Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Manga/Comics

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Manga/Comics Here you can talk about the manga (comics), discuss your favs, etc.

View Poll Results: Who do you prefer?
Emerald ftw! 12 33.33%
Wally ftw! 22 61.11%
Neither 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 23rd, 2010 (05:13 PM).
Spikey-Eared Pichu
Pichu-pi!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Spikey-Eared Pichu
Okay, so I've been reading the Pokemon Special manga and am currently at the end of the R/S arc. Now, I have enough knowledge to know that Emerald is the third Dex Holder even though Wally obtains both the Dex and Treeko first. This seriously bugs me cuz Emerald is such a crappy character! To me, Wally should have been named Emerald and been the official third Dex Holder since he's so much better fit for the role that lame midget Emerald.

Who do you prefer? Emerald? or Wally?

If you feel like battling, send me a message (: I do use hacked Pokemon and am not afraid to admit it. If you have an restriction (No DW Pokemon, no legendaries, etc.) I'd be happy to oblige by those rules.
Old January 23rd, 2010 (07:48 PM).
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
Wally, I hate Emerald so bad, he's like my most hated PokeSpec character. Wally raised that Treecko up and Emerald gets it. Besides Wally fit in with the others more than Emerald does and the emerald on his head looks ridiculous.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old January 23rd, 2010 (08:19 PM).
Spikey-Eared Pichu
Pichu-pi!

Thank you! Plus, Wally fits the role perfectly! All of his Pokemon are shades of green, emerld being one of them, and his hair and eyes are green too. Yet here we have blondie Emerald with his retarded platform shoes and ridiculous outfit...oy...
Old January 25th, 2010 (03:16 AM).
Taichi
The Keyblader of The Future

Wow, I don't think you guys really hate Emerald. I think you guys hate his character design. I like Emerald. I like Wally also. But compared to the Johto Dexers they're irrelevent to me. lol
Old January 25th, 2010 (03:50 AM).
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Don't hate Emerald? Of course I hate him, I hate his attitude, his stupid gadgets. The only thing I enjoyed from him was his skill at the Battle Factory.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old January 26th, 2010 (11:25 AM).
Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
I lit a wee fire...on a boat!

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
Well, Emerald is my favourite PokéSpec character , so I voted for him. I like his enthusiasm and he went through a really great development in the Emerald Saga. Plus his backstory nearly made me cry. -.-

How's your thirst for adventure, Captain?
Old January 27th, 2010 (04:11 PM).
Mileyangel
Inuyasha Fan

Nature: Sassy
I used to hate Emerald, until I read the final chapters of the Emerald Arc. After reading his backstory and seeing how much he matures through the final battle, I can't help but like the little squirt. On the other hand, Wally hasn't received much character development at all. So, I have to say Emerald.
The Fierce Fuzzball The Mirror of My Soul
Purple Pearl Voice
Old January 29th, 2010 (01:00 AM).
PokeRescue18
Hoenn Trio fan!

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Mileyangel:
I used to hate Emerald, until I read the final chapters of the Emerald Arc. After reading his backstory and seeing how much he matures through the final battle, I can't help but like the little squirt. On the other hand, Wally hasn't received much character development at all. So, I have to say Emerald.
It's nice to hear from anther fellow that likes Emerald. To be clear, all of us should be really grateful that Wally appeared in PokeSpe. He didn't appear in the anime at all! And also be grateful that the writers gave Wally credit during the RS arc in the Sky Pillar and played the part in awakening Rayquaza in which I'm contented at. But please let's not be harsh at Emerald. After all, he was the one who really want the PokeDex in the first place, even going through many difficult trials to obtain it. In my eyes, Emerald really deserves to be the 10th Pokedex owner but let's not forget Wally's contribution in the RS arc. Enough said.
Old January 29th, 2010 (01:11 AM).
Lunarian
Lavender's Priestess

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lunarian Send a message via Yahoo to Lunarian
Wally is quite the trainer if he is given the chance but Emerald gets all the gold he mined But whatever it is,my like towards Emerald started to grow as I learned his background which is quite interesting.But I do hope that Wally will make an appearance in future chapters with brand new team of Pokemons We can dream about it!Oh,the thing that I don't like about Emerald is,yes,his character's design xD Quite absurd if you tell me,the first time I saw him,I thought he was a robot lolol~♫

Set made by:HackMew
Old January 31st, 2010 (12:22 PM).
GlitchCity

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to GlitchCity
Emerald all the way. That little dude is a carefree trainer, and he seems to know more about pokemon than wally does

off topic: I wouldnt mind seeing him in the games
Old January 31st, 2010 (11:09 PM).
invisible-chan
~Pocky Goddess~

Wally, because he would have been Emerald until they changed it last second. I think the creation of Emerald as a separate character was completely unnecessary.
Old February 1st, 2010 (01:25 PM).
Alli
you smiled at me

Nature: Timid
Wally was first, Wally got Treecko first, Wally has green hair, Wally is SEXY, Wally is my second favorite PokeSpe character, Wally, Wally, WALLY.

