The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:16 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo

Advertise here
So my first comment here.
I was gonna say "PalmBeach Town" But due to not being able to log in. (im on a cell now,comp dont work.)

This game looks really nice, and fun too play. Great work, and keep up the progress. Good luck.

Old April 6th, 2010, 02:57 AM
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

Nature: Lax
*update*
NEW STORYLINE COMP

Now we need a name for the small village on top of Mt Kindle. It has ash falling contstantly on it and for those of you who remember Boyleland from Pokemon Ranger 2, it'll be kinda like that. Contest runs from now till this Friday, April 9th, 9:00pm GMT. Winner will get their idea as the town, and possibly a little role in the game...

Answers to storyline questions;

countryemo-Nice idea, too bad the competition's over! xD
thelaytonmobile-The blue stuff is to do with a storyline thing we're not ready to disclose yet. More information coming soon! And we're working on the map, something tells there's an unbalance of towns to gyms, but more info soon.
shadowtogepi-We're doing very well, just check out the front page with the cool load bars.

Also, I'm gonna be doing regular updates of my own to do with the story, kinda like this one. Remember I always need fresh ideas for the story of this game, and rest assured, there will be more than in any other Pokemon game to date. I would use Twitter, but it's Peeky's account, so...

Second in command for popular fangame Pokemon XENOTIME.

Old April 6th, 2010, 04:59 AM
nimmy23
Hi im nimmy23... Hi im nimmy23

EmberThorn Town, that could be the name
Old April 6th, 2010, 10:25 AM
shadowtogepi
I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.

Multiple ideas for Mt kindles town:
Crater village, Mt kindle square, Kindletop village, kindletop, vulcan village, lavaspark village, Peak village, Lavasteam village.
I might have taken some ideas from other games accidentaley. if so, oops, and sorry.
Old April 6th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp

Ashflow, Singetop, Burntip,Charfall,Lavaiathan(I was bored XP ) ,or just a SIMPLE kindle village, named after the mountain,Charain....just from 5 minutes of thinking...

I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

contact me here or at [email protected].

Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_...ex.php?act=idx
Old April 6th, 2010, 12:30 PM
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

Woah, those are great ideas! I'm taking them into consideration. Just so you know, it will end in 'Village'. Favourites so far are Ashflow, Lavaspark and Lavasteam. Seriously though, VULCAN VILLAGE?

Old April 6th, 2010, 12:40 PM
shadowtogepi

I dunno, ideas just come...

Also, lavasteam was supposed to be lavastream but that can be a different option
Old April 6th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp

Torchtip Village... Cyndown Village,err....Coalsteam Village...

I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

contact me here or at [email protected].

Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_...ex.php?act=idx
Old April 6th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Amjed012
Beginning Trainer

Was this made of a 4th generation game? I always wanted to know...
Old April 6th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Route
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amjed012 View Post
Was this made of a 4th generation game? I always wanted to know...
What...? Are you asking if it's a hack of a 4th gen game? If so... No. This is made in RMXP.
Old April 7th, 2010, 01:32 AM
shadowtogepi

PEOPLE: STOP ASKING WHAT IT CAME FROM IT'S RMXP.
STOP ASKING OR I WILL SEND A PURPLE GYARADOS AFTER YOU!
Old April 7th, 2010, 01:57 AM
nimmy23
Hi im nimmy23... Hi im nimmy23

Magtorch Village, Emberleak Village, Magmaflow Village, Lavasea Village, Firestorm Village, Lavaleak Village, Lavaflow Village, Mortarpeek Village, Mortarflow Village, Mortarsea Village.

Last edited by nimmy23; April 7th, 2010 at 04:29 AM.
Old April 7th, 2010, 12:43 PM
thelaytonmobile
Beginning Reading Your Message

Nature: Timid
Mmmkay, names... a bit different, but how about "Gilingsash" or "Gilingshadow" (gilings is apparently a word for dust). Or maybe "Duskoal" though that sounds kinda like Duskull. OR how about "Scoriasmoke"/"Scoriash", scoria being lava/coal. Or maybe "Ashtoak".

Old April 7th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Tizzone Town
Vesuvio Town
Cenere Town
Cendra Town
Brasa Town

Yup, my contribution is, yet again, European
Old April 7th, 2010, 06:40 PM
TheZincu
Traveling Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Amazing game. Sounds great hope the very best for you.
Old April 9th, 2010, 12:10 PM
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

Ok guys, the competition is over.
The winner is...

