The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 22nd, 2009, 02:43 PM
LiekingOfMudkipz
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Calm
Introduction

Okay, these ideas you're about to see/read aren't set in stone. I have an idea of what the story is but any advice would greatful. I have some hacking experience so I may need help some departments but I can script.

Story

Welcome to the new region, Reikon! After living in the Region for 10 years of your life in the small woodland area of Old Shaft Town you are finally able to obtain your first pokémon. How exciting, but with the twist of a gang chasing through the area for a legendary.. Lugia?

Upon seeing the gang shout out about finding lugia and they run off somewhere, you walk over to go find the local Professor, Prof. Rupe only to find a mysterious flying creature dissapear..
but you're less concerned over this and head over to Shaft Woods to go look for Prof. Rupe and ask what lugia is.

Leading through the region with your newly aquired pokemon you discover more mysteries and find oppurtunities to help out others and become more Renowned to the Region showing reputation for your home town, but evil must be faced and cannot be skipped..

Throughout you're journey you will encounter this new gang various times and some certain legendaries to help prevent them from their goal while still trying to go on and become a pokemon champion! Are you up for it?

New Features !

During the course of this you will meet up with this gang and go undercover with some help of a friend. Allowing you to find out more about them and why they're doing this.
even who the leader is.
Problem is with this is the backsprites and overworld changing. D: I would need a little help there if any one would like to.

New gang!
New Region!
Explore the core of the region!
new badges/gyms
new protagonists!
New pallets
New characters
Access to HOENN (UNKNOWN)

Screenshots -

New Pallets (Subject to change) -

Final Pallet change

What's happening?

Who's that? (Note : I am workingon sprites at the moment, would appreciate help)

Shaft Woods -

Videos -
(Not yet!)

Help needed -

Mapper (Good one prefferably)
Spriter?
Title Screen inserter+Pallet changes to fix it up.

Team -

LiekingOfMudkipz - Scripter

Credits -
(No one yet D

Guys, please give constructive criticism not the simple "It's a bad idea" or such. And if you are willing to help then I will require..

-Proof of work
That is all I would like and don't use someone elses please..

Remember! This isn't set in stone right now some of this will change either from me or your ideas.

Last edited by LiekingOfMudkipz; January 2nd, 2010 at 05:27 AM. Reason: New screenshot
Old December 22nd, 2009, 05:10 PM
Razer Rage
Beginning Hacker

This looks very interesting. I would build on the whole gang/mysterious pokemon bit, because this (in my opinion), looks more or less like every other hack out there.

Perhaps a game mechanic that can allow you to join the gang in their quest, or fight them. That would be interesting.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 04:31 AM
LiekingOfMudkipz
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer Rage View Post
This looks very interesting. I would build on the whole gang/mysterious pokemon bit, because this (in my opinion), looks more or less like every other hack out there.

Perhaps a game mechanic that can allow you to join the gang in their quest, or fight them. That would be interesting.

Well what i've been thinking of is allowing you to go undercover with the gang (I can't think of a name) and follow them on part of the quest but I just wouldn't know how to set it up for backsprites and stuff when you change uniform. Then if this would happen then it would be crucial in the storyline to help stop them from grabbing lugia.. and because I'm involving lugia I want to involve ho-oh in some way and the three legendary birds.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 09:38 AM
The Last Sentinel
Beginning Tracker
Community Supporter

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to The Last Sentinel
Hey there, i can help spriting still and im an alright mapper but not the best
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:19 AM
Razer Rage
Beginning Hacker

Originally Posted by LiekingOfMudkipz View Post
Well what i've been thinking of is allowing you to go undercover with the gang (I can't think of a name) and follow them on part of the quest but I just wouldn't know how to set it up for backsprites and stuff when you change uniform. Then if this would happen then it would be crucial in the storyline to help stop them from grabbing lugia.. and because I'm involving lugia I want to involve ho-oh in some way and the three legendary birds.
Lugia fights the other 3 birds in CANON. as for Ho-oh...maybe it can be a mysterious entity that you learn more about in the game. It could the the "lvl 70 pokemon".

I don't know how to change OW sprites, but I think it could be done. If not, you can just pretend. Seriously though, you can be hired by the team as their own undercover agent or something.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 11:53 AM
The Last Sentinel
Beginning Tracker
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer Rage View Post
Lugia fights the other 3 birds in CANON. as for Ho-oh...maybe it can be a mysterious entity that you learn more about in the game. It could the the "lvl 70 pokemon".

