The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Old February 15th, 2010, 04:07 PM
simdu68
asleep all summer zzZZ

Nature: Calm

Advertise here

Rom base:
Pokémon ruby
Rom owner:
simdu68(me)
creation start:
january 2010

Introduction:
Spoiler:

You are an 15 old boy, living in Sunrise village(I know the name is bad, but I never had good ideas for names can someone help me with names?) with your family. Your family moved from Hoenn where your father made his pokemon adventure when he was small to the new region called Kyoto(do you like the name? It is the first idea I got for the region, say if it is alright or if I should change).
In this village lives an old man, making researchings about pokemon.
He introduces you to the pokemon world and you see for the first time a real pokemon, seeing how you admire them the old man gives you your first pokemon.
Finaly all the children of your village get pokemons also, they all become your rivals exept your best friend, your best friend dissapears the day of your journey start, is he afraid?
Well, anyway you start your great adventure alone, but you don't know what is waiting for you...........

Story-line:(at last!!!!! :D)
Spoiler:

Huh ?

Where am I?

Huh? What is this place?

OH! It’s …it is exactly as in the story my father told me!

But…how did I get here?

Hmm, it could be interesting

*GGGRRAAAAHHHHH*

Wow! What was that?

Oh yeah! My father told me about that too!

But…what was it?

What did he say about this?

Hmm, I think if I do everything like he did I will get out

Finally he also got out of here

*GGGRRAAAAHHHHHH*

Wow! There it is again!

I think I’d better go away from here as quickly as possible

But how?

Ok, I think I have no other choice than following my father’s steps

*walking…walking*

WOW! What’s that?

A valley inside of a mountain?

That looks really great!

Well, no time to admire…

Huh? What’s that at the bottom of the valley?

Hey, stairs!

Ok, I think I should go down, maybe it will get me out od here…

*going down*

Oh! A temple!

Who could have built this here?

Oh no! Now there’s water!

Ok, I will cross, let’s see what’s in that temple…

*at the temple’s entrance*

*GGGRRAAAAHHHHHH*

Huh? It is even louder than before!

This cry surely comes from inside

*go inside the top of temple*

AHHH!! WHAT’S THAT?

A Pokémon?

“They will come and let me free again,

For their sake but for mine also!

HAHAHAHA!”

What? What are you talking about?

Why aren’t you answering?

Hey! What are you doing?

AHHH!!! NOOOOO!!!!

HEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*everything’s black*

AHHH!! NOOOO!!!!

Help!!!!!

Huh?

OH! What was that? Where am I?

My room? My bed?

Huh?

It was only a dream?

“Hey sweetie, why are you crying so loud?”

Mom? Oh,it’s nothing, I just had a bad dream!

“What’s going up here? You are so loud!

Oh? [HERO’s name]? Are you alright?

“Well, he just had a bad dream”

“oh I see, let me talk to him alone Clara, you can go and prepare breakfast”

Oh dad! I had a dream! I was in the same place as in the story you told me not long ago.

And there was also that strange Pokémon, it told something about

Wait…I don’t remember what it was talking about, I just remember that I was scared about what it said.

“What? You mean the obscure Pokémon?

I don’t think it bears anything good…it wasn’t a normal dream

Are you sure you don’t remember what it said?

If not then just call me if you remember anything.

But anyway, I think you should be careful,

This message wasn’t delivered to you without a reason.”

Yeah, I know, it seemed so real, it wasn’t just my imagination but a telepathic message from this Pokémon.

Oh! Right!

Isn’t it today that the old man wanted to see me?

I think so, so I better go quickly to him!

So you go to the old man’s house, when suddenly you meet [best friend’s name], you find out that he is also going there, so you two go together.

When you get in you see that all children of the village are also here!

Now, the old man explains to you that he decided to give all children a Pokémon to make the next generation a better Pokémon trainer.

But to get your Pokémon you need to pass a test:

Everyone receive a Pokéball,

And they have to catch themselves a Pokémon in the old man’s garden!!

So you have no influence on the choice of your first Pokémon,

It only depends on chance!

So you catch yourself a Pokémon, your starter, depending only on chance, and all other children too. You will meet them very often during your adventure.

Before you leave off you go home to announce it to your parents, your “best friend” wants to go with you together on journey.

When you go home and announce it, you father gives you a few items to help you for the start(5 Pokéballs, 5 Potions, 2 Paralyze Heals, 2 Antidotes) and you mother gives you new shoes that were supposed to be your birthday present but you get them now because you’re going on a journey, so for your birthday you will get something else

So you go back to “friend’s” house, but there, his mother says to you that he has already gone because the old man received bad news so he sent one of the best trainers as quickly as possible to see what’s happening.

