The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Map of the Month
→goon 24 31.58%
DrFuji 9 11.84%
Otter 43 56.58%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 28th, 2009 (12:47 PM).
~NeOn~
Beginning Trainer

I vote for Otter.
The map is well mapped and I do not see any error in the map.
So this is the best map of these three.

I Support:

Old December 28th, 2009 (09:43 PM).
HannahMontana
Beginning Trainer

Goon's map is definitely the most pleasing to the eye. The others look very crowded and are a bit harder to look at. Goon's may be the most simple, but ultimately is the most attractive and looks like a town that would actually be in a game.
Old December 29th, 2009 (04:10 PM).
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
Otter's map by miles! Great placement, houses, ect... And, the mountain's shape is really nice! So Otter I'm voting for you!! :D
And people, remember Goon's map only looks good because of the tiles, so you can't vote for him just because of that. It's the map itself that has to look good, not the tiles.
Old December 29th, 2009 (04:49 PM).
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Cole ♥ View Post
And people, remember Goon's map only looks good because of the tiles, so you can't vote for him just because of that. It's the map itself that has to look good, not the tiles. ;)
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. While the tiles compliment the snowy feeling nicely, the map itself is superb as well. I, personally, really like the layout of houses. The general concept behind the map makes it feel like a real Nintendo map. Though I could argue that the houses may be placed a little too far apart, you can't say that the map itself isn't of excellent quality.

Brother of Vrai
Old December 29th, 2009 (05:35 PM).
Chimchar 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. While the tiles compliment the snowy feeling nicely, the map itself is superb as well. I, personally, really like the layout of houses. The general concept behind the map makes it feel like a real Nintendo map. Though I could argue that the houses may be placed a little too far apart, you can't say that the map itself isn't of excellent quality.
It's good, but it's not better than Otter's map, as proven by the number of votes.
Old December 29th, 2009 (05:40 PM).
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
It's good, but it's not better than Otter's map, as proven by the number of votes.;) :P
I know. I voted for Otter. I'm just saying that you can't claim that →goon's map isn't a very high quality map. If you like Otter's map, that's perfectly fine. Just don't go around making false claims about its opposition to sway voters.

Brother of Vrai
Old December 29th, 2009 (05:47 PM).
Chimchar 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
I know. I voted for Otter. I'm just saying that you can't claim that →goon's map isn't a very high quality map. If you like Otter's map, that's perfectly fine. Just don't go around making false claims about its opposition to sway voters.
Okay. But all I was just trying to say is that they should vote on the mapping not the tiles, because that's why it's called "map of the month". Clearly it should be about the mapping not the tiles, right?
Anyway, I guess my comment did sound a bit sway. :\
Old December 30th, 2009 (08:09 AM).
→goon
pokémon auburn version←

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to →goon
Quote:
Clearly it should be about the mapping not the tiles, right?
I definitely agree with you on the fact that my map is only that good because of the tiles and the mapping itself is a little mediocre to say the least. But seeing as this is a themed map of the month contest, you really do have to weigh the tiles in quite a bit. Tiles can really help to convey the theme more so then others.

Otter's map does it the best anyways.

→|
pokémon auburn version|←

|coming soon|←
Old December 30th, 2009 (08:25 PM). Edited January 1st, 2010 by Alice.
Alice
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
*Sigh* There's nothing mediocre about that map at all. The only reason people think that is because the tiles are so good, so they are either looking for an excuse to downplay the map, or are just assuming that there's no way the map could look good with other tiles.

And tiles are as much a part of a map as any other, and should be taken into account, especially if the mapper made the tiles.
Old December 31st, 2009 (08:29 PM).
GAKEON
Artist

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to GAKEON Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GAKEON Send a message via Yahoo to GAKEON Send a message via Skype™ to GAKEON
I voted for Otter's map. It looks like he did the most work and took the most time to make it nice.

All maps are nice though, it was very hard to choose just one map to vote for.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links