The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 9th, 2012, 09:33 AM
timebroken
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
Hey everyone. I'm making this post for a few reasons.

To start off, I just want to say that this is an amazing hack, and I thank the team that has dedicated so much of their time to this project.

I'd also like to offer my assistance with this project. I've got various ways I can contribute to this project if wanted.

Some of my skill sets include:

Graphic design. I'm also a graphic designer. I've been working in the field for two years now.

Mapping skill. I'm decent at mapping. I know how to map well, and I follow the original Pokemon theme when mapping.

Slight programming knowledge. I have a basic grasp of Java and HTML.

If you can use my help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask me. If you have any other questions, please contact me at [email protected].

Thanks so much,
Time.
Old June 10th, 2012, 12:15 AM
ProSynchro
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
this looks cool but i dont know if i want to play and do a walkthrough on this...
Old June 10th, 2012, 03:18 AM
lightfurret

Easily best hack I ever played. The fakemon did everything for me. That's what I really seek in a hack - the fakemons. Because we have enough of the regular pokemon in the original games. We already know all their secrets, attacks, likes against dislikes. The whole idea of a new game is to explore - to find new pokemon, know their weakness and resistance.

And this game's fakemon are the best I'v seen. Both cool and original, not crappy looking but still look like something that could be a pokemon and not a random mythological creature. I especially liked Allgalion (didn't succeed to get it. Kelpony didn't evolve in lvl 45), Stroenete, Bouldotem (even though it sucked) and Squirren (again, even though it sucked and didn't learn anything useful till the end of the Beta. Still, it's important that they will be pokemon like that too). Also, Talush is cute in a derpy way, and it's a good thing that Fortracean is bug/poison and not steel/bug. Better without spamming the steel type everywhere.

So I ran across some things I think that need to be fixed. Most of them you must be already aware of:

- The fly glitch: When you choose to fly, the game sends you to a blue screen and stuck like that.

- The Lavender town theme: It was in several places in the game, without any reasonable reason.

- The surf quest: You need to message the player when he try to talk to the Tourus, if he got six pokemon, that he doesn't have space left to take the Tourus with him. I thought it was a glitch and didn't stop to finish the quest.

- Bike voucher didn't work for me.

- The quests and plot: It was fun till the middle of the game. Then, at some point, I was going from city to another really fast without almost anything to do in the way. But I guess that's because it's only a beta. Also, make some twists. I know some of the original pokemon games don't have any, but if you can make it a perfect game then why not? Divert team rocket like you started to do and make the player choose a fraction within them, involve the police or the Gym leaders, add NPCs and important characters so the world won't look so empty, reveal the protagonist's girlfriend that comeback for him while pregnant and tell him that he is the father of their child (wait, what?)
You got the point.

- Also, from the same reason, from the middle of the game the dialogs gets crappy and some of the buildings/characters are a complete replica from fire-red. But again, I guess you won't leave it that way.

- Most importantly: ADD MORE FAKEMONS!!! They are awesome! The whole game should turn around this fakemons and there should be at least one new fakemon in every route or two. I didn't manage to catch them all. I don't know if you can do it in this game, but still, there are too few of them.

- Thank you! This didn't feel like playing a hack but like playing a whole new game. The spiriting, both the pokemon, the fakemon and the characters are in a pro level.

Last edited by lightfurret; June 10th, 2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old June 10th, 2012, 03:48 PM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timebroken View Post
Hey everyone. I'm making this post for a few reasons.

To start off, I just want to say that this is an amazing hack, and I thank the team that has dedicated so much of their time to this project.

I'd also like to offer my assistance with this project. I've got various ways I can contribute to this project if wanted.

Some of my skill sets include:

Graphic design. I'm also a graphic designer. I've been working in the field for two years now.

Mapping skill. I'm decent at mapping. I know how to map well, and I follow the original Pokemon theme when mapping.

Slight programming knowledge. I have a basic grasp of Java and HTML.

If you can use my help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask me. If you have any other questions, please contact me at [email protected].

