Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old December 1st, 2009, 07:02 PM
cheerioscereal
Poke Writer

Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to cheerioscereal Send a message via Skype™ to cheerioscereal

Advertise here
I'm new here, but I've had this idea for a while now. I don't care what game it is exactly, but I was trying to do it on Fire Red. I don't know of any names of anything. Just bear with me here. Plus, I'm doing this a different way, so don't tell me to make if like everyone else's. We don't need another old hack. We need a new one, like this one I was hoping to try out. If you want, you can read the story for a general idea of the story. Since this had a lot of things that probably aren't possible in hacking, Maybe we'd need to wait until more was possible in hacking these games.
Storyline (Maybe spoiling a bit, but just telling you what you're playing.
Spoiler:
You're name is _____. You live on a not-very-famous Pokemon farm with your mom. You finally turned 10 years old, and you're ready to get you're first Pokemon. You're starters are newly found rare Pokemon, not like the Miltank, Mareep, etc. and the Pokemon from the eggs hatched at your farm. It looks like the man in the lab gave you a choice (I'm not spoiling it you crazy kids.) You're mother is happy for you and wants to go. Of course, you are given a book to write down Pokemon in (They got that information one way, If you can't edit the Pokedex, an exception will be put in order Dx) Not all the Pokemon had many information known by many people which is why you, along with your rival will look for the Pokemon. Remember back in the day when Pokemon followed you? Yep..
Think of a time when there was a region. Before Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh were too populated, there was another region. This region was the first to have eight official gym leaders. The leaders here are pretty tough, but with you're creative team with you, you are confident you can win any match. Of course make friends along the way, trainers and Pokemon. It's not a Pokemon Center, or Mart. They are what they were before then. Think of them as Hotels with the room being the lobby. You stay the night every time instead of that dumb machine doing it. Don't worry, it's still the noise on a black screen, like in Earthbound. There might be plazas elsewhere in the larger towns selling necessities, compare them to the department stores. Gyms aren't called gyms. We'd need a good name for them though. They are in small castles. One large corridor, with the same stuff as usual. Recently, suspicious teams were lurking around. The boss who is an unknown figure, had the goal of getting rid of anyone who would get to the Pokemon before them, like you. Occasionally you will find some, and sure, go battle them, or let them battle you.

Features (For anyone who liked this enough to form a team to make this.)
Spoiler:
Pokemon Centers/Marts are designed differently: Small Wood Buildings. Think about The Kokiri Forest Shop in Ocarina of Time. Just recoloring is necessary (Or maybe possible..xD)
Possibly New Fakemon:This is a while ago, so maybe some currently extinct Pokemon show up.
Start off an amazing adventure with hard to find Pokemon and new Fakemon..:Just repeating it so you can officially remember it.
Explore: Walk through beautifully designed routes, and gorgeous caves made of lovely materials other than rock. Look for every hidden nook and cranny in the villages and towns. You might just find something.
A New Way Of Adventuring:This game will feature lots of detail, of course a team like Team Rocket, but like I say I'll need a good team to figure absolutely everything out.
Find the first legendary Pokemon: What is there to explain? Just a recolor would do..
Please tell me what you think. I decided to share this because I'm absolutely horrible at mapping, scripting, and doing most other things on the game. I want different types of pokemon to be roaming. For example.. More Teddiursa, less Rattata. More Houndour, less Growlithe. More rare Pokemon are about like Farfetch'd are as common as Pidgeys at this time period. Of course More Lapras and GOOD WATER TYPES. Thank the lord that I came up with the idea that Magikarp are VERY rare. Natural Pokemon in their natural habitats. Instead of bugs in a forest, Pokemon like Ursaring, and more flying types. More different habitats to explore for different types. Ghost towns. Heck, I'll come up with a Psychic type hangout..

Media (Screenshots, Videos)
Spoiler:
None Yet =(

Many different things await you here in the region of ..____ Trust me, I stink at coming up with names.. The first three that come to mind are.. Stantia, Alaria, and Ponto.. Told you. Sorry if this is a little over the top for a hack, I just am good at coming up with ideas xD
This hack could help define a way how the fans (Or how I) think Pokemon started. It could make a difference in hacking.
PLEASE NOTE: I have been editing this a alot, so I might be editing this right now xD
Is anybody willing to help out with me form a team and bear with my noobish questions? I could add a team spoiler

Thanks Tuck! Plus, Funky Kong is only awesome outside Mario Kart Wii
My YouTube

Last edited by cheerioscereal; December 5th, 2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Well, this is a little over the top. Way to much for a Pokemon game
Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:41 AM
The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
Respect the chemistry.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
This is quite interesting. However, i did notice some flaws on it: some people [such as myself] don't like the Pokemon Miltank, so i think it would be better to let the player have the possibility of choosing a starter. =]
Also, you only explain an event in the storyline. But what we need is, a general idea of what we are going to play or what your hack is going to offer us;

Good luck! =]

Old December 2nd, 2009, 12:25 PM
cheerioscereal
Poke Writer

Send a message via AIM to cheerioscereal Send a message via Skype™ to cheerioscereal
Since it is related to a cow, and they live on a farm I thought it would be good, but I'll see what I can do.

