The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 1st, 2010, 08:13 PM
Iarama
RMXP User

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
The daycare idea is kind of iffy but the Trainer central sounds good only have one and have it like the battle tents only with exp... It'd provide an easier way to level up but making a script so that the Pokemon are in your current Pokemon's levels would be hard
Old March 2nd, 2010, 05:32 AM
Arbok_G
Grass Master

In the game are pokemon going to follow you like in Heart Gold Soul Silver?

But it would be better one Trainer Central in every place that has a Pokemon Center and a Pokemart dont you think?...Well acctyally its not our descision its Icongnoto322 .... so well make him descide.

Last edited by Arbok_G; March 2nd, 2010 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 01:30 PM
incognito322
let's look towards the future!

Nature: Naive
ummm... to answer the previous question, lol I dunno about battle scenes. It's idealistic, but I can't guarantee it. The most for now will be the FRLG stuff in the 1st Demo; would anyone like to beta test for me?

...and, in response to the Trainer Central, that sounds cool, but I like better the idea of multiple rivals who battle you with Pokemon whose levels increase after you win each badge. That way the trainer you battle would be controlled by a conditional branch, and much easier to manage. Daycare... well; I do love the idea; but I will incorporate it into the Pokemon Center. You'll have to earn the second badge before this feature becomes avalible, however.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 01:53 PM
Iarama
RMXP User

Sounds cool I would love to help out by beta testing!
Old March 2nd, 2010, 02:01 PM
incognito322

Mmm ok. Along with Venom12 you will be my beta tester. Heh for anyone who reads over this I'm done looking for beta testers, I have 2 already
Old March 2nd, 2010, 03:39 PM
Spikey-Eared Pichu
Pichu-pi!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Spikey-Eared Pichu
I'll beta test =) I'm very much interested in this project.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 04:48 PM
incognito322

Lol ok I'll be nice. You're my third and final beta tester. But seriously now, no one else reply in response to beta testing, ok? *goes to work on tileset*
Old March 2nd, 2010, 11:20 PM
☆Konata☆
~☆~Lucky~☆~Star~☆~

Omg nice graphics! I love how Elephire is so cute btw!
I like how you designed the outside of the gym and pokemarts as shown in beginning screenshot~☆~
Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:15 AM
incognito322

Hm? You mean Pokemon Center? Lol well thanks! I should have more up in the next day or so...
Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:44 AM
Death Strike
a.k.a Minions123

Nature: Docile
Hey, hey, hey, can I be a beta tester? xD just joking.

Yeah, I really like the game so far. The story is interesting, and the tiles are cool and looks like they're 3D, even though they aren't.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 07:50 AM
Arbok_G
Grass Master

Um.... to play this game do I need to buy the thing then download it because I went on other sites to download Pokemon Raptor and I needed to buy it?

@ Incognito322 : Um.. I had an idea but you need to answer this question --- Is the game a file?
Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:27 PM
Route
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbok_G View Post
Um.... to play this game do I need to buy the thing then download it because I went on other sites to download Pokemon Raptor and I needed to buy it?

@ Incognito322 : Um.. I had an idea but you need to answer this question --- Is the game a file?
1.) If you had to buy Pokémon Raptor, then someone was trying to scam you. All Pokémon fangames here are free.

2.) Of course the game is a file! What else would it be?
Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:19 PM
Arbok_G
Grass Master

Route @ I want it to be potatoe salad. LOL

Anyway I got this friend who buys DS TT cards and puts all kinds of games on it and theres a little file card that you put in the computer to input games onto. So I got the idea of doing the folloing: Take the files put it in the chip then put that in the DS TT card then put it in my DS and see if it will play! Because my dads a PC techniten (I have no idea how to spell it) he can help me and then wowzers I got myself a DS new pokemon game! *For Free*

Potato** I meant to write Potato**

Last edited by Arbok_G; March 3rd, 2010 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:02 PM
incognito322

@ Death Strike: *facepalm* just kidding. Thanks for the compliment. You know I nearly held my breath when you posted about beta testing. Lol. I just don't want too many people to get a sneak peek of the game, that's all.

@ Arbok_G: Um... I haven't decided on legendaries yet... you won't face them for a long time, so I have some time to think about it, I think .
Old March 3rd, 2010, 03:56 PM
Route
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbok_G View Post
Route @ I want it to be potatoe salad. LOL

Anyway I got this friend who buys DS TT cards and puts all kinds of games on it and theres a little file card that you put in the computer to input games onto. So I got the idea of doing the folloing: Take the files put it in the chip then put that in the DS TT card then put it in my DS and see if it will play! Because my dads a PC techniten (I have no idea how to spell it) he can help me and then wowzers I got myself a DS new pokemon game! *For Free*

Potato** I meant to write Potato**
It won't work on your DS. It is made with RMXP.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 05:29 PM
Arbok_G
Grass Master

KK, thanks for the info. i'll keep that in mind.
Old March 4th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

The Fakemon starters are both good, both being sice Dulswan is too much of a Piplup rip off. The map s ok but the sea needs gradienting a bit. The tiles are great and the first borderless ones I've seen that look good. Your support banners are good too, you're obviously a great Pixel artist. I'd use one if I had room xD

Demo Beta out Now!

Old March 4th, 2010, 02:13 PM
incognito322

Thanks! Yep, the sea is a placeholder, I'm just too lazy to sequence the sea border tiles (where the white parts move up and down slowly) right now. But thank you for the comment. I know the water starter isn't the most lovely, but it will eventually become a swan, something completely different from Empoleon. So hopefully that makes up for the difference.
Old March 4th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Iarama
RMXP User

Arbok to anwser your question further if you want to get pokemon games that you cna transfer to your ds check out the emulation forum that's what it is for. I myself don't support hacking of any kind and I dont know how it works but I guess it does.
Old March 6th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Nightrider434343
Intermediate Game Developer

The tileset looks pretty good in my opinion, as does the storyline. It is very original!
Old March 7th, 2010, 12:30 PM
incognito322

Thank you. Just letting you guys know, I'm going through a graphics overhaul as well as getting the final touches in for the first beta, which I will release in the next week or so. I hope you all are looking forward to it just as much as I am
Old March 13th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Arbok_G
Grass Master

Any Screenies? I really looking forward to seeing more gameplay.
Old March 13th, 2010, 07:54 PM
incognito322

Right now just getting events in and editing the character sets... will post screenies soon, but if you want a real teaser, I posted the maps of the 1st and 2nd towns you'll visit in the game, for some criticism.
Old March 14th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Bordew5
PokéTect

This game looks like it'll be great, the tiles you used/made very good
Old March 15th, 2010, 07:27 AM
incognito322

Thanks... I'm slugging on the indoor tiles (have to alter the Mart and PC ones), so that's taking some time. Hopefully a demo by Wednesday? Only time will tell
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here