The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 6th, 2009, 08:48 PM
ZodiacDaGreat
Working on a Mobile System

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikku™
Nice update, now the text actually looks like Fire Red properly!
Now the thing I now hate, is your OW for the hero :3
Yeah, I know, but I've got no choice; this sprite from Shiny Gold looks better than the ones from GSC platinum - at least that's what I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by .com
Ooh. It's looking good.

You should change the text to say GEAR instead of NAV. Of course it still would be for the nav, but it would be a nice little cosmetic change imo. =X
I've done it before, it looks legit.

Also, tbh, the Emerald flowers don't look that great imo. Maybe it's just the old color that looks odd. idk.

...and change the wooden sign on that house to a mailbox.
I've done it before too but it's way too early to do it now XD Hmm, the Emerald flowers look exactly like that in Emerald, I'll try to do something about it. Oh and it's a great idea about using a mailbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by AztecFire
If you're talking about the font then, most people don't notice this, but Emerald's font is slightly different than FireRed/LeafGreen's. The R/S font is huge, the FR/LG font is tiny, and the Emerald font is slightly bigger than FR/LG's.

Anyways, I have an idea: Why don't you use different trees for Johto, instead of the FR/LG trees? In G/S/C, Johto had "pointy" trees, while Kanto had round trees, so I think you should use the FR/LG trees for Kanto only, and use a different tree for Johto, to differentiate them a little more.
Pure Gold uses Fire Red styled font Uhm, I would like to have those round trees mainly because it's used in Fire Red and as far as I know those 'pointy' trees are hardly used are they? We should have a discussion on this XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokepal17
Nice, it's good to see Azalea town. I like the choice of tiles you used, it gives the town a nice villages like green atmosphere. :3 And I think you should change the Emerald flower palettes to a nice shade of pink of light blue. Also, it would look good if you used the FR flower for Kanto and the Emerald flower for Johto.

Good luck :3
Thanks I'll try to make it look nicer in the future
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:08 AM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Wow. This is the 2nd best Gold remake I've ever seen!
Try adding more features to make it unique from other GSC remakes.
Old December 7th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacDaGreat View Post
Pure Gold uses Fire Red styled font Uhm, I would like to have those round trees mainly because it's used in Fire Red and as far as I know those 'pointy' trees are hardly used are they? We should have a discussion on this XD
Actually, I wasn't talking about those pointy trees in the FR tileset (wonder why they're even there, are they even used at all?).

I meant make a custom tree that's pointy shaped, and then use the FireRed tree for Kanto only. Here's a Johto tree I made a long time ago:

Now I know that the tree on the left looks nothing like the Johto tree used in HG/SS, but that's because I made that tree way before HG/SS was announced, so I used the 8-bit G/S/C tree as a reference. If you were to use that tree, then use the left one for Johto only, and use the right one for Kanto only.

Plz release the demo soon!
Old December 7th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Team Rocket's Raichu
Bye-Bye!

Quote:
Yeah, I know, but I've got no choice; this sprite from Shiny Gold looks better than the ones from GSC platinum - at least that's what I think

I've done it before too but it's way too early to do it now XD Hmm, the Emerald flowers look exactly like that in Emerald, I'll try to do something about it. Oh and it's a great idea about using a mailbox

1) I disagree, but whatever floats ya boat. (I'll just hack your hack and switch it to GSC Platinum's anyway, but it will be just for me. :p

2) RSE's tiles and people are as if your looking straight at them while the tiles and people are as if your a little above the ground, so it makes them look as if the have huge heads.
To make it simple RSE = looking straight and FRLG = Looking at slight elevation.
3) Totally let's spam the thread with nonsense about trees. 0.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by AztecFire View Post
Actually, I wasn't talking about those pointy trees in the FR tileset (wonder why they're even there, are they even used at all?).

I meant make a custom tree that's pointy shaped, and then use the FireRed tree for Kanto only. Here's a Johto tree I made a long time ago:

Now I know that the tree on the left looks nothing like the Johto tree used in HG/SS, but that's because I made that tree way before HG/SS was announced, so I used the 8-bit G/S/C tree as a reference. If you were to use that tree, then use the left one for Johto only, and use the right one for Kanto only.

Nice Johto tree. That would be nice in any hack.

I'm a supermod of that forum.

I've left, bye PC.
Old December 7th, 2009, 08:34 PM
ZodiacDaGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch
Wow. This is the 2nd best Gold remake I've ever seen!
Try adding more features to make it unique from other GSC remakes.
This is unique XD How many remakes have you seen that's built on Ruby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AztecFire

I'll stick to the Fire Red one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raichu_is_Awesome
1) I disagree, but whatever floats ya boat. (I'll just hack your hack and switch it to GSC Platinum's anyway, but it will be just for me. :p

2) RSE's tiles and people are as if your looking straight at them while the tiles and people are as if your a little above the ground, so it makes them look as if the have huge heads.
To make it simple RSE = looking straight and FRLG = Looking at slight elevation.
3) Totally let's spam the thread with nonsense about trees. 0.o

Nice Johto tree. That would be nice in any hack.
Then I'll make sure you can't I bluff... Just joking

Anyways, I've discussed this idea over with my friend and decided to do a version with Heart Gold/Sole Silver styled graphics and all after the Fire Red/Leaf Green styled one is over, this will be done after I complete this hackl. So to summarise, there'll be two versions.
Old December 8th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
I like the idea because it'll please everyone, but I really don't think you should do it.

