The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old December 4th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Nicolas's Avatar
Nicolas
O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Philippines
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
I would recommend using the HGSS sprites and tiles, but that makes the hack less original but more 3d like.

I really like the way this hack is presented which makes me want to say Kudos for this hack :D
__________________
  #27    
Old December 4th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Zeikku™'s Avatar
Zeikku™
Johto remaker
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London, England
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
I would recommend using the HGSS sprites and tiles, but that makes the hack less original but more 3d like.

I really like the way this hack is presented which makes me want to say Kudos for this hack :D
And what's so good about 3D?
A 3rd gen hack trying to look 4th gen entirely, doesn't work.
He's being original by not trying to put in 4th gen tiles/ 3D looking tiles.
If you wanted a 3D-esque hack, play a hack like Shiny Gold. Simple as!
I like the Tiles Makes the hack seem like an official game!

I have nothing against Shiny Gold I'm just saying, if all remakes were the same, would we even enjoy them as much as we do!


@Zodiac: -
Wow! Awesome, I thought you'd may consider porting the World Map from Fire Red. This is a pretty sweet remake, Everything looks very professional! As always, if you need help with graphics, just send a PM or something.
__________________

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
  #28    
Old December 4th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Nicolas's Avatar
Nicolas
O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Philippines
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikku™ View Post
And what's so good about 3D?
A 3rd gen hack trying to look 4th gen entirely, doesn't work.
He's being original by not trying to put in 4th gen tiles/ 3D looking tiles.
If you wanted a 3D-esque hack, play a hack like Shiny Gold. Simple as!
I like the Tiles Makes the hack seem like an official game!

I have nothing against Shiny Gold I'm just saying, if all remakes were the same, would we even enjoy them as much as we do!
As stated above... I said "but that makes the hack less original"
please read the whole post before you post any posts against what I'm trying to recommend.
and FYI, it's just a recommendation :\
__________________
  #29    
Old December 4th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Pokepal17's Avatar
Pokepal17
More cowbell~
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Steeltown
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
0_0

OMG, this is my ideal hack except it's on Ruby >:O. Well, if it's Fire Red style I like it. :D

This is probably the second best G/S/C remake I've ever seen. :3 Don't kill me, I liek Shiny Gold (:

I have some advice for you. Firstly, I wouldn't recomment using those custom tiles from Zel, soley on the fact that they don't match the other tiles and don't lookk nice in those palettes.

Secondly, your mapping. Try and use the other variety of Fire Red grass a little more. :3

And thirdly, Please change some of the D/N palettes, since they look a little weird to me.

Apart from that, good luck my friend!
__________________
Pokémon Stardrop
  #30    
Old December 4th, 2009, 04:52 AM
00m22
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
nice game looks awesome what prgram you use to make cover
  #31    
Old December 4th, 2009, 11:02 AM
ZodiacDaGreat's Avatar
ZodiacDaGreat
Working on a Mobile System
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Pacific
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikku™'
And what's so good about 3D?
A 3rd gen hack trying to look 4th gen entirely, doesn't work.
He's being original by not trying to put in 4th gen tiles/ 3D looking tiles.
If you wanted a 3D-esque hack, play a hack like Shiny Gold. Simple as!
I like the Tiles Makes the hack seem like an official game!

I have nothing against Shiny Gold I'm just saying, if all remakes were the same, would we even enjoy them as much as we do!

@Zodiac: -
Wow! Awesome, I thought you'd may consider porting the World Map from Fire Red. This is a pretty sweet remake, Everything looks very professional! As always, if you need help with graphics, just send a PM or something.
Exactly Having 3D tiles on a game that's coded with 2D graphics will make it still 2D... No amount of tiles will change that, I think. I think having a Ruby game with all the Fire Red stuff is a challenge indeed.

Hey Zeikku, thanks for the offer. I'll send you PM's or messenger you later, there's this backsprite of yours that I'm gonna use

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas
As stated above... I said "but that makes the hack less original"
please read the whole post before you post any posts against what I'm trying to recommend.
and FYI, it's just a recommendation
Yeah, I understand. Thanks for your comments anyway. But I just don't agree with having those tiles will make the game more 3D... Okay, well maybe on the surface but not when you walk around with the overworld. If you wanna know more of my opinions VM me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokepal17
0_0

OMG, this is my ideal hack except it's on Ruby >:O. Well, if it's Fire Red style I like it.

This is probably the second best G/S/C remake I've ever seen. :3 Don't kill me, I liek Shiny Gold (:

I have some advice for you. Firstly, I wouldn't recomment using those custom tiles from Zel, soley on the fact that they don't match the other tiles and don't lookk nice in those palettes.

Secondly, your mapping. Try and use the other variety of Fire Red grass a little more. :3

And thirdly, Please change some of the D/N palettes, since they look a little weird to me.

