Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page Pokémon Helio Version

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Which starter would you pick?
Chamelica - Grass Starter 110 26.51%
Kittorch - Fire Starter 199 47.95%
Pireel - Water Starter 106 25.54%
Voters: 415. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old July 19th, 2010 (12:14 PM).
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by stardustdragon:
How long until you release the demo.

that was a little pushy, don't you think?
Especially for someone with 3 posts....

Anyway, I love Mossachuset, Aqua.
(MA is my home state, I'm guessing that's the play on words)
Nice Sprites
Old July 19th, 2010 (01:29 PM).
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by AceDragonite:
(MA is my home state, I'm guessing that's the play on words)
Nice Sprites

Yessir, our old spriter DRaB came up with the names for them: Moston and Mosachuset. A Play on Boston and Massachusetts.

founder of

Old July 20th, 2010 (11:15 AM).
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Warpras, please refrain from spamming the forum, all of your posts which consist only of "Nice game here. Continue like that " will be deleted, and you will be warned.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one of mine really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old July 22nd, 2010 (06:26 AM).
Starrmyt
Kittorch

So....new screenshot with new sprite :D

Aquakip made us a new Koffing sprite

Kittorch vs. Koffing, the first battle you're likely to see in the game. Unless of course you pick Chamelica or Pireel xD

founder of

Old July 22nd, 2010 (06:49 AM).
Jayje
The First Maker
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Jayje Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jayje Send a message via Yahoo to Jayje
that looks pretty sweet. the new koffing sprites a nice touch. a bit cutesy but good

Pokemon Emerald TEAM CHALLENGE!!
Old July 23rd, 2010 (09:43 AM).
tomatoman
Beginning Trainer

Looks great, but Palm just looks like Oak with an orange shirt

Old July 23rd, 2010 (10:13 AM).
BadSamaritan
This isn't even my final form!!!

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by tomatoman:
Looks great, but Palm just looks like Oak with an orange shirt
Yeah, and its not like one has grey hair and one has brown hair, and its not like their pants are different, and its not like they both have a different build as far as muscle mass goes. Just so you know, a SIMILAR face doesn't mean they're the same.

Also, the new screen is nice, but why is there a koffing in a forest?
Old July 23rd, 2010 (11:53 AM).
Kam the Narwhal
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Rickyboy:
Yeah, and its not like one has grey hair and one has brown hair, and its not like their pants are different, and its not like they both have a different build as far as muscle mass goes. Just so you know, a SIMILAR face doesn't mean they're the same.

Also, the new screen is nice, but why is there a koffing in a forest?
You're presumably fighting a member of the evil team as your first battle.
Old July 23rd, 2010 (12:21 PM). Edited July 23rd, 2010 by aquakip.
aquakip
You jealous, betch

Nature: Naive
Well...only time will tell, now. Right?

Co-Founder & Artist of

Old July 23rd, 2010 (03:08 PM).
tomatoman
Beginning Trainer

Look at the pictures I dont know, it looks like an edit at best
Attached Thumbnails
oakpalm.png‎  

Old July 23rd, 2010 (03:30 PM).
BadSamaritan

Quote originally posted by tomatoman:
Look at the pictures I dont know, it looks like an edit at best
Ha, and edit at best, thats great. I would however like to know how you "edit" a sprite to something 2 times bigger than it. Plus now I see I wasn't even right about the faces being similar, they're far different given shape, and most notably the eyes, which most people consider the most distinctive part of a face.

Yes, you can say the collar, hand gesture, and belt buckle look similar, but I see nothing here but possibly some referencing. If even, given that most of the professors have that same pose anyways.
Old July 23rd, 2010 (04:48 PM). Edited July 23rd, 2010 by DarkDoom3000.
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
The hair and the eyes look kinda similar.
Old July 23rd, 2010 (05:50 PM).
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp

Nature: Quiet
Because that is the wrong Oak youre looking for.

Spoiler:

This is the one he 'edited'.He used the HGSSS one instead of 'that' one in RMXP.

I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

contact me here or at [email protected].

Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_BN/index.php?act=idx
Old July 23rd, 2010 (06:05 PM).
lx_theo
Game Developer

Nature: Careful
Ha, and edit at best, thats great. I would however like to know how you "edit" a sprite to something 2 times bigger than it. Plus now I see I wasn't even right about the faces being similar, they're far different given shape, and most notably the eyes, which most people consider the most distinctive part of a face.

Yes, you can say the collar, hand gesture, and belt buckle look similar, but I see nothing here but possibly some referencing. If even, given that most of the professors have that same pose anyways.
Dude, its a blatant edit. The stance is the same. Its a good edit (not great, as it still looks a bit like the original design), but you can tell its an edit of the HGSS Oak through the stance and body shape.

Old July 23rd, 2010 (06:05 PM).
tomatoman
Beginning Trainer

right, the other one looks like a midget, my bad

Old July 23rd, 2010 (06:56 PM).
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Quote originally posted by Karel_Kazuki:
Because that is the wrong Oak youre looking for.

Spoiler:

This is the one he 'edited'.He used the HGSSS one instead of 'that' one in RMXP.
Very sharp eyes you have, Karel_Kazuki :D. Yes, it is an edit of the HGSS sprite in question. But give us credit, its not half bad. We had to scrap it together for screens, and we didnt have much time.