Thanks so much,
Time.
That's great, I'd love for some help on the graphic side, feel free to send me a PM with some of your work. Glad you enjoyed the game :).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProSynchro View Post
this looks cool but i dont know if i want to play and do a walkthrough on this...
If you like a hack with an original game feel but with a new region, new pokémon and great gameplay you should play it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfurret View Post
Easily best hack I ever played. The fakemon did everything for me. That's what I really seek in a hack - the fakemons. Because we have enough of the regular pokemon in the original games. We already know all their secrets, attacks, likes against dislikes. The whole idea of a new game is to explore - to find new pokemon, know their weakness and resistance.

And this game's fakemon are the best I'v seen. Both cool and original, not crappy looking but still look like something that could be a pokemon and not a random mythological creature. I especially liked Allgalion (didn't succeed to get it. Kelpony didn't evolve in lvl 45), Stroenete, Bouldotem (even though it sucked) and Squirren (again, even though it sucked and didn't learn anything useful till the end of the Beta. Still, it's important that they will be pokemon like that too). Also, Talush is cute in a derpy way, and it's a good thing that Fortracean is bug/poison and not steel/bug. Better without spamming the steel type everywhere.

So I ran across some things I think that need to be fixed. Most of them you must be already aware of:

- The fly glitch: When you choose to fly, the game sends you to a blue screen and stuck like that.

- The Lavender town theme: It was in several places in the game, without any reasonable reason.

- The surf quest: You need to message the player when he try to talk to the Tourus, if he got six pokemon, that he doesn't have space left to take the Tourus with him. I thought it was a glitch and didn't stop to finish the quest.

- Bike voucher didn't work for me.

- The quests and plot: It was fun till the middle of the game. Then, at some point, I was going from city to another really fast without almost anything to do in the way. But I guess that's because it's only a beta. Also, make some twists. I know some of the original pokemon games don't have any, but if you can make it a perfect game then why not? Divert team rocket like you started to do and make the player choose a fraction within them, involve the police or the Gym leaders, add NPCs and important characters so the world won't look so empty, reveal the protagonist's girlfriend that comeback for him while pregnant and tell him that he is the father of their child (wait, what?)
You got the point.

- Also, from the same reason, from the middle of the game the dialogs gets crappy and some of the buildings/characters are a complete replica from fire-red. But again, I guess you won't leave it that way.

- Most importantly: ADD MORE FAKEMONS!!! They are awesome! The whole game should turn around this fakemons and there should be at least one new fakemon in every route or two. I didn't manage to catch them all. I don't know if you can do it in this game, but still, there are too few of them.

- Thank you! This didn't feel like playing a hack but like playing a whole new game. The spiriting, both the pokemon, the fakemon and the characters are in a pro level. :)
Thanks for the kind words and bug report (I may know of them all but it still helps :)) We sure will be adding fakemon, Beta 4 will almost all be fakemon without barely any original Pokémon ;).

Well guys, here's a little something we've been working on and I've wanted to do for a while. Basically hacked the poison routine to be the same as Gen IV where your Pokémon recover from poison outside of battle at 1HP, unlike in Gen III where they faint in the overworld.

Credit to Jambo51 for pointing me in the right direction and Darthatron for the help :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTZU0gl9cKo

paired with christos
Old June 11th, 2012, 08:37 AM
khicon0109
Unhatched Egg

I am unable to enter game. who none but help me way enter game. At present whiteboard then is stood..
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:28 PM
timebroken
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post
[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]That's great, I'd love for some help on the graphic side, feel free to send me a PM with some of your work. Glad you enjoyed the game .
I PM'd you some of my work. They're older pieces so my work now has improved.

Also, do you have a date set on the release of the Beta v4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khicon0109 View Post
I am unable to enter game. who none but help me way enter game. At present whiteboard then is stood..
I'm not sure of your issue, as your grammar is lacking, but I'll try to help you in the best way I can.

You need an emulator, a Pokemon Fire Red ROM, a patcher, and the .ISP file for this hack.

Because I lack 15 posts, I'm not allowed to link to anything in my posts, but everything I mention can be found with a quick Google search.

A good emulator that I use is VisualBoyAdvanced. Also know as VBA.
You'll also need a Pokemon Fire Red ROM for this.
Also, you'll need to download the hack's .zip file. You can find the link to this on the first page.
And last but not least, you'll need Lunar IPS.

