Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Which starter would you pick?
Chamelica - Grass Starter 110 26.51%
Kittorch - Fire Starter 199 47.95%
Pireel - Water Starter 106 25.54%
Voters: 415. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:46 PM
aquakip
You jealous, betch

Nature: Naive

Advertise here
why is almost nobody commenting in our thread? We'd like some feedback. Right now we're running blind, not knowing if the public really likes the game or not. :/

Well, I made a wallpaper cuz I was bored.

http://yfrog.com/1fchibis2p

It features the starters in chibi form.

Co-Founder & Artist of

Old June 11th, 2010, 12:58 PM
The Cynic
♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥

Nature: Quirky
I just havn't commented recently because frankly everyhting seems hunky-dory at the moment. I wouldn't mind some new screenshots however...

Old June 11th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Bards Sword
La Resistance!

Nature: Rash
You know, I know I'm just the plot guy here, but I would like to say I HAVE seen a ton of new screens, and I have no idea why they're not up here yet. Starrmyt and Aquakip: Come on, get 'em up. I'm waiting too.

PS. NO THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID JOKES!!!
Me, I hang around the game development sections, giving plot advice and whatnot.

KYLE: If you don't show Muhammad, then you've made a distinction what is okay to poke fun at, and what isn't. Either it's all okay, or none of it is.

And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains.

MACBETH: I will not yield
To kiss the ground before young Malcom's feet
And to be baited with the rabble's curse
Though Birnam Wood be come to Dunsinane
And thou opposed, being of no woman born
Yet I will try the last. Before my body
I throw my warlike shield. Lay on, Macduff
And damned be he that first cries, "Hold, enough!"

Old June 11th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Come on, get 'em up. I'm waiting too.
That's what she said. XD XD XD
---

And now, onto our very first Friday SCREENSHOT UPDATE!!!

Our first bunch of screenshots will take you through the Intro, Oriole Town, Route 301, a battle, and Whimbrel Town.

Enjoy :D

--------

founder of

Old June 11th, 2010, 07:09 PM
tommzy2
Beginning Trainer

very nice, i cant wait for the release of this game.
Old June 12th, 2010, 04:58 AM
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
those screens are amazing
pocket monster trainer
Old June 12th, 2010, 08:20 AM
aquakip
You jealous, betch

Another sprite update. Chippen and evo Munkadro. I'll give a bit more info this time:

Chippen
The Chipmunk Pokemon
Type: Normal
Ability: Pick Up

This Pokemon can be found wandering around Route 301 during the morning. It scavenges for food early so it can retreat back to it's nest before the predators come out.

Munkadro
The Theif Pokemon
Type: Normal/Dark
Ability: Pick Up

Munkadro love to hide in the shadows of the forest. Because of their great speed, they tend to steal food and valuables from passersby. Particularly at night. There are unheard spottings of them on Route 301, even though that is where they reside.

Chippen>>lv. 27>>Munkadro

Co-Founder & Artist of

Old June 13th, 2010, 12:31 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

well there's the game's "rattata".
and btw, aqua, are there any "new" types in Helio
(for example, Light, Sound, Cosmic)?
pocket monster trainer
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Those questions should probably be directed to me, the project's leader.

Though I'm sure Aquakip could answer that.

The answer to that is no. We at Perihelion Productions feel that new types are stupid. They serve no purpose, as the current 17 types cover just about everything.

But yes. I hope that answers your question

founder of

Old June 17th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Bards Sword
La Resistance!

Nature: Rash
Hey, Bards here with a special message:

Spoiler:
BUMP!

No, but seriously, Starrmyt has some more screens now but can't double post, so I have to fill the void. I would like to give away more plot info, but I don't wanna spoil things, so stay tunned for screens!
Me, I hang around the game development sections, giving plot advice and whatnot.

KYLE: If you don't show Muhammad, then you've made a distinction what is okay to poke fun at, and what isn't. Either it's all okay, or none of it is.

And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains.

MACBETH: I will not yield
To kiss the ground before young Malcom's feet
And to be baited with the rabble's curse
Though Birnam Wood be come to Dunsinane
And thou opposed, being of no woman born
Yet I will try the last. Before my body
I throw my warlike shield. Lay on, Macduff
And damned be he that first cries, "Hold, enough!"

Old June 17th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Well, screens are coming in Friday, so I cannot post them just yet, but if need be I will edit this post with them tomorrow if nobody posts after this. I do hope that someone DOES post after this, because we'd like some more of a fanbase.

So, I'll begin with what I missed on Monday....Our third CHARACTER UPDATE!
---

Prof. Charles Palm, Ph.D

Professor Palm was born in Oriole Town. As a boy, he was always obsessed with animals, in particular pokemon. Science was his favorite subject in school, with his report cards showing all A's all the way through high school. For class science fairs, Charlie normally took first prize. The beginning of his triumphs was in 11th grade, when he invented an early prototype of the pokedex. He then attended Mokep University, where he graduated *** laude with a degree in biology. He took graduate classes in biology at Sterom University and graduated again *** laude.

Armed with his masters in biology, Professor Palm returned to Mokep University and taught senior biology there, as well as several graduate courses. Over his career, his thoughts began to stray to his old science fair projects. Discovering his prototype of the pokedex, he set out to perfect it. With the help of the fellow professor Vinnie Pine, he perfected the pokedex, and gave his ideas to an older man named Oak in Pallet town, Kanto. The pair then quit their jobs to test the device. Unfortunately, the duo accidently ran into and enraged a Leafegon. The pokemon attacked the unarmed pair, severely wounding Professor Palm and killing Professor Pine. Limping back to Oriole Town, Professor Palm had his wounds treated, but could never fully recover. Instead of going out into the world himself, he resolved to learn as much about pokemon as he could and encourage others to complete the task he failed at.