When you go out the old man comes to you and gives you the same task, you need to go as quickly as possible to the next town to see what’s going on, because he noticed you as the second best trainer

When you arrive there, as said, something doesn’t seem normal, all passages are blocked so no one can go in or out, you also meet “friend” there who is blocked by 2 guys.

“friend” couldn’t defeat them alone but with you, you two have a chance!

If you defeat them you may go in and there you will see many other guys like the 2 before, and another man that seems to be their leader.

They are looking for a man who lived a few years ago in this village, you don’t know why, but they seem determined to find him, so they took the village captive till they find out where the man has gone, but no one seems to be able to stop them!

But suddenly 4 other people appear, in one strike they defeat the evil team, but they manage to flee.

The 4 guys tell you that they are the elite 4 and that they were assigned to catch this evil team that brings trouble anywhere they go.

They ask you not to meddle in these problems, cause it’s too dangerous for you, and they go away.

Wow! What a story! You only started you journey and already there’s so much action! This seems exciting!

You return to your village to the old man’s house and report him what happened, he’s proud of you two and for this you become his main students and he gives you a Pokédex and Pokégear for your journey.

Now it’s a second start of your journey, you go alone because your friend has yet something else to do before…..

Features:
- new story
- new maps
- new tiles
- pokemons G1-4
- 2 regions (new region + new region(sorry for no names ))
- new characters
- sometimes you play together with your father and friend
- every special pokemon event will take place in its original place(ex.: rayquaza, groudon, kyogre => you will go to hoenn to capture them, same for the other :D)
- Special graphics for every different kind of area and landscape
(the graphic of the game is most important for me BTW it's also my best skill so I'll try to make the best graphic ever )
-elite 4 has a much more important role in the game then just staying in the league waiting for chalenges, they are the 4 best trainers of the region so I decided to give them an important role :D

Screenshots
Spoiler:

(title screen by bolens)

Maps:(if you prefere to discover the maps only when playing and not before DO NOT OPEN!)
Spoiler:

be happy, I got something for you :D
the first part of the region with the first landscape style in one full map......
like a worldmap made of every single map
WARNING GIANT MAP!!! (the pic is too big for photobucket so it was automaticaly made smaller, but you can still recognize the maps :D)
http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/y.../Worldmap2.jpg

Progress:
-Mapping:
Sunrise village: 100%
route 101: 100%
Rivershore village: 100%
route 102: 100%
route 103: 100%
Petalburg city(no another name yet): 100%
route104: 100%
Dream world(the place where you are in you dream): 100%
first Town of second part of the region: 20%
first route of seond part of the region:40%
the rest: not started
Tiling:
first landscape tileset: 98% (all exept water tile)
second landscape tilset: 20%
other landscapes: 0%
indoor: 5%
common buildings(mart, PC, gyms....):20%
Scripting:
nothing anymore coz I changed story-line last friday and I haven't started scripting new dialogues, events...
Spriting:
Main characters OW: 1%
pokemon OW: 0%
pokemon back/frontsprites: 0%
Main characters back/frontsprites: 1%
Story-line:
40%

Team:
simdu68(me): team leader, game owner, mapper, tile artist, spriter, storyline
perfectmonster: storyline
firestormx19: sprite- and OW-inserting
midori: mapping, storyline

Awanshazwan: pokemon sprite inserter
mustafa505: spriter
Violentiris777: Beta tester
-dragoniteuser: giving name ideas
-mustafa505: main spriter

Credits:
-Alistair: bench tile
-Reck: D/P/P houses
-WesleyFG: small grassy rock tiles
-Alucus: normal rocks
-WesleyFG: seeing his great hack did me want to hack also :D
-Bolens: game title screen
-Darkrai N.1: thread title screen
simdu68(me): all the rest ;P

Downloads:

alpha 1.0: not yet
100% mapping
100% tiling
30% spriting
5% scripting

alpha 2.0: not yet
10% mapping
40% tiling
0%spriting
0% scripting

beta 1.0: not yet
beta 2.0: not yet
demo 1 (1. region complete): not yet
demo 2 (2. region complete): not yet
final release (all regions, special areas, eventing complete): not yet

Support Banner:

Spoiler:

IMG code for signature:

HTML Code:
[URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=208389][IMG]http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy168/simdu68/supportbanner.png[/IMG][/URL]