How to install Pokemon Sienna:

1) After you have downloaded all the essientials, you need to unzip everything using a program such as WinRAR or 7zip.
2) After everything is unzipped, open up the Lunar IPS program.
3) Lunar IPS has an incredibly simple interface, so it shouldn't be that hard to use. But, I'll tell you how, just in case.
4) After Lunar IPS is open, click "Apply IPS Patch".
5) Select Sienna's IPS file, then click Open.
6) Then select your Pokemon Fire Red ROM and click open. After that, your patch will be applied.
7) Finally, open the newly patched Pokemon Fire Red ROM with VBA.
Old June 11th, 2012, 08:50 PM
khicon0109
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
I PM'd you some of my work. They're older pieces so my work now has improved.

Also, do you have a date set on the release of the Beta v4?

I'm not sure of your issue, as your grammar is lacking, but I'll try to help you in the best way I can.

You need an emulator, a Pokemon Fire Red ROM, a patcher, and the .ISP file for this hack.

Because I lack 15 posts, I'm not allowed to link to anything in my posts, but everything I mention can be found with a quick Google search.

A good emulator that I use is VisualBoyAdvanced. Also know as VBA.
You'll also need a Pokemon Fire Red ROM for this.
Also, you'll need to download the hack's .zip file. You can find the link to this on the first page.
And last but not least, you'll need Lunar IPS.

How to install Pokemon Sienna:

1) After you have downloaded all the essientials, you need to unzip everything using a program such as WinRAR or 7zip.
2) After everything is unzipped, open up the Lunar IPS program.
3) Lunar IPS has an incredibly simple interface, so it shouldn't be that hard to use. But, I'll tell you how, just in case.
4) After Lunar IPS is open, click "Apply IPS Patch".
5) Select Sienna's IPS file, then click Open.
6) Then select your Pokemon Fire Red ROM and click open. After that, your patch will be applied.
7) Finally, open the newly patched Pokemon Fire Red ROM with VBA.
I have followed you but failed. Open only 1 game on the white board it always stood. thank you anyway..

you can send me the patch is not already? That the 3.1. Thanks

sorry I do not master grammar

Last edited by khicon0109; June 11th, 2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old June 11th, 2012, 10:00 PM
timebroken
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
I have followed you but failed. Open only 1 game on the white board it always stood. thank you anyway..

you can send me the patch is not already? That the 3.1. Thanks

sorry I do not master grammar
I might be able to help you better if I can get a friend of mine to help translate for me. What language do you normally speak?
Old June 12th, 2012, 03:15 PM
timebroken
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Thanks. I play pokemon sienna then.
What's your native language?
Old June 12th, 2012, 08:55 PM
khicon0109
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
What's your native language?
Vietnamese Thanks you so much.
Old June 13th, 2012, 10:09 AM
timebroken
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Vietnamese Thanks you so much.
I don't know anyone who speaks Vietnamese, so I'll try my best using a translator.

Làm thế nào để cài đặt Pokemon Sienna:
1) Sau khi bạn đã tải về tất cả các essientials, bạn cần phải giải nén tất cả mọi thứ bằng cách sử dụng một chương trình như WinRAR hay 7zip.
2) Sau khi tất cả mọi thứ được giải nén, mở ra các chương trình âm lịch IPS.
3) âm lịch IPS có một giao diện cực kỳ đơn giản, vì vậy nó không nên là khó sử dụng. Tuy nhiên, tôi sẽ cho bạn biết làm thế nào, chỉ trong trường hợp.
4) Sau khi âm lịch IPS là mở, bấm vào nút "Apply IPS Patch".
5) tập tin của IPS Chọn Sienna, sau đó nhấn Open.
6) Sau đó chọn Pokemon Fire Red ROM của bạn và kích vào Open. Sau đó, bản vá sẽ được áp dụng.
7) Cuối cùng, mở Fire Pokemon Red ROM mới được vá VBA.
Old June 14th, 2012, 11:53 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
timebroken, this is an English speaking forum. (That sentence cannot be said without sounding like a jerk, damn it).

Anyway, in future please keep discussion like that to VMs, and keep the thread's discussion on-track. :)

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old June 15th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Silver-san
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhandss View Post
sure thing.

i was having a blast with this rom too.
when I clicked on your save file and tried to open it with my visual boy advance. It said unsupported file type. can you help?
Old June 16th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Stop Messing Up My Files, Porygon-Z!'s Avatar
Stop Messing Up My Files, Porygon-Z!
The shadow of Mismagius

I noticed some weird things in the Trainer's School in Nile City.