Wally wally wallabee. Yes, I vote Wally.

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Old February 1st, 2010 (01:28 PM).
Serene Grace
Pokémon Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Where's the love for poor ol' Emerald? Anyway, I choose Emerald because he's cool. Simple.
Old February 1st, 2010 (06:36 PM).
Ninetales433
KHR Forever *-*

I kinda like Emerald,but not as much as Wally.I think Wally should've been the 10th Pokedex holder,but Emerald is okay too.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 1st, 2010 (06:56 PM).
Spikey-Eared Pichu
Pichu-pi!

Glad to see I have a majority of the voters' support ^.^ Wally FTW!!!
Old February 2nd, 2010 (12:56 PM).
Clover Cat
Child of Gold and Crystal

Neither. There is no better character. Both have flaws, both have awesome levels of BA, and both are hated by the others' fandom.

Although technically, poor Emerald doesn't even have one. If he does, it's very small. Actually, the guy wasn't even supposed to exist, until the writers changed their minds and decided that Wally wouldn't do for a character and came up with a back up. Maybe that's why people hate him so much. Though why you would want Wally to become a Dex Holder when the end result would most likely kill him I don't really know...the writers at least had a good reason behind their decision.

Moving back to the main topic of discussion. In my mind, both are equal, but I'll vote for Emerald just to spite the people who constantly want him to fall off a cliff. Surely there's a better reason for him to die then hate by the fans, or really, a better reason as to why he shouldn't die at all.
Old February 11th, 2010 (05:07 PM).
mgarciai
Beginning Trainer

Emerald is hideous...
Idk why they didnt go with the design of the boy from the other frontier manga.
His character design was that of the boy you help there except for whatever reason in the actual game they just used the sprite of a bug catcher... but he did have actual art drawn for him that looks nothing like the bug catcher or emerald (aside from both being short.)

Maybe they can redesign emerald into that boy and ill like him even though he just looks like a mini ruby.
Old February 14th, 2010 (07:55 AM).
Ryousha
Waiting for PokeSpe HG/SS

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ryousha
Emerald was an okay character, he matures throughout the arc. At first I thought oh my god another character. But Wally is alot cooler imo. He worked hard to get his lungs stronger and pretty much set Rayquaza for Norman to use. Emerald set The 5 dex holder's free.. So When it adds up I say they're around the same level except Wally wins because he's that awesome to me.
Old February 18th, 2010 (06:15 PM).
cjlaw
A unknown fighter

I dislike emerald more than any other dex holder and i don't know why I hate him either.
Wally would have been a better choice for main character.
Old February 18th, 2010 (08:05 PM).
Link13
given up

Nature: Lonely
id have to go with emerald not sure why but i just do ....
If Miley Cyrus were to jump off a skyscraper, 90% of people would say "Don't do it Miley!", 9% would say "Who cares, it's her life.", and the remaining 1% would say:"Oh, **** it, I'll push her myself." If you're one of the 1%, copy and paste this into your signature
Old February 25th, 2010 (09:28 PM).
JadeX
Prince

Nature: Bashful
Hmm...
before I read the book ,
I liked Wally more and was not a Emerald-supporter
Wally was more hardworking and he deserves something more ..

But later on , Emerald's personality sort of touched me.
Eccentric guy and ya , it made him outstand Wally .

But still , RUBY IS STILL THE BEST~
Old February 26th, 2010 (12:12 AM).
Wallace Berlitz
I'm back for lucks and givin'

Send a message via ICQ to Wallace Berlitz Send a message via AIM to Wallace Berlitz Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Wallace Berlitz Send a message via Yahoo to Wallace Berlitz Send a message via Skype™ to Wallace Berlitz
Wally was supposed to have Emerald's role, but I think the writer didn't have the idea like D/P arc, wait for the third game's name for Lady Berlitz instead he gave 'Wally' this name to the poor boy. So they created Emerald. But I feel sad for Wally. Wally deserves more better role in Pokemon Special! To have him equal with Emerald.

Anyone is WELCOMED to Battle, Trade or be a Partner! [/FONT][/sig-reason]
Old March 3rd, 2010 (01:46 PM).
grey†fish
not black or white… or gray :]

i feel compelled to vote for emerald since the little runt has such a sad backstory…

f*** that!

platform shoes, emerald gem on forehead, weird ass hair… who IS this guy???

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links