The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 13th, 2012, 02:09 PM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Yeah it was April Fools and it was cruel, but I bear even worse news. I uploaded the final version of Sienna to megaupload to keep it there for archival purposes for when I wanted to release it (yes, I finished the hack ages ago) and now I obviously cannot access the file from megaupload any more. The problem with this is that I hard deleted everything Sienna related from my computer and now longer have any copies of the hack on my hard drive so the latest Sienna version I currently have access to is the latest public release. I gave the final release link to a few friends outside PC so I may be able to retrieve the file from them, if not I dread to think...
Old April 13th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Anuhrima
Darkness and Rebirth

Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post
Yeah it was April Fools and it was cruel, but I bear even worse news. I uploaded the final version of Sienna to megaupload to keep it there for archival purposes for when I wanted to release it (yes, I finished the hack ages ago) and now I obviously cannot access the file from megaupload any more. The problem with this is that I hard deleted everything Sienna related from my computer and now longer have any copies of the hack on my hard drive so the latest Sienna version I currently have access to is the latest public release. I gave the final release link to a few friends outside PC so I may be able to retrieve the file from them, if not I dread to think...
Well lets hope someone has it, or I fear that this is terrible news.

Unless this is another joke and you are a cruel person.

Old April 13th, 2012, 03:00 PM
atie

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
That is really bad, Please say youre joking again? If you aren't It's quite sad, first making so many people happy by saying it will come out soon then joking around and anounce that there is a chance it'll never come out. In 2011 it deserved my vote for HOTY and it's almost a shame that I can't play the rest of it.

Why does all the good hack stop, Please don't tell me that your only purpose was to get the HOTY award and then leave it alone cause that is just sad

I hope you just made a other cruel joke to entertain yourself or something cuz Sienna was really one of the top games of all times.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gliscor is boss. Period.
Old April 14th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Zetsubou Johnny

Nature: Bold
Quote:

While you may not care you should know how much this is going to hurt your credibility. While yes, your fan's may stick around for the completed version you do know you have lost our trust. A week spent passionately following and waiting for something that was promised to us only to discover it was a lie. and whats more you even mentioned avoiding the confusion of it being an April fools joke. We're your fans we authentically follow your every word and cling on to your creations, why would you do that?
Old April 14th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Mintz
Beginning Trainer

Also, you had the completed hack. That's the total kick in the face.
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Oh for...

Manipulation, so sorry to hear you lost the final version, but people, please. It's not the end of the world. True it was a majorly good hack, but still, if it's lost, it's lost. No use crying over spilt milk. Anyway, if the worst thing does happen, at least there is a playable version, right?

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old April 15th, 2012, 09:16 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
I uploaded the final version of Sienna to megaupload to keep it there for archival purposes for when I wanted to release it (yes, I finished the hack ages ago) and now I obviously cannot access the file from megaupload any more. The problem with this is that I hard deleted everything Sienna related from my computer and now longer have any copies of the hack on my hard drive so the latest Sienna version I currently have access to is the latest public release.
Not like I even care (well maybe a little as I've actually played this hack way back then) but you serious with this ??
Uploading rom files in Internet is illegal so even if Megaupload hadn't gone down, the admins might had removed your file anyway.
Besides, what's so bad about keeping one or two different releases of a single 16MB hack in your pc ?

But you ain't person who wouldn't have known this already...

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old April 15th, 2012, 11:56 AM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

well the April fools joke got my hopes up.

