The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 13th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
Another Bug Report:

There is a major glitch in genesis Cave where you and trainers appear under tiles etc. it's quite glitchy. :\ I'll try and get a screenshot.

Pokémon Aureolin

Old April 13th, 2010, 10:23 AM
xJordan360
plurfection.

Nature: Sassy
It might be just me, but when i click the downloads it redirects me to an invalid attachment specified page?

EDIT: Nevermind me, I figured it out. Just a lil kiddie full of fail here.
Game looks good, by the way :D
Old April 13th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
This might be hard to do but the title screen would look very good if you could make the PRESS START blink and have animated bubbles in the background.
I don't think Manipulation is really bothered about that. :3

And Harry, nice to see custom move tutors <:
Will you edit the TMs too?
Old April 13th, 2010, 12:57 PM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokepal17 View Post
I don't think Manipulation is really bothered about that. :3

And Harry, nice to see custom move tutors <:
Will you edit the TMs too?
Maybe, but then I'd have to edit every Pokémon in the game. :<

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJordan360 View Post
It might be just me, but when i click the downloads it redirects me to an invalid attachment specified page?

EDIT: Nevermind me, I figured it out. Just a lil kiddie full of fail here.
Game looks good, by the way :D
XD;

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
Another Bug Report:

There is a major glitch in genesis Cave where you and trainers appear under tiles etc. it's quite glitchy. :\ I'll try and get a screenshot.
Yeah, I haven't got around to editing the background and behaviour bytes for those tiles yet. I just assumed they were fine. Either way, it's not really a major glitch. :| (Fixed it in beta 2.22 and some other stuff.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
This might be hard to do but the title screen would look very good if you could make the PRESS START blink and have animated bubbles in the background.
My assembley abilities don't stretch that far. :<

Anyway, see my reply to Retribution for a little update.

paired with christos
Old April 13th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post

Maybe, but then I'd have to edit every Pokémon in the game. :<

XD;

Thanks.

Yeah, I haven't got around to editing the background and behaviour bytes for those tiles yet. I just assumed they were fine. Either way, it's not really a major glitch. (Fixed it in beta 2.22 and some other stuff.)

My assembley abilities don't stretch that far. :<

Anyway, see my reply to Retribution for a little update.
Lazy >:

BTW, Atlanta Plains is a great map, Christos is a sexy mapper. :3

And Harry, are you going to make one of those big cities like Goldenrod, Saffron, Veilstone etc.?
Old April 14th, 2010, 02:35 AM
princeken09
Beginning Trainer

yay it's fixed nice game, hope this gets finished. More power!
Old April 14th, 2010, 09:02 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

I inserted a new tree tile for Colt Forest. :3

Credits;

Kyledove - Tree
Zein - Tree Stump

paired with christos
Old April 14th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

The fourth gym leader is quite glitchy. The background is black, and the ROM freezes often because certain moves are used. I remember using Fire Punch against one of her Pokemon and the game froze, for instand. Also, there is a glitched trainer to the right of the city where the fourth gym leader is. It's a Rocket Grunt, and the game freezes after beating him. Apart from that, I'm loving the game, especially the rocket event in Thames Town.

Pokémon Aureolin

Old April 14th, 2010, 12:20 PM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
The fourth gym leader is quite glitchy. The background is black, and the ROM freezes often because certain moves are used. I remember using Fire Punch against one of her Pokemon and the game froze, for instand. Also, there is a glitched trainer to the right of the city where the fourth gym leader is. It's a Rocket Grunt, and the game freezes after beating him. Apart from that, I'm loving the game, especially the rocket event in Thames Town. :)

What? :< I just faced her and that didn't happen to me. I also know about the trainer, but Atalanta Plains wasn't meant to be in the beta and I don't condone playing through it. I've fixed everything on that route though. (Not in a public beta, though.)

paired with christos
Old April 14th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Quote:

What? :< I just faced her and that didn't happen to me. I also know about the trainer, but Atalanta Plains wasn't meant to be in the beta and I don't condone playing through it. I've fixed everything on that route though. (Not in a public beta, though.)
That's strange. \; I don't think I'm using a bad ROM, patched it incorrectly etc. because everything else is working fine. :\

