Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old December 29th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Zerro
Dreamer

Send a message via AIM to Zerro Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zerro Send a message via Yahoo to Zerro
I am sure most everyone here is aware of the Pokemon TCG, I for one loved it when I was younger. Unfortunately, I was not able to play it all that much for a couple of reasons.

1) I had no money to buy the cards.
2) I had no one to play with.

The few times I was able to play, I absolutely loved the game, I just always wished there was some easier way to play. A few months ago I began working on just that. An easy way to collect, trade, and battle Pokemon cards. The resulting product was a website I called Online Pokemon Trading Card Game. I got busy with college work, and slowly stopped working on the site. Now, I am back and ready to continue the development.

So enough with the introduction and lets start talking about features.

Card Economy
This, simply put means administrators have full control of how many cards are in circulation. Whats the point of a collection if there are an infinite amount of cards? An Admin can choose to create a set of 500 booster packs of a particular series of cards, and an algorithm will shuffle in various cards based on the rarity of that card. The rarity levels include; common, uncommon, rare, ultra-rare, and one of a kind. Thats right, there can and will be one of a kind cards that no one else will have. A strong card economy is essential to the success of this game.

Collection
As you buy booster packs they will file away into your collection. You can then choose to open a booster pack in your collection and have all the excitement of seeing what you got! The cards will file away into your card collection, which is where you can show off to the rest of the OPTCG community.

Deck Building
As you start to build a respectable collection, you may want to change around your starter deck or build a completely new one. Decks you build can be named, shown off, rated and of course battled.

Trading
Trading should be a huge part of any TCG being that 'Trading' is actually apart of the name. You are able to trade just about anything in OPTCG from individual cards, entire decks, or even unopened booster packs.

Battling
Battling is a little tricky to program for a website, but with the help of ajax it is possible. You will be able to battle in real time with opponents under various different rule sets. All stats are recorded for personal examination and to just plain show off.

Finally, Screenshots!
Please note this is still very early in development.
Also sorry for the blurred out cards. I used images from a certain site, when I asked for permission to use them I was simply told no. Not to worry, I have a bucket full of donated Pokemon cards waiting to be scanned, all of which will be made publicly available for anyone to use anyway they wish.

Home page after you login

Admin page for card creation

Card Dex

Collection

Deck Edit

Deck Edit

Deck Creation

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions?

If you would like to beta test, send me a PM or email at [email protected]. You can also contact me on GTalk.

Base Set (Incomplete) - http://picasaweb.google.com/ZerroSha...eat=directlink
If you have card scans you would like to donate please get in contact with me.

Last edited by Zerro; January 4th, 2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old December 29th, 2009, 02:03 PM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

Nature: Adamant
This actually looks like it would be fun to play. You may need to improve some graphics though. And, why are they in .jpg?
Old December 29th, 2009, 02:08 PM
davidthefat
I Love C++

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarietyVidsnet View Post
This actually looks like it would be fun to play. You may need to improve some graphics though. And, why are they in .jpg?
JPG are the best option for graphics on websites since the size.
Old December 29th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Zerro
Dreamer

Send a message via AIM to Zerro Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zerro Send a message via Yahoo to Zerro
Just the screenshots are in jpg, the site itself has all png. And yes, the graphics suck, I am no graphic artist lol, I am a programmer. My artwork is in the code.
I will be giving out beta testing spots. See post above for more details.

Last edited by Zerro; December 29th, 2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old December 29th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Route
Slowpoke

I would love to beta test this. This actually looks really fun. I had always loved the TCG, but I could not play it, because of similar reasons to you.
Old December 29th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Zerro
Dreamer

Send me an email. If you have a google talk account that is even better.
Old December 29th, 2009, 04:41 PM
V0RT3X
Scientist at fluid dynamics

Nature: Bashful
finally someone that is going back to the tcg, wish you good luck with future updates

Old December 29th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Zerro
Dreamer

Expect to see screen shots with actual cards in them soon lol. I was quite upset when I was denied permission to use the card scans I had acquired. The guy doesn't want anyone using his scans for anything other than his website. But not to worry, I will be releasing all my card scans to the public. I am pretty big on open source lol.
Old December 29th, 2009, 05:36 PM
snap12
Billie Jean is not my lover

