Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game
Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 22nd, 2011, 03:20 PM
LAF
:D

Advertise here
The first two HG/SS Boosters I bought, one had the top half of Lugia, the other the top half of Ho-oh

Now I just need the bottom halves
Old March 29th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Gyarados Prime
Veteran Collector

Nature: Naughty
the first 3 HGSS packs i got contained a ful Ho-Oh Legend and an ampharos prime. wasnt all that excited about the ampharos but man was i trippen over the Ho-Oh haha
Every man dies, not every man truely lives.
-William Wallace
Old April 1st, 2011, 04:26 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Depending on what Ampharos it is, it can probably be pretty useful. But that is if you're playing and not just collecting.

I got two booster packs the other day. Nothing really special, sadly. The two holos ended up being Dodrio and Carnevine, and nothing really appealed to me.
Old April 1st, 2011, 07:48 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyarados Prime View Post
the first 3 HGSS packs i got contained a ful Ho-Oh Legend and an ampharos prime. wasnt all that excited about the ampharos but man was i trippen over the Ho-Oh haha
That Conductivity PokeBody is beast if you know how to use it right. ^_^

Ho-oh LEGEND is meh for Arrest stuff, but still pretty hard to get both halves in so few packs.

Those were actually three very good packs. You should consider yourself lucky that those three were in your first three packs.

I think a couple of my packs this week contained the Raichu from HGSS Triumphant.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 02:37 AM
LAF

I bought a plethora of CoL and SUpreme Victors packs (through 3 B/W tins and a 3booster pack).

I got a Staraptor FB Lvl X and a Absol G Lvl X out of the 4 Supreme Victors packs. I had a fair few CoL packs (~10) but out of them I got both Groudons (foil, reverse foil), Gyarados (foil), Kyogre (foil), and a foil metal energy (which is apparently pretty valuable??)

I'm happy regardless, the reverse foil groudon and foil gyarados were in the same pack too :D
Old April 8th, 2011, 05:05 AM
LAF

SO I bought 100 cards (common/uncommon, no dupes) from eBay and they arrived a few days ago, I just didn't want to double post. Well I am now :D

Most of it isn't anything to phone home about, just stuff that will help me along with my collection, however I did get a French Geodude xD

Went straight to my rares/foils folder for lols
Old April 8th, 2011, 05:16 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Nice find, dude. (b'-')b

I totally forgot to post here about me finding the B/W theme decks and also buying about 15 packs at the same time I got the three theme decks. They look pretty decent for theme decks.

Also, some terminology change is coming along with the new sets and the functionality of Potion is changing to heal 30 HP instead of 20.
Old April 8th, 2011, 06:17 AM
LAF

I'll post a pic on Sunday, there is a fair on tomorrow and there's often large bags of pokemon cards donated (church fair, mostly just "grown out of it but legit" stuff), and cheap too :D

So I'll wait till after that to post.
Old April 17th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Yougirasu
Beginning Trainer

My, it's been quiet here. So how about I note my pulls from the first Black and White pre-release I've gone to (we've got a second one next week as well, so that's a bonus).

Holos:
Emboar (Inferno Fandango)
Klinklang

Rev Holos:
Zoroark
Reshiram
Sandile
Simipour
Ducklett
Serperior (Royal Heal)
Servine
Deerling

Rares:
Mandibuzz
Scrafty
Darmanitan
Swanna
Sawsbuck
Maractus

I put the abilities next to my Serperior and Emboar since there are 2 different version of both pokemon, 1 with an Ability and 1 without. As you can see, decent pulls (although Serperior was unused in the tournament due to me not pulling a Snivy and I didn't get one in the 2 extra packs as well) but someone there pulled 2 Ultra Rare Reshiram one in his original 6 boosters and the other in his extra 2.
Old April 21st, 2011, 06:47 AM
institutions
ain't that a kick in the head?

Nature: Relaxed
Wow, this section of the forum is completely dead, lol.
Anyways, I recently got back into collecting (not playing) thanks to Primetimepokemon's and pokepic's videos D:
I'm starting from scratch, since all the cards I had as a kid were lost.

I bought a fossil booster box (my favorite set, also loaded with nostalgia) and it came yesterday.
So far i've opened 24 of the packs (i'm trying to make the awesome last as long as possible) but I promised my brother i'd wait for him to get home from school to open the other 12.

