The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Which starter would you pick?
Chamelica - Grass Starter 110 26.51%
Kittorch - Fire Starter 199 47.95%
Pireel - Water Starter 106 25.54%
Voters: 415. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 1st, 2011, 12:56 PM
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Nature: Hasty

Advertise here
Ladies and Gentlemen: The time has arrived.

WELCOME TO THE FIRST DEMO OF POKEMON HELIO VERSION!!!!

WOOO!!!!!!111

So, before we begin I’m just going to say a few things about it. We literally worked on it right up until…like now on this game, and we weren’t quite able to test out everything in the end. So the game will be great, but keep in mind, there will be bugs .

WITH that in mind, if you find any bugs, I’d really like it if you posted here. Also, if you’re downloading it to play, I’d also like to know, but you don't have to tell me. Its just a nice thing to know how many people are playing our game. So thanks for that!

AND NOW THE MOMENT YOU’RE ALL WAITING FOR:
Link time :D

Three links here: The Game, The RunTimePackage, and The RAR opener.

GAME: This link lets you download the game in .rar format; the files are kept inside.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?93gu3hey7cuxkve

RunTimePackage: This link allows you to run the game, as I’m not sure people without RMXP can play the game without it. So here. [instructions are at the bottom]
http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download-rtp.html#xp

and finally, the RAR opener. Some people have it, some don't. So here’s the link. It extracts files from .rars
http://www.win-rar.com/downloads/rar/wrar393.exe

EDIT: Also optional, you can change the screensize in "options" in the opening menu; it looks nicer. Either way works.

founder of

Last edited by Starrmyt; January 1st, 2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old January 1st, 2011, 01:09 PM
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Nature: Relaxed
I'll give it a run through, I've been a fan of this game for a while. I'm not sure if you posted it here, but how far does the demo go? I think it'd be useful for people like me to know so we don't spend a lot of time trying to get past the end of the demo.
Old January 1st, 2011, 01:20 PM
me2hack
Graphics Artist

Nature: Quiet
Little error when loading the game, if you get an error with this: "RGSS104E.dll" change it "RGSS102E.dll".

Old January 1st, 2011, 01:23 PM
Omn
Moogle King

Nature: Jolly
Me2hack i got that error saying that file couldn't be found where do you find the file rgss104e.dll so i can change it

Old January 1st, 2011, 01:25 PM
aquakip
You jealous, betch

Nature: Naive
Sorry everyone. That's an error on my part. I forgot to change it in notepad.

EDIT:
Actually. It should work...if it does not though, and you are getting that error above. Open it in notepad and change 1.04 to 1.02. It should work...

Co-Founder & Artist of

Last edited by aquakip; January 1st, 2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old January 1st, 2011, 01:29 PM
~Turtwig~
Hello Peoplez

the starters sprites in this are so well awsome i dont know which one to chose!

GAMES I SUPPORT:
Spoiler:

Others I support may not have support banners or I can't find them!
Old January 1st, 2011, 01:32 PM
me2hack
Graphics Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn View Post
Me2hack i got that error saying that file couldn't be found where do you find the file rgss104e.dll so i can change it
In the Game.ini file. The only text file.
Edit: Oww gawd!! Gen V tiles.. Seriously?! I hate them, but whatever, it isn't my game.
I kinda dislike the fact that the doors aren't centered and that the music loop is kinda bad. S=

Old January 1st, 2011, 01:36 PM
KaiVii
Mime Jr.

I've downloaded and look forward to playing!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196223

Old January 1st, 2011, 01:38 PM
Omn
Moogle King

kk thank you after searching i finall y realised it was right in front of my eyes now it keeps telling me that it can't rgss102.dll file

Old January 1st, 2011, 01:43 PM
me2hack
Graphics Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn View Post
kk thank you after searching i finall y realised it was right in front of my eyes now it keeps telling me that it can't rgss102.dll file
Dude! It's RGSS102E.dll. Just copy paste it.

Old January 1st, 2011, 01:44 PM
XmasterchiefX
DMR's ar kewl so I herd

Nature: Docile
I did everything of above but didn't work, after that, I searched for the RGSS102E.dll in the other stuff folder and moved it in the folder where the game is and it worked.
EDIT: Me2Hack just posted that before me xD
EDIT2: Err I dont find any spaces between words they're all together

I support~

Last edited by XmasterchiefX; January 1st, 2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old January 1st, 2011, 01:44 PM
BadSamaritan
Its time for overtime

Just started the game, but I take it you made it so you walk on water on purpose?
Old January 1st, 2011, 01:47 PM
Omn
Moogle King

awesome i got it to work thanks XmasterchiefX and me2hack

Old January 1st, 2011, 01:48 PM
aquakip
You jealous, betch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyboy View Post
Just started the game, but I take it you made it so you walk on water on purpose?
That is one of the known bugs. We forgot to fix that before uploading.

Co-Founder & Artist of

Old January 1st, 2011, 01:55 PM
me2hack
Graphics Artist

On another note, encrypt your data, that way no one can steal your tiles and scripts.

