The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 27th, 2010, 06:43 AM
HannahHacker
Elegant Elitist.

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Hey,
I'm really impressed with this ROM, it's got much higher standards and a way more gripping storyline than others' that I've played, which of course I won't name-I don't want to seem like I'm insulting anyone elses' games! But this one is great.
I got around the 'exit forest after defeating boss' glitch by walking back out the entrance of the forest, to the part where it stops raining, and then going back in and all the way out. It just worked then.
Also, I caught the Treeko and without giving away any MAJOR spoilers there are a few more starters to be found from a few other GEN's, too! Hope you don't mind me saying that!
A serious bug here is the 'ace trainer' you talk to after defeating the lady gym leader, the one who always has a different type of pokemon every day, and you have to get passwords to open the door in her gym. Sorry I can't remember her game! Anyway after defeating her, you go down the path that has a few bug catchers and ace trainers. The 'ace trainer' after the first trainer on the road wanting to battle comes up as a team rocket with two low-level sandshrew and sandslash. After beating him the screen goes bright purple and blue and freezes, and you have to restart from wherever you last saved. I've tried it a few times and it's always the same result, I just walked around him in the end.
Now I'm outside the cave which has a pokeball with a ghost type pokemon in it, is this the end of the beta because no walkthroughs have told me about a slyphscope and I've been unable to attack the ghost, so I haven't been able to get through the cave entrance. I've downloaded the latest version, btw.
Thanks!
Hannah x
Old May 28th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Resultz
All- round Poke-Whizz

the only thing that bugs me on an otherwise fantastic beta is the fact that the 3rd trainer on Colt path asks me to see his bugs, then shows me A GLOOM.
MANY POSITIONS AVAILABLE!

Old May 29th, 2010, 05:09 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahHacker View Post
Hey,
I'm really impressed with this ROM, it's got much higher standards and a way more gripping storyline than others' that I've played, which of course I won't name-I don't want to seem like I'm insulting anyone elses' games! But this one is great.
I got around the 'exit forest after defeating boss' glitch by walking back out the entrance of the forest, to the part where it stops raining, and then going back in and all the way out. It just worked then.
Also, I caught the Treeko and without giving away any MAJOR spoilers there are a few more starters to be found from a few other GEN's, too! Hope you don't mind me saying that!
A serious bug here is the 'ace trainer' you talk to after defeating the lady gym leader, the one who always has a different type of pokemon every day, and you have to get passwords to open the door in her gym. Sorry I can't remember her game! Anyway after defeating her, you go down the path that has a few bug catchers and ace trainers. The 'ace trainer' after the first trainer on the road wanting to battle comes up as a team rocket with two low-level sandshrew and sandslash. After beating him the screen goes bright purple and blue and freezes, and you have to restart from wherever you last saved. I've tried it a few times and it's always the same result, I just walked around him in the end.
Now I'm outside the cave which has a pokeball with a ghost type pokemon in it, is this the end of the beta because no walkthroughs have told me about a slyphscope and I've been unable to attack the ghost, so I haven't been able to get through the cave entrance. I've downloaded the latest version, btw.
Thanks!
Hannah x
Thanks, writing something up this long means a lot to me. Uh, well, I've already explained that Atalanta Plains was an addition to beta 2.22 and is, in fact, untested. But all that is now fixed. Uh, that's the end of the beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resultz View Post
the only thing that bugs me on an otherwise fantastic beta is the fact that the 3rd trainer on Colt path asks me to see his bugs, then shows me A GLOOM.
Thanks. Gloom is a bug now. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajman1996 View Post
Nice game, like everyone fire starter is the best nice job and when looking forward to Beta 3 coming out later this year please don't rush it.
Thanks. This year? Maybe. I definitely want to release something in time for Decemberish time, experienced hackers will know why. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Robo View Post
Actually there is nothing similar to Folain and Squirren except facial design.
Besides that they aren't even similar. The head design for a fakemon is a common one though I probably should have made a more original one but that was the best I could do at the time. Anyways so they are not similar, ok. Now just admire them and don't complain, m'kay? Thanks :D
Hi Max, you're not ugly for once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youji View Post
I'm taking that as a compliment for me =D
You should!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaoTie View Post
Just wondering, is the latest beta the 2.22 one?

I downloaded it and can't get in past the "Rocket Team" guy, or find a gym...

