The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Advertise here

Old February 14th, 2010, 05:43 PM
XCHAMPX
Nazi 4 life!

Advertise here
Has anyone been strugling with or knows someone with Depression Anxiety or is Bipolar that has tips on how to handle them? thanks
Old February 14th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Eurydice
`~♥Eury♥~'

Nature: Quiet
i have depression, S.A.D (social anxiety disorder) and bipolar. and i will be happy to answer any questions if i can.
i take quite a few pills and go to talk about my feelings. (which really is a waste of money)

Pair

Last edited by Eurydice; February 14th, 2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old February 14th, 2010, 08:20 PM
.little monster
Donator Tier 4

I'm Bipolar.

I take pills.

Hello, hello baby you called but I can't hear a thing.

Old February 14th, 2010, 08:21 PM
TrinityLimit
Trainer

my cousin is bi-polar. he takes pill also.
Old February 14th, 2010, 11:54 PM
EpsilonE
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.A.T.u View Post
I'm Bipolar.

I take pills.
Those arent for your "bipolar" problems

My advice for handling depression is seek religion, tell someone you love them, and get alot of excersize
Old February 15th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Gunn
horror resident

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gunn
Uh, my mom does. Depression, anxiety, and stress. She takes medication and I think one of them is potassium pills or whatever. She also goes to group therapy every few weeks. I'm guessing they're helping because she says so and claims that she has gotten "closer with God." I hear her laughing more too.
Old February 15th, 2010, 12:19 PM
JadedIguana
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JadedIguana
I've chronic depression. I do not take pills. I can keep myself under control so that I don't do stupid things.

Generally, I just think about my future, and what I aim to do in it, and how I'm going to reach that goal. That's what I do to 'talk' myself out of self-injury, other persons-injury, or just laying about on the couch like a lazy bum.
Old February 15th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
I'm going through something like depression, I guess. I really wanna see this girl, but my parents are getting in my way, and it's made me really sad.

I know I've been through it before, though.

As for treatments. Well, other then prescription drugs, I don't know. I overcame past depression by letting it pass by. It hurt, but it didn't last. A good thing to do is find out what exactly is depressing you. You might not really know.
Old February 15th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Esper

I have, and still do from time to time, but it's not nearly as bad as it once was. I've known quite a few people who've been much worse off than me so I count myself lucky.

Exercise helps. A lot.

deviantart blog pair
Old February 15th, 2010, 05:42 PM
XCHAMPX
Nazi 4 life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurydice View Post
i have depression, S.A.D (social anxiety disorder) and bipolar. and i will be happy to answer any questions if i can.
i take quite a few pills and go to talk about my feelings. (which really is a waste of money)
Sounds like me, I'm doing all those things..Id get alot of exercise but i had my 4th knee surgery not to long ago and ive been laying around doing nothing for awhile now.But all those r good ideas.
Old February 15th, 2010, 07:59 PM
.Gamer
»»───knee─►
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Jolly
Whats the point man? Really.....
Old February 16th, 2010, 02:52 AM
Flame Claw
Flaminator

Nature: Lonely
I have depression problems, there is no real way to handle it, just have to put up with it :(
Old February 17th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Link13
given up

im just depressed all the time but i try not to show it .... not going so well
If Miley Cyrus were to jump off a skyscraper, 90% of people would say "Don't do it Miley!", 9% would say "Who cares, it's her life.", and the remaining 1% would say:"Oh, **** it, I'll push her myself." If you're one of the 1%, copy and paste this into your signature
Old February 17th, 2010, 07:42 AM
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Oddly enough, the only time I've ever "struggled with depression" was when I was on anti-depressants that I didn't need (this was a few years ago). Imagine that: giving people medication they don't need screws them up!

PM me if you have computer troubles. I work in IT for a living and can probably solve your problems. My rate is $expensive/hr, but I'm still cheaper than Creep Squad and, unlike them, will actually get the job done or let you know if I can't.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]

NEW 40K MMOFPS YESSSSS
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:58 PM
CT_400
Turtle Lover

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Claw View Post
I have depression problems, there is no real way to handle it, just have to put up with it
Yeah, same here....

It sucks, but I'd rather not take pillz D:

Series:

Part 1: Realization - One More chapter to go!

Part 2: Searching - Working on

Part 3: Darkness - Under Construction

Part 4: Rebirth - Under Construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by terobi View Post
There's no such thing as a meal without meat in it. A meal without meat is a salad, and a salad is just a sidedish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Well, if you interpret "freedom of religion" as the right to believe whatever you want without the government telling you otherwise, then it certainly applies to atheists as well.
Old February 17th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Lazenca
Chef~

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Lazenca
I've had a depression problem since my father passed away, I lost my first child (miscarriage) broke up with this girl that I fell in love with for a year recently, and finanicial problems because of the economy but I've found that exercising really does help a lot.
Old February 21st, 2010, 10:23 PM
imveryhungry
Beginning Trainer

I'm Biopolar and I've been struggling with a lot of problems lately (grandfather dying, relationship problems, school problems, other anxiety problems, getting bullied)... usually I just try to think of other things like Politics or Video Games.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here