I don't know how to change OW sprites, but I think it could be done. If not, you can just pretend. Seriously though, you can be hired by the team as their own undercover agent or something.

what do u mean change OW sprites? Do u mean while playing like the character changing clothes or making new OWs?
Old December 23rd, 2009, 02:58 PM
LiekingOfMudkipz
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeith View Post
what do u mean change OW sprites? Do u mean while playing like the character changing clothes or making new OWs?

Like changing outfits for the Overworld so when you go undercover it looks a little more realisitic

new pallets!
Dun steal them if you liek them xD

Last edited by LiekingOfMudkipz; December 23rd, 2009 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:24 PM
Shaymew
likes when Dunsparce Glares

Nature: Hasty
"Welcome to the new region, Reikon! After living in the Region for 10 years of your life in the small woodland area of Old Shaft Town you are finally able to obtain your first pokémon. How exciting, but with the twist of a gang chasing through the area for a legendary.. Lugia?

Upon seeing the gang shout out about finding lugia and they run off somewhere, you walk over to go find the local Professor, Prof. Rupe only to find a mysterious flying creature dissapear..

Throughout you're journey you will encounter this new gang various times and some certain legendaries to help prevent them from their goal while still trying to go on and become a pokemon champion! Are you up for it?"

I know you probably have this planned, but explain WHY Lugia is in this region. Also about lugia itself. I think you should use Ho-oh. Ho-oh being a Phoenix could give more of a motive for the team involving resurrection and making an invincible army or something along those lines. Just suggestions for story. There is a LOT more potential with Ho-oh I think.

Now for another part of the story. Why chase down this evil group? Because some old dude told you too? Because you want to save the world? Boring reasons. Give more back story to the characters of WHY you want to find them. I have an idea that I think would be interesting. In the spoiler box below
Spoiler:
You start out doing chores for the prof.(also he should have some relationship to the main character other than the neighborhood researcher) He says to go and find the strange criminals or something like that. Anyway when you get to the next town, you find them and a friend of yours. Of course this leads to them taking your friend and then you hunt them down to find him. Along the way dialogue with the evil people can reveal some backstory, or maybe when you reunite with him.

Idea 2
Spoiler:
You could also make it not kidnapping, but they do something personal. They break something very precious of yours, or possibly kill someone close to you. Something that would actually make someone want to get revenge and hunt down these people.

If you can see this, copy and paste into your signature. And message me so I know if you notice it. Now what are you waiting for??? DO IT!!!!!!!!!!
Spoiler:
my banners made by me banner by nilojan
[/sig-reason]
Old December 23rd, 2009, 08:36 PM
The Last Sentinel
Beginning Tracker
Community Supporter

Ok this is going better than regi legends and I officially decide(on ur choosing) that I will help with the spriting and try to be a part time mapper( ur choice on that). If possible i'll help with the story. Would u like me to make a team thread?

Last edited by The Last Sentinel; December 23rd, 2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old December 24th, 2009, 05:36 AM
LiekingOfMudkipz
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Ok this is going better than regi legends and I officially decide(on ur choosing) that I will help with the spriting and try to be a part time mapper( ur choice on that). If possible i'll help with the story. Would u like me to make a team thread?

I'm still deciding on things first, but can you please show some of your mapping skills. Like show me a woodland area map you made and a City area.

With spriting I need proof too.

@SHAYMEW

""Welcome to the new region, Reikon! After living in the Region for 10 years of your life in the small woodland area of Old Shaft Town you are finally able to obtain your first pokémon. How exciting, but with the twist of a gang chasing through the area for a legendary.. Lugia?

Throughout you're journey you will encounter this new gang various times and some certain legendaries to help prevent them from their goal while still trying to go on and become a pokemon champion! Are you up for it?"

I know you probably have this planned, but explain WHY Lugia is in this region. Also about lugia itself. I think you should use Ho-oh. Ho-oh being a Phoenix could give more of a motive for the team involving resurrection and making an invincible army or something along those lines. Just suggestions for story. There is a LOT more potential with Ho-oh I think.