@ miksy91 Manipulation never said anything about a rom, just the finished thing. (the IPS file could infact be a completed thing could have been uploaded to megaupload)

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
Old April 15th, 2012, 02:32 PM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

I have located a semi-finished version of the hack hidden in a folder with my AS Media Studies stuff (god knows why). It's finished in the sense that all the Elite Four stuff is finished and done but it doesn't have any of the post-game events or the decision split storyline over the legendaries. I'm not going to lie, I have the most important period of my life coming up so I'm not even going to touch the hack for a while so it may take quite a long time for me to recoup the data and release the hack.
Old April 15th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Anuhrima
Darkness and Rebirth

I have located a semi-finished version of the hack hidden in a folder with my AS Media Studies stuff (god knows why). It's finished in the sense that all the Elite Four stuff is finished and done but it doesn't have any of the post-game events or the decision split storyline over the legendaries. I'm not going to lie, I have the most important period of my life coming up so I'm not even going to touch the hack for a while so it may take quite a long time for me to recoup the data and release the hack.
Would it be bad to release what you have as "Beta 4". To keep us at ease until you get around to finishing the hack.

Old April 16th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuhrima View Post
Would it be bad to release what you have as "Beta 4". To keep us at ease until you get around to finishing the hack.
Yeah, I agree with the above. It'd be great to even play what you have recovered, and honestly I can't wait to play Sienna again. XD Okay, I can, but it'd be a good compromise in my opinion. Obviously it's up to you though.

Check out the new thread soon!

Old April 16th, 2012, 12:25 PM
blackmage856

Quote:
Sadly as Beyonce says ' what goes around comes back around' its karma for you

Old April 16th, 2012, 12:57 PM
atie

What does it makes sence for only 1 gym and then the Pokemon league, and then maybe wait again for months, Now that I know this I'll just wait for the Final version release and enjoy the whole thing because when the final version is out you will play it again and it will bore you off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gliscor is boss. Period.
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Guys, shut up.
He's trying his hardest to get this finished again and released, despite being at an important phase of his life and you're all just yelling at him for an April Fools joke. I mean seriously cut him some slack :\

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:47 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
lol, calm down everyone. It was an April fools joke, you should be sceptical of anything posted on April fools. Yeah, the complete file is gone but you won't get it back by yelling at him. So is the legendary split storyline event supposed to be post-game?
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:14 PM
PokeHacker1337
Beginning Trainer

I think someone screwed with your ROM the trees are blocking of the road
Old April 16th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Father Time
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
lol, calm down everyone. It was an April fools joke, you should be sceptical of anything posted on April fools. Yeah, the complete file is gone but you won't get it back by yelling at him. So is the legendary split storyline event supposed to be post-game?
Well, first post, and it goes to you sir. I've been monitoring this thread for sometime, and honestly had no reason to post until now. It is greatly disappointing he did indeed lie to us, but how do you know his story is even viable? Sure, he has lied to us before, and now he is saying he has the full game completed, excluding the post-game and split-legendary storyline, yet he hasn't released it, nor has he gotten back to us. It makes me wonder, does he really even have that? Now I am not calling him a liar because I feel like it, or because I am butthurt, to be honest, hes worked really hard on this hack overall, regardless of his actions this April, so it's okay, but I am basing it off of what hes done in the past, and quite frankly, I don't know if hes being honest here or not.
Old April 16th, 2012, 10:57 PM
chrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Time View Post
Well, first post, and it goes to you sir. I've been monitoring this thread for sometime, and honestly had no reason to post until now. It is greatly disappointing he did indeed lie to us, but how do you know his story is even viable? Sure, he has lied to us before, and now he is saying he has the full game completed, excluding the post-game and split-legendary storyline, yet he hasn't released it, nor has he gotten back to us. It makes me wonder, does he really even have that? Now I am not calling him a liar because I feel like it, or because I am butthurt, to be honest, hes worked really hard on this hack overall, regardless of his actions this April, so it's okay, but I am basing it off of what hes done in the past, and quite frankly, I don't know if hes being honest here or not.
I'm assuming he's done because the last beta which had 7 GYMs in it was released October 2010, and he lied because it was a joke, on april fools. He hasn't gotten back to us because his last activity was when he posted.
Old April 17th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Father Time
Beginning Trainer

While I do believe those are valid points, yes. He also claimed the hack was finished, and that if we wanted the semi-final version done, we could PM him. He didn't lie to us there, he has had the semi-final version for a while, now another thing was, he asked us to PM him. He seemed really quite sure, and an April Fools joke my friend, is only acceptable on April Fools. Saying "If you PM me I can give you the semi-final version, or wait until Wednesday" seems a bit... sure. Maybe I am a sucker, but he even disappeared and couldn't even log on the day after to tell us? I don't know I just find this story... a bit out there.

