The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: What region should I add after Kanto?
Johto 181 43.83%
Hoenn 57 13.80%
Sinnoh 47 11.38%
Orre 128 30.99%
Voters: 413. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 12th, 2009, 07:45 AM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
I love the overworld graphics of pikachu who made them?
They are the HGSS Sprites. GameFreak made them

Quote:
Originally Posted by nroug7 View Post
Ah one more question for now also - in the original yellow edition you could turn around and check how pikachu is feeling, is the same system going to be implemented into this?
I am going to try to implement the feature. Depending on if I know how to check their happiness
Old December 13th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Poeman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Checking hapiness is easy, I have done that with the starterkit before, I will look up how to do it again and edit my post.

Would you like any help with the game? I am looking to join a team. I am a slow spriter, and I mainly have to edit things but I can sprite meh, I can map and event fine, and I have been using the RPG maker series sense 2005 :D

Though I mainly use GM now lol

EDIT:
Found the hapiness checking:
Quote:
$game_variables[53]=$Trainer.party[0].
happiness
Sets pokemon in slot 0's hapiness to variable 53, you just need to configure it for your game, also you may need to do a check to see where pikachu is in the party

Last edited by Poeman; December 13th, 2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old December 13th, 2009, 11:57 AM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

Quote:
Checking hapiness is easy, I have done that with the starterkit before, I will look up how to do it again and edit my post.

Would you like any help with the game? I am looking to join a team. I am a slow spriter, and I mainly have to edit things but I can sprite meh, I can map and event fine, and I have been using the RPG maker series sense 2005 :D

Though I mainly use GM now lol

EDIT:
Found the hapiness checking:

Sets pokemon in slot 0's hapiness to variable 53, you just need to configure it for your game, also you may need to do a check to see where pikachu is in the party
Wow! Thanks a lot. Um, if you would like to be um...a mapper. I can loan you the tileset. I really need somebody to help me remake the original yellow maps.
Old December 13th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Poeman

Sure thing!
Do you have MSN or AIM, I can contact you there to get information, but if not PM is fine I guess
Old December 13th, 2009, 05:36 PM
nroug7
Beginning Trainer

you wouldnt happen to need an idealist would you?

oh and btw, i just noticed, the menu feels a little cluttered..... i mean on both sides of the screen it looks kinda disorganised.
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:15 PM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

Quote:
Originally Posted by nroug7 View Post
you wouldnt happen to need an idealist would you?

oh and btw, i just noticed, the menu feels a little cluttered..... i mean on both sides of the screen it looks kinda disorganised.
Actually the term idealist isn't used that way. But yeah I could use someone to help me with the features.

And about the menu, it isn't always like that. It only appears when you press 'x'
Old December 16th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Lopnis

Is pokemon sparkling yellow and it's speacial edition going to be worked on at the sametime or will you finish sparkling yellow and then start working on the special edition?
Old December 17th, 2009, 02:46 PM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopnis View Post
Is pokemon sparkling yellow and it's speacial edition going to be worked on at the sametime or will you finish sparkling yellow and then start working on the special edition?
Once, I finish the regular edition. I will make the Special Edition.

I know I haven't updated in a while. I had to reboot my computer since it got some stupid spyware

But, I do have a new idea.

Character Customization.
This feature, you will be able to change your outfit, Such as a Team Rocket's outfit, A Bug Catcher's outfit, etc.

When you wear these new outfits, certain things will be unlocked, such as getting into TR's bases, specific bug catching contests. Things like that.
Old December 17th, 2009, 03:07 PM
101baby
Beginning Trainer

Old December 17th, 2009, 03:16 PM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101baby View Post
just hurry up i want to play it
Be Patient. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people rush a demo (Not, just mine, but anybody's)

EDIT: The Poll will end in 1 week
Old December 17th, 2009, 03:30 PM
amarj3
Trainer

really like the look of this, but just looking at your sig...gary's first pokemon is squirtel, not eevee
Old December 17th, 2009, 03:36 PM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarj3 View Post
really like the look of this, but just looking at your sig...gary's first pokemon is squirtel, not eevee
Actually, in Red+Blue his Pokemon is the type that your pokemon is vulnerable against.

But, in Yellow, his Pokemon is Eevee
Old December 19th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Poeman

I don't like the idea of changing outfits, it doesn't seem pokemonish to me.
Old December 21st, 2009, 12:28 PM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

For those of you who want to know, I have been working on this game. Not as much, but it has gotten some progress.

I have had some trouble with the game. Alucus is going to start the Pokemon Center Tiles, so once I have those, the demo will be released.
Old December 21st, 2009, 12:55 PM
Poeman

Can't wait :D
By the by, when am I going to map something? @_@
Old December 21st, 2009, 12:58 PM
Lopnis

Will you be able to get all kanto starters in this game like in the original yellow?
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:39 PM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopnis View Post
Will you be able to get all kanto starters in this game like in the original yellow?
Yes, as you can see in the Ranch Screenie, there is a bulbasaur available for sale. The way to obtain the Pokemon will be different.

You will also be able to catch some starters wild. They will be rare though.
Old December 21st, 2009, 02:16 PM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
OMG Im sorry some features i planned for my game are in yours... since your topic was up first I can come up with new features if you'd like...
Old December 21st, 2009, 02:54 PM
Poeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCharizard View Post
OMG Im sorry some features i planned for my game are in yours... since your topic was up first I can come up with new features if you'd like...
It doesn't really matter, the chance of you or variety finishing the fangame is slim, so the features don't make a difference.
Old December 21st, 2009, 02:59 PM
KingCharizard

Quote:
It doesn't really matter, the chance of you or variety finishing the fangame is slim, so the features don't make a difference.
wow way to boast morale... I Will finish mine that is a guarentee...
Old December 21st, 2009, 03:00 PM
Poeman

Theres only about 5 or 10 GOOD finished fangames, and to be honest, I don't think you will, sure I can say you will but that leads us in a circle.
Old December 21st, 2009, 03:10 PM
KingCharizard

Quote:
Theres only about 5 or 10 GOOD finished fangames, and to be honest, I don't think you will, sure I can say you will but that leads us in a circle.
Saying someone wont finish is disrespectful and False, you have no idea what I will or will not do.
You sould just shut up while you still can... You got no evidence that I wont finish therefore your claim isn't rational... Now im letting it go I suggest you do the same
Old December 21st, 2009, 04:06 PM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

Listen Listen, ok, at first, I thought I wasn't going to get this far in making the game. This is actually the longest project I have actually been working on.

Poeman, you were being really rude. Maybe, KingCharizard, if you actually put the effort you will finish your game.

Now seriously, take this somewhere else. It's not needed.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:28 PM
Poeman

It already ended.
soapy soap
Old December 23rd, 2009, 01:06 PM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

Ok guys, not much of a big update here, but I will try my best.

So, some of you may have noticed my posts in the PE Thread. Well, I am having trouble with the project. I may possibly start over. If I do not have any solution to my problem, Pokemon Sparkling Yellow will be fully revamped.

If I do revamp SY, then what graphics should I use? I am thinking I should still use Alucus' tiles, but I really do like FRLG tiles. If I do use FRLG graphics, I will create some custom tiles. They will not be exactly FRLG. So, I am not sure. Leave a post letting me know what you think.

The game will still be the same. I will improve some things, and I will put in some new things. The plot, I hope to have some new changes to it. I just want your opinion on all of this.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here