The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.


Advertise here

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old June 1st, 2011, 05:36 PM
Raikou Trainer's Avatar
Raikou Trainer
Competitive Pokemon TCG player
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male

Advertise here
Normally I don't post in this thread, but my luck today makes this an exception. Anyway, found some loose HGSS packs at K-mart, and bought 9 of them (that's all they had left, sadly). I notably pulled these:

1 DCE
1 Pokemon Communication
1 Cleffa (I hear it'll be good next format, hint hint!)
1 Ninetales holo
1 Donphan Prime
1 Lugia Legend (top)
and TWO Ho-oh Legend (bottom)!

No Collectors, but hey, still awesome pulls for 9 random packs!

Something interesting to note, with the Ho-oh pieces I got today, I now have 5 bottom halves of Ho-oh, and only two top halves. Weird, huh?
__________________
I am a Pokemon TCG expert and official Pokemon Professor, so PM if you need help with anything TCG-related.

Placed 394th out of 1003 Masters at Nationals! Not bad for my first ever Nationals!

Reply With Quote
  #77    
Old July 5th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Samurai★Rocket's Avatar
Samurai★Rocket
Yamato Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
One day I went to the store and picked up the only 2 HS Triumphant packs there and pulled a Magnezone Prime from one of them!
__________________
samurairocket
signature currently under construction

Reply With Quote
  #78    
Old July 5th, 2011, 10:50 AM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai★Rocket View Post
One day I went to the store and picked up the only 2 HS Triumphant packs there and pulled a Magnezone Prime from one of them!
The price of those will just keep on rising.

That said, I think I pulled a Magnezone Prime in one of my recent booster packs, myself.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #79    
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Samurai★Rocket's Avatar
Samurai★Rocket
Yamato Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
The price of those will just keep on rising.

That said, I think I pulled a Magnezone Prime in one of my recent booster packs, myself.
Professor-Oak.com is selling them for $45 but I think that is way to much. Who knows, maybe someone would actually pay $45 for a single card.
__________________
samurairocket
signature currently under construction

Reply With Quote
  #80    
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:38 AM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai★Rocket View Post
Professor-Oak.com is selling them for $45 but I think that is way to much. Who knows, maybe someone would actually pay $45 for a single card.
That's actually about what they're going for on eBay at the moment. It's because it's got so much potential right now in competitive play.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #81    
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Samurai★Rocket's Avatar
Samurai★Rocket
Yamato Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
I also once bought a pack with two Triumphant and a Platinum pack and got a Palkia and Dialga Legend from one of the Triumphant pakcs and a Shaymin holographic from the Platinum pack.
__________________
samurairocket
signature currently under construction

