Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokemon Redemption

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Old January 31st, 2010 (03:21 PM). Edited June 22nd, 2010 by josh354.
josh354
Scripter

Nature: Relaxed

Introduction

Hello all! This thread is for the hack Pokemon Redemption. I'm josh354 (You can call me Sully.) My co-owner is adamb241. (You have to ask him what he wants to be called.) I came up with this idea some time ago, but I never had much time to work on it until recently. I started scripting and mapping (very, very, poorly), and I liked the outcome enough to get some others to help work on it with me. This is what we have now.

Technical Stuff:
Hack Name: Pokemon Redemption
ROM Base: Fire Red BPRE
Creator: Sully
Co-Owner: Adamb241

Story

Prelude (Contains Some Spoilers)

Spoiler:
60 years ago a scientist lost his wife in a tragic accident. Unwilling to let her go he decided to try and do the unthinkable, bring back the dead. After years of intense study, he finally discovered how he could acomplish his goal. There existed a single Pokemon whose power could be used to restore his lost wife, however, this Pokemon had not been seen in decades and many regarded it simply as myth. In order to capture this creature the scientist gathered an elite team of trainers and named them Team Aevum. Word spread throughout the region of the scientist's goal and the people did not like the idea of tampering with death, but the scientist refused to let the people stop him. What started as a harmless mission soon turned into a war as Team Aevum began to mow down whoever tried to get in their way. One day the champion of the region decided to take action. Instead of facing Team Aevum he devised a way to spoil their plan. He found this legendary pokemon and captured it. Knowing that Team Aevum would come after him next he made the ultimate sacrifice. He left everything behind and made his way to a nearby region. Once there he found a hiding place for the Pokemon and released him, then he settled down in the saftey of a small town. Team Aevum's plot was foiled and so they withdrew from the region and into the shadows, plotting their revenge against the heroic champion.

Present Day

Spoiler:
"Breaking news out of the ESTILLE region. Team Aevum has resurfaced with an unknown new scheme! Leading them is the current champion who mysteriously disappeared months ago. His followers each have unusually powerful Pokemon and are making their way through towns kidnapping the strongers trainers. Most gym leaders had time to find a safe place to hide but a couple weren't as fourtunate. As of now there are no further details on what they want or why."

Spoiler:

The news reporter broadcasts this to the MAIESTAS region, located across the sea from the ESTILLE region. You are safe in your home, or so you think. One day after running an errand for your grandfather you are attacked by a member of Team Aevum. You are saved by your friend, the local gym leader, and rush home to check on your rival and grandfather. Both are missing. Your friend shows up and tells you that they are headed toward ESTILLE, but you can't go because you don't have a Pokemon for protection. Luckily, your grandfather had picked one out for you, and so you make your way to ESTILLE. Once there you try and find clues on the whereabouts on your grandfather and rival. Your investigation leads you to a gym leader hiding from Team Aevum. You talk to him and agree to fight Team Aevum as you look for your grandfather and rival!

Become a trainer,
Fight for their lives,
Fight for your survival!

Features

• Explore two new regions - Maiestas and Estille!
  • Fight along side gym leaders!
  • Do missions to help bring down Team Aevum!
  • Brand New Custom Battle Health Boxes!
  • All New - Maps, Scripts, and Story!
  • New Sprites!
  • Some DPPt Pokemon! (Future Release)
  • Headbutt Trees!
  • Multiple Rivals!
  • No Mandatory Gym Battles!

Screenshots

New:
Spoiler:

Old:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Videos

Team

• Myself - Scripter
  • adamb241 - Mapper
  • NiKaNoRu - Spriter
  • Alignment - OW Spriter, Palette Editor, Tile Inserter
  • Dr. Fuji - Mapper

Releases

• Current Release: Alpha 1 (attachments at bottom)
  • Next Release: Unknown

Bugs & Glitches

• The text at the beginning is run together. (You will see what I mean)
  • The lake water tiles (home town, Cludry Hills) will mess up occasionally.
  • Talk to Arnold before facing the 5 trainers in Guardwood Forest. (If you don't you will have to start all over :D)
  • Heal after you beat the 5 trainers in Guardwood Forest.

I'm sure there are more that I'm missing, but these are the major ones. If you find a bug or glitch post it here or send me a PM describing the problem.

Help Needed

There are a few spots that need to be filled, so if you would like to help let me know!

(In order from most needed to least needed)

• Spriter - This is most needed. We need sprites to go with the new OW's and such.
  • Banner/Userbar Maker - It would be good to have something for ppl to show their support.
  • Beta Tester - Can't play a game full of bugs can we?

If you have a skill that Isn't listed and you want to help feel free to let me know what you can do!

