The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Which starter would you pick?
Chamelica - Grass Starter 110 26.51%
Kittorch - Fire Starter 199 47.95%
Pireel - Water Starter 106 25.54%
Voters: 415. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 17th, 2010, 03:43 AM
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben. View Post
But it's not hiding the fact that, from what I can see(I'm judging from what I can see, there no point saying there is something and not showing it, I see that you don't have one.) You're story line is one of the worst I have ever seen, it's so "unpokemony". I don't see that going anywhere at all, I know this may see harsh but you need to do something about it. And even the plot is just classic standard pokemon. Sort this all out, and you'll have a real game.
:/ Well, i sorta figured we'd get this kind of comment sooner or later, so i guess now would be an appropriate time to address it. Let me make this clear, so I won't have to repeat myself. [I'll probably still have to repeat myself.] You, in insulting our storyline, told us EXACTLY what we want to hear. We want to break norms while still sticking to the basic pokemon 'screenplay', if you will. Though it COMPLETELY contradicts your saying "the plot is just classic standard pokemon."

So what is it, unpokemony or classic standard pokemon? Because i can't really see it being both.

Also, I'd like to know exactly which parts of the plot and story are "one of the worst I've ever seen", because critique isn't just saying "Thats bad," its saying "That's bad and here's how you can fix it:"

So hopefully I'll get a response on this, but you'll probably get a larger response from Bards Sword later in the day. So good luck with that.

founder of

Old August 17th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Bards Sword
La Resistance!

Nature: Rash
Ben-

To quote one James Earl Jones:

IS THAT A CHALLENGE!?!

But seriously, I have been holding back plot information for a very specific reason. The plot is finished. Utterly done. But if I were to come down and write every single plot point while the actual game development is still finishing starter island demo, well, would that give you anything to look forward to? No.

I know that didn't answer your question, but I started that way to say: If you want me to, I will PM you the plot down to the last detail. Then you can respond and say what you don't like in specific. Trust me, I love to hear constructive criticism, but saying "Your plot sucks" gets both of us nowhere. So, man up a little, and tell me what you really think.

KYLE: If you don't show Muhammad, then you've made a distinction what is okay to poke fun at, and what isn't. Either it's all okay, or none of it is.

And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains.

MACBETH: I will not yield
To kiss the ground before young Malcom's feet
And to be baited with the rabble's curse
Though Birnam Wood be come to Dunsinane
And thou opposed, being of no woman born
Yet I will try the last. Before my body
I throw my warlike shield. Lay on, Macduff
And damned be he that first cries, "Hold, enough!"

Old August 17th, 2010, 10:17 AM
aquakip
You jealous, betch

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben. View Post
Moving on, the sprites.
take this one.

The backsprite the outline could be better, see at the front, the outline is too patchy it doesn't look nice, more as it's missing, choose a darker shade to compliment the black.
And the same with the back, there seem to be a too heavy shade on the tail.
This seems to happen on most, if not all of your sprites.
Seeing as Starrmyt and Bards Sword have responded to the first part of the post, ignoring the second half, I figure I'll take the liberty to respond.

The front of the outline isn't patchy at all. That, my friend, is the style I sprite all of my sprites in, and it's a style that many people love. So I will not be changing that just because you dislike it.

Now, for the back of the sprite, if I am correct, you are speaking about the tail. Right? Well, take a look at ALL backsprites and tell me, are their lines not that thick? I studied these Pokemon sprites for many many days and worked my ass off (excuse the language), and I am not about to be told that I am doing them WRONG.

So thanks for the "crit", Ben. But I believe you should follow up on things like this before dissing others.

Thanks,
~Aqua

---
EDIT:
SPRITE UPDATE -

Marmozap #23

The EleChimp Pokemon
Type: Electric
Ability: Static

"Marmozap are very curious creatures. They tend to cause trouble at power plants, playing with cables and wires and messing up the systematics."

Co-Founder & Artist of

Last edited by aquakip; August 17th, 2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old August 17th, 2010, 11:28 AM
The Cynic
♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥

Nature: Quirky
I have to say that Marmozap is one my favourites so far, along with the starter families, Buradry, Soltaria, the Barcush family, the final Ice evo and the region's first two birds. I am disappointed however with its lack of an evo.