Pokémon Aureolin

Old April 14th, 2010, 01:26 PM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Well, I haven't changed anything in A-Map of that kind since I released it. D:

~*!*~HELP PLEASE~*!*~

Hello all, I'm really looking for anyone who can music hack/compose to join the Sienna team. That's not all, I'm also looking for high quality mappers. You see, I have no inspiration and would like another mapper to join. However, mappers aren't as high priority as music hackers. I'd really LOVE for Sienna to have custom music. ^_^

paired with christos
Old April 14th, 2010, 01:46 PM
sasquatchd00d
welcoming a clean head.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
~*!*~HELP PLEASE~*!*~

Hello all, I'm really looking for anyone who can music hack/compose to join the Sienna team. That's not all, I'm also looking for high quality mappers. You see, I have no inspiration and would like another mapper to join. However, mappers aren't as high priority as music hackers. I'd really LOVE for Sienna to have custom music. ^_^
If you need a mapper, I might be able to do a map for you here and there. :)

Do you need proof of work? Because I'm not sure if I'm the type of mapper you're looking for.
Old April 15th, 2010, 06:33 AM
AimayBee
Mighty Spriter

Nature: Gentle
I know you don't need mappers that bad, but i've been following this hack for a while now and i would like to help.
I have taken art and design in college and have high grades in it, i'm not like other mappers as i know exactly what looks good in a map and what doesn't.
Examples of my work are in little folders on my profile... [Kinda new to these types of forums lol]
I hope you will let me help, just PM or VM me and you can test me if you want. x
--Aimay. x

I've had a few requests to make this hack an actual thing now. So I'm re-inserting the tileset into an earlier, non-corrupted file.

Let me know if you want the beta 0.5.
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:24 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatchd00d View Post
If you need a mapper, I might be able to do a map for you here and there. :)

Do you need proof of work? Because I'm not sure if I'm the type of mapper you're looking for.
See your VMs. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimayBee View Post
I know you don't need mappers that bad, but i've been following this hack for a while now and i would like to help.
I have taken art and design in college and have high grades in it, i'm not like other mappers as i know exactly what looks good in a map and what doesn't.
Examples of my work are in little folders on my profile... [Kinda new to these types of forums lol]
I hope you will let me help, just PM or VM me and you can test me if you want. x
--Aimay. x
I'm sorry, but I've looked at your maps and they're a tad abysmal. :< We've also closed the mapping position now.

~*!*~Updates~*!*~

I've completely finished mapping Vrai Cave and have scripted two of its caverns.

Credits:
Kyledove - Tiles
mitchel1 - Inserting them. ;)

paired with christos

Last edited by hashtag; April 15th, 2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Quote:

See your VMs.

I'm sorry, but I've looked at your maps and they're a tad abysmal. :< We've also closed the mapping position now.

~*!*~Updates~*!*~

I've completely finished mapping Vrai Cave and have scripted two of its caverns.

The caves called Vrai Cave? xD That's awesome! :D As for the cave itself, I can't find any flaws and I think from the two screenshots thta it looks good. I wonder what Pokemon will be in the cave?

Pokémon Aureolin

Old April 15th, 2010, 11:41 AM
AimayBee
Mighty Spriter

Quote:

See your VMs.

Oops... Forgot to change the private one to able to see... The hack screenshots are messing with tile changer...

Oh well... At least i can still play your hack. lol

I've had a few requests to make this hack an actual thing now. So I'm re-inserting the tileset into an earlier, non-corrupted file.

Old April 15th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Darkerm
Darkness is Not always Evil

Vrai Cave.....! Kinda strange name but the tiles are wonderfull.....XD. Also your map of Vrai cave is very very good{not sure you maped it or anyone alse but really good}. Hope I can play new beta soon and good luck.

"My Hack"

Banner By "YAS"
Old April 15th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:

See your VMs. ;)

~*!*~Updates~*!*~

Credits:
Kyledove - Tiles
mitchel1 - Inserting them. ;)
Vrai Cave looks fantastic, Harribo. :>

I wish that I could say I can write music but I can't~
Old April 15th, 2010, 09:00 PM
PapaLuLu27
I SPRITE THINGS AM I COOL NOW.

