The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Whose Overworld sprite do you want to see?
??? (The mysterious woman) 29 42.65%
Aster 14 20.59%
Kaius 12 17.65%
Lilah 4 5.88%
Sadie 3 4.41%
Vivi 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 24th, 2010, 06:32 PM
BoomChakalaka
Beginning Trainer

If only I voted for this hack instead of that turquoise nonsense. Seriously I just played the demo the whole night, I have even beaten team rocket btw the storyline is so amazing but the clifhanger at the end killed me
Old April 26th, 2010, 02:13 PM
tjwilliams24
Gone.

is this game dead? just wondering it had a lot of potential
Old April 26th, 2010, 05:36 PM
VGAura
Beginning Trainer

Of course not.

I just don't want to show anything until I have the entire next demo completed. That way, everything will be a surprise.

But, I will show a small preview once I finish spriting every main character.
Old April 27th, 2010, 08:25 AM
ChrisTom
With all regards,

Nature: Lonely
Firstly Vrai, I was asking the creator of the game, not a fan.

Secondly, I'm aware that it is okay to step outside of the box for things. But stepping out of the box, stomping it, and then driving out into the middle on nevada before shooting the box with an grade 1-19 missile is NOT ok.

You've got to realize that there is a fine line between unique and rediculous. This is coming from a Lewis Carroll fan, so you know I think that your work is incredibly far fetched.

Also the characters in Koolboyman's and Zel's hacks were much more believable. I'm not saying you have to be perfect, but try a bit better.

The whole Twins thing should just go. I understand that him being a Cyborg is a very big part of your hack now, and that's okay. But I think it would make more sense if he was a clone or something. That would get me interested (but that's just me). I know you're busy enough as it is, but I thought you would like to hear my complaints to improve upon this. Thank you for your time again.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom
Old April 27th, 2010, 08:41 AM
RuRuBell
Beeef

When I downloaded this, I was getting a bit tired of Pokemon hacks that were so similar. I really wanted something different and unique. Your hack was really a breath of fresh air, and it's really well done!

Keep up the good work! Eagerly awaiting to play more.
Old April 27th, 2010, 09:39 AM
trebornosliw
Learning

Nature: Adamant
This sounds really good, and I very much like plot-intensive hacks; I'll try it out tonight.
Old April 27th, 2010, 12:35 PM
tjwilliams24
Gone.

well thats good it isnt dead. one thing i like about the hack is how it brings a twist into games not seen in other hacks
Old April 29th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
It's awesome that this Hack's based off as a Cyborg, and stepping out of the box just makes
this Hack better, as it's unique. And what's wrong with the Ghost Twins?
They're perfectly fine. At least it has something to do with the plot.

Try to think of that, Chris Tom.
Old April 29th, 2010, 08:17 PM
VGAura
Beginning Trainer

The cyborg thing is more of a byproduct of the story than a main plot point. (I hope that makes sense)

I'll admit, the story makes little sense in the context of just the first two chapters but trust me when I say that everything will come together in the second half of the story. (Chapter 5+)

Imagine if you played something like Chrono Cross or The World Ends w/ You only a quarter of the way through. The story wouldn't make a whole lot of sense that way. Not that Chrono Cross makes much sense after playing through the whole game either.

Now for the small preview since I FINALLY got done with all the character OW sprites.

You will be the ones to choose what you want to see.
You may vote between Aster, Kaius, Lilah, Sadie, the mysterious woman, or the Chapter 3 character Vivi.

Here are the front, back, and side silhouettes for each of those characters:

I'll reveal the sprite for the one that gets the most votes in two weeks.
Old April 29th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Dano_
Nya~

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to Dano_ Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dano_ Send a message via Skype™ to Dano_
Hmm, tough choice...

I'd have to go with Aster, as he seems to have the most interesting design.

B-Shelf Flickr My Animé List
Old April 30th, 2010, 05:34 AM
shinbot
Beginning Trainer

where can i get pokemon aster and is it complete? atleast to the last gym
Old April 30th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinbot View Post
where can i get pokemon aster and is it complete? atleast to the last gym
This is the wrong thread to ask this question.
There's no such thing as "Pokemon Aster".

If you ask me, I think you should reveal Aster's OW.
His design looks kinda interesting.
Old May 1st, 2010, 04:17 AM
Went
The Seed Pokémon

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
I'm going to vote for Three Question Marks, mysterious characters are always more interesting to see!
Old May 1st, 2010, 04:20 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
I'm voting to see Aster's sprite, his looks interesting to me. Is the person with ???, the girl with Erika's overworld?
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old May 1st, 2010, 07:29 AM
VGAura
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
I'm voting to see Aster's sprite, his looks interesting to me. Is the person with ???, the girl with Erika's overworld?
Yep, she's the one that pops up from time to time.
Old May 1st, 2010, 08:36 AM
big NATE alpha
Patriotic Trainer

Nature: Quirky
I'm interested in seeing ???'s sprite, she's a very intriguing character, despite the fact that we know nothing about her. Second for me goes to Aster, and then Kaius.

