Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokémon Identity

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Whose Overworld sprite do you want to see?
??? (The mysterious woman) 29 42.65%
Aster 14 20.59%
Kaius 12 17.65%
Lilah 4 5.88%
Sadie 3 4.41%
Vivi 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old May 31st, 2010 (08:22 PM).
YEAOH!!!

Nature: Quiet
I just finished Identity a few hours ago, and I may be exaggerating a bit, but this hack is the best thing since sliced bread. Seriously, this is the best Pokemon game I've played since I brought SoulSilver. Keep up the good work!
Old June 1st, 2010 (12:21 PM).

Quote originally posted by Kip:

Spoiler:
More graphics!! I thought the logo I did before was a bit small, so I've bumped it up a few notches for you to see some more detail. I've also tried to make it look a lot darker (more stormy than overcast), and added a slogan - please tell me if it's too cheesy

I've also done some corresponding userbars for you lot too. The first one is still:

HTML Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=204403"][IMG]http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1574/identityuserbarstill.png[/IMG][/URL]
And an animated one with the slogan thing:

HTML Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=204403"][IMG]http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4530/identityuserbaranim.gif[/IMG][/URL]
Hope these are all right.
Wow thats a nice logo.
I especially like the fog, very mysterious

I never even thought about a slogan before now. I'll come up with a slogan myself but yours gave me some ideas.

Anyways, thanks for the userbars.
Old June 2nd, 2010 (02:24 AM).
Mudfish
Crystal TierEO

Nature: Rash
Quote originally posted by VGAura:
I never even thought about a slogan before now. I'll come up with a slogan myself but yours gave me some ideas.
Fair enough My one was grammatically incorrect anyway (it should be 'wake' instead of 'woke'). Here's one without the slogan for you:

TwitterBlogWeb

Old June 2nd, 2010 (04:51 AM).
as seen on YouTube

Cool hack! but maybe you should need some new tiles, that would be great!

(Please DON'T USE these images WITHOUT my permission, thanks!)

My You
Tube
Channel

I support:
Old June 2nd, 2010 (04:58 AM).
Lord of Fun

Nature: Relaxed
I have to say this hack is the greatest pokemon game i have played so far. After Platinum, SS and HG where a great disapointment and i thought that pokemon would go down hill from there. But after playing your hack, gotta say the future looking bright. Awesome hack, cant wait for the next release.

Old June 2nd, 2010 (08:46 AM).

Thanks for the new logo.

And I know I don't say this enough but thanks everyone for the comments and support.
Old June 4th, 2010 (06:51 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
Awesome hack, dude! This is by far the best pokemon hack I've ever played, and I am definitely looking forward to the when it gets finished. Keep up the good work!
If you were jetsking through the Gobi desert, and suddenly you lost a wheel, and this all happens on a Tuesday in March, then how many buttermilk pancakes does it take to cover a french doghouse in the middle of July?

Old June 16th, 2010 (10:58 AM).
Agile Beast

Nature: Calm
I'm playing this hack right now and enjoying it a lot. I'm really looking forward to the future releases! :D
Old June 19th, 2010 (01:14 AM). Edited June 19th, 2010 by LassLaura.
No, I don't want a breakfast burrito

I'm not sure if this is really worth mentioning, but Suzie keeps referring to Vixie as a she but when you trade the Hoppip for it it's a he :\

Also, if Id has this super cool robo-body, he should be able to download HM data to it like he downloaded the Pokedex and running shoes upgrades instead of having to teach it to Pokemon like usual. I think it would be a pretty neat touch and not because I hate HMs or anything >.>.
Old June 21st, 2010 (07:40 AM).

You're right, Vixie is a she
I forgot to set the Vulpix gender ratio to 100% female.

Still, you must've been pretty unlucky (or really lucky) to get male Vulpix.

Something will be done when it comes to HMs since I absolutely hate HMs too (who doesn't)
Old June 21st, 2010 (02:46 PM). Edited June 21st, 2010 by LassLaura.
No, I don't want a breakfast burrito

Quote originally posted by VGAura:
You're right, Vixie is a she
I forgot to set the Vulpix gender ratio to 100% female.

Still, you must've been pretty unlucky (or really lucky) to get male Vulpix.

Something will be done when it comes to HMs since I absolutely hate HMs too (who doesn't)
Well it wasn't from lack of trying... I saved right before the trade and reloaded like 10 times and got a male each time. Now I just pretend that Suzie never checked Vixie's gender when she got it, lol.

I'd hate HMs less if the rocks/trees/boulders stayed cut/destroyed/moved so I didn't have to lug around Pokemon that know the HM moves to get around, but hardly any hackers do that. So I think having Id download them to himself as "upgrades" would be a good idea since it eliminates the need to carry around weak Pokemon, plus Id's wanderings may take him to places were it might be illogical/inconvenient to place a Pokemon Center or pc just to allow him to withdraw his HM-taught Pokes so he can progress.