Help needed:

- 1/2 good scripters
- 1 tile animation editor

Updated ;D

Supporter of:

Last edited by simdu68; June 7th, 2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old February 16th, 2010, 08:09 AM
DuoRyan
Hack'in as usual, it seem.

i can script ....if you need help hit me up
Old February 16th, 2010, 11:16 AM
simdu68
asleep all summer zzZZ

well, it will be not bad, because i started scripting for the first village but the result was really bad

so if you could help me it would be great, thanx

i'll PM you to say what i need......
Old February 16th, 2010, 11:19 AM
DuoRyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by simdu68 View Post
well, it will be not bad, because i started scripting for the first village but the result was really bad

so if you could help me it would be great, thanx

i'll PM you to say what i need......
sure, i scripting for my hack ,I can script for your.
Old February 16th, 2010, 11:47 AM
simdu68
asleep all summer zzZZ

can you do a script at the beginning that the story before main players birth is telled but like a nightmare, then he wakes up at the mountain of rayquaza, rayquaza cries and flies away and main player flies away because of the wind, then will be in his bed......
Old February 16th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Hedgehogger
Learning ASM, but struggling

Nature: Quiet
That story...I know it's not really canon-based, but there's some things that don't add up.

For example, humans and Pokemon had existed along each other, since the dawn of civilization...And as long a time ago that would have been since they were first discovered, you wouldn't see modern-day scientists such as Prof. Birch.

Also, Poke Balls were first made by fitting Apricorns with special devices. Then Silph Co. and Devon made Poke Balls. (Also, since Birch is from Hoenn, he likely wouldn't have discovered the use of Apricorns, because the grow in Johto.)

And also...The flying Pokemon that Peter discovered was a Rayquaza...A Pokemon that powerful, (And as huge as it is) it would be hard, if not impossible to dodge each and every single one of its attacks.

And a random Deoxys crash-landing right next to the player's house. (Can you say Plot Contrivance Device?)

And uh...

Wouldn't it be "Main player has no other choice, he needs to go to Sinnoh to prevent the destruction of Sinnoh." instead of "
Main player has no other choice, he needs to go to Sinnoh to avoid the destruction of Sinnoh."? (You wouldn't go somewhere to avoid its destruction, that's like running into a burning building for safety!)

But the story still has potential, as long as you fix some things up.
And your mapping's not bad either, just that the 3rd map looks like the upper half of Dewford town, where you enter Granite Cave. And the one under that still resembles Route 103.

Pokeymenz Am-nee-shaaah Beta 4 Released!
Old February 16th, 2010, 12:55 PM
DuoRyan

Quote:
can you do a script at the beginning that the story before main players birth is telled but like a nightmare, then he wakes up at the mountain of rayquaza, rayquaza cries and flies away and main player flies away because of the wind, then will be in his bed......
easy ,ok i will do a video to show result
check
www.youtube.com\scizormap
Also are you using the original sprite or normal?
of raquaza also what do you mean before maain player birtch is tell
Old February 16th, 2010, 02:01 PM
simdu68
asleep all summer zzZZ

no, now i got an idea, what prof birch tells will be the nightmare where the story is telled, then for the name and so i have got an idea, the story will be telled and at the moment of the main players birth it will be telled ".......one day peter bore a child:" then you can choose boy/girl then "it was named:" than you enter the name......
i got another idea, when the story is explained there will be no prof birch, the first that apears is rayquaza(the story: "rayquaza got angry and shouted the cry of vengence" or something similar and then ther'll be rayquaza apearing, then he will fly away and then prof birch shall just be remplaced by peter......
do you understand what i mean? (i'm french, my english is not perfect )

for the rayquaza i will not change it.........

Quote:
For example, humans and Pokemon had existed along each other, since the dawn of civilization...And as long a time ago that would have been since they were first discovered, you wouldn't see modern-day scientists such as Prof. Birch.

Also, Poke Balls were first made by fitting Apricorns with special devices. Then Silph Co. and Devon made Poke Balls. (Also, since Birch is from Hoenn, he likely wouldn't have discovered the use of Apricorns, because the grow in Johto.)

And also...The flying Pokemon that Peter discovered was a Rayquaza...A Pokemon that powerful, (And as huge as it is) it would be hard, if not impossible to dodge each and every single one of its attacks.

And a random Deoxys crash-landing right next to the player's house. (Can you say Plot Contrivance Device?)

And uh...

