The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 8th, 2011, 09:53 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Advertise here
Thing is, after trading with a trader for a couple Ninetales back then, I started pulling them out of boosters regularly, haha.
Old August 13th, 2011, 11:44 PM
mrmakeitabud
Beginning Trainer

I bought a box of Base a month ago and got 2 charizards, 1 venusaur, and 1 blastoise =D
Old August 14th, 2011, 06:40 AM
UDC
[insertusertitlehere]

Nature: Quiet
Today I bought 2 boosters, undaunted and EX power keepers.
Ex power keepers was really disappointing- the best card I got from that was a ninetails. Meh.
Undaunted though, gave me the top of kyorge and groudon legend
Old August 14th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Canadian Guy
Yeah, I'm a Canuck.

Nature: Mild
Kinda have a dilemma on whether or not to open the 4 Heart Gold/Soul Silver booster packs I've bought a couple of months ago @ some rundown Plaza Mall around my way. How much are the earlier sets like Base, Jungle, Fossil, etc going for now? would it be worth holding onto these booster sets I have now since they're kinda fourth generation? (I think?)

Lemme know.
Old August 14th, 2011, 09:09 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

I'd open them, personally, on the off-chance you pull some LEGEND card pieces or a Alph Lithograph, which can catch $5-$10 on the low end.
Old August 14th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Canadian Guy
Yeah, I'm a Canuck.

Nature: Mild
OK, cool.

Yeah, guess it wouldn't be worth much to maintain the quality of the booster packs over the years (or decade) only to get a few measly bucks more profit, huh.

Well alright, thanks.
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:21 PM
123wert50
Pokemon Master

Nature: Calm
Out of a box of TR:

Yanmega
Few Alph Lithos
Some Legends
3 Zone

Happy about Yanmega and Zone.
Old August 28th, 2011, 04:54 PM
legendarypokemon
He has multiple Personalities

Nature: Jolly
Hey guy \s first time posting here, and I recently bought the above deck. I think it was a good choice because in the bonus booster pack, I got a shiny groudon, Any thoughts on my luck?
Old August 28th, 2011, 05:10 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123wert50 View Post
Out of a box of TR:

Yanmega
Few Alph Lithos
Some Legends
3 Zone

Happy about Yanmega and Zone.
Did ya sell those 'zone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendarypokemon View Post
Hey guy \s first time posting here, and I recently bought the above deck. I think it was a good choice because in the bonus booster pack, I got a shiny groudon, Any thoughts on my luck?
Moving your thread to the booster thread, since this post fits in their quite clearly since you're asking about your booster.

I think it was interesting luck. Probably would've been a better luck pack if you pulled a piece of a LEGEND card, but that's just from my vantage point, since you could've sold the LEGEND piece and gone out and gotten another pack. :P
Old August 30th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Raikou Trainer
Competitive Pokemon TCG player

I was at Walmart today and picked up 6 Emerging Powers packs (yes, this Walmart had them out a day early). I got no Catchers, but got TWO full art Tornadus AND a full art Thundurus. Ironically, the Tornadus both came out of Tornadus packs...

Placed 394th out of 1003 Masters at Nationals! Not bad for my first ever Nationals!

Old August 30th, 2011, 08:55 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

That's some crazy luck there.

I recently pulled a top half to Palkia and Dialga LEGEND, but that's about it for notable pulls.
Old September 6th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Charliezard
A wild shroomish appeared!

Opened my first booster box today, HGSS set. Well, it was a blister box, actually...
Anyway, I got
Lugia Legend - Bottom
Ho-Oh Legend - Top After I pulled the Lugia I joked to my bro that I'd pull the top of Ho-Oh... then I did.
Uxie lv X from the legends awakened packets
and
Feraligatr, Meganium, Typhlosion, Donphan and Ampharos primes

I only just got back into the cards really and I got that box because I thought they looked the coolest (I don't plan on going to tournaments and the Black and White cards don't really interest me)...
Old September 6th, 2011, 08:49 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Shame you didn't buy back in February or March. That Uxie Lv. X might've gotten you upwards of $40. I think now it'll only get you $10-$15, which is still nothing to sneeze at for a card. Though this is in US dollars.
Old September 20th, 2011, 09:43 AM
ComaCalm
Beginning Trainer

I got a HS Triumphant booster today with Bellsprout, Illumise, Spoink, Volbeat, Kricketot, Electabuzz,Yanmega, Magneton, Banette and a Shiny Mew! I only know half of these guys but they're cute! Now to work out what the Ex and X things are that I keep seeing...
Old September 21st, 2011, 02:23 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaCalm View Post
I got a HS Triumphant booster today with Bellsprout, Illumise, Spoink, Volbeat, Kricketot, Electabuzz,Yanmega, Magneton, Banette and a Shiny Mew! I only know half of these guys but they're cute! Now to work out what the Ex and X things are that I keep seeing...
That Yanmega is a nice pull! It could fetch you around $20-$25 or so because it has serious play value in competitive play right now.