On the subject of sprites, I'm not so keen of both the snakes. They're designs are not so unique... I'm also not so keen on the Tornado pokemon, they just don't really look too genuine. That's just my 1 pence however...

Keep up the rest of the good work. Look forward to the demo!
Well done on its design however

Old August 17th, 2010, 12:31 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
okay Emort team, this is a really nice game graphic-wise as ben said but let me show you the plot again.

So as I stated earlier, the game begins with you just out of high school. You find your long time crush, who has often rejected you, hanging out with a man in his twenties, and they seem to have a relationship Lets throw in some Degrassi I see. She informs you that she is going to be a trainer, and desperate to impress her, you follow her. Meanwhile, your friend Aaron, who believes you just threw away your life for a girl, essentially becomes your rival, trying to stop you. After beating the first gym leader, the man and another woman appear to you and introduce themselves as Team Solar, an organization that plans to destroy the world through pollution what is wrong with our regular world, why must you restart humanity? and restart humanity on a moon colony. [I was told to make this about pollution, go with it] Of course, this is absurd, and you reject the offer. Team Solar starts a long history of tracking you down.

What is Team Solar's true purpose? That's this spoiler. A while ago, a reckless young pokemon catcher a Pokemon catcher? don't you mean trainernamed Julian Ronald Dag0n and that HAS to be his last name? (yes, thats a real last name, no, its not a slur) heard that the god of the ozone, Rayquaza, had gone crazy due to pollution It went CRAZY how? That would make it harder prey imo. Thinking it would make Rayquaza easier prey Prey wtf? Your supposed to catch it, not kill it., Julian attempted to capture him atop Mt. Sanguit. But Rayquaza smashed Julian's pokeballs and almost killed him. When Rayquaza was right on top of him, Julian took out a hunting knife and stabbed it into Rayquaza's belly, killing him. THIS IS THE PART THAT MAKES ME WONDER WHETHER YOU WERE ABOVE THE INFLUENCE OR NOT.

AND THEN THERE'S THE PART ABOUT THE MERCENARY, WHICH MAKES THE GAME SOUND LIKE STAR WARS.

As I a writer overthought (not bad, Just EXTREMELY OVERTHOUGHT) plots like this in fan games annoy me. If you would like some advice please contact me.

Julian has long felt confused and guilty by this deicide. He believed he needed to do something to redeem himself in the eyes of Rayquaza, and that he should help save the ozone and the earth. But the more Julian came to study the subject, the more he believed the earth was doomed. So he entered the pokemon League, became champion, and used his new money to fund a moon colony, and his pulpit to spread awareness of global warming. But few listened to him. As he grew older, Julian came to believe he would die before humanity was aware of its fate. This could not do, for in order to redeem himself, Julian had to be the savior of humanity. So he started Team Solar to speed up global warming, promising criminals a chance to start over in a new world, in hopes that one day the world would see that it needed him.

On the birght side: This little guy <3
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:45 PM
The Cynic
♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
okay Emort team, this is a really nice game graphic-wise as ben said but let me show you the plot again.

So as I stated earlier, the game begins with you just out of high school. You find your long time crush, who has often rejected you, hanging out with a man in his twenties, and they seem to have a relationship Lets throw in some Degrassi I see. She informs you that she is going to be a trainer, and desperate to impress her, you follow her. Meanwhile, your friend Aaron, who believes you just threw away your life for a girl, essentially becomes your rival, trying to stop you. After beating the first gym leader, the man and another woman appear to you and introduce themselves as Team Solar, an organization that plans to destroy the world through pollution what is wrong with our regular world, why must you restart humanity? and restart humanity on a moon colony. [I was told to make this about pollution, go with it] Of course, this is absurd, and you reject the offer. Team Solar starts a long history of tracking you down.

What is Team Solar's true purpose? That's this spoiler. A while ago, a reckless young pokemon catcher a Pokemon catcher? don't you mean trainernamed Julian Ronald Dag0n and that HAS to be his last name? (yes, thats a real last name, no, its not a slur) heard that the god of the ozone, Rayquaza, had gone crazy due to pollution It went CRAZY how? That would make it harder prey imo. Thinking it would make Rayquaza easier prey Prey wtf? Your supposed to catch it, not kill it., Julian attempted to capture him atop Mt. Sanguit. But Rayquaza smashed Julian's pokeballs and almost killed him. When Rayquaza was right on top of him, Julian took out a hunting knife and stabbed it into Rayquaza's belly, killing him. THIS IS THE PART THAT MAKES ME WONDER WHETHER YOU WERE ABOVE THE INFLUENCE OR NOT.