Wouldn't it be "Main player has no other choice, he needs to go to Sinnoh to prevent the destruction of Sinnoh." instead of "
Main player has no other choice, he needs to go to Sinnoh to avoid the destruction of Sinnoh."? (You wouldn't go somewhere to avoid its destruction, that's like running into a burning building for safety!)

But the story still has potential, as long as you fix some things up.
And your mapping's not bad either, just that the 3rd map looks like the upper half of Dewford town, where you enter Granite Cave. And the one under that still resembles Route 103.

well, its true that the story needs to be aprooved
but well i continualy thinking about it
if not i also got language problems because i'm french so my english is not very goog

the third maps is the upper part of dewford town wich is the first map, in fact i made of dewford town and the map above a isle
the rest is laso similar because i have no worldmap yet, but when i'll have it i'll change all maps acording to the worldmap so they'll al change, don't worry
Old February 16th, 2010, 03:19 PM
DuoRyan

Quote:
no, now i got an idea, what prof birch tells will be the nightmare where the story is telled, then for the name and so i have got an idea, the story will be telled and at the moment of the main players birth it will be telled ".......one day peter bore a child:" then you can choose boy/girl then "it was named:" than you enter the name......
i got another idea, when the story is explained there will be no prof birch, the first that apears is rayquaza(the story: "rayquaza got angry and shouted the cry of vengence" or something similar and then ther'll be rayquaza apearing, then he will fly away and then prof birch shall just be remplaced by peter......
do you understand what i mean? (i'm french, my english is not perfect )

for the rayquaza i will not change it.........

well, its true that the story needs to be aprooved
but well i continualy thinking about it
if not i also got language problems because i'm french so my english is not very goog

the third maps is the upper part of dewford town wich is the first map, in fact i made of dewford town and the map above a isle
the rest is laso similar because i have no worldmap yet, but when i'll have it i'll change all maps acording to the worldmap so they'll al change, don't worry
so like in the beginning or intro the professor say about the player birth ,you then wake up in a mountain and meet raquaza who scream and blow you away but you wake up finding out it was a dream .......it that right
Old February 16th, 2010, 11:12 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch

Looks nice, but I don't like the way you made the GYM or Pokecenter.
Old February 17th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Hm... this might be good...
Anyways I wonder why the left part with the water and waterfall of screen chrunch posted is isolated... I mean how are we suppose to get there?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old February 17th, 2010, 06:15 AM
simdu68
asleep all summer zzZZ

Quote:
so like in the beginning or intro the professor say about the player birth ,you then wake up in a mountain and meet raquaza who scream and blow you away but you wake up finding out it was a dream .......it that right
yes, it will be like this, so the story will be telled by prof birch only maybe it will be peter(main players father) who will tell the story because he's first the main character of the story, then the dream and then he wakes up at home.......it isn't too difficult for you?
because me i would take years to do something so

Quote:
Looks nice, but I don't like the way you made the GYM or Pokecenter.
yeah, the pokecenter i'll change it, don't worry
it told it that i will change all tiles ;D
and for some gyms for example this one i'll have special tiles, i already thought about.....everything.....

Quote:
Hm... this might be good...
Anyways I wonder why the left part with the water and waterfall of screen chrunch posted is isolated... I mean how are we suppose to get there?

yeah your right, before it was suposed not togo there but finaly its serves nothing then if we can't go there
Old February 17th, 2010, 06:17 AM
DuoRyan

Quote:

yes, it will be like this, so the story will be telled by prof birch only maybe it will be peter(main players father) who will tell the story because he's first the main character of the story, then the dream and then he wakes up at home.......it isn't too difficult for you?
because me i would take years to do something so

yeah, the pokecenter i'll change it, don't worry
it told it that i will change all tiles ;D
and for some gyms for example this one i'll have special tiles, i already thought about.....everything.....

yeah your right, before it was suposed not togo there but finaly its serves nothing then if we can't go there
ok easy i will do this soon i just need to work on my hack then i do that script
Old February 17th, 2010, 06:22 AM
simdu68
asleep all summer zzZZ

ok, you can of course on your hack first, its your priority^^
me i need to continue changing tiles and also create a new worldmap........

but i got a problem, i can't insert my tiles :(

can someone help me to insert tiles?
i inserted them but it doesn't work, the colours where not the same and it looks horrible :S

so i need help for inserting them...........

heres an example, the original tile is in the upper screenshot, in andvance map it looks worse but in the game even worse!
heres the AM map and a gamepley screenshot..........