Are you just a collector or do you intend on playing in tournaments, too? What you would need to know as a collector is that ex and Lv. X were special rare cards printed in the ex sets (sets tied into the third generation games) and Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum sets (sets tied into the first three fourth generation games), respectively. If you are a player, ex cards are souped-up versions of their normal counterparts and supplant that Pokemon on the evolutionary chain, whereas Lv. X cards, while being souped-up versions of their counterparts, "Level Up" from their counterparts instead (basically, they "evolve" without actually "evolving").
Old November 3rd, 2011, 06:24 AM
AquaticWartortle
Teh Best Wartortle

Nature: Quiet
A while ago I got 2 tornadus' (1 Supereme rare & one reverse holo out of an Emerging Powers booster pack. Then a week or two ago I found another Tornadus Supreme holo in a pack!:D

Credits: XxXRy0MaEcHiZenXxX
Old December 24th, 2011, 03:19 PM
pkolaboy
Beginning Trainer

I just bought The samurott tin and this is what I pulled Groudon Holo, Zangoose, Banette, Unfezant, Krookodile reverse holo, Beartic, Klang reverse holo, and Darmanitan. Forget which packs they came out of. I am guessing the Groudon is the best pull I got? The link is here http://www.pokemon.com/us/trading-ca...ries/col1/SL4/

Last edited by pkolaboy; December 27th, 2011 at 12:28 AM.
Old January 4th, 2012, 11:43 PM
pkolaboy
Beginning Trainer

So I bought 24 packs of the Black and White pokemon and this is what I uncovered (I hope I am allowed to post pics).

The mess lol.

All the rares.

Zekroms full art.

Emboars.
Old January 5th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Renpuu
Gengar !

Nice Black and white box, I got a full holo Zekrom and Reshiram when I bought mine a while back. How many Professor Junipers did you get from that box and any rev holo trainers ?
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:57 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

I see someone got the Damage Swap Reuniclus. The ability Emboar is the best of the Emboar cards at the moment.

And here are all my boosters from the past month...

Currently legal sets:
Black & White
Noble Victories
Emerging Powers
HeartGoldSoulSilver
HS Undaunted
HS Unleashed
HS Triumphant
Call of Legends
The Furious Knights theme deck from the Noble Victories set

Good pulls/rares from the above sets
BW - Sawk, reverse foil Energy Switch
Emerging Powers - Virizion, reverse foil Roggenrola, Pokemon Catcher, Simipour, Pokemon Catcher, reverse foil Roggenrola, reverse foil Simipour, Tornadus
Noble Victories - reverse foil Vanillish, Druddigon, Rocky Helmet, reverse foil Golurk, Super Rod, N, Lilligant, reverse foil Shelmet, Reuniclus
HGSS - Engineer's Adjustments, Politoed, reverse foil Energy Returner

Non-tournament legal sets:
Supreme Victors
Arceus

Good pulls/rares from these sets
Supreme Victors - Relicanth (SH8), Solrock
Arceus - Aerodactyl, Arceus (AR2 - the grass one)

And then the theme deck had some interesting cards as well, primarily another N and then two Eelectrik.
Old January 5th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Adamina
Beginning Trainer

Just bought some B&W boosters (and one HGSS it turns out) - 4 B&W and 1 HGSS (and a deck, but what you get in the decks in set, so ).

I don't know what's 'rare' or whatever (just recently getting back into this), but these are the holographic ones:

Shiny Copycat and Pokemon Catcher
Beartic with shiny behind him
Rayquaza with shiny pink bit
Braviary
Throh
Excadrill

Any of those interesting?
Old January 5th, 2012, 01:15 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Seems like you got more than just boosters for the base B&W set. You must've gotten an Emerging Powers one as well since you have Beartic and Pokemon Catcher, both of which are pretty interesting cards.

And you must've gotten a Call of Legends booster (which, technically, isn't a part of the HGSS series, just a filler set), since you have a Rayquaza there. Does the Rayquaza have a silver card border or a yellow one?
Old January 5th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Adamina
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
Seems like you got more than just boosters for the base B&W set. You must've gotten an Emerging Powers one as well since you have Beartic and Pokemon Catcher, both of which are pretty interesting cards.

And you must've gotten a Call of Legends booster (which, technically, isn't a part of the HGSS series, just a filler set), since you have a Rayquaza there. Does the Rayquaza have a silver card border or a yellow one?
Woops, yes, Emerging Powers and Call of Legends (my mistake). It has a yellow border.
Old January 5th, 2012, 01:44 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Ah. So it's not the secret rare version.
Old January 5th, 2012, 04:26 PM
pkolaboy
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renpuu View Post
Nice Black and white box, I got a full holo Zekrom and Reshiram when I bought mine a while back. How many Professor Junipers did you get from that box and any rev holo trainers ?
I only recieved one professor Juniper. Rev. trainers: potion, switch, energy retrieval, and plus power. I was hoping for at least one Samurott but No Bueno. I now have at least 6 Darmanitans lol. I am kind of surprised because I was expecting a more spread of pokemon but I recieved a ton of the same ones including like 12 timburr and 8 swoobat. I purchased these packs off ebay for $41.00 and they were actually the single packs. I am not sure if they are one of the first packs to come out because they did not include the PokemonTCG code card.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here