Why?

Because to me, if a G/S/C remake starts to use HGSS tiles, it seems that they are competing with HGSS. And the style of graphics is the same as D/P/Pt and yet I've heard "Remakes shouldn't use D/P tiles" So why should they use HGSS tiles?

Not to mention it'll be more work for you and deep down in the end it'll be the same game. Who cares about FR style tiles in a remake? WHy do people need HGSS in a remake which looks fine the way it is?

Anyway it's your choice. :3
Old December 8th, 2009, 09:27 PM
ZodiacDaGreat

Quote:
I like the idea because it'll please everyone, but I really don't think you should do it.

Why?

Because to me, if a G/S/C remake starts to use HGSS tiles, it seems that they are competing with HGSS. And the style of graphics is the same as D/P/Pt and yet I've heard "Remakes shouldn't use D/P tiles" So why should they use HGSS tiles?

Not to mention it'll be more work for you and deep down in the end it'll be the same game. Who cares about FR style tiles in a remake? WHy do people need HGSS in a remake which looks fine the way it is?

Anyway it's your choice. :3
Exactly So, the discussion on that issue is closed for now.
Old December 9th, 2009, 03:41 AM
anirudh.nikhil
Beginning Trainer

how can i download pure gold version?
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:00 AM
Lyzo
On vacation

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lyzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudh.nikhil View Post
how can i download pure gold version?
Well since it isn't out yet, you can't

Thank you The Blueprint !!!
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:56 AM
M++
Martin, the forgotten hacker.

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to M++
Hello there!

This is my first post with new account ^^ (By the way, it is me, Martin, the one who likes CSS) I am glad that I could use it on this comment :)

Well, I see here something really promising. Since we talked last time, I believe you must have improved really drastically, as this hack looks really brilliant. It seems like I will have hard time returning to hacking with so many hackers on really high level. It will take a long time to me to reach it. I hope I am not yet too rusty hacker, and will be glad to help you out once a while. but you know, sometimes people don't have time for anything, not to mention social life -_^

I am really happy of what I see here, and am here to help you if you ask me ;)

Martin
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:56 PM
nui876
I like hacks

Nature: Calm
that looks just like pokemon shinygold
Old December 11th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
Originally Posted by nui876 View Post
that looks just like pokemon shinygold
No it doesn't. The hero may look the same but that's only until a replacement is found. Shiny Gold did use Fire Red tiles but then Zel inserted other kinds of tiles. So unless you are talking about Shiny Gold beta 2/3/3.5, this hack bears no resemblance to it. :3
Old December 12th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Plus this is a Ruby hack.
Old December 12th, 2009, 08:51 PM
ZodiacDaGreat

i released a Alpha version. For people who are interested, if you want to try it. It's in the first post.
Old December 12th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

An alpha? Sweet! I'm gonna play this later, I know it'll be awesome.

Keep up this progress my friend!
Old December 12th, 2009, 11:20 PM
pokefreak2
I can't believe you read this

theres a bug in your alpha in cherrygrove there is a guy outside where route 20 something shuld be and
he has the old man script

http://www.awsurveys.com/HomeMain.cfm?RefID=Xmouvelianx click on this please it gives my friend money it's not a rick roll and all you do is click on it sign up then leave and then we get 1.25$ ty

http://pokerum.freehostia.com/Forum/Forum/index.php

Copy and paste into your top browser
Old December 13th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

At alpha was really good, I can't wait to see more!

The coloured text was nice and the scripting was really good. It felt like it was a Fire Red hack XD.

The only thing I found was that when the tour guide goes into his home he walks into the door and then the door opensand closes. Its looks a little strange.

Well, keep on with this fantastic work.!
Old December 13th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Team Rocket's Raichu
Bye-Bye!

Wow, an alpha. I'll play it, and edit my post later to tell you how I like it.

EDIT: Um, I just keep getting a white screen. Maybe it's the rom or the patch. I don't know? Can someone help me? (I can always get FR hacks to work.)

I'm a supermod of that forum.

I've left, bye PC.

Last edited by Team Rocket's Raichu; December 13th, 2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old December 13th, 2009, 01:26 PM
ZodiacDaGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokefreak2
theres a bug in your alpha in cherrygrove there is a guy outside where route 20 something shuld be and
he has the old man script
I'm checking it now... The guy outside Route 30 is there to tell you the Alpha ends. So, I don't think that's a bug - could you be more specific?

