The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Like the Side screen system/ How's the game so far?
Side Screen's alright, keep it 165 64.45%
No, I like Dual Screen 39 15.23%
A different typed Screen system (Please tell me about it) 10 3.91%
------------------------------------------------------------------ 27 10.55%
Nice! 129 50.39%
Not bad 23 8.98%
Okay 12 4.69%
Needs work (Please Give suggestions, don't just vote) 7 2.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 3rd, 2010, 08:41 PM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel_Kazuki View Post
Dude...Awesome....Carbon.....Nitro...My Speech...not making sense....But know that I support this game....If only I knew how to script or make events i could get started on my game but right now im stuck writing plotline and layouts...anyway enough about me and my troubles,I love the screens...I cant wait for this game to come out.
Thank you very much lol. Hmmm...Scripting is a bit of a challange ha ha but I guess if you have enough dedication to the Idea as some and the brain power to comprehend and process the outcomes certain bits of the script make, you'll be able to do it. Events are pretty easy to learn I think, just takes some tinkering. Anyway as I said

Thank you very much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
I'm loving the clear water, FMP. The side screen also looks very nice, although it looks just a Tad bit weird. But still, I'm not complaining.
Thanks a lot man, I'm glad you like It lol. Ha ha does it? Maybe because It's a different take or altogether tacky but I'm not sure ha ha. I do like it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordew5 View Post
Love the characters, the maps, and absolutely LOVE the water :D I so want to play this game. Also is there anything you can do about the reflection on the water, in the pic of the char surfing it looks like there's an upside-down person underwater XD.
Thank you very much, yes the water reflection will either be fixed, eliminated or edited so that only certain objects with a specific script command can produce the reflection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantMajorKururu View Post
I like the looks of this game, although my last DS emulator didn't work right. Hope to find a better one soon!
Thank you. Oh the games you see here don't require a DS emulator so don't fret about that As far as I know. Any games in the Game development section are just download and play...possibly with the needed fonts but that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom12 View Post
Its not for emulator! How many times we need to tell you its not roms or rom hacking forum?

Btw F.M.P when new update come ?
Hmmm...New update? Possibly around the end of this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninemaruay View Post
Cool Graphics, I want to see demo.
Nice game....
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsksjs View Post
This is amazing!
I've seen these kinds of tiles on other games also.
How long does this take?
Ha ha have you? A lot of the tiles are from Myself, the Calis Projects team and Dewitty ha ha. Thank you though and It takes a while depending on your dedication towards your project. Don't let it consume your life though remember to enjoy that ha ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpokeball View Post
Looks awesome! Inform when demo is released. I don't care if it's only one gym, that's the length of the first demo to me!
Thank you, I don't think I'll be informing anyone though ha ha. You'll have to check the thread every now and then to see what's going on or if there's a possible demo : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcard30 View Post
I like to see more screens you know what she say ,A screen says more than thousand words
Thank you lol...They say that? Since when?! Jk jk lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
i like the tiles, are the starters the same as the older thread on calis projects?
Thank you, and Yes pretty much, besides the Fire starter that's now a Ram as opposed to a fire Deer, they do have new concept art however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolslasher View Post
Looks Great! I want to try
Thank you very much.

Hey everyone. First off I need to say that I REALLY appreciate the comments, crit and the constant support you've given this project. It truly makes me happy ha ha! I have to apologize for always coming on for a bit then leaving after a while...I don't think that'll change however ha ha. I do have my promises to keep and fulfill on my comp to my team mates, you all and Digimon World Alpha and Carbon, but I also have my duties outside of this all so I'll try my best to balance them out. I hope you all can understand that and forgive me : )

NOW...Regarding an Update...I won't have an update ready for quite a while being that I'm trying to wrap my mind around graduating the 27th of this month so that's my main concern ha ha, but at the same time. I do have a bit of a Carbon Status update for you. Carbon's gone on hold once again...But not the kind of hold where nothing gets done for several weeks...Carbon MAY be fusing with another game on PC sooner or later so as to make the experience of whatever game is produced out of the two that much better and realistic. I do however, last time I counted, have 13 new Fakemon Concepts that seem pretty Pokemon-ish ha ha, New Character concepts including Gym leaders and Villians designed by myself and Tainted Tamt whom I miss , New plot and a few other things in mind, but like I said. With the combination we'll see what shall be kept and what'll goooo!! Not the transparent water of course since everyone seems to love that lol.

If you have any questions, Comments, concerns or just want to chat, please feel free to leave a comment, PM me or of course VM me lol. Thank you all for reading and I hope you're all doing well!

<~F.M.P~>
Old May 10th, 2010, 01:40 PM
SpawnHyuuga
Elite Four Spawn

Nature: Timid
Congrats on graduating FMP. This game is looking really nice. We've all been there during Game Development though, and I'm going through it right now. Sadly, I have two more years before I graduate from HS. :/
Any images or works I post, are that of my own creation, or I have properly credited the artist/creator. If I am the creator, you may use my work in any way you see fit, provided you give credit. If it is someone else's work, please give them a message, asking if you can use it.
Old May 13th, 2010, 03:41 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

Congrats on the graduation. Merger, eh? I remember another fangame mentioning cameos of Coal & Cyan, but I can't remember which game it was........

