The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 2nd, 2011 (07:37 PM).
leews24
ha

Nature: Jolly
neither the aps nor the ips are working,
it just says it cant open the file or fails to patch

help?
Old August 4th, 2011 (09:57 PM).
Dictionary
Beginning Trainer

Just started playing it about half an hour ago, here's my initial thoughts. The fact that these are incredibly minor quibbles indicates what good quality this is. The intro to Colt Path with the flunkies doesn't shake for me when it probably should be shaking - it jumps back and forth about half a screen diagonally every few seconds. Wild fortraceans should probably start out with an offensive move, especially when they can be encountered before their preevolution. They don't seem to be an intermediate form like a metapod, so a growl-only moveset is a bit inappropriate. I'm a little unsure about the game-balance implications of getting razor leaf at level 6. I suppose it *is* the bread and butter grass attack, but still feels a little weird. EDIT: What the heck? I can't create newlines on this forum? That's bizarre.
Old August 8th, 2011 (08:46 AM).
Tyranee
Can't read my Poke'-face!

Nature: Quirky
Looking for the reaper cloth because I believe Necromans evolves while holding it, where's it at if it does? (lol sorry for so many questions, I just always like to know this stuff to form my party ahead of time)

Voice Acted Apollo Justice LP:
Old August 8th, 2011 (03:04 PM).
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Nope, it's just via level. I'm not too sure but between 36-42 iirc.
Old August 9th, 2011 (02:58 PM).
swoopism
Beginning Trainer

I love this hack. I downloaded it a while back and I just stored it for a while but I decided to play it recently and it's fantastic! I was wondering if there is a complete version available or if it's still in beta?

Progress: 5/8 Badges
Old August 9th, 2011 (03:04 PM).
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoopism View Post
I love this hack. I downloaded it a while back and I just stored it for a while but I decided to play it recently and it's fantastic! I was wondering if there is a complete version available or if it's still in beta?
Sienna is still in beta. There is no finished version yet.
Old August 10th, 2011 (06:41 AM).
swoopism
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai View Post

Sienna is still in beta. There is no finished version yet.
How far off would you say we are from the next beta?

Progress: 5/8 Badges
Old August 10th, 2011 (12:52 PM).
AimayBee
Mighty Spriter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoopism View Post
How far off would you say we are from the next beta?
Manipulation will release it when Manipulation wantses to.

Been a while since I posted here. lol

Well, I was looking though old hacks on my old laptop and I found Sienna. Decided to give it a whirl and noticed (not trying to be mean here) that the female OW is badly sprited and doesn't match her in battle bandana sprite.

just wondering if she is going to be fixed. And if it's not top of the list at the moment could I have a go at making her look better? I'd only need the up, down and left looking OW's to do it.

Thanks and if not hope she gets fixed soon, if you want proof I'm any good just ask. xx

I've had a few requests to make this hack an actual thing now. So I'm re-inserting the tileset into an earlier, non-corrupted file.

Let me know if you want the beta 0.5.
Old August 11th, 2011 (07:59 PM).
kyo_the_kitsune
Lord of the Fish

Nature: Adamant
Hey, this hack looks great!

I have a problem, whenever I try to patch the IPS file, LIPS gives me a message that says 'File couldn't be read!'. This also happens with A-Ptch. What should I do?
Old August 12th, 2011 (12:42 PM).
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimayBee View Post
Manipulation will release it when Manipulation wantses to. :P

Been a while since I posted here. lol

Well, I was looking though old hacks on my old laptop and I found Sienna. Decided to give it a whirl and noticed (not trying to be mean here) that the female OW is badly sprited and doesn't match her in battle bandana sprite.

just wondering if she is going to be fixed. And if it's not top of the list at the moment could I have a go at making her look better? I'd only need the up, down and left looking OW's to do it. :)

Thanks and if not hope she gets fixed soon, if you want proof I'm any good just ask. xx
Feel free to rip her from the game via Screenshots or VBA and whip me a Private Message if you do.
Old August 12th, 2011 (05:16 PM).
lynndaquil
Octopus in training

Nature: Calm
amazing hack < 3
thing is, I was in this village, i think it was described as the dead-end town of the region. i tried to fly somewhere, but all i got was a blue screen with the sprite's head/icon, and the cursor scrolling left to right uncontrollably until i had to load and old savestate.
also, when the screen goes down to show the rockets in a few screens, it shakes left to right for a bit too.
Old August 13th, 2011 (06:05 AM).
XxMoe666xX
Beginning Trainer