Apart from that, good luck my friend!
Thanks Pokepal17. Nah, it's okay, Shiny Gold's great.. I like it at first when Zel started off with Fire Red tiles but didn't after the change.
1) Couldn't agree more!
2) I'm disappointed with that too. Cause you know Ruby's major tileset isn't as large as Fire Red's and I've tried my best to fit in all the important tiles and couldn't get space for the grass. I've included them in Littleroot's tileset though - So some maps you'll find it and some you won't. I'll see what I can do about this in the future but if I can add more space for the tileset then everything will need to be remapped or something Oo
3) I think it's mostly the afternoon palette but yes I'll do something sooner or later.
Apart from that... Good day to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00m22
nice game looks awesome what prgram you use to make cover
What cover? I don't understand, could you be more specific?
__________________
  #32    
Old December 4th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
This is rocking.
No really, I only like HGSS better because it's for DS... otherwise I'd buy this.
__________________
  #33    
Old December 4th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Hohoo's Avatar
Hohoo
SOMG!1
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: East from Sweden; west from Russia; south from Norway
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
This looks nice. However, I'd suggest using skinny trees instead of those GSC bushes.
  #34    
Old December 4th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Magnius
Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Need a remixer and music hacker? If so I can help.
__________________
Check out my original music on my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MagniusKun?feature=mhee
  #35    
Old December 4th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Zeikku™'s Avatar
Zeikku™
Johto remaker
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London, England
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacDaGreat View Post
Exactly Having 3D tiles on a game that's coded with 2D graphics will make it still 2D... No amount of tiles will change that, I think. I think having a Ruby game with all the Fire Red stuff is a challenge indeed.

Hey Zeikku, thanks for the offer. I'll send you PM's or messenger you later, there's this backsprite of yours that I'm gonna use
Well show me the backsprite first, it's likely HackMew's got rights to it, if he has I'll make you a custom backsprite anyways!
__________________

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
  #36    
Old December 4th, 2009, 06:54 PM
ZodiacDaGreat's Avatar
ZodiacDaGreat
Working on a Mobile System
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Pacific
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikku™
Well show me the backsprite first, it's likely HackMew's got rights to it, if he has I'll make you a custom backsprite anyways!
Its the one you posted in the Resources thread a long time ago. I sort of recolored it to fit some of the other sprites I planned to use. I'll give you the link in a VM.
__________________
  #37    
Old December 4th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Saiba Aisu's Avatar
Saiba Aisu
Sophistiqué
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Do you have any idea when a download for this cool-looking game will be released?
__________________

Discover the shocking circumstances that set the birth of the legendary crime syndicate into motion
...

Witness Team Rocket like never before.


  #38    
Old December 4th, 2009, 07:01 PM
ZodiacDaGreat's Avatar
ZodiacDaGreat
Working on a Mobile System
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Pacific
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiba Aisu
Do you have any idea when a download for this cool-looking game will be released?
Couldn't be much longer... I'm already at Azalea... There's a few lackings though.
__________________
  #39    
Old December 4th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Pokepal17's Avatar
Pokepal17
More cowbell~
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Steeltown
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Well, again good luck then. :3

About the tileset size, the size data could be copied out of Fire Red couldn't it for the primary tileset?

Oh and I would adivse you to make a worldmap from D/P worldmap tiles because they looks a lot more nice, imo (nut it's your choice, I'm just giving my opinion) :3

And finally even though you made a tool for this I hope the door animations don't give you problems. :3

Good luck, I'm rooting for you
__________________
Pokémon Stardrop
  #40    
Old December 4th, 2009, 07:23 PM
ZodiacDaGreat's Avatar
ZodiacDaGreat
Working on a Mobile System
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Pacific
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokepal17
Well, again good luck then. :3

About the tileset size, the size data could be copied out of Fire Red couldn't it for the primary tileset?

Oh and I would adivse you to make a worldmap from D/P worldmap tiles because they looks a lot more nice, imo (nut it's your choice, I'm just giving my opinion) :3

And finally even though you made a tool for this I hope the door animations don't give you problems. :3

Good luck, I'm rooting for you
No, you can't copy the size... I tried back when I first started hacking and although it seem to work my ROM crashed Nah, the world map will remain having 3rd generation tiles. About the door animations, I overcame them with my new tool Door Manager, now the doors work the way I want.
__________________
  #41    
Old December 4th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Chaos Rush's Avatar
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Taylor Swift
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
But doesn't R/S/E have more tileset space?

According to AdvanceMap, R/S/E tilesets have space for 512 tiles, while FR/LG only has space for 384 tiles. How are you running out of tile space, if you're using FR/LG tiles, meaning you should have at least 100+ free tile space?
  #42    
Old December 4th, 2009, 10:11 PM
ZodiacDaGreat's Avatar
ZodiacDaGreat
Working on a Mobile System
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Pacific
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryemo
This hack looks awesome, cant wait to try it, awesome fakemon
Fakemon? Look carefully, there's no single fakemon here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AztecFire
But doesn't R/S/E have more tileset space?