Old January 1st, 2011, 01:57 PM
XmasterchiefX
DMR's ar kewl so I herd

Just started with Pireel, and I lol'd when the friend Aaron told him not to ruin his life lol.
And I think I got a little bug, in the conversations of the characters there are'nt any spaces between the words they are just together... And some of the descriptions like of attacks and abilities dont fit..
EDIT: I got a runtime error when battling Selene and closed the game ):

I support~

Last edited by XmasterchiefX; January 1st, 2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old January 1st, 2011, 01:58 PM
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Nature: Relaxed
The first fight with Selene gave me an error, I'll post it at the bottom of the post. I don't really like that the text boxes are third gen style, but that can be overlooked. Some of the char sheets aren't formatted properly, most notably the heavy man. There are priority errors with the stair cases, which I have a possible solution for, and stair tiles should be moved over a pixel on the sheet. A few of the events could use the wait command, and the pokedex event should have the leaving characters move farther. Selene should move up at least one tile, and the boy and professor at least two, but three would be better.

Weird, I just tried the fight again and it worked, so I can't get the error for you.

For a demo, it's pretty good so far, it just needs some touching up. Hope I didn't come off as offensive, because that wasn't my intention.
Old January 1st, 2011, 01:59 PM
me2hack
Graphics Artist

@MasterChief: Install the fonts and you won't get that error, I believe.

Old January 1st, 2011, 02:01 PM
BadSamaritan
Its time for overtime

Just made it to the second town. My main impressions so far are...

The battling seems a bit too fast paced, don't know if its because I'm used to the slower d/p style or not, it just seems like there should be longer wait between one area of text or attack to the next.

The selane chick seems to have no personality and has some crazy temper problem, and it comes off as very unrealistic. I would say try and tone down her anger a bit. With that said, I like the story of what I assume is her joining the evil team(I haven't read anything regarding the story in the thread yet).

And lastly, I'm a bit dissappointed I made all of the cries for the pokemon in the demo, but yet only a few are in. It would be one thing If I finished them like two days ago, but I'm fairly certain I finished them like a month ago, and I assume putting sounds in the game isn't that big of a deal.

But its pretty decent, and the tiles look phenomenal.

edit: Oh, and whats wrong with the main characters face? during battle it looks like he want's to beat someone up.
Old January 1st, 2011, 02:09 PM
XmasterchiefX
DMR's ar kewl so I herd

Fixed the font error it just ocurred if I chose the D/P fonts but with the Fire red and leaf green it worked, going to battle Selene again to see if I get the runtime error again

I support~

Old January 1st, 2011, 02:10 PM
aquakip
You jealous, betch

Quote:
Just made it to the second town. My main impressions so far are...

The battling seems a bit too fast paced, don't know if its because I'm used to the slower d/p style or not, it just seems like there should be longer wait between one area of text or attack to the next.

The selane chick seems to have no personality and has some crazy temper problem, and it comes off as very unrealistic. I would say try and tone down her anger a bit. With that said, I like the story of what I assume is her joining the evil team(I haven't read anything regarding the story in the thread yet).

And lastly, I'm a bit dissappointed I made all of the cries for the pokemon in the demo, but yet only a few are in. It would be one thing If I finished them like two days ago, but I'm fairly certain I finished them like a month ago, and I assume putting sounds in the game isn't that big of a deal.

But its pretty decent, and the tiles look phenomenal.

edit: Oh, and whats wrong with the main characters face? during battle it looks like he want's to beat someone up.
I VMd you about the cries.

I'll respond to the graphical comment. Sam and Evan can respond to the others. He looks like he wants to beat someone up because I suck at backsprites. xD

Also. Another bug. The second sign on Route 301 should say "Press Enter." and not "Press A." Please forgive me for that.

Co-Founder & Artist of

Old January 1st, 2011, 02:23 PM
BadSamaritan
Its time for overtime

Hey, the backsprite is good, the mouth thing was the only thing I find a little odd.

The only glitch I've found so far, is sometimes when you catch a pokemon, the sound for entering a battle randomly plays. Sometimes its immediately after you catch the pokemon, or sometimes while reading its pokedex.

BTW, the battle with the first arachnia using trainer is HARD as hell if you chose chamelica. I realize you can catch pokemon, but I had a lv.13 chamelica going up again it, and while the level 4 one is easy due to only having harden, the level 5 one is extremely difficult as it has poison sting. Not much of a complaint, but given the quick pace of the game, I think many people will run into this.

I'm also not liking having to backtrack all the way to the starter town immediately when you reach the second. But thats a minor complaint as well.
Old January 1st, 2011, 02:26 PM
me2hack
Graphics Artist

Quote:
Hey, the backsprite is good, the mouth thing was the only thing I find a little odd.

The only glitch I've found so far, is sometimes when you catch a pokemon, the sound for entering a battle randomly plays. Sometimes its immediately after you catch the pokemon, or sometimes while reading its pokedex.
It's the song itself, it's is in a loop that's what causes it. =[

Old January 1st, 2011, 02:31 PM
Cavou
Togepi

For me I don't really like how it's B/W looking.The screenshots that you took down was what I thought the game would be like, and I liked the small sprites......like in the support bar.

Old January 1st, 2011, 02:34 PM
Birdybot
-insert witty phrase here-

I personally love the graphics. I think you need to make the music a little better when it loops, and when after you fight Seleste for the first time the characters need to move further away before they disappear, at the moment they vanish on screen.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here