Well is it possible to play this hack somehow on the psp? Because I cant get it to work on mine....
Old August 16th, 2011 (08:06 AM).
Sabotage
fly free with me

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMoe666xX View Post
Well is it possible to play this hack somehow on the psp? Because I cant get it to work on mine....
GBA ROMs are designed to be playable on a Game Boy Advance/Nintendo DS and/or a computer with a working emulator. There is no way to play a GBA ROM on a PSP, as far as I know. And, in this case, Harry has clearly stated that Sienna is only meant to be played on a computer.
Old August 16th, 2011 (01:31 PM).
mcmhajjar
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by Sabotage View Post
GBA ROMs are designed to be playable on a Game Boy Advance/Nintendo DS and/or a computer with a working emulator. There is no way to play a GBA ROM on a PSP, as far as I know. And, in this case, Harry has clearly stated that Sienna is only meant to be played on a computer.
''facepalm'' >.>

GPSP google it
Old August 17th, 2011 (10:25 AM). Edited August 17th, 2011 by tvfreak1994.
tvfreak1994
Beginning Trainer

I have downloaded this only now but it doesn't seem to work on my Emulators that I have...
I have NO$GBA and VisualBoyAdvance-1.8.0-beta3... Are these the wrong ones? Do I need another?

I have downloaded this but it won't work on my Emulators... I have VisualBoyAdvance-1.8.0-beta3 and NO$GBA... But... It just won't work... Am I needing another Emulator?
Old August 19th, 2011 (12:36 PM).
PikaPeet
Beginning Trainer

how to open ips files ? wich programm do i need ?
Old August 19th, 2011 (04:39 PM).
Lucario14
PKMN Trainer Silver

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaPeet View Post
how to open ips files ? wich programm do i need ?
you need Lunar Ips and 1 pokemon fire red rom
Old August 22nd, 2011 (05:56 AM).
Rakki-neko
Zakki Orichalcum

Nature: Impish
Question to Manipulation: (I ask this to ever rom hack that I want to show on youtube) Do you mind a Playthrough (or 2) on youtube? Second question if the first is "no, I don't mind" or some variation of it: Would you want me to post the link to it here? Simple yes or no questions.
Old August 23rd, 2011 (03:32 PM).
TheMostInterestingMan
Beginning Trainer

dude, I wanted to say that this is quite possibly the best hack I've ever played, only contested with Ruby Destiny. Except I rage quit late in the game because of the bugs, namely the Byan City freezing and the fact that if you use fly a lot the game will freeze is you use it later. Mostly it was the fly glitch but can you please address that. It's a huge problem and I know I am not the only person that feels this way.
Old August 25th, 2011 (11:41 AM).
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Thread closed at owner's request.
I'm not even bothering with the next part, everyone already knows. :D

Closed~

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old November 13th, 2011 (09:27 AM).
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Thread reopened at the request of the owner.
~Opened

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old November 13th, 2011 (09:30 AM).
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
F YEAH.
Good luck with this Harold :)

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old November 13th, 2011 (09:52 AM).
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
This time I'm not late on anything xD
I'm glad to seeing this be continued, this game is just plain amazing xD

Poketch

Old November 13th, 2011 (09:55 AM).
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

I'm not going to get everyone's hopes up... but the entire of Voultan may or may not be finished :). I've had the Orange Islands in place as a after-league adventure as a request from the Pokémon Academy you get into for around two years and I started some maps on it a while ago and I need some advice on whether you guys would actually be interested in the Orange Islands or not.

What's going to happen is I'll watch an anime episode or something and then re-map the islands and routes based on my thoughts on them. Here's an example of Sunburst Island that involves the Crystal Onix side-quest:

Now, I'd like to thank DrFuji for all the work he's put in on mapping for this hack. His work has been outstanding but I'd now like to relieve him of any more duties. I'll be mapping the entire Orange Islands because they're all coming from my childhood love of the Orange Islands...

That shall be all.
Old November 13th, 2011 (10:01 AM).
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I'd love to see the Orange Islands, especially since it was my favourite series of the anime, even though I haven't seen it in forever. Btw nice map :)

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links