Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology
Reload this Page Technical help with computer problem please?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Old December 28th, 2009 (05:18 AM).

Every time I start up IE, I am getting a "security alert" message from Equifax. I have removed the certificate from my root certification options, but the alert still keeps popping up [even after I have restarted the computer]. Equifax is now not even showing in my certification list, but I still get the security warning every time.
Any ideas please anyone?
Old December 28th, 2009 (09:30 AM).
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Gold Tier

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by katty01:
Every time I start up IE, I am getting a "security alert" message from Equifax. I have removed the certificate from my root certification options, but the alert still keeps popping up [even after I have restarted the computer]. Equifax is now not even showing in my certification list, but I still get the security warning every time.
Any ideas please anyone?
Run a virus scan, then reinstall the certificate if you can figure out how to.

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H. L. Mencken, unsourced

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]
Old December 28th, 2009 (10:22 AM).
Computer Tech

Nature: Modest
I second that one, twocows. It sounds like it could be some kind of infection. If you can, even run a boot time scan (some AV's let you do this). I also agree...if you know how to reinstall certificates, try that. When all else fails, try reinstalling the browser (if you go to FileHippo.com, you can download a standalone installer). And once more, if that doesn't work.....then there's always the option of reinstalling the OS (which should be used as the most extreme last resort).

Many thanks to Shadow_Ball for the sig pic!

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links