The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:23 PM
Rabbit
where is my mind?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Rabbit Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rabbit

Advertise here
I just went through all of the forum themes, looking for fixed-width styles (my screen is pretty big), and I found a few errors.

Wrong links:
Ralts' Dance
Route 167+
Begin, Again
When selected, these forum themes all show up as Pichu squared.

Broken:
Seeds of Platinum
The header is left-aligned, while the content is centered to screen. As a result, they are out of alignment by about 150 pixels.

dreaming again
of a train track ending at the edge of the sea
Old January 3rd, 2010, 11:48 PM
Camisado
a therapeutic chain of events

Nature: Quirky
It might help the staff or the rest of us assist with your problem if you can provide information about what browser you're using, and screenshots. =)
Old January 4th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Rabbit
where is my mind?

Send a message via AIM to Rabbit Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rabbit
I don't know if screenshots of the first three would help. You just click on the preview, and it looks like Pichu squared...

Here's a screenshot of Seeds of Platinum. It's only messed up in Google Chrome, not IE or Firefox. (Why am I using Chrome, anyway? Dunno.)

dreaming again
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Nature: Naive
Interesting, I opened Google Chrome to test these, and I had no such problem. At least not with Ralts' Dance, Route 167+, or Begin, Again. The Seeds of Platinum I do have the same problem with, however.

Perhaps the three that look like Pichu² are the fault of your computer rather than browser.
I'll check it out on Safari later.

By the way, a seeming panacea around these forums is to "clear your cookies and cache" if you have a weird problem. Try that first, might work. ;3

#077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Its hooves are 10 times harder
than diamonds. It can trample
anything completely flat in moments.

Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
Locations: Pokémon Mansion

Cry

Other names:

jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
de: Ponita
fr: Ponyta
cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)

Old January 6th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Ninja Caterpie
Sitting by the back window

Nature: Bold
Seeds of Platinum is broken for me as well.

But not the others. =|
Old January 6th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Gerri Shin
  

Nature: Modest
Ralts' Dance - Staff Only
Route 167+ - Staff and Supporter only (not sure if limited by tier, assuming all tiers accessible)
Begin, Again - Staff and Supporter only (not sure if limited by tier, assuming all tiers accessible)
When selected, these forum themes all show up as Pichu squared. - (Redirected to Pichu2 due to Pichu2 being set to the default style for the forum)

These are the reasons those appear to have broken links. Seeds of platinum, while a valid catch, has been noticed before. I'm not sure why it hasn't been fixed yet, but I'm sure the staff will get around to it at some point.
Old January 6th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

Nature: Gentle
Huh, looks like the plugin that hides styles from certain groups is broken. :\ You shouldn't be seeing a few of those in the list. I'll check on that later.

Seeds of Platinum will be fixed eventually though.
Old January 6th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Ninja Caterpie
Sitting by the back window

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerri Shin View Post
Route 167+ - Staff and Supporter only (not sure if limited by tier, assuming all tiers accessible)
Begin, Again - Staff and Supporter only (not sure if limited by tier, assuming all tiers accessible)
When selected, these forum themes all show up as Pichu squared. - (Redirected to Pichu2 due to Pichu2 being set to the default style for the forum)

These are the reasons those appear to have broken links. Seeds of platinum, while a valid catch, has been noticed before. I'm not sure why it hasn't been fixed yet, but I'm sure the staff will get around to it at some point.
That's why I can't find them. o_o
Old January 6th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Depends what needs fixing with Seeds of Platinum, really. I can't replicate ANY issues with it.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 6th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Rabbit
where is my mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerri Shin View Post
Ohh, interesting. So that mystery is solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony La View Post
Depends what needs fixing with Seeds of Platinum, really. I can't replicate ANY issues with it.
Are you viewing it with Chrome? There was just one problem - the header seems to be fixed, while the body is centered to the page. Try changing your resolution to something bigger than 768x1024.

dreaming again

Last edited by Rabbit; January 6th, 2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here