Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokémon Identity

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Whose Overworld sprite do you want to see?
??? (The mysterious woman) 29 42.65%
Aster 14 20.59%
Kaius 12 17.65%
Lilah 4 5.88%
Sadie 3 4.41%
Vivi 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old January 19th, 2011 (04:09 PM).
Espuwott
ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL

Nature: Modest
what do i need ta play Pokemon Identity?
Old January 22nd, 2011 (11:58 PM).
SkieTheKitsune
Please call me FoxMan.

Nature: Jolly
Quote orignally posted by PiKasnAp:
what do i need ta play Pokemon Identity?
You need tha followng 3 thngs-

1. An emulatar. (Snce dis is a spheal of a GBA gbee I recommend VBA- (by tha way, that's VisualBoiAdvance if you don't know), but you can always pick somethng else)
2. A clean FireRed rom. (Specifically tha English rom. If you want ta git even more specific, use tha file nbee that is given n tha first post. I an't givng anythng out coz lnkng ta roms is not allowed, obviously.)
3. An IPS patcher. (I recommend Lunar IPS, but agan, you can always pick somethng else.)

Download tha IPS patch, use tha patcher ta patch it ta a copy of tha rom, renbee tha rom ta (preferably) tha title of dis spheal, and bngo, you've gots yoself a demo of Pokemon Identity. I hope that was helpful.

Mah Pokes.
Old January 30th, 2011 (09:03 PM).
xDaisuke0
Aspiring Professor

Nature: Lonely
Played dis through twice cuz it was so good.
Gbees should be like dis, it's ndepth and tatally different.
Sucks ta hear that you're facng some trouble and it's not comng out yet but hope you can fix it all up and takes yo time, we're all waitng eagerly but patiently.
:D Good Luck.
Old February 1st, 2011 (04:20 PM).
evefarrel
Unhatched Egg

I be not far nta tha demo yet but so far it is an beazng gbee. I love tha fact you can choose a Ralts as yo starter, it is tied wit Umbreon at ben mah favorite pokemon.
Old February 5th, 2011 (07:14 PM).
pizzaz007
Why not?

Nature: Relaxed
Well, durng mah first playthrough of dis gbee (I LOVED it by tha way), I found a gbee breakng bug. When you git tha guards key and go down nta tha sewers and tha girl lets you n (sorry, i fogots her nbee ), if you die while wonderng n those sewers, you can never be let through agan, coz she doesn't come ta git you. You probably need ta fix that bug, but othar than that, tha gbee looks EPIC :D
Old February 12th, 2011 (05:49 AM).
myokan
Developer

Nature: Quirky
Bootylicious spheal! Tha Silvertane Slums or whatever thay're called seem impossible ta git through. I thnk you should have it least changed tha OW of ID though.
Old February 15th, 2011 (06:59 PM).
SuperSmash5

While I haven't played altagithar dawgy spheals, dis one is mah absolute favorite by far. It's tha only spheal I've come across that is heavily based around what appears ta be developng nta a deep and very grippng stary. I loved tha cliffhanger even though it was spoiled coz I read tao much of dis thread. Thare were some parts of it that I thought were a little foced like tha fact that tha dawg character is suddenly a robot and tha deal wit timeless grove, but I won't be tao critical coz I know you've already completed tha stary. I would just recommend maybe lengthanng tha openng a little. I don't know how ntensive that would be but I don't thnk it would be tao hard ta add a few more lnes of dialogue and maybe make tha run through tha base just a little longer. It just felt really fast wit tha 'leg-enhancements'.

As far as gbee mechanics go, thare was only one thng that I felt was somewhat annoyng and that was how hard it was ta fnd tha second exit ta tha Silvertane Sewers wit so dawgy doors. Thare were also a lot of traner battles down thare, perhaps a few tao dawgy.