AND THEN THERE'S THE PART ABOUT THE MERCENARY, WHICH MAKES THE GAME SOUND LIKE STAR WARS.

As I a writer overthought (not bad, Just EXTREMELY OVERTHOUGHT) plots like this in fan games annoy me. If you would like some advice please contact me.

Julian has long felt confused and guilty by this deicide. He believed he needed to do something to redeem himself in the eyes of Rayquaza, and that he should help save the ozone and the earth. But the more Julian came to study the subject, the more he believed the earth was doomed. So he entered the pokemon League, became champion, and used his new money to fund a moon colony, and his pulpit to spread awareness of global warming. But few listened to him. As he grew older, Julian came to believe he would die before humanity was aware of its fate. This could not do, for in order to redeem himself, Julian had to be the savior of humanity. So he started Team Solar to speed up global warming, promising criminals a chance to start over in a new world, in hopes that one day the world would see that it needed him.

On the birght side: This little guy <3

In my opinion, the plot is pretty solid.

Everyone wants to improve the world. This guy is obsessed with the idea that the world is irepairable and so seeks to create a new one.

The bit about Rayquaza dying is shaking up Pokemon a bit. We know they die. You even fight a dead Marowak in the official games and Spiritomb was formed from 32 wicked souls. Lavender Town, Mt. Pyre and Lost Tomb are chock-full of graves. I see know problem with the idea of someone trying to kill Rayquaza?

Anywho, I love the plot. :cer_smile:

Old August 17th, 2010, 01:29 PM
DialgaPalkiaGiratina
Kudos to zappyspiker

This is going great! I love the characters you get to be, they are amazing! I also love the tiles, especially the tall grass, it looks so muh like real grass (Unlike in the real games >.>)
Old August 17th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Bards Sword
La Resistance!

AceDragonite-

I'm going to answer all your critiques one after another, to show how thorough I am. That, and to annoy you.

1. I don't know what Degrassi is, so I can't answer you. Sorry. I didn't take it from Degrassi, if that's what you're thinking, because I don't know what it is.

2.Because, as Julian wants you to think, he believes the world is evil and cruel and needs to be redone. However, because thats not his real reason, it of course doesn't truly hold up.

3. Yes. I mean trainer. Thank you for the spelling (?) error.

4.Alright, here. Here is the origin of our name. Starrmyt and I both attended a summer camp called Frenchwoods. Every year, a man named Ron Dag0n would come and play really, really annoying songs for two hours in the amphitheater as an evening activity, and everyone would be forced to attend. While at camp, the day after we were brainstorming villain names, and of course, Ron Dag0n's name came up. What can I say? Its an inside joke.

5.Well, wouldn't breathing in toxins make you crazy too? And yes, it makes it harder to capture, but Julian didn't know that.

6.Yes, easier prey to capture. He just wanted to capture Rayquaza. He only killed it after his life was in danger. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

7. As I take pride on never having drunk or smoked pot or done any type of drug, that comment hurts. Julian stabbing a soft spot on Rayquaza's belly is an allusion to the Hobbit. I thought Rayquaza kinda looked like a dragon, and in the Hobbit Smog is killed by an arrow to the soft side of his underbelly. People don't use arrows anymore, but there are still hunting knives, so I used that instead.

8. Star Wars? Uh...Mercenaries exist outside of Star Wars. Hate to tell you. I needed a word to show this mercenary was not affiliated with Team Solar, but just working for money, as that's important. It was a choice between Mercenary and Assassin. I chose Mercenary. Seriously man? Star Wars? Wow.

9. This is my biggest, biggest complaint. The sole reason, the sole reason I joined this project was to give the plot more emphasis and more complexity. I am not aiming for a simple plot that is common in all the Nintendo games. I wanted to show that within its limitation, pokemon could be used to host a grand story. If you don't like complex plots and would prefer a mindless button masher, go play Street Fighter or something, or go to some other game. Will I be asking you plot advice? Well, definitely not if you're intent on dumbing down this game or making it less complex.