Awards

Banners & Userbars

Spoiler:
Code:
[URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=207066][IMG]http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu74/PocketmonmMaster/RedempionUserBar.png[/IMG*][/URL*]

Credits

I wouldn't have a hack without these people:

• JPAN - ASM Patch
  • MASTEROFPUPPETS93, Saurav, Wesley FG, Gary93, Doktor Worm - ROM BASE
  • HackMew - XSE, A-Trainer
  • Lu-Ho - A-Map
  • diegoisawesome - Converted XSE Tutorial
  • Alistair - Tiles
  • Alcus of Borg - Tiles

Closing

Well that's all I have right now. Please give me some comments!
Attached Files
File Type: ips PRalpha1.ips‎ (140.7 KB, 551 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old February 1st, 2010 (08:41 AM).
558122_DG
Learning how to make mistakes

Great job in getting in :D
And just a FYI , I've played this game and it's better than shiny gold in my opinion

PS.1st post :p

EDIT: I TOLD YA TO PUT A VID IN HERE!!!!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 1st, 2010 (08:49 AM).
nimmy23
Hi im nimmy23... Hi im nimmy23

Hey you stole some tiles!!!
Old February 1st, 2010 (09:17 AM).
558122_DG

Quote originally posted by nimmy23:
He credited master of puppets for the rombase and thats not stealing, stealing is when u take it and claim it to be urs or some differentiation from that :/

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 1st, 2010 (07:17 PM).
josh354
Scripter

Quote originally posted by nimmy23:
As DG said it's a ROM Base and everyone that contributed is listed in the credits.

Great news! Alpha Version 1.0 is out! Please give me some feedback on it.

Here are some things I will try to add/edit before next release:

1. Title Screen
2. Oak Intro
3. A couple of new sprites

That's all I have for now :D.
Old February 2nd, 2010 (12:22 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
This looks decent and your text strings are pretty funny xD
I should try this sometimes

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old February 2nd, 2010 (01:19 AM).
NiKaNoRoU
Dedicated to Thrace

Ohhai dere Blake, it's good to see the thread up.

But why am I not in it? :X

Your knight from the plane of light
Old February 2nd, 2010 (07:11 AM).
558122_DG

Quote originally posted by NiKaNoRoU:

I'm so happy ppl don't calll be by my real name I like being anonymous
What did you help out with :/
I wasn't aware you were helping :o

Oh and Sully imma test the beta now :D
I'll give you a report on msn k?

Old February 2nd, 2010 (10:40 AM).
NiKaNoRoU
Dedicated to Thrace

Quote originally posted by 558122_DG:
I'm so happy ppl don't calll be by my real name I like being anonymous
What did you help out with :/
I wasn't aware you were helping :o

I was asked to be assigned as a spriter. I WAS the spriter of the older project, after all.

Oh, and if you're including beta testers on the credits list, I should be in there, too, right?

Old February 2nd, 2010 (02:03 PM).
josh354
Scripter

Quote originally posted by Ash493:
This looks decent and your text strings are pretty funny xD
I should try this sometimes
Thanks, and you definately should.

I'm so sorry, I thought I was forgetting someone . I am putting you in as soon as I get done with this message!

Quote:
Ok :D.
Old February 2nd, 2010 (02:58 PM).
558122_DG

I was asked to be assigned as a spriter. I WAS the spriter of the older project, after all.

Oh, and if you're including beta testers on the credits list, I should be in there, too, right?

O, I see....
kk :D
And i'm not a full beta tester :/
I'm more general helper or judger of ideas kinda thing

Old February 3rd, 2010 (01:11 AM).
chrunch
Community Supporter

I agree with DG, this is better than shiny gold.
But I'm stuck, I've got the password for the cave, "start".
But the guard says "INCORRECT!".
Is it the end of the alpha?
Old February 3rd, 2010 (01:12 AM).
NiKaNoRoU
Dedicated to Thrace

Quote originally posted by chrunch:
I agree with DG, thisis better than shiny gold.
At this point, I don't know if I should spoil that to you or let you find out on your own, but this is NOT the end of alpha. The password's name is "start" for a reason.

Old February 3rd, 2010 (02:39 PM).
josh354
Scripter

Quote originally posted by chrunch:
I agree with DG, this is better than shiny gold.

Thanks for the compliment, but you have to remember that Shiny Gold is a remake. That makes it hard to compare the two because they are two different types of hacks.

And like NiKa said, that isn't the end of the alpha. Be creative with your thinking and you will figure it out eventually :D.
Old February 3rd, 2010 (02:50 PM).
558122_DG

Quote originally posted by josh354:
Thanks for the compliment, but you have to remember that Shiny Gold is a remake. That makes it hard to compare the two because they are two different types of hacks.

And like NiKa said, that isn't the end of the alpha. Be creative with your thinking and you will figure it out eventually :D.
orly? shiny gold is nothing near the quality of this. Also you can compare it, who gives if its a remake? it's still a PKMN game

But on the other hand I played redemtion the entire alpha...and found quite the amount of gliches '
I'll post em on our sercret place k *hint hint nudge nudge, umbreon*
they are all minor script typos, script you forgot to write in stuff :D
Maps were excellent but that route where you meet nadia, in my opinion, was way too long thats one huge map u had there '

thats all

PS. PKMN 4EVA!!!