Nature: Lax
This looks like a awesome idea man, I had some of the same problems you did: I loved the TCG but I had no one who would battle with me Stupid "collectors" . I can't wait to see more man, let me know if you need help with beta testing or any of that good stuff

V I I I. T h e . F u r r y . o f . D a n c i n g . F l a m e s

Last edited by snap12; December 29th, 2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old December 29th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Zerro
Dreamer

If you want to beta test you must meet the following criteria;
Gmail Account
Frequently use gmail chat
Help with ideas and suggestions to push the game forward.

if so, email/IM me at [email protected]
Old December 29th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Route
Slowpoke

I emailed you. Is there anything else I need?
Old December 30th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Zerro
Dreamer

Nope, just be on gChat and IM me. I will send you a link.
Old December 30th, 2009, 09:27 AM
SkyStar
is a Sith Lord

Nature: Adamant
This is awesome...
I have got to try this
and if you need graphics I can do a little
and I too have mounds of tcg cards if you want i'll scan them later.
I made a background for a card
its attached
Attached Thumbnails
Pcardtemplate.png‎  

Last edited by SkyStar; December 30th, 2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old December 30th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Zerro
Dreamer

Aeon, card scans would be welcomed. Just note that anything you submit to the project will be given to everyone to use as they wish without consent. That way if in the future someone needs card scans or the like they don't have to deal with permissions or anything they can just use them. I think that way its best for the community as a whole.
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Can I ask why the pictures are blurred? It's a shame they are, good luck with this.
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Route
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerro View Post
Aeon, card scans would be welcomed. Just note that anything you submit to the project will be given to everyone to use as they wish without consent. That way if in the future someone needs card scans or the like they don't have to deal with permissions or anything they can just use them. I think that way its best for the community as a whole.
I also could scan some cards, as I have tons. I might scan them.
Old December 30th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Zerro
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O Turquoise View Post
Can I ask why the pictures are blurred? It's a shame they are, good luck with this.
I stated above the screenshots. The cards are blurred because the owner of the card scans did not give me permission to use them. For what reason I do not know. Not to worry. I am scanning a bucket full of my own cards and accepting any cards that anyone scans. The blurred cards won't be an issue much longer.
Old December 30th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Route
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerro View Post
I stated above the screenshots. The cards are blurred because the owner of the card scans did not give me permission to use them. For what reason I do not know. Not to worry. I am scanning a bucket full of my own cards and accepting any cards that anyone scans. The blurred cards won't be an issue much longer.
Are you using certain cards? Like, can they be D/P or original cards? What exactly do you need?
Old December 30th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Zerro
Dreamer

I will accept any and every card. I will implement the sets as the cards come in. Eventually, I should have all cards scanned and in theory, new sets will be released every few months. Old sets will then stop being released so all the old cards will only be available through trade from other players.
Old December 30th, 2009, 03:48 PM
RockstarRaccoon
Zerro's CSS writer.

Hey, I'm his friend who's doing the CSS and Graphics. Glad you guys aren't screaming about how bad my layout is. Since he's getting back to it, I'm gonna start improving them. Anyone got some graphical suggestions for it?
Old December 30th, 2009, 03:56 PM
iLaxbe!
by Duke R

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to iLaxbe!
Man, this is great, i hope you excel! Think I'll try it later..

But why don't you try other websites. Maybe someone will understand your perspective.
How I met each Pokémon Generation.
[jq]"What is the point in voicing that kind of opinions? No one but you cares.
You're worst than Robin Williams (comedian)." Anuhrima[/jq]
Old December 31st, 2009, 02:10 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Excuse me, but how exactly do you scan a card? I might help if I don't really have to buy anything.
Old December 31st, 2009, 02:20 AM
darkerarceus
Advanced RM2K3-er

Nature: Relaxed
Use a scanner and scan it.
5 Years on Pokecommunity. Wow. It's not like I'm on like once a year
Old December 31st, 2009, 06:17 AM
Route
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O Turquoise View Post
Excuse me, but how exactly do you scan a card? I might help if I don't really have to buy anything.
Like the user above says, use a scanner, you have to buy it though. But you might already have one.
Old December 31st, 2009, 09:46 AM
Zerro
Dreamer

Anyone that wants to produce their own blanks and fake cards for inclusion in the game, I will be more than happy to accept and put them in.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links