Reply With Quote
  #82    
Old July 13th, 2011, 06:29 AM
poap555's Avatar
poap555
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Gender: Female
How funny i saw this thread..
i've bought 25 booster packs (wich where only 1 euro each!) <-- Lucky ^.^
The pulls weren't that great at all =/
My best 2 cards from these packs where:
Staraptor Lv x
Milotic (SHINY)
I was pretty excited when i saw the milotic.
But too bad no gold star..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83    
Old July 13th, 2011, 06:49 AM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by poap555 View Post
How funny i saw this thread..
i've bought 25 booster packs (wich where only 1 euro each!) <-- Lucky ^.^
The pulls weren't that great at all =/
My best 2 cards from these packs where:
Staraptor Lv x
Milotic (SHINY)
I was pretty excited when i saw the milotic.
But too bad no gold star..
Not bad packs, considering gold star (more commonly called Shining Pokemon) cards were only printed in some Advanced Generation sets. They weren't printed at all in any set afterward.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84    
Old July 14th, 2011, 09:47 AM
systemskill's Avatar
systemskill
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: Male
Bought my first two packs since I was in middle school and I pulled a Reshiram and a Charizard. I took this as a sign that I need to start playing again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85    
Old July 14th, 2011, 05:12 PM
TheCondor's Avatar
TheCondor
Noblesse oblige
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Female
Nature: Hardy
I just recently bought a Black and White pack, and ended up getting a full art Zekrom. I don't plan on running a ZPS deck any time soon, but the card itself looks fantastic. Also pulled a Gengar prime a few weeks ago.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #86    
Old July 14th, 2011, 11:40 PM
LAF
:D
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCondor View Post
I just recently bought a Black and White pack, and ended up getting a full art Zekrom. I don't plan on running a ZPS deck any time soon, but the card itself looks fantastic. Also pulled a Gengar prime a few weeks ago.
Yeah they're pretty cool, I can't wait for the English Red Collection Fullarts, they're fantastic (unlike the Emerging Powers fullarts )
Reply With Quote
  #87    
Old July 18th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Pyur
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: Male
Just bought about $20 worth of Booster packs at $2 each from my local card shop. Pulled a Magnezone prime, amongst others. I love when splurges pay for themselves.
Reply With Quote
  #88    
Old July 25th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Pyur
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: Male
Bought 8 or so Triumphant boosters today. Pulled a Nidoking reverse, a Drapion reverse, an Absol Prime, a Machamp Prime, AND the half of the Palkia/Dialga Legend set that I was missing. Crazy day!

Last edited by Pyur; July 25th, 2011 at 02:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #89    
Old July 26th, 2011, 10:40 PM
PapaLuLu27's Avatar
PapaLuLu27
I SPRITE THINGS AM I COOL NOW.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Nature: Docile
Pretty much bought my first pack of real cards the other day (I've always gotten fake cards for sake of cheapness and the way you can use them in friendly matches anyway) It was a Call of Legends bonus booster from the Retort theme deck and I pulled;
Sage's Training
Phanpy
Relicanth
Cyndaquil
Pidgey
RH Koffing
H Magmortar
Lost Remover
Chikorita
Flareon
Which is pretty cool cause I can use Relicanth with the Lucario in the theme deck.
__________________

-Pokémon Chicken! It will probably never come.-
So instead~ Enjoy this;
Pokémon Sienna - where the epic stuff lies.
♥ Hacks - I sprite everything myself ♥
Thing in my avatar is mine and only mine. You take I shoot. You.
Reply With Quote
  #90    
Old July 27th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Pyur
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: Male
Bought 2 Black and White booster packs today, and pulled a full art Zekrom! I've been having absolutely insane pulls lately.
Reply With Quote
  #91    
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Gamekrazy's Avatar
Gamekrazy
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Gender:
I got a full art Zekrom today. Needless to say, im happy :3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #92    
Old August 5th, 2011, 07:17 AM
brownkidd's Avatar
brownkidd
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Reading, PA
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Got a shiny Zoroark and shiny Darmanitan in the same pack today. Didn't even know it was possible to get two shinies in a pack!
__________________
A Little Bit On The Awesome Side - Geek Sh*t for cool kids.
Reply With Quote
  #93    
Old August 5th, 2011, 02:51 PM
LAF
:D
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownkidd View Post
Got a shiny Zoroark and shiny Darmanitan in the same pack today. Didn't even know it was possible to get two shinies in a pack!
I think you mean reverse Darmanitan and foil Zoroark? Yes, you get a reverse and a rare every pack
Reply With Quote
  #94    
Old August 6th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Tanaki's Avatar
Tanaki
←Lazy ADHD Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Corombasu, Ohayo!
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
I bought 3 Reshiram tins, and pulled 3 Full-Art Zekroms. I bought 3 Zekrom tins and pulled 2 Regular Reshirams and a Reverse one. So no full Reshirams. My bro buys 1 tin and pulls it.

FML, man.