Nature: Docile
Seems like there's going to be a lot of Vrai in this game xD

I recently finished the second beta - loved it =D I was hooked on every second of it. Nalani was really easy for me though, somehow my team grew up to be anti-electric [Nidoking, Duglug, Breloom] and I can't wait for the next release!

Oh and after the Pteraerial Event my game experienced technical difficulties. I checked my Pokemon Menu to see it but then my game turned black while the music in the background when I pressed Start. The second time [since I had to do the event again on that point] I left instead of pressing anything and when I moved there was a glitchy strip of pixels in the background. The mini game was really fun nonetheless. It would be nice if you could make it more random though. When I went through it again because of the Start Menu problem I noticed everything was the same.

Keep up the good workkkk!~

-Pokémon Chicken! It will probably never come.-
So instead~ Enjoy this;
Pokémon Sienna - where the epic stuff lies.
♥ Hacks - I sprite everything myself ♥
Thing in my avatar is mine and only mine. You take I shoot. You.
Old April 15th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
The second screen of the cave looks glitched. Why did you use stairs on the ground?

Only now I realize how good the tiles actually look! :D
Good luck!
Old April 16th, 2010, 05:15 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
The caves called Vrai Cave? xD That's awesome! :D As for the cave itself, I can't find any flaws and I think from the two screenshots thta it looks good. :) I wonder what Pokemon will be in the cave? :S
Uh, four fakemon, some usual suspects and some Smeargle. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkerm View Post
Vrai Cave.....! Kinda strange name but the tiles are wonderfull.....XD. Also your map of Vrai cave is very very good{not sure you maped it or anyone alse but really good}. Hope I can play new beta soon and good luck.
Vrai = French for truth. :<

Thanks, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai View Post
Vrai Cave looks fantastic, Harribo. :>

I wish that I could say I can write music but I can't~
Thanks, Jakebear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaLuLu27 View Post
Seems like there's going to be a lot of Vrai in this game xD

I recently finished the second beta - loved it =D I was hooked on every second of it. Nalani was really easy for me though, somehow my team grew up to be anti-electric [Nidoking, Duglug, Breloom] and I can't wait for the next release!

Oh and after the Pteraerial Event my game experienced technical difficulties. I checked my Pokemon Menu to see it but then my game turned black while the music in the background when I pressed Start. The second time [since I had to do the event again on that point] I left instead of pressing anything and when I moved there was a glitchy strip of pixels in the background. The mini game was really fun nonetheless. It would be nice if you could make it more random though. When I went through it again because of the Start Menu problem I noticed everything was the same.

Keep up the good workkkk!~
Quote:

Pokémon Sienna, Beta 2 Official Release

• Some tiles glitch up inside the house after the RoA mini-game, this is currently unfixable. It doesn't mess with the game and is therefore unimportant. Just refresh the map and they'll be gone forever.
Thanks, though. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
The second screen of the cave looks glitched. Why did you use stairs on the ground?

Only now I realize how good the tiles actually look! :D
Good luck!
Haha, really... Don't ask. I do not know how that happened. Look below for how it was meant to look. :P.

paired with christos
Old April 16th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
I meant to comment before, the caves look great! Only 2 issues, and 1 is a personal thing, so I will put that under the "Ignore if you want" bit:

The girls head overlaps the bridg,e which is weird.. Probably due to the Background Byte for the bridge, right? If it wasn't intentional, you probably know how to fi xit anyway... But hey, I may as well say try making the bridge not have a Background Byte, and seeing if it still works, without her head overlapping the bridge.

And personal opinion (IGNORE if you want):

The Cave opening looks weird. True that the black gap of the original Pokemon ones weren't exactly realistic, but the new entrance looks weird. Probably due to:

A. The entrance doesn't have an outline
B. Unfamiliarity. (Probably not a word, but works)

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old April 18th, 2010, 02:07 PM
xJordan360
plurfection.

Nature: Sassy
I noticed a little glitch. It only happens sometimes, but in the first forest where you have a throwdown with Team Rocket, it occasiaonyll froze on me when I tried to exit the forest to the north.

Also, as for tradevolve pokemon, I was wondering how that would be implemented?

EDIT: another thing I noticed, and I realize you probably just haven't got to it yet, is that some of the NPC's still reference Kanto. For example in the 2nd gym's town, someone in the PokeCenter rode uphill from Fuschia.
Just a thought.