ASHFLOW VILLAGE by Karel_Kazuki!!
Congratulations for winning, and this name will be implemented. K_K, if you are interested in a starring storyline role, please contact me by PM. Thank you to everyone who submitted an entry.
And I'm out!

Old April 9th, 2010, 11:35 PM
shadowtogepi

Aaaw, I wanted to win something for once
Old April 10th, 2010, 02:36 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
I like the graphics! This is the second Rom Hack I can see myself downloading! Good Luck
Old April 10th, 2010, 04:41 AM
BR25
The guy who loses at everythin

this is not a rom hack it is made in rpg maker xp

this game is looking awsome keep up the good work

FF fan club member

Click here to feed me a Seaweed!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Old April 10th, 2010, 07:42 AM
ayevdayev
Legend

Send a message via AIM to ayevdayev Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ayevdayev
Awesome game!
The tiles are awesome (it's too bad I cant get my hands on some good tiles, YET)

G
Old April 12th, 2010, 06:35 AM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
Ok I'mma say something and it might sound rude but its how you take it and if or if not its true, these competions u keep doing seems like you have no ideas and your just trying to get ppl to write your story by promising them a place in your game, or allowing them to create a town's history ect. This seems like we're supposed to come up with ideas and guys use them. This competions are old and in a word annoying. If your not creative enough to come up with an idea just quit trying.

Ok that was meaner than I thought I'm sorry if you guys feel offended peeky u know I support this game, and have been posting when it was first added to the showcase but I felt like the above needed to be said. Now If I'm completely wrong I'll take back what I said but from where I'm sitting it seems like thats what is happening.
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Update:
Amore's quest!

-On your quest, you will meet another character, who takes on a role similar to that of Eusine in Hg/Ss. Ricco and his team of Pokémon, including Draco the Dragonite
-Ricco is the brother of the main protagonist out of D/P/Pt, Diamond, who will turn up at one point. He is searching for Rayquaza, and it involves his father....
-Along with Rayquaza, he will help/hinder you in meeting a few other legends, namely Jirachi, Celebi and Phione. These will not all be catchable.
-Also, you may meet these:

That's all that Amore wanted to reveal, you'll have to wait 'till the game is finished to find out the rest.

---------------------------------------
Anyone noticed the complete lack of custom sprites, apart from the main characters? Well, that's because I can't sprite, at all and our spriter left after doing that. So if anyone would like to sprite for XENOTIME, we would really appreciate your help. Overworlds are really needed and battle sprites too. VM/PM or just post if you can help.

I was having a look at Pokémon Jade version and noticed their great support banners. I've tried to replicate it with one of the custom buildings:

Tell me what you think of it compared to the others. If I get some positive feedback, I'll make another two.

Comments:

@KingCharizard: Thanks. The only changed building is the gym, which didn't really match the style of the game in my opinion.

@thelaytonmobile: Thank you, me too.
Yeah, I'm trying to make the map more like the original games. So far I've only changed one part, but more will be.
pikarich answers.
Didn't you already say that in your post? Or did you mean the route/town maps?

@countryemo: Too bad, sometimes PC is really annoying on mobiles.
Thanks, thanks and thanks again. We will!

@pikarich: Ashflow village wins? Great name.

@BR25: Thank you.

@ayevedayev: Thanks.
Most of them are public, if you search you can find them. Although I've edited them all, so don't steal!

@KingCharizard: Don't worry, you don't sound rude, what you're saying is kind of true. The first one wasn't because 'we have no ideas', it was because I wanted to get a different side quest than me or pikarich could think of. It ended up great, Amore really is great at it and is side quest, the best. The second was because we couldn't think of a good name, although maybe we should have tried harder though and not made it a competition... The third I never aggreed to doing and still don't think we should have to be honest. Although the name is good.

Yes, you have been supporting, I appreciate it. Since you have been, you get a longer term view on the game than others, so it's good for you to tell us what we're doing wrong. Thanks for posting.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old April 13th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Ezio Auditore da Firenze
Ancestor: Altaïr ibn La-Ahad

Hello.

Nice game, looks very, very good.

Might I suggest you add a Route linking the town at the top to the right of the mountain, to the one directly below it?
Just to make it less "one-way-round", compared to, say Johto (although nothing is as a bad as Johto) it does seem very linear.

I like your ideas though.
Old April 18th, 2010, 02:48 AM
Totodile!
Yo, Champ in the making!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Totodile! Send a message via Skype™ to Totodile!
I like the look of this game! I hope you will work on it hard and I wish you the best of luck :]
Old April 18th, 2010, 04:22 AM
juliohack
Beginning Trainer

Very good WoooW LOOOL!!!!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here