Well, over all your critiques weren't very helpful, and I hate to say this, but as a writer, criticism that does not contain constructive elements is a waste of time. Good day sir.

EDIT: I understood going into this project that killing Rayquaza would be a risky move. Its a bit harsh for a pokemon story, I understand. But I included it in for two reasons. 1. Julian needed to be motivated by a desire to cleanse his sins, and this could only be accomplished if he truly felt guilty and Rayquaza was dead, for the Rayquaza couldn't tell him he was doing wrong. 2. You never see his death, it is only refrenced, therefore I felt it wasn't truly crossing the line. From canon we know pokemon can die, so in the end I decided it was the best thing for the story.

KYLE: If you don't show Muhammad, then you've made a distinction what is okay to poke fun at, and what isn't. Either it's all okay, or none of it is.

Nothing beside remains.

Last edited by Bards Sword; August 17th, 2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old August 17th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Cypher DS

I've read through your opening post, and the plot summary has grabbed my interest. Team Solar sounds like a religious cult - approaching vulnerable high-schoolers as friends, luring them into their organization and slowly introducing them to the group's true intentions.

It seems like you've put some thought into naming your characters and developing stories for the characters. A protagonist who becomes a Pokemon trainer to impress the girl of his dreams - I like it, it's a unique motivation. On the other hand, I can't say I'm too interested for another round of monotype gyms. I don't suppose Hayden would appreciate the need for rock and ground pokemon, seeing as those elements nourish the plants?

The battle screens look lovely, and I can't wait to catch me a Marrosaur!

Old August 17th, 2010, 03:39 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bards Sword View Post
AceDragonite-

I'm going to answer all your critiques one after another, to show how thorough I am. That, and to annoy you.

1. I don't know what Degrassi is, so I can't answer you. Sorry. I didn't take it from Degrassi, if that's what you're thinking, because I don't know what it is.

2.Because, as Julian wants you to think, he believes the world is evil and cruel and needs to be redone. However, because thats not his real reason, it of course doesn't truly hold up.

3. Yes. I mean trainer. Thank you for the spelling (?) error.

4.Alright, here. Here is the origin of our name. Starrmyt and I both attended a summer camp called Frenchwoods. Every year, a man named Ron Dag0n would come and play really, really annoying songs for two hours in the amphitheater as an evening activity, and everyone would be forced to attend. While at camp, the day after we were brainstorming villain names, and of course, Ron Dag0n's name came up. What can I say? Its an inside joke.

5.Well, wouldn't breathing in toxins make you crazy too? And yes, it makes it harder to capture, but Julian didn't know that.

6.Yes, easier prey to capture. He just wanted to capture Rayquaza. He only killed it after his life was in danger. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

7. As I take pride on never having drunk or smoked pot or done any type of drug, that comment hurts. Julian stabbing a soft spot on Rayquaza's belly is an allusion to the Hobbit. I thought Rayquaza kinda looked like a dragon, and in the Hobbit Smog is killed by an arrow to the soft side of his underbelly. People don't use arrows anymore, but there are still hunting knives, so I used that instead.

8. Star Wars? Uh...Mercenaries exist outside of Star Wars. Hate to tell you. I needed a word to show this mercenary was not affiliated with Team Solar, but just working for money, as that's important. It was a choice between Mercenary and Assassin. I chose Mercenary. Seriously man? Star Wars? Wow.

9. This is my biggest, biggest complaint. The sole reason, the sole reason I joined this project was to give the plot more emphasis and more complexity. I am not aiming for a simple plot that is common in all the Nintendo games. I wanted to show that within its limitation, pokemon could be used to host a grand story. If you don't like complex plots and would prefer a mindless button masher, go play Street Fighter or something, or go to some other game. Will I be asking you plot advice? Well, definitely not if you're intent on dumbing down this game or making it less complex.

Well, over all your critiques weren't very helpful, and I hate to say this, but as a writer, criticism that does not contain constructive elements is a waste of time. Good day sir.

