The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Which starter would you pick?
Chamelica - Grass Starter 110 26.51%
Kittorch - Fire Starter 199 47.95%
Pireel - Water Starter 106 25.54%
Voters: 415. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 6th, 2010, 11:36 AM
The Cynic
♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bards Sword View Post
@Cynic: Thanks for taking so much interest! I'm afraid the E4 is already decided. You could be The Mercenary, or have another character based on you, but you'll have to qualify! No free rides, I'm afraid. In order to have someone in game based on you, you have to do something for Emort. No, its nothing like the Godfather. Just help out with the process in any way you can. See my above post. If we deem you to have put in the most effort, we'll reward you by basing the Mercenary off you.

And to anyone who helps out, even if you don't get a supporting character based on you: you will be in the game somehow.
Its OK, I don't want to force my way into your hard work. Incidently, in which way could I help this project? I fail graphically, so that would be out the picture (besides you seem to be doing well enough at that as it is!). I'm a ROM hacker so I wouldn't be able to help mapping or scripting. The only things I could offer would be ideas and storyline (which Bard already has down to a T!) or Beta testing (which you might not want to keep within your current team). I guess I'll just stick to criticism/suggestion/support if I can't help elsewhere. All I really want is for this game to be successful. Keep up the good work!

~The Cynic~

Old February 6th, 2010, 02:20 PM
zane203
Zetsumei barer

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to zane203 Send a message via Yahoo to zane203
love the sleekness of it man =] keep updated on the project =D

Old February 6th, 2010, 02:40 PM
インフェルノの津波
Seriously?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Dang, you're tiles are almost as good as mercurysky's! Did you make them yourself, or did someone else did? If so, who?
Old February 6th, 2010, 04:19 PM
aquakip
You jealous, betch

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoThePinnacleOfMasteryAndPerfection View Post
Dang, you're tiles are almost as good as mercurysky's! Did you make them yourself, or did someone else did? If so, who?
Lol. MercurySky (or Hydrargirum as i know him) and I both get our tiles from a series of other artists such as Kymotonian (KyleDove). Those tiles are made by him and some (few) are made by me.

Same goes for MercurySky. It says on his DA account where he gets his tiles from. And that's multiple sources. But thank you anyhow. I'm sure KyleDove enjoys hearing that. I will be updating soon. What would everyone like to see next? Screenshot? Sprite? Gym Leader?

PS Banners will be updated in next post. Sorry for the wait.

~Aqua

Co-Founder & Artist of

Old February 6th, 2010, 04:35 PM
The Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquakip View Post
Lol. MercurySky (or Hydrargirum as i know him) and I both get our tiles from a series of other artists such as Kymotonian (KyleDove). Those tiles are made by him and some (few) are made by me.

Same goes for MercurySky. It says on his DA account where he gets his tiles from. And that's multiple sources. But thank you anyhow. I'm sure KyleDove enjoys hearing that. I will be updating soon. What would everyone like to see next? Screenshot? Sprite? Gym Leader?

PS Banners will be updated in next post. Sorry for the wait.

~Aqua
Banners would be good, I'd use one but I get too carried away and end up with too large a sig. Thats why my sig. only uses text links to gams/hacks.

Gym Leader(s) maybe for next update?

~The Cynic~

Old February 7th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Bards Sword
La Resistance!

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cynic View Post
The only things I could offer would be ideas and storyline (which Bard already has down to a T!) or Beta testing (which you might not want to keep within your current team). I guess I'll just stick to criticism/suggestion/support if I can't help elsewhere.
We'd love to have you Beta test, but we're making our project on RMXP. You would need to have the program itself to BETA test it. If not, we welcome all your ideas and comments!

KYLE: If you don't show Muhammad, then you've made a distinction what is okay to poke fun at, and what isn't. Either it's all okay, or none of it is.

And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains.

MACBETH: I will not yield
To kiss the ground before young Malcom's feet
And to be baited with the rabble's curse
Though Birnam Wood be come to Dunsinane
And thou opposed, being of no woman born
Yet I will try the last. Before my body
I throw my warlike shield. Lay on, Macduff
And damned be he that first cries, "Hold, enough!"

Old February 7th, 2010, 09:17 AM
The Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bards Sword View Post
We'd love to have you Beta test, but we're making our project on RMXP. You would need to have the program itself to BETA test it. If not, we welcome all your ideas and comments!
Thanks a lot! It would be an honour. I'l just download RMXP then...

If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to PM or VM me.

Old February 7th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

You don't need to have RMXP to play a game made in it. As long as the developer includes the RGSS102E.dll file and turns off RTP dependency.
Old February 7th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
You don't need to have RMXP to play a game made in it. As long as the developer includes the RGSS102E.dll file and turns off RTP dependency.
Really? I wasnt aware of this...xD

Well, anyway, if this is the case, then we'll probably get Cynic started soon on beta testing.

We definitely need it. Uhm....we do have the banners ready, but because Aquakip made them, I'll let him post them. Later. :D

founder of

Old February 7th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Turquoise
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
I would love to be a beta-tester, I would also like to help the game with spriting and such.

Friends are precious and so is life.
Don't forget your family and pets and always give yours thanks to God.
Tyler says:
hope for the best, prepare for the worst
Old February 7th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Starrmyt
Kittorch

I'm sorry, but we dont need more than 2 beta testers, and as it were, we already had one. So we're only accepting Cynic. Sorry. :D

With that said, you are all welcome to play the demo when we come out with it :3

founder of

Old February 8th, 2010, 07:51 PM
aquakip
You jealous, betch

Finally, eh? Yeah, I was preparing for a big update. :D

So, I hope you guys don't mind supporting us by placing one of these banners in your Signature.