Just think of some good Pokemon of different types, I'll switch it around. Miltank is still a choice though.
Plus, since this is just an idea, I'm not 100% sure of absolutely everything. If we got a team and worked on it, I'm sure I would though

My YouTube
Old December 2nd, 2009, 05:54 PM
Dry
Team Rocket Elite No. 16

Nice idea's however the milktank hmm..
possibly think about a pokemon that people will like, has a practicle use for on the farm aswell.
so like an absol for rounding up mareep or somthing...
im sure you'll figure it out...

Maybe Pokemon could have a more practical use for loads of things throughout the adventure.
Like using a pikachu to power a boat for a short distance. you know just to change it up a bit...

One last thing, moves and abillitys will they change as the pokemon will be (i assume) stronger because they are different in an unknown way to those of today?

sorry to blab on, i hope people start commenting it'll make it easier for you to get things going...
Watch yourself kid.
Your lucky...
That you saved me?
No
Then why am i lucky?
Your lucky because i was in a Good mood today
Wha?...
Like i said, Watch yourself...
Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:03 PM
cheerioscereal
Poke Writer

Yea. I'm thinking about newer Pokemon. Instead of only Miltank I'll add more "farm" Pokemon into the game in fences, and like you said use electric types for boats or to power up stuff. I'll just need a good spriter. I.. kind of need a good everything
I can only do a little bit of everything. It'd also be nice to have some one to ask my noobish questions to throughout development. I believe this game could turn out great with the right team. Also, for the title screen, I can only do a little bit of it, so I'd need someone else to help me on that.
One more question, sorry if this is easy to answer, and I have tried to look it up, but what's up with the updated buildings? Are they tilemaps? I'll need some of those because this is an old game. The buildings will look different. Wooden Cabins. No televisions or PC's, but we can figure something out once the project gets further.

Please answer my questions if you like!

My YouTube
Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:53 PM
558122_DG
Learning how to make mistakes

miltank is perfectly fine, sure there are better pokemon, but miltank is very rare, (you never have one in a team). And it's pretty strong too. You should use PA31 if you wanna make it stronger, especially since it's don't got any evolutions(like charmander-->charizard).

I like teh farm idea, pretty original & probably won't be to hard to do.(which is good since it's your first hack)

btw, if you want farm pokemon, you should probably consider spoink, Ponyta. Thats all i could think of on the top of my mind. But great so far.
This signature has been disabled.
Spoilers are forbidden in signatures
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 4th, 2009, 06:51 PM
cheerioscereal
Poke Writer

Well, I figured out about tilesets (noob, right?), But I was hoping to have another mapper with me(Along with scripter, spriter, etc.). I'm trying my best to learn everything, but I'll still need some help.
Skype me @: cheerios64 : If you are willing to help me get this going. If you're interested in a new way of hacking, feel free to help me out. I still am not sure if I should use FR/LG or R/S/E. I know it's a hassle getting rid of the truck in the beginning of emerald, and I was hoping to get all of my fire red tilesets in.
Afraid there won't be many updates 'til I get a team going..
EDIT: Updated the topic. Afraid this could be over the top of a normal hack. If would require a lot of graphics and changes, like Pokemon following you (I have no idea what's possible and impossible in a hack, so you know ), Unfortunately I'll need to edit a few things.. If you're really looking for a challenge you can help me out, but this seems like a huge project. A little big for me JUST joining. I'll just keep this hanging around, but I'll wait until I learn how to do more things like mapping WELL, scripting WELL, as well as everything else.. WELL. I'll get back to you--
Sorry if I disappointed anyone.

My YouTube

Last edited by cheerioscereal; December 4th, 2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old December 4th, 2009, 07:34 PM
558122_DG
Learning how to make mistakes

actually you prolly can make em follow you, not sure bout this, but remember pokemon diamond & the cute park or whatever, your pokemon follow you there. But i think thats only in diamond!
This signature has been disabled.
Spoilers are forbidden in signatures
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 4th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by 558122_DG View Post
actually you prolly can make em follow you, not sure bout this, but remember pokemon diamond & the cute park or whatever, your pokemon follow you there. But i think thats only in diamond!
There's a way through ASM to have that feature in III gen game
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old December 5th, 2009, 09:25 AM
cheerioscereal
Poke Writer

Updated the story again. Didn't make sense at first. If there is some team in this game, It's not gonna be a take over the world thing. It's different. I'm tired of the same old same old.

Plus, that's cool it's possible. I also have a general idea of scripting and mapping, although I'm nowhere near advanced scripting and mapping. I'll need pretty much as many people as possible to help me. People with custom tilesets that consist of newer things. I haven't really gotten any newer tilesets.

My YouTube

Last edited by cheerioscereal; December 5th, 2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old January 18th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Noctros
Beginning Trainer

hey i was thinking for starters you could have possibly a miltank (of course) a mareep, a ponyta and a spoink, and yea 55812 i know you said that i was already thinking along those lines. Also i could possibly help you with spriting if by that you mean the pokemon and the trainers and stuff
Old January 20th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Don't revive threads that are over a month old, Noctros. Thank you.

/closed
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here