich: It'll be fine and you're already doing a lot

@PokéStorm: I know and yes it will!

@chimchar5: Well a sprite polisher would be very usefull, I'll pm you. The beta's a while off but you can test that when it eventually is finished.

Update, mainly on updates.

First off I've changed the front page a little to look a bit better, and no, it's certainly not copying off another thread in the games showcase
Now maps, I'm pretty sure Dew will have finished redoing all of the tiles by now so as soon as he pms back I can start work on remaking all of the maps. With completely new tiles! If I get the tiles by today expect an update with all maps late today or early tommorow. And yes, I won't be sleeping.

Oh and, happy late christmas and new year to everyone

Demo Beta out Now!

Old January 3rd, 2010, 09:49 PM
Suger
Legendary Pokemon of Sweets

Nature: Quiet
It looks interesting. But, the text on the front page is a little hard to read beause it's very similar to the colors of the background... >>

Click below for the ultimate answer to Life, the Universe and Everything!

Spoiler:

Click below for God's final message to his creation!
Spoiler:
We're Sorry for the Inconvinience

Spoiler:
I am annoyed to announce that Life Bites, especially if your dog is named Life.

Old January 6th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

@Sugar: Thanks. And I'll change the front page if a couple more people complain. For now, you can always highlite it.

Update:
I promised revamps of all the maps but sadly that is no longer possible. I won't go into the details for both of our reputations, but I'll just say, Dew is no longer XENOTIME's tile artist.

So that means
Pokémon XENOTIME needs a tile artist!
If you would like to be XENOTIME's tile artist, and think that you could make tiles just as good as on the front page, then please pm me.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old January 17th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Crazyninjaguy
I'm back.

I've finished the menu script and PM'd you Peeky Chew
I won't show off the screenie here because it's your thread and your choice whether to reveal it now or in the next update
Anyways, hope you like it
PlanetDev - Game Development Community
Old January 18th, 2010, 08:07 AM
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

Does that mean you want to be the tile artist? Cool.
As head of storyline, I've been devising side-quests for catching legendaries with my colleague Link16 and have talked with Peeky about them. Expect some small updates from me soon too about the storyline and if there's something you're not sure of about the storyline, feel free to ask me. We have made a quest to catch Mewtwo and Peeky is in the process of mapping the dungeon so that should come soon, and I will talk about others to him whenever we next talk. Stay tuned guys.

Old January 18th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Crazyninjaguy
I'm back.

Huh? Me? No lol, although i do make tiles, im the scripter i think
Old January 18th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Yeah, Crazyninjaguy's the scripter, not tile artist xD

Update on update:
The sidequest pikarich mentioned will be included in the update (a description of it only, not screens) along with revamps of Kindle woods, Kindlewood town and Larcoon town. I've also just completed the heros home town, so that'll be there. The male main character has nearly been finished, I'm just waiting for the final edit to be sent to me by nimmy23. The maps on the front page will be replaced by in-game screenshots. And I'm sure you'll all really like the new menu interface.

Update on demo:
The game has now past the planning stages and I'm seriously starting work on the demo now. A lot of the maps are already completed for it, only one more town and two routes are needed. The gym leader sprites, female main character and proffessor need sprited. And of course all of the eventing and building interiors needs done. The demo will include the first three gyms, expect it in a couple months.

For now, a teaser screen (at nightime), forgive the default sprite:

Why is it blue?!

Demo Beta out Now!

Last edited by Peeky Chew; January 18th, 2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old January 18th, 2010, 09:46 AM
KingCharizard

lol i think the tree had one too many blue berries and needs a umpa lumap to carry it away singing an ignorant song... lmao aside from that I say the same leaves shadow/fog and its kool but kinda hard on the eyes in my opinion...
Old January 18th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Crazyninjaguy
I'm back.

Nice update
No idea why the tree is blue though, i'd say its a variation of a honey tree?
Old January 19th, 2010, 11:38 AM
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

The tree is blue for a special reason. When one half of Larcoon was flooded, the spell changed some vegetation blue. lol

Old January 19th, 2010, 12:08 PM
KingCharizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikarich View Post
The tree is blue for a special reason. When one half of Larcoon was flooded, the spell changed some vegetation blue. lol
now there is spells? ahh well I guess it makes sense in the end...
Old January 19th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Wind Gale
Lost With the Wind

Nature: Careful
Wow the picture looks great. Now you have me wondering why it is blue.
Pokémon Thieves Returning Soon!
Keep Your Eyes out for it in the Drawing Board!
Old January 19th, 2010, 02:36 PM
zane203
Zetsumei barer

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to zane203 Send a message via Yahoo to zane203
talented people everywhere =O but i really cant fully say this because of the starter kit. Non the less it an item is used only as well as the user. =]

keep it up mate xD

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here