Edit: Also, it only takes several small minutes of your day to upload something, he could have uploaded it and then posted he had found the near-finished version. Another thing I wonder.
Old April 17th, 2012, 12:33 AM
chrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Time View Post
While I do believe those are valid points, yes. He also claimed the hack was finished, and that if we wanted the semi-final version done, we could PM him. He didn't lie to us there, he has had the semi-final version for a while, now another thing was, he asked us to PM him. He seemed really quite sure, and an April Fools joke my friend, is only acceptable on April Fools. Saying "If you PM me I can give you the semi-final version, or wait until Wednesday" seems a bit... sure. Maybe I am a sucker, but he even disappeared and couldn't even log on the day after to tell us? I don't know I just find this story... a bit out there.

Edit: Also, it only takes several small minutes of your day to upload something, he could have uploaded it and then posted he had found the near-finished version. Another thing I wonder.
If he sounded unsure, no-one would believe the april fools joke. People have lives, you know, sometimes you can't log on just to say "april fools!" if you're busy or something else unexpected has happened. He has no obligation to give us the hack, he could have just disappeared and not told us anything at all.
Old April 17th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Father Time
Beginning Trainer

I understand you've been loyal to him and his work on this hack, and I completely understand, but I am also a busy person, but if I were to fool you guys, on this magnitude, I'd definitely want to tell you immediately, as because I'd be able to appreciate the following and respect you guys had given me, even if it was an April Fools. I'd even give you something as compensation, because you guys deserve it for respecting me and appreciating the game I've made. Of course that's not how everyone would feel, but still, it's a valid point if you think about it.
Old April 17th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Zetsubou Johnny

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
If he sounded unsure, no-one would believe the april fools joke. People have lives, you know, sometimes you can't log on just to say "april fools!" if you're busy or something else unexpected has happened. He has no obligation to give us the hack, he could have just disappeared and not told us anything at all.
He logged on several times after said release date but waited a week to tell us that it was an April fool's joke. He stated in the comments section that he was to release it on Wednesday as to avoid any April's fools confusion. The's a point where it stops being April's fools and it's just lying to us.
Old April 17th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
People, you do know that instead of argueing about Manipulation lying to us or it's just a prank, you could just play another game before the final (or semi-final, I really don't know and don't care to be honest, I just want to play but not going to argue over it's release xD) version comes out.

To make this seem less spammy Manipulation, I can't wait for the final (semi-final) to come out, and hopefully you will be fully able to finish it again after your important time period is over.

Poketch

Old April 17th, 2012, 02:03 PM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

lol people get so mad over the internet
Old April 17th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Winter Wonderland
Puts the fun in dysfunctional

I don't suppose anyone's ever thought that Manipulation told you guys to wait for Wednesday, after April Fools, so it sounds a bit more believable, eh? I don't suppose people think that him losing the file is the possibility of yet another prank, eh? I don't know, the way I see it, if I had a bunch of people following me, and I got the slightest tinge of boredom and wanted to mess with them for a prank on a day meant for pranks, I would go all out. But, I don't suppose you guys see it that way, eh? I don't suppose you guys are using Manipulation to extract a game from his mind, are you? I don't suppose that you guys, instead of just taking the joke, are being butthurt and otherwise whiney because of this, are you? Well, I don't suppose. Then again, I don't know.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Robert Frost, Fire and Ice.

Play Me Casually | Project Leola

Closed Thread