Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 5th, 2012 (04:33 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

The original Black & White boosters didn't come with a code. Only Emerging Powers and Noble Victories boosters come with codes, and you have to buy a booster box of B&W to get a booster code from that set. Every theme deck since Black & White came out does have a code, though.

And certain cards are more common in certain areas than others because of how they distribute packs.
Old January 6th, 2012 (12:30 AM).
pkolaboy
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by pkolaboy:
I just bought The samurott tin and this is what I pulled Groudon Holo, Zangoose, Banette, Unfezant, Krookodile reverse holo, Beartic, Klang reverse holo, and Darmanitan. Forget which packs they came out of. I am guessing the Groudon is the best pull I got? The link is here http://www.pokemon.com/us/trading-cards/database/hgss-series/col1/SL4/

The Groudon is a Shiny Legend from the "Call of legends".
Old January 9th, 2012 (12:11 PM).
Boomburst
tumblr famous doesn't count
Community Supporter

Just got a Samurott Tin today and got nothing noteworthy except for a few holo cards. The tin and figurine that comes with it is very nice though.
#714 Noibat
Supporter Collab January 2015
TUMBLR.
REVIEW BLOG.

Old January 9th, 2012 (04:10 PM).
pkolaboy
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Para-Dox:
Just got a Samurott Tin today and got nothing noteworthy except for a few holo cards. The tin and figurine that comes with it is very nice though.

I was surpised of how sharp the Samurott figurine is! lol it could easily puncture your skin...
Old January 9th, 2012 (05:00 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

I was surpised of how sharp the Samurott figurine is! lol it could easily puncture your skin...
Yeah, if you're not careful they can poke your eye out!

Says the man who's got 8 of them stuffed away in a ziplock bag in a drawer just waiting to prick my fingers when I dig through the drawer.
Old January 11th, 2012 (02:28 PM).
Adamina
Beginning Trainer

Got three boosters today, two Emerging Powers and a Noble Victories. I got a holo Darumaka and a Darmanitan, a Hydreigon with shiny lines behind it, a holo Sewaddle, a Beartic, and Swanna, and an Xtransceiver. Any of those interesting?
Old January 11th, 2012 (10:54 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Depends on whether you plan on playing competitively or not. Though Hydreigon and Beartic are pretty good cards for those who play casually.
Old January 11th, 2012 (11:20 PM).
pkolaboy
Beginning Trainer

Bought a Seperior tin today and pulled yet another full art zekrom along with a nice leafeon.
Old January 12th, 2012 (10:36 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Got several packs over the last few days myself. Got an Eviolite finally. And a full art Thundurus.
Old January 13th, 2012 (01:46 AM).
pkolaboy
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by donavannj:
Got several packs over the last few days myself. Got an Eviolite finally. And a full art Thundurus.
I actually have two full art thundurus and a regular thundurous, surprised I pulled them! I traded someone a catcher for a hydreigon this past wednesday and I want their other one. I have three full art zekrom, what would be a good trade for one of them?
Old January 13th, 2012 (02:12 AM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

I actually have two full art thundurus and a regular thundurous, surprised I pulled them! I traded someone a catcher for a hydreigon this past wednesday and I want their other one. I have three full art zekrom, what would be a good trade for one of them?
Look up the monetary value of one and see if any cards you want are a similar price.
Old January 16th, 2012 (08:43 AM).
Charliza
Eliza

Nature: Quirky
The past weeks I bought a few packs, these are a few of what I got;

BW:EP Reverse Holo Krookodile
BW:EP Holo Krookodile -comes standard with the theme deck-
BW:EP Reverse Holo Ferrothorn
BW:EP Holo Terrakion
BW:NV Reverse Holo Golurk
BW:NV Leavanny
Lilligant of both versions.

Are any of these very interesting regarding worth or are they good to use for TCG, maybe particularly against other cards?