Other than that, it seems awesome, never played a hack game before, but this one looks cool :D
Yes, it is the latest public release. Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altariaking View Post
like i review a lot of hacks...

story/scripting
awshum. your scripting is perfecto.

graphics
fakemon = <3
tiles = <3

mapping
:0

rating
11/10
this is definetely one of my favourite hacks, i honestly nearly cried a couple weeks back because i saw this thread closed.
this hack is teh best hax eva!
Thanks, it means a lot. I take great pride in making Sienna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachurisu88 View Post
o ok thanx.... those fakemon are cute especially the fox
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben. View Post

No worries boi.
I lovin' the new fakemons.
and that logo is sweet bro.
Cheers, brah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantpickagoodname View Post
Impressive sprites, I wanted to see the final evos of the starters but I guess i'll just have to play the game

edit: Damn, my comp sucks and is too slow to play sienna... oh well....
Ah, well, they're being kept secret until you play the beta... Maybe we'll release them pre-beta, but they won't be released until the beta is quite close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanguy2000 View Post

[URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=202372&page=1][IMG]http://static.strategyinformer.com/r/u2/43843/00344532.png[/IMG][/URL]

Put the text above into your signature if you want to use this.
Hope you like the banner. I've just started playing the beta and i'm extremely impressed by what I have seen so far.

(This is what you should end up with if you put that text into your signature)
Spoiler:

Click the banner!
Thanks for the sentiments and everything, but I'm not one for making any banners like that official. There is one little userbar that is official for Sienna and is made by Ben. I'll be editing the first post with it when the new CSS design is finished. (I'll also update with new screens, credits, features, story, team, banners and any other stuff that is needed.)

Updates (kinda):

My signature reveals the hero/rival/heroine's signature pokémon. Granite is depicted with Moocano, Harry with Ponfant and Shian harbours Gramet. Also, here's some screens from beta 3. These may be updated come the end of today/tomorrow. Oh yeah, Voultan is sort of getting mountainous.

Also, here's a rescript of the lab events with coincide with the starters.

paired with christos

Last edited by hashtag; May 29th, 2010 at 05:14 AM.
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:33 AM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
cool update, i'm liking the new fakemon too!
hmm...which starter shall i pick?
i'll just have to play sienna 3 times :D
Old May 29th, 2010, 10:36 AM
LassLaura
No, I don't want a breakfast burrito

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by altariaking View Post
cool update, i'm liking the new fakemon too!
hmm...which starter shall i pick?
i'll just have to play sienna 3 times :D
Orrrrrrr if Manipulation left the trade centers in (I can't remember if she did or not and I don't have any of my emulation stuff on this pc), just download VBA Link, start 3 new games choosing a different starter each time, then use the trade center to trade the other 2 starters to your main file. That way you can have all 3
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LassLaura View Post
Orrrrrrr if Manipulation left the trade centers in (I can't remember if she he did or not and I don't have any of my emulation stuff on this pc), just download VBA Link, start 3 new games choosing a different starter each time, then use the trade center to trade the other 2 starters to your main file. That way you can have all 3
I think Manipulationis male.

Anyway, I'm loving the new starters. Not too keen on the grass one, but I'm loving the others. In order of ones I like the most: water, fire, grass. Also, the new screenshots look good, too. Odobble looks hilarious. xD Also, I'm loving the stalls.

Pokémon Aureolin

Old May 29th, 2010, 01:05 PM
The Cynic
♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥

Quote:
Orrrrrrr if Manipulation left the trade centers in (I can't remember if she did or not and I don't have any of my emulation stuff on this pc), just download VBA Link, start 3 new games choosing a different starter each time, then use the trade center to trade the other 2 starters to your main file. That way you can have all 3
That was my plan. :cer_smile: I don't know if he's left them in though.

I want an Odobble! I just hope it has an evolution...

BTW, Harry is a guy.

Old May 29th, 2010, 05:21 PM
LassLaura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
I think Manipulationis male.
I was going by his mini statistics thing that says he's a 15 year old girl from England... lol.

Btw, will the new starters automatically overwrite whatever starter we had originally chosen if we use our old save file with the new patch? I kinda don't wanna start over...
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:29 PM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
Quote:
I was going by his mini statistics thing that says he's a 15 year old girl from England... lol.

Btw, will the new starters automatically overwrite whatever starter we had originally chosen if we use our old save file with the new patch? I kinda don't wanna start over...
well say you picked moocano in the next beta, and cyndaquil in the current beta.
you would have a moocano with the name "Cyndaquil" and cyndaquils attacks.
Old May 30th, 2010, 12:59 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Actually, no, I have replaced the Johto Pokémon with Voultan's starters. So yes, if don't re-start in beta 3 (which I highly recommend you do given the amount of revised scripts and maps) then you will have your Johto starter replaced by its Voultan counterpart.

