Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology
Reload this Page a question about let's plays

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Old February 28th, 2010 (11:46 AM).
UMAD?

Nature: Lax
Hello there. I have a question to ask all of you. I want to start doing a let's play of old N64 games but I don't have a DVD recorder and this laptop has no disk drive. Is it ok if I record let's plays on a camcorder. Also, how can I clear my N64 cartridge of saved games?

who knew?

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old February 28th, 2010 (12:01 PM).
My Secrecy. My Advantage.
Platinum Tier

Why dont you use a N64 Emulator, Project 64 is the best one, and them if you use a screen recorder then you will get much better quality.

If you want i could PM the site where you could get the emulator and i could email you some places to get the roms.

Basicly if you need any help, just VM/PM me

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old February 28th, 2010 (03:08 PM).
UMAD?

Quote originally posted by Hybrid Trainer:
Why dont you use a N64 Emulator, Project 64 is the best one, and them if you use a screen recorder then you will get much better quality.

If you want i could PM the site where you could get the emulator and i could email you some places to get the roms.

Basicly if you need any help, just VM/PM me
I don't have a mircophone....

who knew?

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old February 28th, 2010 (03:12 PM).
The Lonely Physicist
Crystal Tier

Nature: Serious
If you have the camera and an SD card reader, you can record your voice through the camera and edit out the video. If you are able to get to that, then you can PM me on how to edit out the video.

Theory. Code. Anime.

Haunter 1 : Serena's Dignity 0
Old February 28th, 2010 (03:16 PM).
UMAD?

Quote originally posted by AdvancedK47:
If you have the camera and an SD card reader, you can record your voice through the camera and edit out the video. If you are able to get to that, then you can PM me on how to edit out the video.
The camera I have is a JVC GR-D850 digital video camera

who knew?

Old February 28th, 2010 (04:57 PM).
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Gold Tier

Use your camcorder to record your voice, demux the audio stream from the resulting fille and remux it with the output from your emulator.

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H. L. Mencken, unsourced

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]
Old March 1st, 2010 (08:49 AM).
UMAD?

Quote originally posted by twocows:
Use your camcorder to record your voice, demux the audio stream from the resulting fille and remux it with the output from your emulator.
one thing. I have an old N64 system that still works... that's why i posed the camcorder question

who knew?

Old March 1st, 2010 (09:09 AM).
Platinum Tier

I think that you should use quotations and stuff rather than audio, i always think people talking over things makes a video sound boring. no offence but unless your a proffesional voice over man then chances are you voice is boring.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old March 2nd, 2010 (11:45 AM).
UMAD?

Quote originally posted by Hybrid Trainer:
I think that you should use quotations and stuff rather than audio, i always think people talking over things makes a video sound boring. no offence but unless your a proffesional voice over man then chances are you voice is boring.
Don't you mean subtitles? and plus, i am a professional voice actor

who knew?

Old March 3rd, 2010 (09:17 AM).
Platinum Tier

yea thats what i meant,
i thought there was something wierd about that...

-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old March 3rd, 2010 (10:14 AM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by TheBigMan0706:
one thing. I have an old N64 system that still works... that's why i posed the camcorder question
If you want to use the N64, you can try and record the video to something, see if that works.

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H. L. Mencken, unsourced

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]
Old March 3rd, 2010 (12:08 PM).
UMAD?

If you want to use the N64, you can try and record the video to something, see if that works.
but record it to what twocows?

who knew?

Old March 3rd, 2010 (01:34 PM).
This Changes Everything. Again

Send a message via AIM to Apple Inc. Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Apple Inc.
but record it to what twocows?
You could record it to a tape..but I'm not sure how you would get that into your computer without buying an extra accessory..

Old March 3rd, 2010 (03:03 PM).
Gold Tier

Record it to a DVD with a DVD recorder, or if you know how to hook it up, you can record it to your hard drive.

Old March 3rd, 2010 (07:04 PM).
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
Quote:
I record my LPs with a camcorder. The only thing I don't like is my mic, but my cinematic results are alright. Not as great as LPer's like NintendoCapriSun and Chuggaconroy, but it's still looks decent.

paired to klippy
Old March 4th, 2010 (06:14 PM).
UMAD?

Quote originally posted by Apple Inc.:
You could record it to a tape..but I'm not sure how you would get that into your computer without buying an extra accessory..
Well, i'm not recording it to tape, and twocows, I DON'T HAVE A DVD RECORDER!

who knew?

Old March 4th, 2010 (08:45 PM).
Gold Tier

Well, i'm not recording it to tape, and twocows, I DON'T HAVE A DVD RECORDER!
Please don't type in all caps; it's unnecessary, especially since you haven't mentioned this before. Remember that the people on here are helping you voluntarily; we don't get paid for this stuff.

The only way you'll get good quality is by capturing your output somewhere, otherwise you're going to have to cam it, which never looks as good. I can't think of any way of doing this without either using an emulator or buying equipment. Regardless, for your audio, you may want to just dub it over later on, after you've already got the video recorded.

Old March 5th, 2010 (01:18 AM).
Prismatic.

...especially since you haven't mentioned this before.
Actually, he did:

I want to start doing a let's play of old N64 games but I don't have a DVD recorder and this laptop has no disk drive.

You'll probably have to buy an analog video capture device if you want to use your N64.

Example: http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/mainmenu/products/Video-Capture/product1.en.html
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links