The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old December 28th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Aljam
Pierce the heavens
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Modest
oooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo finally another GB Hack round here. Going to grad a demo nao XD
Old December 29th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Cartmic
Veteran ROM Hacker

If you talk to everyone around the Java Way and Javaton areas you should be able to work out how it got its Java name. Java in the US is apparently slang for Coffee.

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone
Old December 29th, 2009, 04:46 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
This hack looks cool, I remember a Sailor in Pokemon Prism mentioning a bridge to Crion region being broken. Also how did you edit the area connections?
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old December 29th, 2009, 05:24 AM
tifaluv

So what's changed in this hack? Is it a complete overhaul like CBM hacks? Or is it just a different map design like Miksy hacks?

Are any of the Pokemon's stats and movesets changed, etc?
Old December 29th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Cartmic
Veteran ROM Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaluv View Post
So what's changed in this hack? Is it a complete overhaul like CBM hacks? Or is it just a different map design like Miksy hacks?

Are any of the Pokemon's stats and movesets changed, etc?
Play it and see

I've been hacking for about 7 years, I don't do simple hacks.

Quote:
Also how did you edit the area connections?
The connection data is stored in the maps header, and like everything but maps and graphics, I spent a long time in a hex editor editing them.
Old December 31st, 2009, 05:41 PM
Ryudo
Resident Geohound

Finally finished the demo the other day and I gotta say it was fun, looking forward to any future releases. I've also uploaded my run of the game to youtube (in three videos too, which surprised me) for anyone curious to see Violet in action;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VoOOmEFqmk - Beginning and first Town

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl6slR34tT4 - Forest Dungeon and Second Town

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Lk-kTtiow - First (playable) City Hall and End

I gotta admit though so far unless you pick Charmander or by sheer luck manage to get a Butterfree, the first Hall is going to be a pain in the ass due to its type. Maybe having Spearow catchable (if they already aren't?) in later releases would be a good idea?

Pokemon Crystal Pikachu Edition - vs Red.

01FF13C6
Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:48 AM
Cartmic
Veteran ROM Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryudo View Post
Finally finished the demo the other day and I gotta say it was fun, looking forward to any future releases. I've also uploaded my run of the game to youtube (in three videos too, which surprised me) for anyone curious to see Violet in action;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VoOOmEFqmk - Beginning and first Town

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl6slR34tT4 - Forest Dungeon and Second Town

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Lk-kTtiow - First (playable) City Hall and End

I gotta admit though so far unless you pick Charmander or by sheer luck manage to get a Butterfree, the first Hall is going to be a pain in the ass due to its type. Maybe having Spearow catchable (if they already aren't?) in later releases would be a good idea?
Thanks for the play through, I added some comments to the videos.

Last edited by Cartmic; January 2nd, 2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:40 PM
HaloSonic
NOM NOM NOM

Nature: Relaxed
playing it, pretty good, but its a pity you cant modify red too intrinsicly, otherwise, Id have a crack at the whole romhacking thing myself. pretty good so far still.

Good Bye Nintendo WiFi, you were fun. (my codes won't work anymore, so.... ya, hit me up on 3DS if you want dem trades.)
Old January 17th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Hokorashiimesuinu
sinnoh master

Nature: Sassy
wow a political pokemon (^-^)
Old January 24th, 2010, 07:20 AM
TheRichar
Check my Thread :3

Nature: Adamant
Looks like you are having a nice hack here... Keep it up ! :D

Yeah The"Richar
Visit my trade thread!!!
When I CMT please post in it :3
Old February 27th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Chaos Dirge
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Calm
Looks good, I'll try it, but question since this is a red hack do you plan to tweak with the weakness system? The earlier games were messed up when it came to weaknesses like I remember Thundershock working on Geodude and some moves like water gun not effecting certain pokemon. Also do you plan on adding Pokemon from newer games like what has been done to the pokemon brown hack? I didn't see any information on these in the first post so I thought I would ask, doesn't matter either way, it still won't make it a bad hack but tweaking with the weakness system would still be a good idea. XD

Sponsored Links