I'm not a girl, or a guy, I'm a Shinx, okay.

paired with christos
Old May 30th, 2010, 01:48 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post
Actually, no, I have replaced the Johto Pokémon with Voultan's starters. So yes, if don't re-start in beta 3 (which I highly recommend you do given the amount of revised scripts and maps) then you will have your Johto starter replaced by its Voultan counterpart.

I never knew Shinx's could rom hack. O_O
I'll miss Chikorita. ;_;
So, Chikorita won't be in the game at all? Oh well, the elephant looks adorable to me. :3

Pokémon Aureolin

Old May 30th, 2010, 02:15 AM
Darksun
triple rainbow, yo

Location: 22nd floor of the Carrot Tower in Setagaya, Tokyo, Japan
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Male or female Shinx?

The starters are awesomeness in a bowl.

Old May 30th, 2010, 09:17 AM
LassLaura

Quote:

Well thanks for clarifying. You know, I wonder if anyone has ever gotten stuck because the last place they saved and quit in an old beta was filled with trees or water in the new beta, so when they loaded their save file would appear in a tree or water? That would really suck :\

I'm pretty sure Shinx have genders... except in that one hack I played where Shinx had taken the spot of a genderless Pokemon (Magnemite maybe? Or Nidoran) so none of the wild Shinx had genders... what hack was that? I've played so many that I don't remember

PS: I love Shinx :D I always name mine Luna Luna after the white lion cub from Black Jack.
Old May 30th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Griin.
Trainer

I really like those new screenshots. Oh and is that a sign or what ? it looks like its from D/P. But still it fits really well. I love your mapping skills really. Keep up the good work. Can't wait for beta 3
Old May 30th, 2010, 10:08 AM
dragoniteuser
The dragon master

Nature: Jolly
Well it looks great, but I think that new hacks should have new 3D graphics (P/S/Pt HG/SS graphics). Still great job on this one...

Lance
the Dragon master

-Gifted with powers of the Viridian forest
-Telepathically communicates with Pokémon
-Heals their wounds
-Controls Dragon Pokémon
Old May 30th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Chibi Robo
of the entire epoch!

Nature: Jolly

Hey Chibi Robo here, co-owner of Sienna and do I have a treat for you.

http://www.romhacking-newsletter.com/

That, above, is the official website of Pokémon Sienna and Pokémon Ivory. On June 4th a Sneak peak will be revealed of both Sienna and Ivory. One thing that is confirmed in Sienna's sneak peak is silhouettes of final form of the starters and the actual sprites of the second forms. On June 7th, when the website launches, the final forms' sprites will be revealed. Now, you must be wondering: 'Where are the silhouettes of the second forms, then?' They're being revealed in this post. Now, you can probably guess which evolution is which, but yeah. It's something to look forward to, right? Now, bask in the glory of the evolutions:

So, feel free to speculate and the likes. Maybe even try and guess the secondary types of the final forms. Now, that is not the only purpose of this post. The other purpose of this post it to confirm Beta 3's release date... Yes, Beta 3 now has an official release date. Beta 3 will be seven gyms long and will include the 'legendary' battle that occurs before the eighth gym. The release date is a day of sentimental value for Manipulation and will be an emotional day for him.

...That day is: 7PM BST - Friday 13th August, 2010!
Old May 30th, 2010, 11:57 AM
The Cynic

One of them will have Fighting as its second type I reckon, and one will have Dark.

Look forward to the website.

Old May 30th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
I get the feeling that someone almost wrote that for you, Max... save the fact that "peak" is spelled "peek". :3

Anyway, I'm almost entirely sure that the one on the left is the Grass evolution, and the one in the middle is the Water evolution, and the one on the right is the Fire evolution. It's not too hard to see the traits that they share. XD

I wonder why that date is so special..?
Old May 31st, 2010, 08:35 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
I never knew Shinx's could rom hack. O_O
I'll miss Chikorita. ;_;
So, Chikorita won't be in the game at all? :( Oh well, the elephant looks adorable to me. :3
Shinx's can do ~anything~. Chikorita got executed because Gramet carried it up into a tree and then dropped it! Mean little beggars. ;; Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksun View Post
Male or female Shinx? :badsmile:

The starters are awesomeness in a bowl. :cool:
I'm a Shinxy Shinx.

Thanks.