If ya want this to be a usable emote, copy & paste to show your support!

Support Amber IDE.......because, seriously, we need an actual Pokemon game engine.
Old May 16th, 2010, 12:23 PM
IRC
Internet Relay Chat

Nature: Impish
What system would it be for?
Old May 19th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Cynder The Bloody Angel
Trainer

that look pretty PRETTY AWESOME !!!!!
Old May 25th, 2010, 06:04 AM
sonic smash down
strive for the best

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to sonic smash down
hmm...well FMP im impressed man, its been a while since ive been on here and the update to your game looks well designed from even further then when i played that demo before. the graphics are a definite favorite for me. and it seems like youve come up with a few more nice ideas. Anyways can't wait to see what youve been doing once you release it.
Also, getting ready for graduation huh? hehe i just graduated about a week ago. it feels so good to get out of high school but now im stuck looking for a summer job XD. well anyways good luck w/ it an catch ya later.
Old May 31st, 2010, 09:49 AM
Ukara
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ukara
Can you make a fakedex, I want to see all of the new fakemon you made

SoulSilver: Jim: 4211 6383 1357
Diamond: Jim: 2664 0870 8787
Platinum: JIM :1548 1831 2499

Supported Hacks

Old June 1st, 2010, 10:14 AM
= GPR =
Trying to hold on to here...

Location: Illinois... the land of Lincoln, Obama and guilty govenors...
Nature: Docile
Send a message via Yahoo to = GPR =
It's looking good Mr Monkey Pirate... I definitely miss chatting you up on Carbon... i'm gonna send you something in a little bit that will bring back some major nostalgia! Lol... I remember when I joined the team one of my stipulations was that this wouldn't be a dud... and you're holding true to it. I only regret that i'm no longer able to contribute :(

I'll give you a waillord load of moral support though ^^

It's looking great! I can't wait! (BTW, you have a final date on it yet?)
June 6th, 2009 4:14 pm

(avitar by gp_arts39)
Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:40 PM
ElectricScyther
The lessons we learn

Nature: Sassy
I think this has some potential. But there are a couple things I want to point out. First, the side screen takes away from the main action,and second, the Fakemon are not described at all in the first post.
Other then that, it looks good.
Old June 10th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Nosophoros
I'm eating your cake

Looks fantastic. I can't wait to play this, keep us posted!

DBZ Signature by x Necromorph x
Old June 14th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Wilcomon
Best mapper you've ever seen

i would like if this come out,
its a bit HOLY
Old June 16th, 2010, 06:35 PM
pokewebsites
Beginning Trainer

Wow! This game looks really nice and the graphics look stunning! Great job with this game.

Old June 23rd, 2010, 02:59 PM
SkyriderStas
Trying to make a game. Help!!!

It's a great game. How did you make a side Screen?
Old June 23rd, 2010, 06:36 PM
Canderis
Mr. Wejo

This looks really cool. I will play this when it comes out
Old June 28th, 2010, 07:35 PM
sonicthehedgehogsnum1fan
Beginning Trainer

is this a ROM hack of a DS game?

Old June 28th, 2010, 07:46 PM
brokenxnote

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicthehedgehogsnum1fan View Post
This is the Game Development section, not the ROM Hack section. This is a game, made from scratch in RPG Maker XP.
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:28 PM
sonicthehedgehogsnum1fan
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenxnote View Post
This is the Game Development section, not the ROM Hack section. This is a game, made from scratch in RPG Maker XP.
oh, so when it's finished will it play on an emulator?

Old June 28th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Flarexon
The Ultimate Weapon of choice.

Quote:
No, it'll be an exe, not a rom. Like your average computer game.
Let the flame aid you.
Let your spirit free.
Let your passion burn.
Old July 5th, 2010, 03:01 AM
minime010
|...I have returned...|

Nature: Gentle
First moment I saw Pokemon Carbon, I knew it was going to be good. No. X that. I knew it was going to be perfect! If you need help mapping, spriting, or beta/demo testing, dont hesitate to ask. You're doing great!
Old July 8th, 2010, 05:14 AM
Himalama
Ghost and Psychic type addict

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Himalama
I really love it, but I must complain about the water. The reflections are kinda weird.
Again, I do love it. I want to playyy! xD
Old July 8th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Quintin
Beginning Trainer

