The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: What is going to be the most important part of this hack?
The Storyline 4 50.00%
The Features 2 25.00%
Good Spriting 3 37.50%
Good Maps 5 62.50%
Good Scripting 3 37.50%
Other: Please explain 1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 30th, 2009, 10:18 AM
cartercr
Sour Kangaroo's best friend!

Advertise here
Stuff you need to know
Name: Pokemon Rainbow Guardian
Rom: Pokemon Fire Red

Features:
- Pokemon will be the same, but I'm changing movesets, because some of the pokemon could better use their stats, and some could use some better attacks or use attacks at earlier levels (Magikarp... use tackle!)
- New trainer sprites
- New region with well put together maps (hopefully they're well put together)
- Other than that, you'll just have to wait and see

The Myths
The Bijor Region is a lush land filled with many grassy planes. There is a large lake in the midst of a mountain. The lake is vey clear, as no humans have ever touched it. A few Magikarp's live within the lake, and even a Febass or two can be spotted. Within this lake, it is mythed that the mighty Lugia exists. It is also rumored that if the mighty Lugia were to awaken, that the mighty Ho-oh wouldcome to the one who bears a rainbow. This mountain splits the region in half, and it casts it's great shadow on the Forbidden Forest. Within the forest, it is mythed that many great Pokemon exist. These include Celebi, Groudon, Mew, and many others. As the myth goes, these great pokemon will come to stop a war that will erupt, and only the Rainbow Guardian could control these great Pokemon.

The Tribes
Residing on the left of the mountain exists the Shamory Tribe. These people live in small wooden huts, and use water type pokemon. There is a mighty river that runs through this region, and the residents are free from attack due to this massive body of water.
Residing on the right of the mountain exists the Flambor Tribe. These people are more advanced then their brethren in the Shamory, and they use modern housing and gravel roads. They have great cities that are highly populated. The Flambor use Fire-types mainly, but they are accepting of others.
Scattered throughout both of the lands of Shamory and Flambor are cities and small towns. In order to find the Rainbow Guardian, you must defeat the best trainers in each tribe known as the 8 Element Guards. These guards each represent one type of Pokemon. They are the 8 best trainers with their type. In order to move on to the next guard, you must defeat the one previous.

Your Mission
You are from the Flambor Tribe. The Shamory are attacking. Time is running out, as the Shamory are in pursuit of the mighty Lugia, with which they believe they can destroy the Flambor. Be very cautious though, the Shamory are tough, and the Element Guards are tougher. Only the true Rainbow Guardian can defeat the 8 Element Guards and fight their way to the Forbidden Forest, and finally to the top of the mountain where they can summon the mighty Ho-oh to calm Lugia.

Screenshots and Sprites

Good Luck!

Team:
Cartercr - Mapper, Text Editor, Partial Scripter
Samike360 - Scripter
5qwerty - Spriter

Screenshots:

Banners - Thanks to Deeelove

IPS Links:
http://www.4shared.com/file/18278607..._Guardian.html
Our Pokemon are the same, but somehow yours are better just because you want to spend hours doing what I can do in minutes. Copy this into your sig if you think that anti PokeSav/PokeGen arguments are rediculus.

90% of teenagers listen to rap. If you are one of the 10% that listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

BW FC: 1463 6132 2390

Last edited by cartercr; December 27th, 2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old November 30th, 2009, 02:20 PM
5qwerty
Pikachu's Beach. No Surfboard.

Nature: Impish
Intriguing storyline, and great background.
But you need to state which hack you are hacking and also the features.

Old November 30th, 2009, 03:13 PM
BrokenRoses
Rom Hacker & PSP Hacker GOD!!!

Send a message via AIM to BrokenRoses Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BrokenRoses Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenRoses Send a message via Skype™ to BrokenRoses
Whats your features, romebase, ect?
Nice storyline though :D

Help, Request, Ect.
Old November 30th, 2009, 03:16 PM
The Blueprint
Pokemon: Aurum

Nature: Relaxed
I can see a slight resemblance to my storyline here :p
Old December 1st, 2009, 09:09 AM
cartercr

Yeah, I checked yours out just now, I see similarities, but it is very differant. yours is about people worshipping pokemon and thinking theirs is a god, mine is more of the whole struggle for power, and trying to unleash a pokemon so powerful that they can win a war.
Our Pokemon are the same, but somehow yours are better just because you want to spend hours doing what I can do in minutes. Copy this into your sig if you think that anti PokeSav/PokeGen arguments are rediculus.

90% of teenagers listen to rap. If you are one of the 10% that listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Old December 1st, 2009, 11:42 AM
BrokenRoses
Rom Hacker & PSP Hacker GOD!!!