Now for another part of the story. Why chase down this evil group? Because some old dude told you too? Because you want to save the world? Boring reasons. Give more back story to the characters of WHY you want to find them. I have an idea that I think would be interesting. In the spoiler box below"

Thank you for the suggestions, i'm thinking that they could use lugia to draw Ho-oH out and the reason to chase them down is because they can kidnap the professor, and Proffessor Rupe Could be your father.

On the Lugia thing.. Lugia is known as the Sea king and too many trainers challenged it. Below the town you start in is where Lugia resides, but because Ho-Oh isn't easy to defeat for the gang they come in for lugia which is also another reason to go out and hunt down this gang.

I wiill work on it some more and I really appreciate those suggestions, Thanks!

Last edited by LiekingOfMudkipz; December 24th, 2009 at 05:43 AM.
Old December 24th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
The cliff looks a bit red
Old December 24th, 2009, 11:16 AM
558122_DG
Learning how to make mistakes

new pallettes, the trees are too light like the grass.
and the mountain has specs so red...

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 24th, 2009, 04:06 PM
LiekingOfMudkipz
Beginning Trainer

I updated the pallets they are a little darker but the rocks does look a little bright..

Old December 25th, 2009, 11:56 AM
The Last Sentinel
Beginning Tracker
Community Supporter

Here are the sample sprite and map to join the team. Vm me =)
Old December 25th, 2009, 01:07 PM
LiekingOfMudkipz
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Here are the sample sprite and map to join the team. Vm me =)

Could you put images in spoilers, please that are large. and by maps I mean city area maps and a forestish map As for sprites it looks good but can you show me custom trainer sprites please.
Old December 25th, 2009, 01:13 PM
558122_DG
Learning how to make mistakes

i think the default pallettes are better, also the specks of red on the last one should be a dark brown.

and your older mountain pallette looked better

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 25th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
I updated the pallets they are a little darker but the rocks does look a little bright..

They look horrible! The mountain looks weird, the path is too... Stands out too much, the tree don't contrast well with the grass... Please, keep them as default, unless you KNOW they look good.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old December 25th, 2009, 01:24 PM
LiekingOfMudkipz
Beginning Trainer

Okay I will revert them to normal
Old December 25th, 2009, 01:29 PM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviation View Post

They look horrible! The mountain looks weird, the path is too... Stands out too much, the tree don't contrast well with the grass... Please, keep them as default, unless you KNOW they look good.
.. Yeah, I wasn't gonna say anything but they're awful. None of them blend. I get that the whole idea is for each to...
Meh, too hard to put in words. Here's a tip. Reload the default palette, and, if you were trying to darken it, just lower each colour value by a set amount, with the Palette editor in Advance Map. It'll work more accurately and evenly. Because frankly they're terrible, the way they are now. Sorry.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old December 25th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Okay I will revert them to normal
If you want pallette changes, either do what the above person said, or at least mess around with some RGB values, until they actually fit together (trees with the grass as well!). Don't save the Pallette Changes unless you are 100% sure you are happy with how they look.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old December 30th, 2009, 01:27 PM
LiekingOfMudkipz
Beginning Trainer

Okay! I've done new pallets they look good to me i'm not sure about all of you however.

The rocks maybe darkened a fraction bit but i'm fine with them.
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:43 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
You seem to be having issues with palletes. They don't flow together, not at all. Try a bit harder. It's not very difficult, you'll see
Old January 1st, 2010, 03:52 PM
LiekingOfMudkipz
Beginning Trainer

Added two new screenshots! This is the very beginning after exitting the house!
Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:34 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
New gang!
New Region!
Explore the core of the region!
new badges/gyms
new protagonists!
New pallets
New characters
Access to HOENN (UNKNOWN)
I would add something more to this part...
Ya know almost every hack has these features.

Quote:
Pallet Updates!

Please delete this... As Deviation said it looks horrible... it more looks like you messed up the ROM.

It could be good hack you just have to work hard and gain more experience in hacking

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 2nd, 2010, 05:22 AM
LiekingOfMudkipz
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
I would add something more to this part...
Ya know almost every hack has these features.

Please delete this... As Deviation said it looks horrible... it more looks like you messed up the ROM.

It could be good hack you just have to work hard and gain more experience in hacking
Oops! I was meaning to remove the bad ones. Sorry! Plus another screenshot is uploaded.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links