[EDIT] I almost forgot, I found a glitch right at the end of the beta. I picked up the Dig TM after the rockslide was cleared, saved & quit, reloaded my file and the TM was back. I picked it up again, saved & quit to see if I could use this glitch to get infinite TMs and the emulator froze up as my file was loading. Luckily I save-stated before I picked it the second time up or I'd have lost my file D:
Old June 21st, 2010 (02:56 PM).
The Orinj of the Mate

nice starters! I'm guessing you'll make it so ralts has an attacking attack by level 5.
Old June 23rd, 2010 (05:23 AM).

I'm not sure if this has been hit on, but if you white out during the sewer part, or leave for any reason, then come back, then the bridge is stuck at the other side. Happens in a couple places.

Other than that, really great game. I love the character development that other Pokemon games seem to lack. That's why I always liked PMD.
Old June 23rd, 2010 (06:29 AM).

how do i download the full game/ patch because i can only find the demo patch?
Old June 23rd, 2010 (07:51 AM). Edited June 23rd, 2010 by burger29.

The game isn't finished yet, I have to say that this hack is the best by far compared to the others .......oh yeah, how can I add your banner to my profile
Old June 23rd, 2010 (09:14 AM).

Sorry, the Dig TM is definitely a glitch, it's one of the things I forgot to take out before the launch of the demo.

Can you tell me where you got stuck in the sewers and whether it was before or after getting the warehouse key.
I thought I made sure you wouldn't get stuck when whiting out in the sewers.

The banners are in the front page.
Just copy the HTML code into your signature and it should work.
Old June 23rd, 2010 (10:12 PM).
beginner game designer

HACK LOOKS awsome I HOPE ITS A BIG HIT .......GOOD LUCK

Hacks i support

Old June 24th, 2010 (12:54 AM).
Dragon Green

This is awesome hack! I love the story. Just wondering, how does Machoke evolve?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 24th, 2010 (08:28 AM).
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
I found a glitch in the beta, but I encountered it and had to restart a while ago, so I'm gonna try to remember it best I can:

In that one city where there's all those slums, plus the underground sewer with all the crazy people, after you find a certain key (I think) and enter a certain room (can't remember which) where you see that Lorelei look-alike telling you're too slow or something, if you press one of those circle thingies that changes tiles AND lose to one of those crazy people in the sewer after you get the key, you'll be unable to progress further since you pressed that circle thing that changes tiles.

It's hard to explain, but if I have the patience to get that far again, I'll take pictures.
Old June 24th, 2010 (10:19 AM).
beginner game designer

this is a AWESOME hack i love the story i like the geneticaly changed starters who know tackle at level 5 (for ralts) and learn magical leaf.... love the backstabbing librarian looking girl idea...but for demo 2 do i have to go through it all over again because i saved in silver town after beating it........?
again awsome hack

Hacks i support

Old July 9th, 2010 (01:42 PM).
I'm allergic to people.

Nature: Sassy
This is a brilliant hack, I love the storyline and I especially loved going through the sewers. They had a very dark and sad feel to it and I felt so sorry for some of the people living in there. The plot twists also kept me interested in the game.

Keep up the good work. :D~
Old July 15th, 2010 (04:56 PM).
Pokemon Addict

I'm realy excited. God I need this Hack to be Finsished ASAP :L you take longer than the real gamemakers who are make the actualy pkmn games
Old July 15th, 2010 (05:16 PM).
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by LikeUberHackFan:
I'm realy excited. God I need this Hack to be Finsished ASAP :L you take longer than the real gamemakers who are make the actualy pkmn games
Jeez dude, have you ever made a hack before? Have you ever made a popular hack? If you have you would know how annoying it is to have someone breathing down your neck about progress. Relax.
Old July 15th, 2010 (08:42 PM).
Missingno. hunter

Nature: Naughty
I never would have thought that no one else would find that infinite masterball glitch for that long. In the southern part of Marine Harbor, use the walk through walls code until you see a sailor standing by a piece of old amber. Pick it up and you will get one masterball! The amber "regenerates" after one step and you can get another one every time.

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!
Old July 16th, 2010 (07:52 AM).

I wish I can complete this hack faster, I really do but the problem with making such a story centered hack is the amount of dialogue I have to come up with in the main story along with the trainer and npc dialogues that every hacker has to deal with.

Not to mention planning and scripting story events and sidequests. I don't want them to be a wall of text, so the sprites onscreen has to be doing something while they're talking.

And I do everything by myself but I'm not complaining because that means I get full control over everything in the hack.

At least I'm pretty much done with spriting up to chapter 4 so that only leaves mapping, writing, and scripting.

Sponsored Links