• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the biggest video game dissapointment you have ever played?

PokeFreakBror

I never use this site.
Years
I'd like to hear what people think are the most dissapointing game they have ever played was.
It can be for any good reason:

Because it was based on a great movie, but the game sucked!

Because it was a game in a great series of games and the game dind't live up to the series of games it was in.

Because you heard something about the game and it sounded really cool but it wasn't.´
Or anything else. What was the biggest dissapointment of a game you have ever played?

IMPORTANT PART OF REPLIES!!!

I have read nearly every comment on the list, and some people don't even give explanations to why they thought the games were dissapointing, please post with a reason you think is good.
Thank you very much, i enjoy reading your replies!

Last edited:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
hmmm.... worst game well Star Wars on N64 can't remember the name of it but it was really a disapointment to me, the game made me confused totally from the start O_O

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years
In a sad way, Deadly Creatures. I went in sceptical, seeing as it was, y'know, a serious game on the Wii. But then...it was awesome. Sure, it had some camera issues and there was more than enough clipping, but it worked better than I would have ever thought and there's something about stinging a man in the testicles that is disturbingly cathartic. And then, after about eight hours, it just ended. And I sat there, feeling extremely let down. I'd gone in expecting something rubbish, got more than I could have hoped for, and then it just disappeared when I was really getting into it.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
COD: MW 2 they say it's the best game of the 00's but without multi player it is boring. Curtis would rather play WoW any day.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Godzilla: Unleashed was probably the worst game I have ever played. The only thing fun about it is trying to destroy buildings.

PokemonTrainer`

Gotta Catch'Em All!
Years
probly farcry vengence for wii i was sooo freaking mad it made me when thare was terrible graphs and no level editor it sucks Farcry Vengence Not recomended fur the wii!!!Id buy a xbox to play farcry b4 id pay farcry for wii again!

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
Years
Worst disappointment in gaming?
Hmm..I'd have to say Sonic & The Secret Rings. Not a bad game outright, I just didn't enjoy it nearly as much as more traditional games in the series.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Final Fantasy VII./flamebait

In all seriousness, the most disappointing game was probably a tie between Firered and Metroid for the gamecube.
Sure, they were both fun, but none of them motivated me to go further. I felt like I was forcing my way through Firered for quite a while.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
Red Faction Guerrilla:
I thought this game was going to be much better than the first two and it slightly is but it had a horrible storyline and the online community was pathetic.

Years
GTA4 is the most recent game that I feel let down by. Biggest of all would probably be Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Funny how the initials are TP, because, to be honest, I'd probably have been better off buying $50 worth of toilet paper.

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire were quite disappointing as well.

Years
FIFA 09 for the Wii by a long shot. Bad graphics (without a doubt, worse than Gamecube's), no option to select songs that will play in shuffle (which was present in the Gamecube games), no edit player or create-a-player if I remember correctly (both of which were present in the Gamecube games), all of the Wii-only quirks were absolute crap.

I almost cried real tears after playing it three times because of what a waste of money it was. Yeah, it was that bad. I'm never wasting another dollar on a FIFA game again.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
For me it's Arc the Lad: End of Darkness for the PS2. I was excited for the release of this game thinking it would be good like the previous four. Man, I was disappointed. They completely changed the battle system, the main character was lame, and the story was a joke. It was also a direct sequel to Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits (one of my favorite PS2 games), and it did that game no justice. I'm pretty sure the game killed the Arc the Lad series. Sad, really.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2011
NBA 2K10 because I was looking forward to a new 2K game. 2K9 was so good. When I played 2K10 it wouldn't let me made a layup on Rookie.

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, I don't like them (have played them through more than 5 times).
They just aren't as good as another Pokémon Games. First, I don't like the Region (Hoenn itself), second I don't like the graphics (those are awful, I liked R/B/Y/G/S/C graphics more) and third, every new features were just boring (like the Bike, Mach and Acro? Thanks, that they left it out after these games).

Back