DUDE! I LOVE IT! If I wasn't so busy all the time, I would ask if you needed help. (Do you? I might come by some time) I love the surf, and REALLY the night. Yah, it seems a bit weird with purple, but still, VERY GOOD.
Old July 9th, 2010, 04:12 PM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnHyuuga View Post
Congrats on graduating FMP. This game is looking really nice. We've all been there during Game Development though, and I'm going through it right now. Sadly, I have two more years before I graduate from HS. :/
Hey man, I'm real sorry for getting to this so late lol. Thank you and Yeah, It's finally over though and don't worry, those 2 years will pass on quick ha ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyOctillery View Post
Congrats on the graduation. Merger, eh? I remember another fangame mentioning cameos of Coal & Cyan, but I can't remember which game it was........
Ha ha Yep, It's officially gone underway last week Hmmmm...I don't remember either lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRC View Post
What system would it be for?
The computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynder The Bloody Angel View Post
that look pretty PRETTY AWESOME !!!!!
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic smash down View Post
hmm...well FMP im impressed man, its been a while since ive been on here and the update to your game looks well designed from even further then when i played that demo before. the graphics are a definite favorite for me. and it seems like youve come up with a few more nice ideas. Anyways can't wait to see what youve been doing once you release it.
Also, getting ready for graduation huh? hehe i just graduated about a week ago. it feels so good to get out of high school but now im stuck looking for a summer job XD. well anyways good luck w/ it an catch ya later.
Ha ha Hey man, Sorry for the late reply too I haven't been on too much lately. It really does feel good to be out ha ha. I can't wait to show everyone the new Pokemon game we've come up with. I've been looking for a Summer job too. It's hard in this small city though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukara View Post
Can you make a fakedex, I want to see all of the new fakemon you made
I will eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by = GPR = View Post
It's looking good Mr Monkey Pirate... I definitely miss chatting you up on Carbon... i'm gonna send you something in a little bit that will bring back some major nostalgia! Lol... I remember when I joined the team one of my stipulations was that this wouldn't be a dud... and you're holding true to it. I only regret that i'm no longer able to contribute

I'll give you a waillord load of moral support though

It's looking great! I can't wait! (BTW, you have a final date on it yet?)
Lol Thanks man, yeah. If you still have whatever it is, I'd love to see it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricScyther View Post
I think this has some potential. But there are a couple things I want to point out. First, the side screen takes away from the main action,and second, the Fakemon are not described at all in the first post.
Other then that, it looks good.
Thank you and Hmm, really? I don't see how but that could be a good point. The Fakemon haven't been described because they've gone under final revision concept wise. I'll probably show new Sugimori art based on them when I get more drawn up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosophoros View Post
Looks fantastic. I can't wait to play this, keep us posted!
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcomon View Post
i would like if this come out,
its a bit HOLY
lol Glad you think so, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokewebsites View Post
Wow! This game looks really nice and the graphics look stunning! Great job with this game.
Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyriderStas View Post
It's a great game. How did you make a side Screen?
Thank you and It was scripted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canderis View Post
This looks really cool. I will play this when it comes out
Thank you very much, I'm glad you like it.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenxnote View Post
Thank you.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarexon View Post
No, it'll be an exe, not a rom. Like your average computer game.
Thanks.. again lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minime010 View Post
First moment I saw Pokemon Carbon, I knew it was going to be good. No. X that. I knew it was going to be perfect! If you need help mapping, spriting, or beta/demo testing, dont hesitate to ask. You're doing great!
Thank you very much, I'm glad you like it and I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himalama View Post
I really love it, but I must complain about the water. The reflections are kinda weird.
Again, I do love it. I want to playyy! xD
Ha ha yeah I was talking about that in a previous post I made, I tend to fix it. Not in Carbon but in the new Game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintin View Post
DUDE! I LOVE IT! If I wasn't so busy all the time, I would ask if you needed help. (Do you? I might come by some time) I love the surf, and REALLY the night. Yah, it seems a bit weird with purple, but still, VERY GOOD.
Thank you very much, I'm glad you like it. At the moment no help is needed ha ha. Like I said though, thank you

Hmmm...Alright, so if you have or haven't noticed, I haven't been on PC too much at all lately. In truth the most part, I've lost my motivation to work on Games, not because of the lack of games, but because most of the people I grew up with on here for the past 4 years have been busy with life or moved on to something else. To me PC doesn't have the same effect as it did a while back. So to say it simply, I won't be on PC much anymore. If at all I'd probably be on once a month. In terms of the New Pokemon game and Digimon World Alpha, If possible, I'll have Ryu post the updates for DWA and for the new Pokemon game hopefully my partner will be able to update on it's progress. I'm sorry everyone, but if you're ever interested in keeping up with me or anything, you can reach me on MSN since I'm on almost daily. My email is [email protected]. By the way, don't add me trying to ask me about scripting I can do it but I'm not a genius at it so I probably won't answer any questions about it or making graphics.

Peace Everyone.
Old July 20th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp

Nature: Quiet
Well If something happens, can you send me a copy of the project file so I could tinker with it?

I just dont like seeing good thing die out. D:

I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

contact me here or at [email protected].

Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_...ex.php?act=idx
Old July 21st, 2010, 11:24 AM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Flood!

How's it going buddy? Haven't been on in a while im makin my comeback today.
What's the update with Carbon you still goin or what? (obivously haven't read through all the posts)
Old July 23rd, 2010, 09:46 AM
tomatoman
Beginning Trainer

Why is Coal battling Gym Leader Jazz outside (the grass background) maybe theres grass in the gym?

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links