Oh and a question, when can you say your collections is officially complete? When you have all the -first edition- sets? Or do you need every holo and reverse holo edition as well? Or is that up to yourself?
Old January 16th, 2012 (11:01 AM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

What a complete collection is would be up to yourself, but having one of every card in a set technically counts as a complete set.

The Emerging Powers Lilligant has some potential (as do all of them, but Lilligant more so than the others) because of its first attack.
Old January 18th, 2012 (01:04 AM).
pkolaboy
Beginning Trainer

Bought another serperior tin the other day and pulled nothing special, trying to complete the the ZPST deck.

-Umbreon COL (HOLO)
-Grumpig Triumphant (Reverse)
-Gothitelle EP
-Verizion EP (HOLO)
-Electrive Triumphant
-Sawk BW (Rare)
-PONT, Twins, & Cheren

All and all not really good pull.

The Card store I buy from did not have any Emboar tins which kind of shocked me. Target on the other hand had five lol. Target obviously being more expensive so I passed.
Old January 18th, 2012 (01:42 PM).
PetalDanceD

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PetalDanceD
Hi all; Is buying 36 booster packs of the base set worthwhile for AU $395 (free postage). generally it looks as though i am saving 3-5 dollars a pack from other sellers who are asking 13-15 dollars a pack including postage to Australia.
Old January 18th, 2012 (10:35 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

My guess is that it would be a better deal in your case, though those dollar amounts do sound a bit high for single boosters from the earlier sets.
Old January 19th, 2012 (12:53 AM).
PetalDanceD

Thanks mate, Will weigh up the pro's and con's.
Old January 20th, 2012 (10:15 PM).
Prons
Boogiepop Penguin

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Prons Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Prons Send a message via Skype™ to Prons
Got my first theme deck and booster pack in over a decade!

I got the toxic tricks theme deck and haven't been beaten on TCGOnline yet. I really like the Scolipede card.

My Emerging Powers booster came with some nice cards, including a reverse holo (That's when the card is shiny but the picture isn't, right?) of Audnio and a full-card art Tornadus. I don't know how rare or not rare they are, but they're cool looking.

I assume they don't, but I just wanted to confirm, the HS4 theme decks don't come with codes to be played on Pokemon TCGO, correct? They're on Amazon cheap right now, but 99% of my playing is probably going to be online, if not I'll probably save up and get more EP Boosters and the other theme deck
Old January 20th, 2012 (11:58 PM).
PetalDanceD

Bought 1 jungle booster, 5 fossils and 6 base set boosters along with 3 or 4 theme decks

I'll have Vaporeon, Gyarados, Muk, Lapras, Charizard, Machamp, Blastoise & Hitmonchan holo cards plus whatever i get in the boosters.
Old January 21st, 2012 (10:49 AM).
Prons
Boogiepop Penguin

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Prons Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Prons Send a message via Skype™ to Prons
Jungle boosters! That brings me back, 90% of my old cards are jungle cards.
Old January 29th, 2012 (12:10 AM).
pkolaboy
Beginning Trainer

I bought 2 emboar tins at Target and pulled only two good cards which is Pachirisu and Ursaring Prime... Talking about two expensive cards lol...
Old January 29th, 2012 (12:13 AM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Could've been worse. :P

Could've been where you bought 15 boosters and got 3 decent rares. It's happened to me before.
Old January 29th, 2012 (02:14 AM).
pkolaboy
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by donavannj:
Could've been worse.

Could've been where you bought 15 boosters and got 3 decent rares. It's happened to me before.
lol, that has to suck. Do you happen to know how much the new tins are going to run when they are released? I am contemplating on preordering on ebay.
Old January 30th, 2012 (06:03 PM).
PetalDanceD

Bought a shadowless booster pack from the original series for around $50 AU. I am telling you it better have a holo in it!. GRRR haha.
Old January 30th, 2012 (10:17 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

lol, that has to suck. Do you happen to know how much the new tins are going to run when they are released? I am contemplating on preordering on ebay.
They usually park them at $15 apiece.

Though I remember when they used to be $10 apiece, though they were smaller and had fewer packs in them.

Sponsored Links