Other than that, after Splurging on BW cards, I managed to pull:
K/G Legend Bottom
Lugia Legend Top
R/S Legend Bottom(In the same blister as Lugia)
Raichu Prime(With a bonus Vileplume)
Crobat Prime
Roserade UL(Reg and Reverse in the same pack, first time ever)
Feraligatr Prime(My brother bought a pack 5 minutes later and pulled one, too)

And much more junk...
__________________

White: 0433-0461-0045
Soulsilver: 1334-9895-4497
Reply With Quote
  #95    
Old August 6th, 2011, 09:58 PM
LAF
:D
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanaki View Post
I bought 3 Reshiram tins, and pulled 3 Full-Art Zekroms. I bought 3 Zekrom tins and pulled 2 Regular Reshirams and a Reverse one. So no full Reshirams. My bro buys 1 tin and pulls it.

FML, man.

Other than that, after Splurging on BW cards, I managed to pull:
K/G Legend Bottom
Lugia Legend Top
R/S Legend Bottom(In the same blister as Lugia)
Raichu Prime(With a bonus Vileplume)
Crobat Prime
Roserade UL(Reg and Reverse in the same pack, first time ever)
Feraligatr Prime(My brother bought a pack 5 minutes later and pulled one, too)

And much more junk...
Wow, I've opened heaps of BW stuff (incl 5 tins) and pulled 5 full Reshirams and only one full Zekrom, and it was the guaranteed booster box one
Reply With Quote
  #96    
Old August 7th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Tanaki's Avatar
Tanaki
←Lazy ADHD Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Corombasu, Ohayo!
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAF View Post
Wow, I've opened heaps of BW stuff (incl 5 tins) and pulled 5 full Reshirams and only one full Zekrom, and it was the guaranteed booster box one
Just hit up my local league today, and some guy randomly got a pack and pulled one. Craziness.
__________________

White: 0433-0461-0045
Soulsilver: 1334-9895-4497
Reply With Quote
  #97    
Old August 7th, 2011, 08:39 PM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 23
I pulled 4 Zekroms and 1 FA Zekrom in my first rounds of B/W boosters. I got a couple Reshi tins the other day, and I end up pulling an additional 2 Reshi in the packs from those tins. So I totally have all the components I need for Outrage.dec or ReshiPhlosion. Crazy, huh?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #98    
Old August 8th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Tanaki's Avatar
Tanaki
←Lazy ADHD Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Corombasu, Ohayo!
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
I pulled 4 Zekroms and 1 FA Zekrom in my first rounds of B/W boosters. I got a couple Reshi tins the other day, and I end up pulling an additional 2 Reshi in the packs from those tins. So I totally have all the components I need for Outrage.dec or ReshiPhlosion. Crazy, huh?
It's the same deck formula I run, and it's SOOO much better than Reshiboar. After buying heaps of BW packs and grabbing up some Emboars I found myself being called back to Typhlosion. It makes me wish I could still find the tins at places that don't sell them at $20-25 with no price drops.
__________________

White: 0433-0461-0045
Soulsilver: 1334-9895-4497
Reply With Quote
  #99    
Old August 8th, 2011, 02:14 PM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanaki View Post
It's the same deck formula I run, and it's SOOO much better than Reshiboar. After buying heaps of BW packs and grabbing up some Emboars I found myself being called back to Typhlosion. It makes me wish I could still find the tins at places that don't sell them at $20-25 with no price drops.
I got all mine way back in May 2010 before it got big because I liked it and Ninetales way back then.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #100    
Old August 8th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Tanaki's Avatar
Tanaki
←Lazy ADHD Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Corombasu, Ohayo!
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
I got all mine way back in May 2010 before it got big because I liked it and Ninetales way back then.
Same here, actually. I stopped playing and got into collecting, and I wanted as many HGSS Ninetales as I could get. I decided I wanted to get back into playing the game, so I actually formed my deck around Ninetales, with Typhlosion as his best synergy and Charizard as the attacker. I mainly run a fire deck now because of Ninetales.
__________________

White: 0433-0461-0045
Soulsilver: 1334-9895-4497
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.