Quote:
Well thanks for clarifying. You know, I wonder if anyone has ever gotten stuck because the last place they saved and quit in an old beta was filled with trees or water in the new beta, so when they loaded their save file would appear in a tree or water? That would really suck :\

I'm pretty sure Shinx have genders... except in that one hack I played where Shinx had taken the spot of a genderless Pokemon (Magnemite maybe? Or Nidoran) so none of the wild Shinx had genders... what hack was that? I've played so many that I don't remember :paranoid:

PS: I love Shinx :D I always name mine Luna Luna after the white lion cub from Black Jack.
That would suck, but, that's why I recommend re-starting with a new save file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griin. View Post
I really like those new screenshots. Oh and is that a sign or what ? it looks like its from D/P. But still it fits really well. I love your mapping skills really. Keep up the good work. Can't wait for beta 3
It's a pointer sign made by Kyledove that I re-coloured and adjusted. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoniteuser View Post
Well it looks great, but I think that new hacks should have new 3D graphics (P/S/Pt HG/SS graphics). Still great job on this one...
No, go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cynic View Post
One of them will have Fighting as its second type I reckon, and one will have Dark.

Look forward to the website.
Maybe. Scroll here for answers (Beware, spoilers). Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai View Post
I get the feeling that someone almost wrote that for you, Max... save the fact that "peak" is spelled "peek". :3

Anyway, I'm almost entirely sure that the one on the left is the Grass evolution, and the one in the middle is the Water evolution, and the one on the right is the Fire evolution. It's not too hard to see the traits that they share. XD

I wonder why that date is so special..?
Max wrote it all himself omg. ENGLAND IS AWESOME. A beautiful day, aint it.

~*!*~Updates~*!*~

Okay, so, got three videos for y'all. Two are music videos, and one is a re-script of Max's first event. Read the descriptions before commenting, please!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wok_wCqp_RI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl1tjzvvUNA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgOVT37zqfI

paired with christos
Old May 31st, 2010, 08:35 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
I'm hoping for the Grass starter's evolution to be a Grass/Fighting type.
I'd like to see the sprites

EDIT: Seems like Manipulation posted the same minute I did :D
The new music is well inserted and Max's Wooper looks good. Haha
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:09 AM
The Cynic

I think I may have this figured out...

Gromet ultimately becomes Grass/Fighting

Moocano ultimately becomes either Fire/Steel or Fire/Rock (I think the former is more likely).

Pontephant becomes ultimately pure Water or, and this is a bit of a limb but I reckon so, Water/Electric.

After seeing those videos I have come to 2 conclusions:

• Prof.Marsh is not actually a qualified scientist but a hobo who put on a labcoat and walked in off the street and started handing out Pokemon. In my head, and this will only be understood by British folk, he is like Sir Digby Chicken Caeser from That Mitchel and Webb Look.
  • I wil do anything, literally anything, to stop Max from "taking advantage" of me.

Last edited by The Cynic; May 31st, 2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old May 31st, 2010, 03:48 PM
tjwilliams24
Gone.

Manipulation, this hack is just pure awesomeness. The fakemon are so well done, I can't wait for Moocano! I have a great feeling his final evolution will be a monster. I'm going to have to learn how to trade so I can get all three of those great looking starters. Also, the story is really good, and so aren't the scripts. The final version of this hack is going to be epic!
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, olny taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pcleas. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by ilstef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Old June 1st, 2010, 08:28 AM
DMAC
Pokemon Master

All I can say is I WANT ALL 3!!! Is it possible that since they replaced the johto starters, that if you use action replay for the johto starters that you could get all the starters? Just wondering. Btw I'm thinking grass/fighting, fire/steel, and maybe water/psychic?

Anyway love the updates!!!

Old June 1st, 2010, 10:10 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAC View Post
All I can say is I WANT ALL 3!!! Is it possible that since they replaced the johto starters, that if you use action replay for the johto starters that you could get all the starters? Just wondering. Btw I'm thinking grass/fighting, fire/steel, and maybe water/psychic?

Anyway love the updates!!!
That'd work, yes.
Anyway, I'm also guessing Grass/Fighting. Water/...Ground? It's an elephant, so I'm guessing a pretty hefty earthquake'd be a specialty (despite the yellow suggesting electric- but that's just... No). For the Fire, I would have said Fire/Ground, but since I'm going with Water/Ground, Fire/Steel seems a bit more likely, to me.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old June 1st, 2010, 07:33 PM
RedBaron474
I don't even know

Quote:
Originally Posted by giradialkia View Post

That'd work, yes.
Anyway, I'm also guessing Grass/Fighting. Water/...Ground? It's an elephant, so I'm guessing a pretty hefty earthquake'd be a specialty (despite the yellow suggesting electric- but that's just... No). For the Fire, I would have said Fire/Ground, but since I'm going with Water/Ground, Fire/Steel seems a bit more likely, to me.
Haha, I've even seen the second evolutionary sprites and it's kinda hard for me to tell. :>

My Pokemon HeartGold Team
[Game Begun March 19, 2011]
[Bayleef Lv. 24] [Noctowl Lv. 23]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Check me out on deviantART!!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here