EDIT: I understood going into this project that killing Rayquaza would be a risky move. Its a bit harsh for a pokemon story, I understand. But I included it in for two reasons. 1. Julian needed to be motivated by a desire to cleanse his sins, and this could only be accomplished if he truly felt guilty and Rayquaza was dead, for the Rayquaza couldn't tell him he was doing wrong. 2. You never see his death, it is only refrenced, therefore I felt it wasn't truly crossing the line. From canon we know pokemon can die, so in the end I decided it was the best thing for the story.
Bards Sword I am very sorry for offending you and your plot. I was simply stating my mind. Thank you for clarifying. And I do appreciate when fangames go off the beaten path. However not too far, Zirconium had a unique plot, that was nothing like most Pokemon games but they did it perfectly, everything was explained and a friendly light, as well as a dark one was set on the game. And if you were to contact me, I didn't mean I would dumb down the plot, and make it so you go on a jounrey and battle, and that's it, no you have it misunderstood, , I would just make it so it seems more plausible to happen, and more understandable, so everyone can understand and appreciate it, instead of going WTF when they play the demo. I kind of like that Ron Dag0n idea now though.
Old August 17th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp

Nature: Quiet
Great Ways to defend Your Plots guys.Now This has officially became my favorite game, not because of the mechanics, but because the creators are to not be ****** with when questioning what they've done lol, excuse my vulgar grammar and sentence structure, but you guys really hyped me up now.xD

I REALLY can't wait to see how this turns out and commend you on your efforts.

I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

contact me here or at [email protected].

Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_...ex.php?act=idx
Old August 17th, 2010, 06:04 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquakip View Post

---
EDIT:
SPRITE UPDATE -

Marmozap #23

The EleChimp Pokemon
Type: Electric
Ability: Static

"Marmozap are very curious creatures. They tend to cause trouble at power plants, playing with cables and wires and messing up the systematics."
Sweet..... bet my Chimjolt can tear more power plant **** up....lol

Naw but really, that looks great as does all the fakemon here. This is one of the few games I may play here!
Old August 17th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Alright, because we dont really get to see her much on PC, I figured I'd post these here.

Jocelyn has remade Helios and Selene, and very recently too, as I just got a hold of them.

These may or may not be editted, but this is the rough draft we have as of yet. Better or worse than the last ones? I'd like some opinions before I swap out the old sprites

founder of

Old August 17th, 2010, 07:57 PM
DialgaPalkiaGiratina
Kudos to zappyspiker

Hm...Maybe iinstead of Killing Rayquaza, he bddly injured him (really bad) And he fled some were secret and nobody was able to find him
Old August 17th, 2010, 08:20 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Okay Bards Sword doesn't have to listen to any of this crap, and I am no way affiliated with Pokemon Helio Version or the Emort Team, but I think the plot COULD be like this.

Julian Ronald Dag0n was a good trainer, but never good enough. He ascended Mt. Sanguit, the highest peak in all of Emort, to catch the legendary Pokemon Rayquazza. He had his Koffing use Poison Gas to weaken Rayquazza. However, Julian didn't know Rayquazza was already weakened by the daily toxins entering the Ozone. He couldn't believe that he had poisoned Rayquazza, much less the entire planet. He knew what he had to do, be the hero. He would use his remaining funds he earned as a trainer to pay criminals to help destroy earth, so more people would jump on to his bandwagon and go live in his moon colony. He would be a hero.

You had just gotten out of high school, your crush Selene (are we allowed to name her?) is with a man in his 20's. You decide to become a Pokemon Trainer to impress her. The same man, appears with another woman asks you later to join Team Solar and pollute the planet until it dies out so you can go to the moon and start over. You know this is absurd, and reject the offer, but then you fear for Selene's safety.

Idk what the mercernary is going to be called, perhaps some odd alias of sorts?
Old August 17th, 2010, 08:38 PM
brokenxnote

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by DialgaPalkiaGiratina View Post
Hm...Maybe iinstead of Killing Rayquaza, he bddly injured him (really bad) And he fled some were secret and nobody was able to find him
I don't get why so many people are like "OMG, DEATH? IN MAH POHKEEMANZ?! OH NOES! D:" [Please excuse my exaggeration lol.] Team Rocket killed Marowak in the official games, and that was INSIDE a Pokemon gravesite, where the rival asks if YOUR Pokemon died. It's not like a Pokemon dying is a new thing in the game. It's fine for Rayquaza to be killed in Helio.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 18th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Bards Sword
La Resistance!