So far the rares i've gotten are:
Holo = Aerodactyl, Articuno, Ditto, Dragonite, Gengar, Haunter, Kabutops, Magneton, and Raichu.
Non-Holo = All except Aerodactyl and Muk.

So to complete the set all I need is those two non-holos and then a holographic Hitmonlee, Hypno, Lapras, Moltres, Muk, and Zapdos.

I really want a Base Set or Jungle booster box, but the Base Set one is sooo expensive and the Jungle one is more than i'd like to spend.
Raptr | Last.fm | Steam | My Anime List
waifu = mio akiyama
Old April 21st, 2011, 07:56 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I brought two boosters of Black and White today, in the first pack I got the rare Zekrom check it out;
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7584/hni0052.jpg
(pokeamvstudio is my youtube channel xD)

Anyone know the names of these cards? Like prime, Lv x, ex etc..
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

Old April 21st, 2011, 04:53 PM
LAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by institutions View Post
Anyways, I recently got back into collecting (not playing) thanks to Primetimepokemon's and pokepic's videos D:
Yeah it's unfortunate

I got back into through pokecollection's vids, and I've started my own channel now too :D
Old April 21st, 2011, 05:02 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by institutions View Post

I bought a fossil booster box (my favorite set, also loaded with nostalgia) and it came yesterday.
So far i've opened 24 of the packs (i'm trying to make the awesome last as long as possible) but I promised my brother i'd wait for him to get home from school to open the other 12.

So far the rares i've gotten are:
Holo = Aerodactyl, Articuno, Ditto, Dragonite, Gengar, Haunter, Kabutops, Magneton, and Raichu.
Non-Holo = All except Aerodactyl and Muk.

So to complete the set all I need is those two non-holos and then a holographic Hitmonlee, Hypno, Lapras, Moltres, Muk, and Zapdos.

I really want a Base Set or Jungle booster box, but the Base Set one is sooo expensive and the Jungle one is more than i'd like to spend.
I think it's pretty cool that you found a Fossil Booster box, though it's worth more unopened than having the complete set is right now. :x I don't blame ya for wanting to open the packs, though. Unopened packs are just too tantalizing to me and I often just have to open them. It's the thrill of the pack! |D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
I brought two boosters of Black and White today, in the first pack I got the rare Zekrom check it out;
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7584/hni0052.jpg
(pokeamvstudio is my youtube channel xD)

Anyone know the names of these cards? Like prime, Lv x, ex etc..
I have no idea what those will be called. According to the Bulbapedia article on the set, they are just very rare foils, but the foil patterns are quite inspired by the LEGEND cards from the HGSS sets. They're just special versions of their rare holo counterparts.

As for myself, I bought these five off of eBay:

Rocket's Moltres First Edition Gym Heroes
Spoiler:

Gardevoir Lv. X Secret Wonders, Mewtwo Base Set and Sabrina's Gengar Gym Heroes
Spoiler:

Japanese Dark Alakazam Team Rocket, Mewtwo Vending Machine (supposedly an error version, got more pics of it in the next spoiler - not necessarily any higher quality because I can't keep my hands still)
Spoiler:

More vending machine Mewtwo
Spoiler:

And some of the rares/more interesting cards from my most recent bunch of packs bought:

HGSS Triumphant:
Banette (reverse foil)
Ditto
Black Belt (reverse foil)
Rapidash
Black Belt

HGSS Undaunted:
Darkness Energy (Special Energy)
Umbreon (reverse foil)
Vileplume
Sage's Training
Raichu (Prime)
Vespiquen

Call of Legends:
Lost Remover
Bayleef (reverse foil)
Tyrogue
Interviewer's Questions
Darkness Energy (Special Energy)
Ampharos (reverse foil)
Ninetales

Platinum Supreme Victors:
Spiritomb C
Drifblim FB (reverse foil)
Chimecho

Platinum:
Crobat G
Cacnea (reverse foil)
Blissey
Looker's Investigation

So now I have a lot of that wonderful Roast Reveal Ninetales thanks to Call of Legends re-releasing it. ^_^;;
Old May 2nd, 2011, 07:54 AM
bouttifull
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bouttifull
These are my first packs, from since i was a kid

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Awwwwh, that Ledian thingy is sooo cute lol

x
Old May 2nd, 2011, 08:15 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Nice! Double Blastoise in the Platinum pack! :D

That's seriously some pretty good luck, in my opinion. I quite like playing with the Platinum Blastoise in decks.

