Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game
Reload this Page Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Old May 23rd, 2012 (08:27 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
CS

Bought several packs today. The pull that stuck out in my mind was the Magic Room Gothitelle (which is unfortunately not as relevant with the emergence of EXs in the format).

Quote originally posted by ftp44:
Yep I get it now, I often see cardboard packs of boosters on ebay.

Highly considering buying a 1st ed Spanish booster pack for $355.00. Keeping in mind I am a collector and only have eyes on staring and admiring them and not playing with them. A 1st edition spanish charizard for example is worth more than an Unlimited one. What I like about the spanish set is the name of the pokemon is still in english regardless of everything else in spanish.

The box will end up up to $200 cheaper than any unlimited box i might try and pursue and as i said staring at the art and calling it Charizard in 1st edition is all i care about. The fact that they are shadowed also doesn't worry me too much.

Thoughts?.
If you really want it, go for it.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old May 23rd, 2012 (09:48 PM).

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PetalDanceD
Quote originally posted by donavannj:
Bought several packs today. The pull that stuck out in my mind was the Magic Room Gothitelle (which is unfortunately not as relevant with the emergence of EXs in the format).

If you really want it, go for it.
I passed on it mate, I am probably the last guy on earth to finally upgrade to a Playstation 3 from a Playstation 2. Haha
Old May 31st, 2012 (08:19 PM).

Nature: Mild
Out of my today's pulls I got the shiny Emboar in one of the boosters of the Mewtwo Jumbo/figurine pack. Before that I pulled FA Zekrom and FA Reshriam, and the shiny Chandelure. I love this Chandelure so much guys.
Old June 7th, 2012 (06:33 AM).

I've really spoilt myself and gone on a spending spree.

I've bought one of each of the packs from the base set and expansions. Including a 1st edition pack. I passed on 1st edition Jungle and Fossil because they aren't true 1st edition due to the fact they aren't shadowless. but I've still got money to keep going with it but not sure which way to head now.

I have no intentions of opening the 1st edition booster pack but will be kept as a collectors item. The Jungle, Foil and Base Unlimited will definitely be opened. Shadowless probably too.

Unfortunately i am a fraction short of a Jungle Booster box however I have enough to by mutiple more single packs.
Old June 10th, 2012 (02:11 PM). Edited June 10th, 2012 by donavannj.
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Nature: Adamant
So I finally got a chance to buy a few Dark Explorers yesterday and I decided to record myself opening the packs.

I used my iPhone to record and my Samson Condenser Microphone for the audio. I hope you enjoy and I might start doing these more often since I tend to buy a few packs every other week as a hobby now.

I'm also considering making a brief video showcasing my binder collection, however I might wait on that since I've only started collecting again a few months ago.

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old June 11th, 2012 (03:09 PM).

So I got three DE the other day and...have there been known mispackagings before? I ask because one of my packs was filled with all Noble Victories cards.
Old June 11th, 2012 (09:43 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
CS

Quote originally posted by IamZurich64:
So I got three DE the other day and...have there been known mispackagings before? I ask because one of my packs was filled with all Noble Victories cards.
Not that I'm aware of. Are you sure it wasn't a Noble Victories booster?

Where did you buy the cards?

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old June 11th, 2012 (10:31 PM).

Not that I'm aware of. Are you sure it wasn't a Noble Victories booster?

Where did you buy the cards?
I got them from Target, and I made sure they were all Dark Explorers. The pack was all Noble Victories and the online booster card was also different from the other two packs.
Old June 12th, 2012 (08:43 AM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
CS

Quote originally posted by IamZurich64:
I got them from Target, and I made sure they were all Dark Explorers. The pack was all Noble Victories and the online booster card was also different from the other two packs.
Was it official Packaging with The Pokemon Company International's logo on it somewhere?

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old June 13th, 2012 (10:40 PM).

Quote originally posted by Krobelus:
So I finally got a chance to buy a few Dark Explorers yesterday and I decided to record myself opening the packs.

I used my iPhone to record and my Samson Condenser Microphone for the audio. I hope you enjoy and I might start doing these more often since I tend to buy a few packs every other week as a hobby now.

I'm also considering making a brief video showcasing my binder collection, however I might wait on that since I've only started collecting again a few months ago.
Good for you man, Welcome home to the Card Cult! .

Yet to watch your vid but I will shortly.
Old June 16th, 2012 (05:40 AM).
ds leveler

hey my mate just randomly puts ten rare cards in a booster and then sells them and i bought one and i got :
hamachans slowking
secret pikachu
typhlosion prime
pokemon machine
violence in the safari zone
kyuryem ex
reshiram ex
zekrom ex
mewtwo ex (full ART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Old June 23rd, 2012 (02:24 PM).
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by hackster123:
hey my mate just randomly puts ten rare cards in a booster and then sells them and i bought one and i got :
hamachans slowking
secret pikachu
typhlosion prime
pokemon machine
violence in the safari zone
kyuryem ex
reshiram ex
zekrom ex
mewtwo ex (full ART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
That sounds.. lucky? Make sure they aren't fake.

Alright so I made another pack opening video! It's another 4 packs of Dark Explorers. I bought a random pack the other day and opened it off camera and got a Tornadus EX... wish I recorded that -___-

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old June 23rd, 2012 (09:49 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
I recently got into collecting Pokemon cards again. The only noteworthy card I pulled is a Tornadus EX. Is it any good? Sorry for my ignorance but I pretty much know nothing about card rarities ahaha.
Old June 23rd, 2012 (10:42 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
CS

Considering EX cards are pretty hard to come by, I'd say that's a pretty rare pull.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old June 26th, 2012 (05:21 PM).
Cool like that...

