The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive

Notices

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

Old October 19th, 2004, 05:12 AM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Krazy_Meerkat
Ok I have finally found a working pokemon MMORPG.. And we all know how skeptical everyone gets when people claim these types of things, but I know it works because I downloaded it and played it..
Alright everyone, it isn't much to show but at least it's pokemon and it's online. Everything that's included in the game is a few people and the first town. They have talked about a day/night system in it but I didn't see it for myself yet.. A small pokemon battle sys is included with the first release, it isn't very much to show.. You only get to battle a NPC with some pre-chosen pokemon. Still, it does have online support and multiple players can play (don't know what it's like yet.. ).. Apparently there is a chat option but I can't figure out how to get up the chat window..
All in all, I think that this project will become really popular upon more-advanced releases.. Make up your own mind on the subject, here is the forum where you can download it and see what everyone had been saying about it: http://forums.gamemaker.nl/index.php?showtopic=66213

Also while browsing that site, I managed to stumble across an online pokemon battle simulator (more advanced than the one in the MMORPG and you can use it with other online poeple I assume) I am still downloading it, the server seems fairly unstable.. I tried to download it at least 5 times before it started working properly instead of just finishing with only 125kb.. This file is about 5 MB and here is the site: http://www.tvsian.com/netbattle/index.htm
EDIT: Ok I downloaded it and man it is really hard to play. Everyone I played completely destroyed my pokemon. It has pretty good music and graphics..

Well I hope you all have a good time with the things.. :D

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Krazy_Meerkat; October 19th, 2004 at 05:51 AM.
Old October 19th, 2004, 05:43 AM
Savant

I'm playing it right now, seems pretty cool, the only thing I don't like about it is that it's made in GMSock Lite which kinda ruins it.

The chat system is a bit weird, it takes up the whole screen, so you can't do anything while talking
Old October 19th, 2004, 05:53 AM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar
I'm playing it right now, seems pretty cool, the only thing I don't like about it is that it's made in GMSock Lite which kinda ruins it.

The chat system is a bit weird, it takes up the whole screen, so you can't do anything while talking
You just have to go and talk to another person on the net to start chatting apparently.. I don't know what GMSock lite is.. I didn't know you knew about all this stuff with GM..

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Krazy_Meerkat; October 19th, 2004 at 05:58 AM.
Old October 19th, 2004, 05:57 AM
Savant

To chat you have to press spacebar (it works when I walk then press spacebar, a window should pop up and you can chat)

I use GM sometimes.. I've even made a little game in it
Old October 19th, 2004, 06:10 AM
NiNGi
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NiNGi
Cool! I gotta try this!! @_@

*goes to download it* thanks!
Old October 19th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Ninja Tree
I turn 1 everyday

Ok...it lagged my computer and I have a pretty good one. I don't think this game will continue either cause of making it in GM. GM shouldn't be used for MMORPGS anyways. If he does complete the game it will be a huge file. From my experince in GM before I don't think it will be done for a long time.
Old October 19th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed
i like it.
noone online when i was on- jus in game charatcers

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old October 19th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Ninja Tree
I turn 1 everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon
i like it.
noone online when i was on- jus in game charatcers
Yea doesn't seem like many people will be on at all.
Old October 19th, 2004, 12:36 PM
elite13kid
I rule!

Send a message via AIM to elite13kid Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to elite13kid
this seems kool is this an online game which many ppl play and u can interact? i am building my team right now...

Please visit my site. {Click Here.}

I made the banner above...go on, click on it
Old October 19th, 2004, 12:44 PM
NiNGi
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NiNGi
gh! i was playing the pokemon battle game and i got kicked by everyopne! '

I dont really like it... people used pokemon which had always moves like earthquake... unnatural moves for pokemon because you can just decide which move to put em...
gah! I wish there was a REAL pokemon battle game online '
Old October 19th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Dawson
The Rebirth Is Upon Us

Wow, this could be a big step forward in Pokemon gaming. Wasn't Pokemon Treasures an MMORPG? Also, is it still being developed?
Old October 19th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix316
Wow, this could be a big step forward in Pokemon gaming. Wasn't Pokemon Treasures an MMORPG? Also, is it still being developed?
Yeah.. I never played it though

Old October 21st, 2004, 02:01 PM
Ninja Tree
I turn 1 everyday

Hey where is the latest version? I've been looking for a while...
Old October 21st, 2004, 11:38 PM
Sorye HK
Looking around here and there

Nature: Adamant
I was playing for an hour and the program starts making errors
occur on my computer. Quite fun to play though. Shouldn't this
go in the 'other games' section though? This thread's kinda in the middle
of the two forums.
Old October 22nd, 2004, 01:57 AM
Savant

It belongs under Game Developement, as it's being made in Game Maker, which is a free and easy to use program for making games
Old October 22nd, 2004, 06:03 AM
Ninja Tree
I turn 1 everyday

Quote:
free and easy to use program for making games
Not free you have to register to get more functions and it depends what kind of game your making for it to be easy. Pokmon games actually can be a bit hard in it.
Old October 22nd, 2004, 06:13 AM
Savant

Actually the maker is free, and the extra functions you pay for doesn't really do that much for games you make.
Old October 23rd, 2004, 11:57 PM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Quote:
Actually the maker is free, and the extra functions you pay for doesn't really do that much for games you make.
Well it all depends which type of game you want to make.. If you want things which use a particle sys and have online capabilities then you will want to register.. I, myself have V5.3A and 6 both registered..

Old October 26th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Geometric-sama
The Manly Man of Steel

Nature: Bold
Hm, I may try this on my home computer. There's no real point in an MMORPG if there's not a lot of people playing it though.

"One reason why mathematics enjoys special esteem, above all other sciences, is that its laws are absolutely certain and indisputable, while those of other sciences are to some extent debatable and in constant danger of being overthrown by newly discovered facts."
Albert Einstein

"What science can there be more noble, more excellent, more useful for men, more admirably high and demonstrative than mathematics."
Benjamin Franklin

"Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty – a beauty cold and austere, like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of paintings or music, yet sublimely pure and capable of a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show."
Bertrand Russell

avatar and signature by FoxHound

ANNOY ME AT YOUR PERIL. I am becoming increasingly tired of the unmanly elitism and closed-mindedness of certain members who shall remain unnamed.
Old October 27th, 2004, 03:54 AM
cigarettes
Pokemon Slate Creator

Send a message via AIM to cigarettes Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cigarettes Send a message via Yahoo to cigarettes
Hey i downloaded it

it kind of lagged a bit but no one was on :confused:

Cigarettes :chinese:
Old November 18th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Mack
Beginning Trainer

check it out http://mantis.desk.pl/PO/ in development though

Last edited by Mack; November 19th, 2004 at 12:23 AM.
Old November 19th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Ninja Tree
I turn 1 everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
check it out http://mantis.desk.pl/PO/ in development though
Awesome a Pokemon MMORPG being worked on I think the other one died...Plus make it open source to b l33t
Old November 19th, 2004, 02:10 PM
DarknessMonkey

Send a message via ICQ to DarknessMonkey Send a message via AIM to DarknessMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to DarknessMonkey
Hey I Go To That Community!
I Saw It!
I Know How To Function The Day & Night System I Have A Download!
Well Anyways Its Great!
How Come You Guys Didnt Know About This Stuff?

Been on this community for years and just finally realized it. I'M BACK!

Going to start making my Pokémon game for RMXP, need help with tilesets, spriting, and scripting. PM me for details!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links