Last edited by simdu68; May 13th, 2010 at 05:53 AM. Reason: new screenshot
Old February 17th, 2010, 10:37 AM
DonGGaMilo
Red Special Creator

Wow.... mapping is really good!
Old February 17th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
maybe you screwed the pallette up somewhere
Old February 17th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
heres an example, the original tile is in the upper screenshot, in andvance map it looks worse but in the game even worse!
heres the AM map and a gamepley screenshot..........

Well, as you AREN'T at the same map, I can't be sure. But I can tell you why right now - the flowers have an animation. So, that may answer it. Or that you also need to recolour any tile that uses the old path in Block Editor... Ergh... Look at the tree in your Tileset that is in Paint, OK? That uses the default ground unless you change it in Paint (same with that path!). The flowers are the same, but they use an animation, hence why your new flower tile hasn't shown up. As for the water edge, that is in a different pallette number. And... What the... What's wrong with the Wild Pokemon Grass? That is because you probably changed the pallette. Only change the pallette when you know the consequences, and what you are changing.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old February 17th, 2010, 02:39 PM
simdu68
asleep all summer zzZZ

well, all this i know, but the problem isn't here, if you compare the grass on the tileset picture and the screenshot it isn't the same, its this that i can't change '

with the animation i know and i'll also do it ;D

but well, if someone can insert tiles i can send the rom and the tiles and he can change.......can someone do it plz?
Old February 18th, 2010, 05:51 AM
zxcman

nice story but i didnt like the part that humans are pokemon slaves i hated it .
i cant wait until the first beta
Old February 18th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
well, all this i know, but the problem isn't here, if you compare the grass on the tileset picture and the screenshot it isn't the same, its this that i can't change -_-'

with the animation i know and i'll also do it ;D

but well, if someone can insert tiles i can send the rom and the tiles and he can change.......can someone do it plz?
What exactly do you mean? The grass looks similar in both.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old February 18th, 2010, 07:03 AM
simdu68
asleep all summer zzZZ

yeah similar but not the same, if you look more exactly you will see that the colours are not at all the same, look:

its similar but in the game it looks much worse than the original tile........

butwell, I think no I at last found whats the problem, maybe I'll be able to post my maps with the new tiles soon ;D

Quote:
nice story but i didnt like the part that humans are pokemon slaves i hated it .
i cant wait until the first beta
why you don't like it that humans where pokemons slaves?
if not if its not in the story why should someone look forward to have the controll over pokemons, I think its alright so........
and the beta will maybe not come out soon, I don't like to do a beta if the game isn't enough far......
I think there'll be a beta at least after 2 badges, so i have yet 8 maps to do and also change the scripts
the beat will surely not come out before 1 month, but be patient

Last edited by simdu68; May 13th, 2010 at 05:55 AM.
Old February 18th, 2010, 09:15 AM
simdu68
asleep all summer zzZZ

UPDATES!!!!

it's not exactly what I wanted but it looks also good so I'll leave it so
but it's not all, I just made the "main tiles", now I'll make other tiles for example buildings and so........

here are the new tiles:

(i know for the tile error but I was too lazy to correct it , but it will be done at once)

plz comment, say if you find them nice or if should change.....
Old February 18th, 2010, 09:30 PM
chrunch

Quote:
UPDATES!!!!

it's not exactly what I wanted but it looks also good so I'll leave it so
but it's not all, I just made the "main tiles", now I'll make other tiles for example buildings and so........

here are the new tiles:

(i know for the tile error but I was too lazy to correct it , but it will be done at once)

plz comment, say if you find them nice or if should change.....
That looks like just a pallete change.:/
Old February 19th, 2010, 03:41 AM
simdu68
asleep all summer zzZZ

no, not exactly, but your right i've got a problem with the tiles, it just doesn't work, can some one help me to insert them?

i already did exactly as in the tile-inserting tutorial but it still doesn't work, i couls only change the ground and the grass tile, the rest is just a palette change acording to the colours of the 2 new tiles.......
but i really need help for changing tiles, i looked every tutorial and made the same but it doesn't work
Old February 19th, 2010, 02:59 PM
chrunch

Quote:
no, not exactly, but your right i've got a problem with the tiles, it just doesn't work, can some one help me to insert them?

i already did exactly as in the tile-inserting tutorial but it still doesn't work, i couls only change the ground and the grass tile, the rest is just a palette change acording to the colours of the 2 new tiles.......
but i really need help for changing tiles, i looked every tutorial and made the same but it doesn't work
Tiling is on my list of hacking things to learn, so I couldn't help you...

Sponsored Links

Advertise here