You got a couple other pretty good cards, too, in your other packs!
Old May 2nd, 2011, 08:56 AM
bouttifull
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bouttifull
Yay , Blastoises !

that seems to be my lucky set lol
so ill get a box
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:39 AM
LAF

I just opened another Snivy Preview tin, got a Charizard G LVL X from the Platinum SV pack, a foil Aggron from the HS Triumphant pack, and a foil Espeon from one of the CoL packs :D
Old May 4th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Scottjwilson87
Scotty

Nature: Calm
I got a 6 Black and White boosters the other day and my best pulls were -

Maractus
Meganium
Holo Serperior
Reverse Holo Serperior
Magmortar
Reverse Holo Magmortar
Holo Celebi
Holo Reshiram
Reverse Holo Duosion
Old May 5th, 2011, 02:04 AM
LAF

I opened a Zoroark box tonight, nothing spectacular but I got two foils from the Call of Legends pack (Umbreon and Houndoom), and a reverse Gyarados, which means I now have, from CoL, both versions of Groudon and Gyarados, and I think nearly every foil card :D

I have a B/W Booster Box on my shelf which I'm opening tomorrow, pretty excited!!
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Azure Rathalδs
WOOP WOOP WOOP
Community Supporter

Managed to get me the Zekrom tin booster box, and I got the rare Reshiram card, and few holographic cards. By the way, anybody find Purrlion's card artwork strange?

| TuMbLr [X] | ReViEwBlOg [X] |
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:26 PM
LAF

Opened my B/W Booster Box today, obviously it was all pretty good, but notably I got both the reverse and foil versions of both Emboar cards, and I got both reverse and normal versions of Klink, Klang, and Klingklang. Got both the fullcard holos but not the Pikachu, and I'm pretty disappointed that I only got one Serperior, I wanted to build a Snivy deck but looks like it's going to be a Tepig deck for now. Least I can use Reshiram in that :D

There are two cards I have the reverse of but not the normal version, both rares:
Samurott (32)
Bouffalant (91)

All I am now missing:
Serperior (6)
Liepard (67)
Water Energy (107)
Pikachu (115)

So overall it was pretty good if I am only missing 4 cards. Obviously there are still lots of reverses to get, but I was lucky not to get any duplicate reverses so I'm on track there too!

You heard it here first, it's not on Youtube for 2 weeks yet
Old May 9th, 2011, 08:24 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

I bought my first round of B/W boosters today... I think I pulled 2 or 3 Zekrom as the rare out of 8 of the packs, and I know I got the special foil version of it in a different pack.
Old May 31st, 2011, 02:53 PM
Xilfer
'twas fun.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
It was a long time ago, (2 years) but i did get really lucky on a booster pack once.

In the booster pack, i found a Very Rare Holofoil Luxray, LV51. I also found Luxio but no Shinx

Anway, in that same booster pack, There was Shaymin LVX. And a 2 Piplup+Prinplup. Unfortunatly no Empoleon.

In the second booster pack, i obtained LV52 Crush Grip Regigigas and a Regirock (RIP) I also obtained Team Galatic's LV45 Houndoom and two Unown, J and ?
I also got LV42 Lucario but no Riolu

And, uh, that's it. Now shoo!
Presently gone from PC. Not sure if I'll ever return.

Last edited by Xilfer; May 31st, 2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old May 31st, 2011, 08:07 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilfer123 View Post
It was a long time ago, (2 years) but i did get really lucky on a booster pack once.

In the booster pack, i found a Very Rare Holofoil Luxray, LV51. I also found Luxio but no Shinx :(

Anway, in that same booster pack, There was Shaymin LVX. And a 2 Piplup+Prinplup. Unfortunatly no Empoleon. :(
Well, considering that, with your best luck, you can only get two rares or rare holofoils in a pack, you couldn't get any more rares in that pack since you already had Shaymin Lv. X and Luxray in there. (b'-')b

Anyway, last round of B/W packs I bought, I pulled a surprising amount of Zekrom. I think I got 4 in 10 total packs. XD; Waaaay too many.
Old May 31st, 2011, 09:39 PM
LAF

Zekrom fullcard or normal? I've got a Victini Box, Album box, and the tins on my shelf. I need the Pikachu, a Water Energy, Samurott nonAbility, Serperior Ability, and Bouffalant rare. Plus reverses of course, lots of them.

CMON!!!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here