Professor Palm is a kind, gentle, man, though he can get excited easily. He retains his child-like curiosity and is often considered an inspiring figure. Time and Life magazine called him the most influential man of the decade.

founder of

Old June 17th, 2010, 04:29 PM
brokenxnote

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
oh hey, i can make a post before friday. ill feel helpful haha

really liking what i see so far. very well made from the looks of things. the day this game or a beta gets released will be a good one indeed haha. good luck on it, and keep up the good work. ill be keeping my eye on this thread :D
Old June 17th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Looks good, but the Professor's sprite looks a bit too tall for the 240x160 resolution. Maybe use the FRLG Oak sprite as a base?
A MODEST PROPOSAL
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7766537
Old June 17th, 2010, 10:31 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

palm looks a hell of a lot like oak...
pocket monster trainer
Old June 18th, 2010, 03:41 AM
Wilcomon
Best mapper you've ever seen

Loolz i was begon(making a game on rmxp)
i was thinking, al profs are tree's i call mine palm(game isnt there no thread to)
i was looking for some hacks 2 play(bored cuz can't find how to let give starterpokemon)
came up hire and saw PROF palm,(idk from this before)
but may i use it in my game(or i will chance his name?)
Old June 18th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Le Creep!
~don't act blonde.

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Le Creep!
I absolutely love the Starters, and how you've put the HG/SS Pokegear in as well.

Can't wait! *bookmark*
Soul Silver FC; reset game, please delete fc
Platinum FC; reset game, please delete fc
Old June 20th, 2010, 03:30 PM
aquakip
You jealous, betch

YAY! This is the most enjoyable time for me. I get to share the sprites. :D

Arachnia
The BoneSpider Pokemon
Type: Poison/Bug
Ability: Poison Point

These Pokemon bathe in acid to replenish their supply of poison. It is stored in a gore-like container on its abdomen, shaped like a homosapien skull.

Venochnid
The Vile Pokemon
Type: Poison/Bug
Ability: Poison Point

Venochnid carry their eggs around strung across the front of their skull-like abdomen. This is because the warmth of the poison inside of them speeds up the incubation process.

Arachnia>>lv. 35>>Venochnid

Co-Founder & Artist of

Old June 20th, 2010, 04:06 PM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Thats actually not bad... who's your spriter? Forgive me I dont feel like viewing the first post.

EDIT: I just saw your video, u might wanna change the players movement speed he looks like he's skating on ice.
Also why are you using that speech box, why not use the traditional pokemon one it looks better. and why are your map transitions like that the doors should open and the maps should be connected so each map seamlessly transitions like the orginal pokemon games.
My personal website. UPDATED 8/29/2013

Last edited by KingCharizard; June 20th, 2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old June 20th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCharizard View Post
Thats actually not bad... who's your spriter? Forgive me I dont feel like viewing the first post.

EDIT: I just saw your video, u might wanna change the players movement speed he looks like he's skating on ice.
Also why are you using that speech box, why not use the traditional pokemon one it looks better. and why are your map transitions like that the doors should open and the maps should be connected so each map seamlessly transitions like the orginal pokemon games.
Ah, I'm sorry. Our video is EXTREMELY outdated. That was before we used the starter kit. We'll put up a new one within the week.

Screenshot update tomorrow: Route 302, Whimbrel Gardens, and Palm's lab! :D

founder of

Old June 21st, 2010, 08:55 AM
aquakip
You jealous, betch

New logo put up on first post. Doesn't look good on a black background, for you can see the edges of yellow.

Starrmyt (Evan) made this.

Co-Founder & Artist of

Old June 21st, 2010, 09:58 AM
AceDragonite
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrmyt View Post
Ah, I'm sorry. Our video is EXTREMELY outdated. That was before we used the starter kit. We'll put up a new one within the week.

Screenshot update tomorrow: Route 302, Whimbrel Gardens, and Palm's lab! :D
actually I thought it was pretty good, and Aqua, isn't level 35 a bit much for a bug pokemon, or this is not our stereotypical caterpie?
pocket monster trainer
Old June 21st, 2010, 09:58 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

I like the new screens, they're a lot better than the previous ones. And also you seem to be the only game using that specific style now.

The new logo is ok, but it's basically a recolour of the normal one. I'd say you should base it around your name, but it isn't a stone/metal xD

On a side note, I don't think you should keep updating so much, it seems one person posts, a creator does, another person posts, two creators do and on and on.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old June 25th, 2010, 04:51 PM
SkyriderStas
Trying to make a game. Help!!!

Amazing screen shots!
Old June 25th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Thanks, SkyriderStas! And to answer to that, I have three new screenshots, all of which are showcasing the new Dual Screen function we're bringing into Pokemon Helio.

--

founder of

Old June 26th, 2010, 09:02 AM
BadSamaritan
Its time for overtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrmyt View Post
Thanks, SkyriderStas! And to answer to that, I have three new screenshots, all of which are showcasing the new Dual Screen function we're bringing into Pokemon Helio.
I don't know why so many people are introducing dual screens into their project. The ENTIRE point of the the dual screen for the ds is so one can be touch screen. With out the touch aspect, even if you can click on it, it loses its purpose completely. Really, if you need to have more stuff on the screen, just increase the screen resolution.

Also, The lab looks really odd. It looks like there in some futuristic space ship with the oddly shaped windows and all of the white. My main problem is how empty it looks, even if it has other machines in the rest of the lab, your going to want the area where your getting your very first pokemon to be exciting. I think one thing that would help immensly would be a design on the carpet, as right now its just a plain color...
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here