There's one for both sexes(or genders). Boy and Girl, vice versa e.g. the moon/sun, etc.

Now for a bigger update, that I hope everyone likes. Gym Leader time!!

(Made by Jocelyn and myself)
Gym Leader #1 : Warren
Etymology of Name : Warren was the name of the first Gym Leader ever since this project started. We never really thought about the relation of names to the types, so when we started revamping the Gym Leaders, we kept his name the same.
Runs the gym of Whimbrel Town and gives out the Pale Badge
Type used : Normal
Biographical Background : Warren spends most of his time training in the Whimbrel Gardens. Sometimes he may even hold Gym Battles there because he feels so attatched.

(Made by Jocelyn and myself)
Gym Leader #2 : Hayden
Etymology of Name : Hayden, in some languages, means 'The Rosy Meadow'.
Runs the gym of Avocet City and gives out the Blossom Badge
Type used : Grass
Biographical Background : Hayden loves to garden. Her garden grows just outside the Avocet Woods, where her Gym Battles happen to take place, underneath beautiful arches of flowers and hills of plants that are only found there.

And that's the end of the update.

~Aqua

Co-Founder & Artist of

Last edited by aquakip; February 8th, 2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Well thanks for the enormous update, Aquakip!

Yeah, a brief update on my part, we're currently working on the scriptings for the first few towns, and we're hoping to get a demo out soon, but don't hold your breath.

Now that we have the areas of the demo finally all mapped out and fixed, we can now turn to the more detailed parts, such as inputting pokemon. Speaking of which, we'll be updating a bunch now with new pokemon, directly from our deviantart page,

And I hope you all put our banner in your sigs! :D

Thanks, and good night folks.
-Evan [Starrmyt]

founder of

Last edited by Starrmyt; February 10th, 2010 at 06:00 AM.
Old February 11th, 2010, 02:03 PM
aquakip
You jealous, betch

I updated the first post with a post-story screenshot.

I would really like some feedback, too.

~Aqua

Co-Founder & Artist of

Old February 11th, 2010, 02:54 PM
The Cynic

I really like the new snowy screenshot. Is that a legendary perhaps? An Abomasow evo perhaps? I guess I'll have to wait and see.

The spriting and tiling work on this gane is of very high quality and updates are regular. I can see this is a game with a lot of heart in it. Keep it up!

The gym leaders look good also. Peraps you could disclose a little more about Warren's personality?

Looking forward to more fakemon. A lot of people don't like fakemon but I think it makes a hack more personal and much more like an official game.

I can only ask for you to keep it up and don't ever let this project die. I'm looking forward to testing.

Old February 11th, 2010, 02:55 PM
smackay-
Charizard...

This is looking great :D
Hope you keep it up
Old February 11th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Route
Slowpoke

Do you guys need any help?
Old February 12th, 2010, 08:17 PM
aquakip
You jealous, betch

We don't need much help with the project. I'd say we've got everything covered. Except for the position of Scripter. I need someone who can assist me in scripting the game. Someone who is experienced/knows what they're doing.

Thank you for all the comments! :D

We have updated the first post with a video, and pretty soon, maybe we'll be moved to 'The Showcase' section!

~Aqua

Co-Founder & Artist of

Old February 12th, 2010, 08:23 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
One question, your not using the starter kit are you?
Old February 13th, 2010, 12:32 PM
aquakip
You jealous, betch

Updated the first post with progress bars.

Just for...well can't say that. Just for craps and chuckles (less profane).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post
One question, your not using the starter kit are you?
And no, I am not using Poccil's starter kit. I don't really see how it helps. Why?

Co-Founder & Artist of

Old February 13th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

It helps to those who can't script, but you obviously can.
The maps are great and you've used the public tiles to their fullest.

The progress bars are just like I would/was going to design mine, now I need to do a different design

Demo Beta out Now!

Old February 13th, 2010, 12:59 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquakip View Post
Updated the first post with progress bars.

Just for...well can't say that. Just for craps and chuckles (less profane).

And no, I am not using Poccil's starter kit. I don't really see how it helps. Why?
Well It helps a huge amount, its battle system is complete,Items are set to work properly, It has a night and day system, things like the town map.the pc, Pokecenter the pokemon are all programmed. Basically what you see in pokemon games are in the starter kit you just make everything your own by changing the graphics putting in new pokemon( I see you have fakemon) etc....You should try it your game will take a giant leap and will get you over a huge hump to where you can focus on making the game really yours like your events and stuff.
Old February 13th, 2010, 01:01 PM
kaijerem
Beginning Trainer

good luck for your project!!!
Old February 13th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post
Well It helps a huge amount, its battle system is complete,Items are set to work properly, It has a night and day system, things like the town map.the pc, Pokecenter the pokemon are all programmed. Basically what you see in pokemon games are in the starter kit you just make everything your own by changing the graphics putting in new pokemon( I see you have fakemon) etc....You should try it your game will take a giant leap and will get you over a huge hump to where you can focus on making the game really yours like your events and stuff.
Well I'd have to disagree. Even though it does do all of the above, I think that if you have the experience to script it all yourself it's much more worth while to do that. Apart from fully making it your own, your game will also be a lot more popular for not using the kit like nearly every other.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old February 13th, 2010, 01:14 PM
The Cynic

Watched the video... mapping is good. I notice the town you start in is very dusty with a lot of dead grass. Is that linked to the global warming plotline?

Can't wait to see the inside of Warren's gym!

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links