• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Wait, I don't get it....

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I just recently saw a thread called "Oak ...something... trainer?!" by Meepman. I read it and the person said Oak had a sprite and you could have battled him in the old R/B/Y games, but that idea was scrapped. Well, I did some searching in a Fire Red ROM and found yet another Prof. Oak battle sprite. Does that mean Gamefreak wanted Oak to return in FR and LG, but that was scrapped aswell?

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
Years
i also read that thread but in fire red?!?!?!?
thats pretty weird..

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
Years
Any chance you could show us?

(And are you sure it's not the opening sprite? =D)

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Any chance you could show us?

(And are you sure it's not the opening sprite? =D)
It's not the opening sprite, it's this:
wiqsk.png

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
Perhaps it was hidden in the code as something for dumpers to find as a nod to the original RBY, as there's no reason they couldn't have used it if Nintendo wanted to.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Someone should make a battle with ok then show it to us in a video

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
Years
Maybe, but it's classified among the trainer sprites, so...

Hm, that is interesting. But most of the other Fame Checker sprites are already there (Gym Leaders, E4), so maybe they put the rest of the sprites there too. Check if you find Daisy or Bill in the trainer sprites.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Yeah.Coz you can't battle Bill, unless you hack and catch him instead of un-morphing him

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Yeah.Coz you can't battle Bill, unless you hack and catch him instead of un-morphing him

Catch him? You can catch a wild Bill???

Anyways, I went onto Advanced Trainer (Beta) and found this...

m9aj39.png

I couldn't find Oak, but I did find other R/S people, like the E4 and Gym Leaders. If I went further on, there would be all of the R/S trainers including the main heroes of that region. If you check their Pokemon, it is always a Lv. 5 Ekans, but you could edit that anytime. Or, you could dump out all of the R/S trainers and upload new ones, thus saving space. I think you could also edit the trainers's pictures and I'm pretty sure Oak was there...

Oh look, I'm starting to sound like I'm in the ROM place...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Uhhh...i was referring to when he's part-pokemon.I bet you could hack into a battle with him and catch him.

Also, woah, so all that's in Fr/Lg???

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Oh, that's a pretty creative idea.

And, yeah, I was shocked aswell when I checked. Why did Gamefreak add that?

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
Years
Well remember Oak is Ash's Grandpa and he taught Ash how to get started on his journey so that would be Oak when he used to battle but now that Ash is on his Journey Oak has retired from battling. I think they might have forgotten about the sprite or meant to change it at some point but did not have time to do that before the games were release. That is what I can come up with anyway.:)

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Well remember Oak is Ash's Grandpa and he taught Ash how to get started on his journey so that would be Oak when he used to battle but now that Ash is on his Journey Oak has retired from battling. I think they might have forgotten about the sprite or meant to change it at some point but did not have time to do that before the games were release. That is what I can come up with anyway.:)

Ummm..... I always thought Oak was Gary's grandpa.

Years
I think I can clear this up - the Professor Oak sprite that you saw in unLZ GBA, if what I remember is correct, was from R/S or aybe Emerald, as it is among other RSE trainer sprites. It's weir,d but FRLG does have all of the RSE trainer sprites. You probably didn't find it in A-Trainer as it is, as I said, from RSE. I haven't tested anything, but I think that if you were to load R/S or maybe Emerald, you'd find the Professor Oak sprite.

Don't quote me on anything, though. I haven't checked anything, but I'm pretty certain what I'm saying is true.

I'll check with my ROM and then edit this post with an answer.

Back