Tha only othar thng I might suggest is perhaps modifyng tha starters a little more. Ta be honest, wit tha exception of Ralts, I found tham ta be rathar off-puttng. Changng tha stats and some of tha moves was funky ass, but I thnk you might even be able ta takes it farthar. Fo exbeple, you could give Ralts moves like Shadow Ball, Shock Wave, Disable, Psywave, Confuse Ray, Recover, or Mist Ball. You could give Seedot/Nuzleaf moves like Quick Attack, Mach Punch, Detect, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Spore or Beat Up. Machop only has normal and fightng type moves so you could try thngs like Rock Tamb, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Earthquake, or Outrage. I also thought Pound would be more appropriate than Tackle fo Ralts but whatever.

I like comng up wit nterestng and surprisng movesets fo pokemon, but those is really just ideas that I thought I might shis if you wanted ta steal some of tham or use tham ta help thnk of some movesets of yo own, or not. I don't want ta git n tha way of whatever direction you're takng dis spheal.
Old February 19th, 2011 (01:36 PM). Edited March 8th, 2011 by Fezao4.
Fezao4
Hi

Nature: Brave
Wow...Really funky ass Stary Lne.
So we need ta Identity persons right?No we dont need...
Well...I started whit an Ralts Coz I wanted Gardevoir or Gallade.Aster Started wit an Seedot!Who Started wit Machop.....I thnk tha Mahsterious Girl....Whit Erika s Sprite.I thnk she s nabee is tha sister nbee or Erika(Tha Orignal nbee).

Old February 20th, 2011 (12:52 PM).
Ocarion
I'm just playing hacks

Nature: Lax
Tha mahsterious wodawg is someone's sister and YOU chose tha nbee at tha begnnng of tha gbeeplay. I don't remember all tha deails coz it has been a while ,but its still mt favorite spheal of all time.
Old March 3rd, 2011 (02:31 PM).
aka825
Online Trainer

Nature: Calm
Quote orignally posted by Orideion:
Tha mahsterious wodawg is someone's sister and YOU chose tha nbee at tha begnnng of tha gbeeplay. I don't remember all tha deails coz it has been a while ,but its still mt favorite spheal of all time.
No, tha wodawg is not ID's sister, or at least we do not know yet. We do not git ta nbee her; n fact, she has no nbee othar than "Mahsterious Wodawg". Tha actual sister we nbee n tha ntro is not nvolved at any pont of tha gbee, except tha blackout (if I remember). Just wanted ta clarify.

Old March 7th, 2011 (09:45 PM).
VGAura
Beginning Trainer

I didn't want ta do dis but each day that passes convnces me more and more. After 2 months of not ben able ta work on it, its clear that I cannot keep up wit tha time and energy required ta make significant progress on dis spheal anytime soon. Tharefoe, I've decided ta suspend dis spheal fo now. When tha time comes where I fnd that I have enough free time ta make a good beount of progress on dis spheal, I will try ta git as much done as possible.

But n secret.

If it turns out I REALLY cannot fnish tha spheal, I'll convert all of tha n-gbee dialogue and events nta a short novel and post it n tha Fan Fic and Writng foum, so tha full stary will be revealed one way or anothar.
Old March 8th, 2011 (04:19 PM).
Semyaza
Lurker Extraordinaire

Thank you fo tha update. I be sorry ta hear of yo troubles and wish you luck n thair resolution.
Old March 8th, 2011 (04:47 PM).
aka825
Online Trainer

Nature: Calm
....:'(

Thare is nothng more ta sez. If dis gbee ends it's existence, well... A fan will unfotunately takes over. But it will not be tha sbee. It never is. I hope that you will fnd all tha free time you require.

Cheerng fo you and Id!

Old March 8th, 2011 (07:01 PM).
Vrai
can you feel my heart?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote orignally posted by aka825:
....:'(

Thare is nothng more ta sez. If dis gbee ends it's existence, well... A fan will unfotunately takes over. But it will not be tha sbee. It never is. I hope that you will fnd all tha free time you require.

Cheerng fo you and Id!
I don't thnk a fan will takes over. a) No one ever taok over ShnyGold, b) we have very good staff n Emulation and I don't thnk thay'd allow a random person ta just takes over someone else's spheal that thay've worked thair ass off fo.

But yeah, hope you fnd more time ta work on dis, VGAura. It was, imho, one of tha best spheals around. :(

Sponsored Links