Old February 3rd, 2010 (02:58 PM).
adamb241
Pokémon Raging Fury

Nature: Brave
orly? shiny gold is nothing near the quality of this. Also you can compare it, who gives if its a remake? it's still a PKMN game

But on the other hand I played redemtion the entire alpha...and found quite the amount of gliches '
I'll post em on our sercret place k *hint hint nudge nudge, umbreon*
they are all minor script typos, script you forgot to write in stuff :D
Maps were excellent but that route where you meet nadia, in my opinion, was way too long thats one huge map u had there '

thats all

PS. PKMN 4EVA!!!
I'm glad you liked all of the maps, most of them were mapped by me. The Nadia one really isn't that long, but thanks for the comments.

\-Pokémon Raging Fury-/
+A new project from Dark Steel Productions+
Old February 3rd, 2010 (05:34 PM).
558122_DG

Quote originally posted by adamb241:
I'm glad you liked all of the maps, most of them were mapped by me. The Nadia one really isn't that long, but thanks for the comments.
your welcome, And it is very long in game play particularly because sully decided to put in cut trees to block our way making us go the long way

Old February 3rd, 2010 (06:07 PM).
zein
Jorge Ben Jor.

Mmmm...the hack are really good,but i dont like the palettes,the maps are great! i like the history...in general is very good looking, although I think you might try changing some pallets.
Old February 3rd, 2010 (07:25 PM).
adamb241
Pokémon Raging Fury

Nature: Brave
your welcome, And it is very long in game play particularly because sully decided to put in cut trees to block our way making us go the long way
Ha like Sully did that! That would be me.
Quote originally posted by zein:
Mmmm...the hack are really good,but i dont like the palettes,the maps are great! i like the history...in general is very good looking, although I think you might try changing some pallets.
Hmm.. What in particular don't you like about the pallets? The colors? Glad you like everything else.

\-Pokémon Raging Fury-/
+A new project from Dark Steel Productions+
Old February 4th, 2010 (03:20 AM).
558122_DG

Ha like Sully did that! That would be me..
You cruel mapper

Ha like Sully did that! That would be me.

Hmm.. What in particular don't you like about the pallets? The colors? Glad you like everything else.
Well I believe the pallettes are just fine. If we change the pallette on anything, the tree for example, it wouldn't "go" with the rest of the pallettes. On the other hand I think master of puppets WANTED to make the pallettes abit dark :/

Old February 4th, 2010 (03:38 AM).
NiKaNoRoU
Dedicated to Thrace

Well I believe the pallettes are just fine. If we change the pallette on anything, the tree for example, it wouldn't "go" with the rest of the pallettes. On the other hand I think master of puppets WANTED to make the pallettes abit dark :/
Zein was probably referring to the livingness of the palettes. If you ask me, looking at a screen that is taken out in the open, the only lively thing that I see is the overworlds. The rest seem dead green or dead brown. So, as palettes they're great, but imo don't fit with the overworlds 'n' stuff.

Old February 4th, 2010 (09:52 AM).
558122_DG

Zein was probably referring to the livingness of the palettes. If you ask me, looking at a screen that is taken out in the open, the only lively thing that I see is the overworlds. The rest seem dead green or dead brown. So, as palettes they're great, but imo don't fit with the overworlds 'n' stuff.
So we have 3 options,
1) Change the pallettes to be more "lively"
2) Change the OW to be less lively
3) which is where you come in and make some

Old February 5th, 2010 (03:58 PM).
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Huzzah! I spy a small part of my map :D

I'm not really a fan of the No-Gyms-Until-You've-Finished-The-Game idea unless you've changed it since we last talked about it, but I guess its just me. Also, that kid who says "Are you crazy" in the Screenshots doesn't have blue text like all of the other manly men in the game :S

Anyways, I wish you luck with this, and I am always standing by ready to help, if needed.
Old February 5th, 2010 (09:39 PM).
josh354
Scripter

Quote originally posted by DrFuji:
Huzzah! I spy a small part of my map :D

I'm not really a fan of the No-Gyms-Until-You've-Finished-The-Game idea unless you've changed it since we last talked about it, but I guess its just me. Also, that kid who says "Are you crazy" in the Screenshots doesn't have blue text like all of the other manly men in the game

Anyways, I wish you luck with this, and I am always standing by ready to help, if needed.
Nice eyes in spying your map. Yeah, I understand not liking that certain part. Trust me though, just because there aren't "gym battles" doesn't mean there won't be plenty of tough challenges to overcome on your way through the story. Thanks for the feedback :D
Old February 6th, 2010 (03:04 AM).
chrunch
Community Supporter

Finished the alpha...
Very clever password...
I wont mention why here, so I don't spoil it for others, but maybe you should change the password to 'Enter'.

Sponsored Links