Quote:
At alpha was really good, I can't wait to see more!

The coloured text was nice and the scripting was really good. It felt like it was a Fire Red hack XD.

The only thing I found was that when the tour guide goes into his home he walks into the door and then the door opensand closes. Its looks a little strange.

Well, keep on with this fantastic work.!
Yeah, I know... I was still not that good with scripting compared to now XD I'll fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raichu_is_Awesome
Wow, an alpha. I'll play it, and edit my post later to tell you how I like it.

EDIT: Um, I just keep getting a white screen. Maybe it's the rom or the patch. I don't know? Can someone help me? (I can always get FR hacks to work.)
This is a Ruby hack Try a clean Ruby ROM.
Old December 13th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

For some reason every Ruby rom I tried didnt work, but after many downloading and deleting's, I finally got one to work (I can't find the AXVE one).

Anyways, I didn't go into much observation, so this is what I'll say:

Music - The Intro music (Route 30) was terrible. I can constantly hear a C note beeping on and on, and whoever composed that midi you have doesn't know how to correctly make chords in the correct key. The song is in the key of G, but the midi you have has notes that make wrong chords that don't correspond correctly. Also I kinda don't like how the New Bark music is in a different key than the original. And the Pokemon Center music is crap. It sounds like a 4-track 8-bit theme with GBA instruments.

Also for some reason when you start in your room, you can hear the PokeMart music.

Graphics - Amazing. When playing it, it's hard to believe that it's a hack of Ruby.

Glitches/Bugs - You said you don't have any, but there are. One of the houses in New Bark Town has a TV saying that Latios is flying around Hoenn.

Anyways I have a few questions: Since the PokeNav (Gear?) map shows Johto only, what are you going to do for Kanto areas?
Old December 13th, 2009, 02:47 PM
ZodiacDaGreat

Quote:
For some reason every Ruby rom I tried didnt work, but after many downloading and deleting's, I finally got one to work (I can't find the AXVE one).

Anyways, I didn't go into much observation, so this is what I'll say:

Music - The Intro music (Route 30) was terrible. I can constantly hear a C note beeping on and on, and whoever composed that midi you have doesn't know how to correctly make chords in the correct key. The song is in the key of G, but the midi you have has notes that make wrong chords that don't correspond correctly. Also I kinda don't like how the New Bark music is in a different key than the original. And the Pokemon Center music is crap. It sounds like a 4-track 8-bit theme with GBA instruments.

Also for some reason when you start in your room, you can hear the PokeMart music.

Graphics - Amazing. When playing it, it's hard to believe that it's a hack of Ruby.

Glitches/Bugs - You said you don't have any, but there are. One of the houses in New Bark Town has a TV saying that Latios is flying around Hoenn.

Anyways I have a few questions: Since the PokeNav (Gear?) map shows Johto only, what are you going to do for Kanto areas?
Uh, I know Route 30/Intro theme has a problem, it'll be fixed later. The PokéCenter theme is already there, in built in Ruby - I don't think it sounds bad. New Bark is also good, I guess this is just how different people have different tastes XD I'm not saying they won't be changed, maybe in future versions.

The Mart music is in the room, because I changed it with Advance Intro Ed, surprisingly not all music can be used.

As for the TV, how the heck did you get the Latios message? I tried all I can but no Latios/Latias message. So, this must be due to cheats or dirty ROMs.

Kanto will be included, I can reveal much now... But they will be in.
Old December 13th, 2009, 05:31 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
awesomeness, yea.
great hack

Old December 13th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
The Mart music is in the room, because I changed it with Advance Intro Ed, surprisingly not all music can be used.

As for the TV, how the heck did you get the Latios message? I tried all I can but no Latios/Latias message. So, this must be due to cheats or dirty ROMs.

Kanto will be included, I can reveal much now... But they will be in.
About the Latios message, for some reason I went back to the house and there was no message. I guess it's because earlier I had a WtW cheat on (lol I managed to make it to Fortree City).

Also what I meant about Kanto was, I know you are going to include it, but how will you make the map show up on the PokeNav?

Also one thing I suggest: Make a different house and lab for New Bark Town, instead of using Pallet Town's houses. It looks kinda weird seeing Kanto houses in Johto.

Last edited by Chaos Rush; December 13th, 2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old December 13th, 2009, 08:11 PM
pokefreak2
I can't believe you read this

in your alpha the guy outside route 30 in cherrygrove has the old man script and i think he needs the
script you said be4 where to tell you that the alpha ends but instead yea has the old man that
gives you town map script

http://www.awsurveys.com/HomeMain.cfm?RefID=Xmouvelianx click on this please it gives my friend money it's not a rick roll and all you do is click on it sign up then leave and then we get 1.25$ ty

http://pokerum.freehostia.com/Forum/Forum/index.php

Copy and paste into your top browser
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links