AceDragonite-

Your proposed plot theory is identical to mine except Rayquaza doesn't die.

Really, the point of Rayquaza dying is to make Julian's insanity more logical. He's constantly blaming himself for killing Rayquaza., and wondering how he can "redeem" himself, so he decides to needs to essentially be the messiah and save everyone. I mean, what would cause you more mental stress? Poisoning a wounded pokemon, or killing the god of the sky?

Look, pokemon die in cannon. You don't see the death on-screen, it is just mentioned. I don't see what the problem is with that.

Also, yes, you can name Selene whatever you want. And the mercenary is, for now, just called "The Mercenary." Its too make him a bit creepier. Though we might come up with an alias.

Nothing beside remains.

Old August 18th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrmyt View Post
Alright, because we dont really get to see her much on PC, I figured I'd post these here.

Jocelyn has remade Helios and Selene, and very recently too, as I just got a hold of them.

These may or may not be editted, but this is the rough draft we have as of yet. Better or worse than the last ones? I'd like some opinions before I swap out the old sprites
Just bringing this back up, as i kind of do want opinions.

Also, at the moment you cannot name your crush [be it Selene or Helios]. Perhaps i will edit eventually, but for now its easier to keep them with solid names.

founder of

Old August 18th, 2010, 10:14 AM
AceDragonite
Champion

@ Bards Sword, it would be completely intoxicated, not just poisoned, but i sort of get what you are saying.
@Starrmyt well if you want some feedback on the trainers, its that Jocelyn is a very skilled spriter
Old August 18th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

i like to read fan-games, and i like being intrigued with different ideas, which make me have different ideas... i see alot of people complaining about your plot... quite frankley i see nothing wrong with your plot, except, killing off Rayquazza with a knife, abit, droney, wouldn't it make more sence to kill Rayquazza off with maybe the toxins or a Pokémon using Hyper Beam, knocking Rayquazza into a jagged rock...
im not judging your plot foresay, but, using a man made object to kill something who can levitate and use some "magical" attacks, with much higher strength and defence, than a human, you've made the creation of Pokémon seem somewhat diminished within your game... and moved it on to Pocket Monster Wars...

i thought, no matter how the games are created, at the end of the day, its "gotta catch 'em all".

feel free to comment and judge me all you like, but i have to go out now and i wanted to right this quickly, just so my facts are cleared.

thanks for your time.
Old August 18th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Bards Sword
La Resistance!

You make some good points, and don't worry. Its pokemon. Its still gotta catch em all. The killing off with the knife part I do understand your concern, how it might lower Rayquaza's status. I was trying to set it up, and I'm not sure if I did this correctly or well enough, that Julian is desperate. His pokeballs have been cracked, meaning he can't open them or use them, and he is pinned to the floor by Rayquaza. Rayquaza is literally on top of him, about to finish him off, when Julian sees a soft patch and stabs it, probably multiple times. That's what finishes Rayquaza.

I understand your concern, and to be honest the thought that it would diminish the powerful nature of legendaries and pokemon never occurred to me, but rest assured that their statue will stay as powerful as ever in the game. I no, I will not turn it into Pocket Monster Wars.

Thanks for the comment!

Nothing beside remains.

Old August 18th, 2010, 11:59 AM
AceDragonite
Champion

one question bards, is the solar guy Selene is with a grunt, or a higher rank?
Old August 18th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
one question bards, is the solar guy Selene is with a grunt, or a higher rank?
His name is Lieutenant Smith, and he's of rather high ranking, in the recruiting division, and later on, one of the cheif overseers of the hunt of the player.

founder of

Old August 18th, 2010, 03:47 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

yeah I was thinking along the lines of that, I like how you used Lieutenant instead of admin,commander,etc.
Smith is a little bland though, maybe Lieutenant Morningstar, something that goes along with the whole "team solar" thing.
Old August 18th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Bards Sword
La Resistance!

We have four ranks: Grunt, Lieutenant, Commander, and General. Smith and Jones are not yet final names, we'll get back to you if there are any changes. And I don't know if I could get away with "Morningstar"...you do know the Latin for Morningstar is Lucifer, don't you? It would be pretty much saying Lieutenant Satan. But we'll see. Actually, that may be a good pun. I don't know. We'll see.

Nothing beside remains.