Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Hack of the Month
Pokémon Identity 34 35.05%
Pokémon Sienna 53 54.64%
Pokémon Top Secret 10 10.31%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 13th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos

Advertise here

Introduction

You have until the first of February to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. The winner hack will also be added to PokéCommunity's official ROM Hacking Hall of Fame. Only hacks in either the Progressing Hacks forum or the Hacks Showcase forum are eligible for nomination.

Eligible Hacks

Rules

• You may vote once per month, per hack.
  • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
  • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
  • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.
pair | pc viruse | dave
Old January 13th, 2010, 10:14 AM
NiKaNoRoU
Dedicated to Thrace

I vote for Sienna. For many reasons. The sprites are great, the whole original nintendo feel, the scripts, and, uh, Top Secret doesn't seem really intriguing. So...Sienna it is.

Good luck, Her Doctoren!

Your knight from the plane of light
Old January 13th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
The story in Identity is really catching, and the mapping looks pretty decent. The scripting is pretty good as well, but, for one, I really don't like the player speaking, and two, it seems to be missing something. I'm not sure what, but it's lacking something.

Sienna's story is more-or-less ordinary, but it has, in my opinion, been executed pretty well. The beta is fun, the scripting great and the mapping very appealing. I like the mix of RSE and FRLG tiles, but I don't really like the flower's palettes. I still love the game, though. This one got my vote, and I have no biased points in my reasons why.

Mediggo's hack is cool, concept-wise, but there are quite a few turn-offs, for me. To be honest, I haven't played the release, but the palette for the textbox is a serious eyesore, and so are the PC palettes. The sprites could do with some work, too. On the flip side, the scripting seems to be good, and so does the mapping, but the piece of work just isn't my cup of tea.

So, in a nutshell, Identity has a nice story, decent mapping and scripting but seems to lack something, Sienna has an ordinary sort of story, with good maps, great scripts and gets my vote, and Top Secret needs some graphical work, has nice mapping and scripting but doesn't really work for me.

Last edited by Spherical Ice; January 13th, 2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old January 13th, 2010, 02:08 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Identity.
The story is by far the best, and, well, everything else is amazing!
Old January 13th, 2010, 02:26 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
I voted for seiana too( is that how it is spelled?) It has great sprites, and great scripts.
~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
Old January 16th, 2010, 12:00 AM
theufw
Beginning Trainer

My vote goes to Identity. I played as a girl and have to say that it is story driven - and really intriguing. The tense moments are well thought out and executed. The only hack up to date that has left me wanting for the next release just to carry on with the story. Best hack I've seen - and I love the fact that the player can talk to herself. Wouldn't mind waiting another year for the next release.
Old January 19th, 2010, 09:09 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
I vote for Sienna because a mod made it so it must be good.

Brother of Vrai
Old January 23rd, 2010, 07:43 AM
hugepokefan13
Beginning Trainer

the reason i voted for Pokémon Sienna is because of the story and how they keeped the hack nice and simple
Old January 23rd, 2010, 06:36 PM
TheRichar
Check my Thread :3

Nature: Adamant
i vote for Sienna because i like the sprites and the story is simple, but good
Old January 23rd, 2010, 06:49 PM
Rileyslucario
Brownie lover

Nature: Modest
They're all really good...but Sienna is my pick.

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed...If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, put this in your signature.
Luckily I'm not a teen, but I would still be laughing.

SOULSILVER TEAM:
Old January 29th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Lati-Fan95
I completed my HG Pokedex!^^

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Lati-Fan95
i've only played Identity, though but I read the opening post of Sienna and Top Secret but I gotta say Identity's story hooked me more tan the others. I was excited since the first minute of the game and every event made it even more mysterious and exciting, no game has ever hooked me like that (and since Identity, I like Seedot a lot more!). Wat I really loved most, was that ghetto idea: It was something no Pokegame would ever touch, but it was really fun after all! Also, Identity's scripting was impressive,too and the mapping style is awesome, sprites aren't changed but that's okay and so is the sometimes not-so-suiting music, but the other good points can balance that!

So, my vote is for Identity!
Please feed my Pokes:
Old January 30th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Angela
Aristocracy

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to Angela Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Angela
I like Pokémon Sienna - The Doctor it has such lively colours, I like the sprite he used as his main character and it's not to dark there, and yeah there is just one main character, so it's simple and I like it..
My Pair
Credits for theme: Abnegation

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here