The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 21st, 2010, 10:50 AM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikarich View Post
Uh, what what what? I don't get it. That map is of the starting town and it leads up north to Larcoon. It's probably gonna be possible to come back using Surf; there'll probably be some legendary quest islands or something.
he ment the world map, I think... But he has a point
Old March 21st, 2010, 03:03 PM
Paddy-Pictures
Beginning Trainer

that is really good...no it's perfect
but i have one question
which programms have you used by this projekt???

Paddy

Ps: Sorry, when my english is not so good xDD I'm german.
Old March 21st, 2010, 03:12 PM
Route
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy-Pictures View Post
that is really good...no it's perfect
but i have one question
which programms have you used by this projekt???

Paddy

Ps: Sorry, when my english is not so good xDD I'm german.
RPG Maker XP. Most games here are made with it.
Old March 21st, 2010, 03:20 PM
Paddy-Pictures
Beginning Trainer

thanks
and must i buy it???
i have only 30 days yet
Old March 21st, 2010, 04:00 PM
Route
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy-Pictures View Post
thanks
and must i buy it???
i have only 30 days yet
If you want the full version, then yes you will need to buy it (but there are other ways to get the full version).
Old March 24th, 2010, 02:27 PM
KingCharizard

Hows this going peeky? Gonna update soon?
Old March 24th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Update:
Three new screens!

The new south east of the yet to be named home town. Wandering Pokémon will be a big feature in XENOTIME, but you won't be able to battle them. The tents (credit to Death Strike) are a market where you'll be able to buy lots of Pokémon products not available in the normal marts.

And here's the inside of one of the two market tents. This is still being worked on. Credit to Alucus for the tiles. The person won't normally say that, it's just for a joke xD. What do you think of the tiles and their placement?

A little story sequence. The Oak sprite is a place holder and should be replaced by Professor Larcoon's soon, if I get a spriter. Credit to Alucus again.

Update on demo:
The demo is really coming along very fast now, I've got the whole first town mapped finished. Over all about 60% of the way there now. The demo will include the first four towns if you didn't know.

And now to the endless replies...

@Shun: Thanks. If the trees were less clumped together then you would be able to walk through them, which obviously wouldn't be ideal.

@Amore: Piazza is quite good, but sounds too much like pizza. The rest don't fit. Keep the suggestions coming in.

@Alliehj: That's just to make the southern house not look out of place. I've improved that part a lot now as you see in the update above. Thanks and great.

@Manio: Thank you. The more supporters the better.

@thelaytonmobile: I don't get it...
Thanks, I actually did it that way because I'm not good at the randomness of making maps. Some routes will be based on actuall areas, you'll see in a future update. If you mean region maps, then we don't actually need more. If you mean area ones, then we do. VM me if so.

@shadowtogepi: It's ok, but they're palms, not bushes!

@Fierce Deity H: Sand Palm sounds especially good, the best idea yet. I'll think about it.

@Yuzuki: I've tried really hard to get all of the maps great, thanks. We will!

@KingCharizard: I'll be changing that soon, I just can't find a good/any water auto tile/s.

@Iyo: Thanks. It's pikarich who mainly does the story, I'll get him to VM you. Not long now!

@Wichu: I know what you mean about the lack of diversions. Just north of the home town in real life there's actually a very interesting location, that'll be included. I'll update with info on it some time between now and the demos release. There are also a lot of other small things I want to add all over the map.

@Paddy-Pictures: Thanks, we try Route's answered your question. No problem, it's better than most English people on here xD.

@KingCharizard: Strange coincidence.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old March 24th, 2010, 05:02 PM
KingCharizard

Love the update, very good tiles, alucus is a really awesome artist... Nice update cant wait for the next one keep up the good work...
Old March 24th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Mrchewy
nom nom nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
Update:
Three new screens!

The new south east of the yet to be named home town. Wandering Pokémon will be a big feature in XENOTIME, but you won't be able to battle them. The tents (credit to Death Strike) are a market where you'll be able to buy lots of Pokémon products not available in the normal marts.
I may have mentioned it earlier in this thread (I can't really remember), but I think you really need to reduce the opacity of the clouds. The effect is totally awesome, but in that screenshot the cloud is way too dark :3

And with Wichu's comment, I think what he meant was that the map is too singular and linear, in the sense that you've got no routes connecting multiple towns. In its present form, you can almost instantly tell which town you start and end at. If you look, at say, the map of Kanto...

... you can see that its much more realistic, in the sense that almost every town is connected somehow.

But anyway, these are all minor complaints; I really love it so far ,

Other than that, looks pretty awesome ,
Old March 26th, 2010, 08:01 AM
shadowtogepi
I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.