Send a message via AIM to BrokenRoses Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BrokenRoses Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenRoses Send a message via Skype™ to BrokenRoses
YAY pokewars =D
The lucario movie rocked!

Help, Request, Ect.
Old December 1st, 2009, 12:39 PM
Haku.
(FLAME)...H....A...K..U

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Haku.
Lol lucario movie.. Nice idea btw.
Gl in this hack tho it's gonna be hard for you.

Old December 1st, 2009, 01:54 PM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
This has potential. I say that a lot though, but this idea is... Great! The idea that Lugia, which according to canon calmed the 3 birds needs calming... Irony at it's best! I wish you the best, and would be best if a team was made before creating, if possible, as then you could wow us, and also seem more prepared... That is if you don't have a team. I don't research every step most hackers do, so if you do, disregard it.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old December 1st, 2009, 06:24 PM
cartercr

I didn't think of the lugia calming the birds... wow, I created irony without meaning to.

Also, I do not have a team, I had a team for the Pokemon Academy, and I will be asking that same group back for this hack.

Old December 2nd, 2009, 08:26 PM
deeelove
Dradradra drama BEATZZ

Nature: Calm
what is the starting pokemon in this??

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:54 AM
cartercr

Charmander, Cyndiquil, and Torchic.

Old December 3rd, 2009, 10:08 AM
558122_DG
Learning how to make mistakes

i like your idea, though if you wanna put a team together, you should probably create a thread in the team disscussion. But 1 thing that you should mention is what your good at(so people don't apply for your spot). But i like the sound of this, & hopefully the first beta. I remember mine(it was kinda gliched up though)

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
cartercr

I'm not really looking for a team currently. I'm going to ask the guys from Pokemon Accademy (my previous hack) if they want to come back and work on this one. Whoever doesn't come back, I'll then be ready to try to replace.

Old December 3rd, 2009, 11:04 AM
deeelove
Dradradra drama BEATZZ

Nature: Calm
Here you go hope you like them!

Spoiler:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/New_zoo_York/PokemonRainbowGuardian1.png

Spoiler:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/New_zoo_York/PokemonRainbowGuardian2.png

Spoiler:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/New_zoo_York/PokemonRainbowGuardian3.png

Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:11 PM
cartercr

Thanks, they look great.
BTW: Samike360 has now joined the team, he is back from the Accademy to script.

Old December 5th, 2009, 11:48 AM
cartercr

sorry about the double post, but I just wanted to announce that 5qwerty has now joined as a spriter.

To 5qwerty:
First job - Create sprites for the regular trainers, keep in mind we are refering to a world in which the citizens are members of tribes, so if you could do two of each sprite, one for the Shamory, and one for the Flambor, that would be great. I might modify the Grace sprite I made for Green Tree if that's okay for the first element guard.

Old December 6th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Roxasabridged
Lucariowner

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Roxasabridged
This looks promising... Good luck with it.

Too bad my laptop blow'd up, otherwise I'd be applying to Beta test again :/
Old December 6th, 2009, 06:32 PM
cartercr

That sucks about your laptop, you were one of the Accademy's best Beta Testers. (Of course your the only one who did anything...)

Old December 9th, 2009, 06:55 PM
5qwerty

You need any specific tiles or Fakemon?

Old December 10th, 2009, 05:19 PM
cartercr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartercr View Post
To 5qwerty:
First job - Create sprites for the regular trainers, keep in mind we are refering to a world in which the citizens are members of tribes, so if you could do two of each sprite, one for the Shamory, and one for the Flambor, that would be great. I might modify the Grace sprite I made for Green Tree if that's okay for the first element guard.
Nope, no tiles or fakemon.
Just this for now.

Old December 13th, 2009, 08:06 PM
5qwerty

Okay then.
I have to warn you that I'm not the best at trainer spriting.

Old December 15th, 2009, 06:18 PM
cartercr

Your a much better spriter than me.

Old December 21st, 2009, 09:38 AM
cartercr

sorry about the double post, but I need a scratch sprite from 5qwerty.
http://www.coloring-pages-book-for-k...-kids-boys.gif
Just post it here when you've finished.

Old December 27th, 2009, 06:31 PM
cartercr

Again with the extra posts... Just wanting to announce that the first IPS is up, it is the map of the first town, with little scripting, (I'm sending the IPS to my scripter.)

Old January 14th, 2010, 08:56 AM
cartercr

Sorry to post again, but due to the closing of the scrapbox, i will be making the next map ahead of schedule and I will take some screenshots in order to move this into progressing hacks. Anyone wishing to continue work here, will need to look in the progressing hacks.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here