First of all, (and this is the most minor thing) key words in the notes on the desk (except for Pokémon) are capitalized.

Second of all, at the end of the text after reading the notes, a "GIRL" says "Hey! Don't look at my notes!" The person sitting in front of that desk is a boy.

Third, there is a bookshelf that says that Professor Oak lives with his grandparents Daisy and *rival's name*. This should be changed because the rival in Pokémon Sienna is not Oak's grandson.

You say you want a Revolution/Wii all wanna change the world
Old June 16th, 2012, 06:33 PM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Hey, look, Sienna has a brand new HP Box! (I'm working on reworking the entire in-battle graphics and we're almost done, just need to insert a new in-battle textbox.)

paired with christos
Old June 16th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Gawerty
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
nice been watching this behind the scenes im impressed
Old June 16th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Illuminaughty
The Graceful Idiot

Nature: Naughty
The hp box looks sleek!
Looking forward to the alterations of the text box.
Old June 17th, 2012, 05:55 AM
FusedFulkron
Beginning Trainer

holy balls, has this hack been restarted? :D
Old June 20th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Slifer1995
Beginning Trainer

I have a question. I just received my Dome Fossil from my rival after Orocino City and when I fly to Rhino(?) city, I go to the machine that revives fossils but all it says is that its unresponsive and the Old Amber never actually left my Key Item bag when I first used it. Also, the guy inside with the machine just says what he always says after you use the machien the first time for the Old Amber.

On a side note, there is a bug with the use of Fly outside of battle. 20% of the time, when I use it, it just shows a blue screen with my character's head to show his current location and the marker moves in one random direction and I can't do anything except restart the rom.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 12:08 AM
CrowClaw

Is there anywhere that you can see the completed pokedex????
Old June 24th, 2012, 07:42 AM
mtndew

this is going to be a really noob question but what emulator do you need for ths hack? virtual boy doesnt work with ISP or APS files
Old June 24th, 2012, 12:42 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtndew View Post
this is going to be a really noob question but what emulator do you need for ths hack? virtual boy doesnt work with ISP or APS files
You're supposed to patch it to a FR ROM before you can play it.

This hack is really looking fantastic though, I like the look of all the new fakemon, and the battle box really looks sleek. ;P
Old June 27th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Silver-san
Beginning Trainer

Can you still join team rocket in beta 4?
Old June 28th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Nature: Gentle
oh ! another top quality hack ! your fakemons are from the best I've ever seen ! But why do you have lugia in the POKéMON SIENNA logo ?? :O
Old June 30th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Frfaldo
Beginning Trainer

I'd just like to say this game has been a huge blast. I've done so many Nuzlocke runs on the Nintendo games, to the point where I knew pretty much everything about every Pokemon in game. I got bored with them because everything was so predictable; my first pokemon game was Ruby, and it was so much fun running through each route and discovering all of the new pokemon. I remember leveling up my Ninjask to around level 90 just because I wanted Shedinja so much. I remember spending a day going on the epic quest for the Regis. I remember finding Feebas and trying to max out its beauty for it to evolve. I hate to have my nostalgia goggles on, but those were the days.

Easy internet access, serebii.net, and other pokemon sites allowed me to find out every possible thing about the new games before they even came out. I expected all the twists and turns, I knew all the methods to evolve the pokemon, etc. I lost touch with what made the series so awesome in the first place: the sense of exploration and discovery. Sienna, along with other PokeHacks, gave me that great feeling of "Whoa, what is that thing?!? I need to catch it! Is it this type or that type?" that I remember from my childhood. I spent extra time running around in each route hoping to find something new. I haven't done that in awhile.

That's the great thing about these fan-created games: only the creator has exhausted every possible aspect of every possible situation in the game. There's no strategy guides you can buy, there's no FakeMon entries on popular Pokemon sites, it's a great feeling. You get your butt kicked a couple of times because you weren't prepared for that sort of Pokemon, but that's fine. You go back to the drawing board and find a way to win, and you have fun while you're doing it.

So thank you for the hard work and precious time you have put into this game, I haven't been this excited to play through a game in quite some time.

On a less-cheesy note, when do Isopoly and Bombsect evolve?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here