Nature: Quiet
I know they are palm trees, but, oh well.
I just want to have a new idea of mine used in someone elses game.
Old March 27th, 2010, 05:54 AM
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

Nature: Lax
Nice update! Lovin the screens.
As for my contest, I don't really like any of the suggestions, 'cept for Sand Palm, so keep the suggestions coming guys. I'll pick a winner soon. Hopefully we'll have regular contests to decide stuff. We can't do it all ourselves!

Second in command for popular fangame Pokemon XENOTIME.

Old March 27th, 2010, 07:06 AM
KingCharizard

Quote:
We can't do it all ourselves!
Sure you could... And who exactly is creating this game? You or peeky?
Old March 28th, 2010, 03:17 AM
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

It's Peeky, but I'm second-in-command and head of storyline. What I meant was, we need all the help we can get from you guys!

Old March 28th, 2010, 10:02 AM
KingCharizard

oh its not a problem, I just wasn't sure who was running the project... I'll help if I can. I might just be good for idea as most of time is taken up working on my project.
Old March 29th, 2010, 06:33 AM
shadowtogepi

Hydro town?
I'm going to come up with more and more ideas, till its done
Old March 31st, 2010, 12:45 PM
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

I had the ideas Iono Town, Strato Town, Tropo Town, Meso Town and Aurora Town based on layers of the Earth's atmosphere. Whaddaya think?

Old March 31st, 2010, 01:02 PM
Glitchfinder
Let's all get along, please?

Nature: Careful
Well, this thread has given me a mixed opinion. On the one hand, it looks like some attempts were made to provide a quality, fun game for us to enjoy. On the other, it appears that some of those attempts were failures. While you do use well made tilesets adapted from the DS games, and several well-designed custom images, there are occasional problems. For example, many of the custom tiles are fully 2D, and would appear much better in a GBA setting than alongside tiles from Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. Add to that the fact that you're overdoing things by including more regions than you need to, and you have a potentially difficult time ahead of you, building the game.

On the other hand, it looks like some real thought went into this game, which is a rarity with RMXP games these days. It also looks like you have put a lot of work into the game, and that quite a bit of that work has payed off.

All in all, good job. There are areas where the game looks like it could be improved, but it also looks like it will provide a unique, enjoyable experience, when it is completed.

Glitchfinder's Scripts

Old April 1st, 2010, 06:00 AM
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

Thank you! It's very important to hear constructive criticism, we are doing our best to improve maps and tiles to make the best Pokemon game ever and stay tuned for the demo.
New town name ideas: Ozona, Haemogloba, Vendetta, Gehenna and Gematria.

Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:32 AM
shadowtogepi

Quote:
I had the ideas Iono Town, Strato Town, Tropo Town, Meso Town and Aurora Town
Iono, Strato, Meso and Tropo aren't really what I would think, however, aurora town might work, if you have something like a suicune shrine, or suicune lives in the water to the south, or something like that
Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:59 AM
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

Yeah, Aurora was the only one Peeky liked. It's the current leader, please submit your entries by, hmm, let's say 9pm on Easter Sunday please. We're still open to suggestions, so please give ideas. Winner is that name and possibly a role in the game. I'm gonna work on the gym leaders' 'mon.

Old April 2nd, 2010, 11:01 PM
shadowtogepi

i'd say keep aurora, but give a legend about suicune in the town. I have posted ideas, and none of mine work, so auroras the one i'm backing

Also, what are the gym leaders types? I would like to know.
Old April 4th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Update:
Revamped all screens!

That's about two months work there. Hover over each to get info. I've taken Mrchewy's advice and changed the opacity of the clouds quite a bit. He's right, they look much better now.

Map:

I've taken some of Wichu's advice on the map and added a connection between Kindlewood town and the Rock gym town.

Home Town name competition winner:
And the winner is... pikarich! Yes, pikarich, who actually set up the comp had the best idea, Aurora town!

Update on demo:
I have been eventing a lot more, but sadly since I keep revamping what's already there, it's going to take a long while untill the demo is released. Still a couple of months probably.

I'll reply to the quotes tommorow, I don't have enough time right now.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old April 4th, 2010, 12:28 PM
KingCharizard

Nice update, but why do the buildings look so square now?
Old April 5th, 2010, 04:27 AM
shadowtogepi

so, aurora town is the best, well done.
How far have you got? It looks like it's turning out well.
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:11 PM
thelaytonmobile
Beginning Reading Your Message

Nature: Timid
Cool new screens, I especially like the day/night one.
And yeah Peeky Chew I meant like route and town maps, I'll try and get an example if those kinda maps are what you need.
Keep up the awesome work on this!

PS: What's with the blue foliage? Seems kinda wierd to me. Is it a feature in the game or something?

Another thing, I think you still need to add more connections on that region map. I know that the player will be able to fly at some point, but it's nice to be able to walk.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links