And I've noticed a lot of hacks have this in common, but the map is still of Kanto? I don't know how hard that is to change, but it'd help me find my way a lot more.

Hope that helps

EDIT 2: When fighting the Rocket Boss in Thames Town, I got his Skarmory into the red. At this point, he attempted to use a Max Revive. Naturally, it did nothing but waste a turn. Something you should look into fixing in a later version

On Steel Way there is a Bird Trainer with a Magikarp and Gyarados. Not sure if that was intentional or not, since Gyara is technically flying..

Two things i noticed in Rhine Village. Right at the entrance, one of the road tiles on the right is not able to be walked upon. And second, there is a sprite identical to the main male character who teaches beat up. Wasn't sure if you meant to re-use that.

Last edited by xJordan360; April 18th, 2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old April 19th, 2010, 08:00 AM
AimayBee
Mighty Spriter

Umm... Not sure if you did this but if you put movement permission 3C on the bridge and movement permission 0 at each edge of the bridge, you are able to walk over and under it, that should fix the girl who overlaps the bridge...

If you did do this, sorry, just wanting to help.

Umm... Not sure if you did this but if you put movement permission 3C on the bridge and movement permission 0 at each edge of the bridge, you are able to walk over and under it, that should fix the girl who overlaps the bridge...

If you did do this, sorry, just wanting to help.

Last edited by AimayBee; April 19th, 2010 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 19th, 2010, 08:48 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimayBee View Post

If you did do this, sorry, just wanting to help. :)

If you did do this, sorry, just wanting to help. :)
Why are you even saying this? This was mentioned a post or so above your own. Please, read the majority of the thread before commenting. Also, your solution is incorrect. It's all about the behaviour byte and the such. The movement permission just makes it walkable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJordan360 View Post
I noticed a little glitch. It only happens sometimes, but in the first forest where you have a throwdown with Team Rocket, it occasiaonyll froze on me when I tried to exit the forest to the north.

Also, as for tradevolve pokemon, I was wondering how that would be implemented?

EDIT: another thing I noticed, and I realize you probably just haven't got to it yet, is that some of the NPC's still reference Kanto. For example in the 2nd gym's town, someone in the PokeCenter rode uphill from Fuschia.
Just a thought.

And I've noticed a lot of hacks have this in common, but the map is still of Kanto? I don't know how hard that is to change, but it'd help me find my way a lot more.

Hope that helps ^_^

EDIT 2: When fighting the Rocket Boss in Thames Town, I got his Skarmory into the red. At this point, he attempted to use a Max Revive. Naturally, it did nothing but waste a turn. Something you should look into fixing in a later version ^_^

On Steel Way there is a Bird Trainer with a Magikarp and Gyarados. Not sure if that was intentional or not, since Gyara is technically flying..

Two things i noticed in Rhine Village. Right at the entrance, one of the road tiles on the right is not able to be walked upon. And second, there is a sprite identical to the main male character who teaches beat up. Wasn't sure if you meant to re-use that.
Nah, the forest works for me. :<

Trade evolve are level evolve and have been implemented.

Text editing isn't exactly my number one priority.

Yeah, that's not a problem. I know exactly how to edit the world map. The problem is making a world map.

Yeah haha, I didn't know whether that would work out. But I tried it anyway, unfortunately it didn't work and I left it in for comical purposes.

Yeah? They're technically flying types...

Yeah, I never changed the person OW. Not really a problem, though; the script works. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post
I meant to comment before, the caves look great! Only 2 issues, and 1 is a personal thing, so I will put that under the "Ignore if you want" bit:

The girls head overlaps the bridg,e which is weird.. Probably due to the Background Byte for the bridge, right? If it wasn't intentional, you probably know how to fi xit anyway... But hey, I may as well say try making the bridge not have a Background Byte, and seeing if it still works, without her head overlapping the bridge.

And personal opinion (IGNORE if you want):

The Cave opening looks weird. True that the black gap of the original Pokemon ones weren't exactly realistic, but the new entrance looks weird. Probably due to:

A. The entrance doesn't have an outline
B. Unfamiliarity. (Probably not a word, but works)
Yeah, I just never got around to fixing the behaviour byte. It's working now.

paired with christos
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here