According to AdvanceMap, R/S/E tilesets have space for 512 tiles, while FR/LG only has space for 384 tiles. How are you running out of tile space, if you're using FR/LG tiles, meaning you should have at least 100+ free tile space?
Fire Red uses 640 and R/S/E 512 in the major tileset. The tileset it self is small, don't believe me? Checkout unLZ in 1640 for Ruby and 1990 for Fire Red. So, Fire Red has more and Ruby less.
__________________
  #43    
Old December 4th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Magnius
Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
lol then I assume the answer to my question was no.
__________________
Check out my original music on my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MagniusKun?feature=mhee
  #44    
Old December 4th, 2009, 11:18 PM
~Teh Panda~'s Avatar
~Teh Panda~
Sea of Dreams - Redux
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnius View Post
lol then I assume the answer to my question was no.
Naa mag, he probably did not see the question haha
__________________




Mystic still in work to let you know...
  #45    
Old December 5th, 2009, 07:49 PM
ZodiacDaGreat's Avatar
ZodiacDaGreat
Working on a Mobile System
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Pacific
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
Yeah... I missed and overlooked the question XD Sorry.

Edit: A update screen.

Currently looks exactly like Emerald's The width of the box is exactly same as Fire Red's and Emerald's but only the text position is different. I'd like to thank interdpth for motivation and loads of tips. ---
__________________

Last edited by ZodiacDaGreat; December 5th, 2009 at 10:13 PM.
  #46    
Old December 5th, 2009, 10:19 PM
~Teh Panda~'s Avatar
~Teh Panda~
Sea of Dreams - Redux
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacDaGreat View Post
Yeah... I missed and overlooked the question XD Sorry.

Edit: A update screen.

Currently looks exactly like Emerald's The width of the box is exactly same as Fire Red's and Emerald's but only the text position is different. I'd like to thank interdpth for motivation and loads of tips. ---
Owow, that is unbelievably awesome :D, I really like the attention to detail you have with these sort of things!

Good luck
__________________




Mystic still in work to let you know...
  #47    
Old December 6th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Zeikku™'s Avatar
Zeikku™
Johto remaker
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London, England
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
Nice update, now the text actually looks like Fire Red properly!
Now the thing I now hate, is your OW for the hero :3
__________________

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
  #48    
Old December 6th, 2009, 08:33 AM
.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .com
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacDaGreat View Post
Yeah... I missed and overlooked the question XD Sorry.

Edit: A update screen.

Currently looks exactly like Emerald's The width of the box is exactly same as Fire Red's and Emerald's but only the text position is different. I'd like to thank interdpth for motivation and loads of tips. ---
Ooh. It's looking good.

You should change the text to say GEAR instead of NAV. Of course it still would be for the nav, but it would be a nice little cosmetic change imo. =X
I've done it before, it looks legit.

Also, tbh, the Emerald flowers don't look that great imo. Maybe it's just the old color that looks odd. idk.

...and change the wooden sign on that house to a mailbox.
  #49    
Old December 6th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Chaos Rush's Avatar
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Taylor Swift
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Fire Red uses 640 and R/S/E 512 in the major tileset. The tileset it self is small, don't believe me? Checkout unLZ in 1640 for Ruby and 1990 for Fire Red. So, Fire Red has more and Ruby less.
I get it now. You see, I thought you were talking about the amount of tiles you can have in your tileset in AdvanceMap (the 16x16 tiles), I didn't know you meant the 8x8 tiles that make up the 16x16 tiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacDaGreat View Post

Currently looks exactly like Emerald's The width of the box is exactly same as Fire Red's and Emerald's but only the text position is different. I'd like to thank interdpth for motivation and loads of tips. ---
If you're talking about the font then, most people don't notice this, but Emerald's font is slightly different than FireRed/LeafGreen's. The R/S font is huge, the FR/LG font is tiny, and the Emerald font is slightly bigger than FR/LG's.

Anyways, I have an idea: Why don't you use different trees for Johto, instead of the FR/LG trees? In G/S/C, Johto had "pointy" trees, while Kanto had round trees, so I think you should use the FR/LG trees for Kanto only, and use a different tree for Johto, to differentiate them a little more.
  #50    
Old December 6th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Pokepal17's Avatar
Pokepal17
More cowbell~
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Steeltown
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Nice, it's good to see Azalea town. I like the choice of tiles you used, it gives the town a nice villages like green atmosphere. :3 And I think you should change the Emerald flower palettes to a nice shade of pink of light blue. Also, it would look good if you used the FR flower for Kanto and the Emerald flower for Johto.

Good luck :3
__________________
Pokémon Stardrop
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:03 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.