The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:35 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
I think Azure Horizons deserved to win. I noticed something, in LOG you get Kanto starters, in LP you get Johto starters, and in AH you get Hoenn starters. I like how I get to start with Torchic in AH, it was my first Pokemon when I played Pokemon Ruby for the first time.
Are you serious, your main reason was ruby starters. You must be in heaven when you enter the scrapbox.

Quote:
Sorry Dante, but I think Frostbite deserved to win. His hack is a good hack, not because the Hoenn starters, but because of the plot. Team Tundra is interesting. I wonder what the admins are like?
???, you know you just contradicting your early post. If you chang your mind then at leaste deleate your post, you are sending mix signals. Contradicting your self makes you lose your creditability.

Quote:
I disagree with the above post. Fire Red/Ruby/Emerald tiles are better than edited tiles. The last year's winner had Fire Red tiles mixed with RSE. It was known as Rijon Adventures by Anthony La. I'm making a ROM Hack of Fire Red and I'm using the same tiles of Fire Red. Go Frostbite!

P.s. I like Wesley and DestinedJagold too.
Your lossing more, and more creditablity with every post. Now we know, you can't create nice tiles. You hope that fr tiles are a hit, so your hack would be a hit. (Can we restrain from shot outs, it's off topic.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .com View Post
LOL.
pwned.
That is all.

Honestly, LP is only good to look at. That's all it is. The basically full graphic overhaul is nice, but it's not anything totally custom and new when it comes down to it, having trendy devamped fourth generation tiles and all. Even if AH did use FireRed default tiles, LP basically is just ripping off HGSS. Sure, he did the devamping and insertion and such, but it's pretty much the same thing--using an existing official game's type-tileset. What I'm saying is, LP doesn't really have anything fresh to offer graphically, just the what's-in/trendy look, and even what's-in/trendy gameplay-wise, so I can completely understand its ratings.
Another contradiction, first you say LP look's good, but then you say his tiles aren't good.(I feel like I am playing phoenix wright ace attorney.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
I'm getting this incredible feeling of déjà vu.
Same here, come on people if a point has already been made, then no need to say it again.
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:43 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\

Nature: Relaxed
My main reason for thinking Azure Horizons is a great hack and deserved both HotM/ HotY:

Everything, the Hoenn starters, the evil team, the Fire Red/Emerald tiles.
By the way NarutoActor I wasn't contradicting myself I was changing my mind. I didn't remember what my previous posts were.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:49 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Well then say that.

AND LIKE I SAID, if you just changed your mind then delete your own post.
Did you just personally ignored this point, for your own benefit. Or did you forgot that too.
Old January 7th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Shinx
it's a mad world

OMG colcolstyles, you posted exactly what I was thinking. :3

Sometimes the truth isn't good enough, sometimes people deserve more.
Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded...
Old January 7th, 2010, 12:48 PM
.com
Advanced Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .com
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoActor View Post
Another contradiction, first you say LP look's good, but then you say his tiles aren't good.(I feel like I am playing phoenix wright ace attorney.)
I definately did not say that. I'm saying that LP looks good, but it offers a trendy graphic style that we've all seen before in other hacks, and it is basically rehashing the official DS games' graphics on GBA, anyways. Either way, don't try to assume things. The grammar and spelling errors in your other opinions around this thread just make them fail more. kthnx. \m/
Old January 12th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Schultstaffel
Beginning Trainer

What ??
DJG in the 3rd place ?No way !
His hacks are all very exciting,and I found that LOG is the best from all of the hacks that I've played before..
A game doesn't need a good graphics,or else,the most important in a games is the excitement n joys when playing it..
In my heart DJG is the true winner,
Old January 18th, 2010, 07:43 PM
PKFL_531
What do you expect?

Nature: Timid
*Applauds for Azure Horizons*

yay for azure horizons!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links