Zekrom, Victini, Vanillish, Eagle, Samurai, and Excadrill
Unfortunately, for the time being, I cannot trade. My DS recently quit on me and I don't have the money to repair/replace it currently
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature (however, I do build competitive movesets and do minimal EV training, just not ignore the Pokemon based on stats ).
Old May 1st, 2010, 12:00 PM
Lati-Fan95
I completed my HG Pokedex!^^

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Lati-Fan95
First, I couldn´t decide between Kaius and the mysterious woman. But I took her because I like her role and her character which is full of mysteries! I actually found the Erica OW pretty siuting so I was very curious on whether the new one will do so, too, so I just picked the woman!´
Old May 1st, 2010, 05:08 PM
violentiris777
Beginning Trainer

This is a cool idea, having people vote. It keeps interest up, at least.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 07:40 AM
Kip
Highpaw!
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Rash
So here I an casually glancing at this thread for about a week and thinking 'That looks mildly interesting, I must give it a try'. Finally I had some free time, so I downloaded the first demo last night. When I first started it was about 10ish, and I thought I would play it for a about half and hour just to get a feel for it.

Fast forward to 1 in the morning and I'm still going. Absolutely hooked by the story - I just had to find out what happened to this guy. Everything about this game has been thought through very carefully (unlike most hacks) and you can really tell when playing it that a lot of hard work went into it. Very well done I love how it's not just the standard Pokémon story (i.e. battle, collect badges, fight league, complete dex), and it more character driven than developing your party and whatnot - in fact, it goes beyond that in that your character is watching someone else do that traditional quest from an outsider's perspective, which I have never seen before in a Pokémon hack and is a very nice touch.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love this game and am waiting on tenterhooks for the next instalment (no pressure!).

And now the inevitable constructive criticism. Mwhahaha! One thing that strikes me that this hack could have is some more emotional-evoking music - in some situations the standard FR music doesn't quite cut it. Have you considered some tracks from the Mystery Dungeon series (is that even possible? I don't know)? I know that music tracks are fairly low on the priority list but it's something you could look at when you've finished

Finally, I like this game so much I've had a go at a logo (which could double as a support banner).

I've tried to go for a different approach to most hack logos because this hack is so different, so the Pokémon logo has been dulled and has some lighting effects thrown in. Hope you like . It's fairly minimalistic at the moment, so any suggestions anyone has would be nice.

One more question: do you know yet if I will be able to use my current save file in the next demo or would I have to start again? Thanks. :D

Anyways, nice work.

Old May 2nd, 2010, 02:36 PM
conorizacorpse
Beginning Trainer

I loved how your hack is more dialog based. It gives it a better RPG feel. Just wondering if you have a rough estimate how long it'll be till the next demo, the cliffhanger is killing me.
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:03 PM
ChrisTom
With all regards,

Nature: Lonely
I've never heard of Chrono Cross or the other one.

Also if the Cyborg is a byproduct of the story then what is the point of keeping it in there?

Again, I think your hacking skills are superb and the way you tell the story is fantastic. But in my opinion none of that matters if It is too complicated.

*COUGH COUGH*J.J. Abrams*COUGH COUGH*Lost*COUGH COUGH*Cloverfield was okay but...*COUGH COUGH *
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Dark Sceptile
Psychic Lover

Nature: Docile
This is an awesome game! I hope the next Demo will be out really soon. The scripting is fantastic along with the mapping!

Good Luck on this. :D
Old May 6th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTom View Post
I've never heard of Chrono Cross or the other one.

Also if the Cyborg is a byproduct of the story then what is the point of keeping it in there?

Again, I think your hacking skills are superb and the way you tell the story is fantastic. But in my opinion none of that matters if It is too complicated.

*COUGH COUGH*J.J. Abrams*COUGH COUGH*Lost*COUGH COUGH*Cloverfield was okay but...*COUGH COUGH *
You keep it in to keep it believable, sir. Think of something this way... say you have a purpose. A purpose to, uh, go to places really fast. So, what do you do? You go buy some crazy-fast sports car, yes? That likens to this 'overall story' we have here.

However, because you have that awesome hot rod, all of the ladies are attracted to you. It's a byproduct of having the hot rod. Even if your intention was just to get places really fast, the lady-lovin' is a byproduct and, no matter how much you don't want it to, it still exists. See, the thing is, you can't really make a point on removing the cyborg part of the story because you don't know the whole story yet. There's still much to be learned.

And sometimes complicated things are nice. To be completely honest with you, I love complicated things in a sense that I like to try to wrap my mind around them. Some other people are like that. Some people, presumably those akin to yourself, would think otherwise. It's all opinion, and opinion doesn't change things.

Also, I can probably assume you "weren't speaking to a fan", you were speaking to "the creator" or whatever you said in your last post. But, same as you do, I have the rights to express my own opinion. :>
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:08 PM
VGAura
Beginning Trainer

It seems that the sprite that people wants to see is the mysterious woman.
Since you guys asked for it, here she is:

And a bonus, here's a single frame of Aster for getting second:
Spoiler:

Edit: I made the sprites 4x larger before uploading it to photobucket so they could be seen much easier but for some reason, the forums shrinks them down

Last edited by VGAura; May 14th, 2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old May 14th, 2010, 12:07 AM
The Cynic
♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGAura View Post
It seems that the sprite that people wants to see is the mysterious woman.
Since you guys asked for it, here she is:

And a bonus, here's a single frame of Aster for getting second:
Spoiler:

Edit: I made the sprites 4x larger before uploading it to photobucket so they could be seen much easier but for some reason, the forums shrinks them down

Well the mysterious woman's sprite is pretty plain but that of course adds to the mystery of her.

Aster so far looks awesome! I especially like the pokeball bandana and it would be wonderful if someone did concept art for him (I can't as I'm graphically useless).

Look forward, as ever, to Beta 3.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links