Nature: Relaxed
I opened 1 Emerging Powers pack and got a Catcher! Also I opened 5 DE and 4 NE and the best pull was a Kyogre EX!!! LOL!
Old June 27th, 2012 (05:01 PM).
Competitive Pokemon TCG player

I was at a League this past Saturday, and bought the last pack of Dark Explorers they had (from a box). I open it, and see a normal Darkrai EX! Talk about lucky!

Placed 394th out of 1003 Masters at Nationals! Not bad for my first ever Nationals!

Old July 16th, 2012 (07:06 AM).

I used to collect Pokemon cards back in the day when i was a teen and am proud to say i have a mint base collection to my name, i decided to start collecting again today so i went to my local WH Smiths and purchased 4 of the Dark Explorers packs, bear in mind i am a newbie to anything pokemon related after 99/00.
In my first 4 packs these are the ones that stood out -

Old Amber Aerodactyl Shiney 97/108
Bisharp rare 72/108
Heatmore rare 19/108
Leafeon rare 6/108
Joltik Shiney 42/108
Bulbasaur Shiney 1/108
Ivysaur Shiney 2/108
Groudon EX 106/108

How would you guys rate my 1st 4 packs ??

thanks
Old July 16th, 2012 (07:15 AM).

Just an update guys. The 1st edition booster pack never arrived and a refund was successfully given to me albeit through Paypal. So I bought a few odd little things like a Pokemon Folder to store my cards in.

Waiting on one of each of the Wizards of the Coast booster packs from Base set through to Skyridge all of which are 1st edition if they came out as that minus the base set so Neo Destiny 1st edition is a good addition to my collection and really deciding whether it be worth it opening it or not.

But Rocket, Gym Heroes, Gym Challenge, Jungle, Fossil and all neo series are in 1st edition.

Also two base set shadowless coming in the mail.

So hopefully they arrive today or tomorrow which is when I am expecting them too. Will post a embedded video from youtube once it's uploaded.
Old July 16th, 2012 (10:05 AM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
CS

Quote originally posted by tis69:
I used to collect Pokemon cards back in the day when i was a teen and am proud to say i have a mint base collection to my name, i decided to start collecting again today so i went to my local WH Smiths and purchased 4 of the Dark Explorers packs, bear in mind i am a newbie to anything pokemon related after 99/00.
In my first 4 packs these are the ones that stood out -

Old Amber Aerodactyl Shiney 97/108
Bisharp rare 72/108
Heatmore rare 19/108
Leafeon rare 6/108
Joltik Shiney 42/108
Bulbasaur Shiney 1/108
Ivysaur Shiney 2/108
Groudon EX 106/108

How would you guys rate my 1st 4 packs ??

thanks
Above average because you managed to pull a Groudon EX in them.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old July 17th, 2012 (03:55 PM).
Let the legend begin.
CS

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Osiris
Bought 2 packs of Dark Explorers yesterday, which were my first since I believe EX-Sandstorm (still remember nabbing Gardevoir-ex, Typhlosion-ex and Raichu-ex from 3 of the 4 packs I bought). I was fairly happy with what I got, and I did get 4 rare cards, since both of my reverse holos were rare (Eelektross & RH Krookodile in one, Bisharp & RH Blissey in the other). Also, found it funny I got a Pawniard and Chansey in the same pack as their evolutions.

Might consider going back another day to buy a few more packs, but they also had a blister pack for $5 that contained 25 random cards with a guaranteed holo. Just wish I knew how random the eras of those cards were.
Old July 17th, 2012 (10:28 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
CS

Quote originally posted by Brendino:
Bought 2 packs of Dark Explorers yesterday, which were my first since I believe EX-Sandstorm (still remember nabbing Gardevoir-ex, Typhlosion-ex and Raichu-ex from 3 of the 4 packs I bought). I was fairly happy with what I got, and I did get 4 rare cards, since both of my reverse holos were rare (Eelektross & RH Krookodile in one, Bisharp & RH Blissey in the other). Also, found it funny I got a Pawniard and Chansey in the same pack as their evolutions.

Might consider going back another day to buy a few more packs, but they also had a blister pack for $5 that contained 25 random cards with a guaranteed holo. Just wish I knew how random the eras of those cards were.
The 25 random cards is probably filled with Diamond & Pearl and late advance era cards.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old July 26th, 2012 (02:11 PM).
Let the legend begin.
CS

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Osiris
The 25 random cards is probably filled with Diamond & Pearl and late advance era cards.
Went back today since I had a $10 store credit and considered two of those random packs, but saw that it said copyright 2006 on the bottom of a card, so you were probably right about them being D/P era cards.

I ended up picking up two packs of Dark Explorers instead, and while I got nothing of note in my first pack, my second one had a Raikou-EX in it, so I was more than happy with what I got.
Old July 28th, 2012 (01:54 AM).

Just two shadowless booster pack openings. film quality not the best but feel free to subscribe. I'll have a gym challenge box upload pretty shortly and ill fiddle around with my new camera so i can get better quality on the picture.
Old July 28th, 2012 (12:50 PM).
Competitive Pokemon TCG player

I went to a Dragons Exalted prerelease today, and from the initial six packs I got both a normal Mew EX and a shiny Krookodile! I kinda wish it was a shiny Rayquaza, but I'm planning on attending a few more, so maybe I'll get one then.

Placed 394th out of 1003 Masters at Nationals! Not bad for my first ever Nationals!

Old July 28th, 2012 (01:04 PM).
I long for kyurem powerz

Nature: Serious
i opened a pack and pulled out 3! mewtwo ex full art cards
my mate stole them all l l
^

Good trade shops:
I loveevee's
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links