MOREOVER, Palm is being re...sprited. His design is much less like Oak's now, but he's still the same...person he was before. So good job on finding us out, all of you. Though I have to say i thought that this controversial Oak/Palm thing should have happened a while ago. xD

founder of

Old July 23rd, 2010 (07:07 PM).
BadSamaritan

Quote originally posted by lx_theo:
Dude, its a blatant edit. The stance is the same. Its a good edit (not great, as it still looks a bit like the original design), but you can tell its an edit of the HGSS Oak through the stance and body shape.
Well, not exactly my fault. I haven't played the hg/ss games enough to really know what the hg/ss Oak looks like off the top of my head. Plus, my points were valid, he doesn't really look like oak much(not saying there aren't some similarities), and my other point was valid in the sense it WASN'T and edit of the sprite he used for his example. I think you think I was referring to the sprite posted AFTER my post.
Old July 23rd, 2010 (07:26 PM).
lx_theo
Game Developer

Quote originally posted by Starrmyt:
Very sharp eyes you have, Karel_Kazuki :D. Yes, it is an edit of the HGSS sprite in question. But give us credit, its not half bad. We had to scrap it together for screens, and we didnt have much time.

MOREOVER, Palm is being re...sprited. His design is much less like Oak's now, but he's still the same...person he was before. So good job on finding us out, all of you. Though I have to say i thought that this controversial Oak/Palm thing should have happened a while ago. xD
lol, perhaps it should have. It seemed like a minor, even though obvious concern to me, so thats why I never bothered saying anything about it.

Well, not exactly my fault. I haven't played the hg/ss games enough to really know what the hg/ss Oak looks like off the top of my head. Plus, my points were valid, he doesn't really look like oak much(not saying there aren't some similarities), and my other point was valid in the sense it WASN'T and edit of the sprite he used for his example. I think you think I was referring to the sprite posted AFTER my post.
True, but you were never defending the argument that it was an edit of a specific sprite, considering it began before and carried on before he posted that first one. But really, like I said above, minor concern, not really worthy of this much discussion. And its being revamped anyways.

Old July 23rd, 2010 (07:26 PM). Edited July 23rd, 2010 by Pichuichu.
Pichuichu
Creator Of (Insert Here)

Please Edit Your Backstory Before I Begin To Wonder About this game.

Credit: Invasion For Sig And Avatar.

My Da Account ->here<-
Old July 23rd, 2010 (07:32 PM).
lx_theo
Game Developer

Quote originally posted by Pichuichu:
Sorry But Unless Your heroine is well You Know Yor Heroine Wouldn't be in love with another Female it's just not right you should change your backstory a bit oh and I'm not tryig to be rude, insult you just giving constructive critisisme.

Sorry, but grammar and spelling please. Though, homophobe much? Probably not, but perhaps from a PR point of view, keeping it as interchangeable boy or girl for the crush would apply to a larger audience (which I sort of assumed upon reading the plot), though its hard to take that as an implication with such a blunt statement.

Old July 23rd, 2010 (07:35 PM).
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
I'm guessing he's not from the U.S and I agree with lxtheo, it doesn't say that at all, Team Emort probably wouldn't do something like that, the crush's gender would obv be changed
Old July 23rd, 2010 (07:47 PM).
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Starrmyt:

Lol it was pretty obvious to me and it was a great edit IMO,you changed almost every detail except the pants really.And likewise,I thought it wouldve happened a while ago as well, but bettewr now than never for speculation purposes xD.

ANway the Professor doesnt matter,I just like seeing these games develop in the showcase.One day, if my slow progress reaches somewhere,I can join the Drawing board and end up in the showcase along with you guys ^__^.

I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

contact me here or at [email protected].

Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_BN/index.php?act=idx
Old July 23rd, 2010 (08:54 PM).
aquakip
You jealous, betch

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Sorry But Unless Your heroine is well You Know Yor Heroine Wouldn't be in love with another Female it's just not right you should change your backstory a bit oh and I'm not tryig to be rude, insult you just giving constructive critisisme.
Let me explain. xD

This game (Pokemon Helio version) follows the character Helios through his journey. This is a plot based around the two characters Helios and Selene. In this game you will only be able to choose Helios.

We will most likely be making a sister game Pokemon Selene Version (name still being worked on). This would have a slight plot change because of the change of roles.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

Now, for the whole Professor dilemma. I made that as a quick throw in until we could get a decent Professor Palm design. That was a placeholder until we could get a design, sprite, and ow. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Co-Founder & Artist of

Old July 23rd, 2010 (09:32 PM).
lx_theo
Game Developer

Quote originally posted by aquakip:
Let me explain. xD

This game (Pokemon Helio version) follows the character Helios through his journey. This is a plot based around the two characters Helios and Selene. In this game you will only be able to choose Helios.

We will most likely be making a sister game Pokemon Selene Version (name still being worked on). This would have a slight plot change because of the change of roles.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

Now, for the whole Professor dilemma. I made that as a quick throw in until we could get a decent Professor Palm design. That was a placeholder until we could get a design, sprite, and ow. I'm sorry for the confusion.
Thats actually a cool premise. Is it in the OP? Because I didn't see it there.

Old July 24th, 2010 (03:53 AM).
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Quote originally posted by aquakip:
Let me explain. xD

Actually, I was planning on making it so that you can choose either Selene or Helios, but choosing selene would activate a switch which would switch events such as the gender of your rival's crush, and people refering to you as "she" rather than "he". I'm starting to try that out, but for now I'm programming with just Helios in mind. Hopefully you will be able to choose Selene. :/

Then again, if the whole switch thing doesnt work out, we will go with the second version.

founder of

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links