Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 28th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
I was thinking about bringing this challenge back for a while, but I didn't want to if I wasn't gonna participate. I mean, if you're gonna make a challenge, it's common courtesy to participate. And I've been so hooked on The Legend of Zelda, so I haven't been into Pokemon much. But I'm feeling like I should pick it back up. ANYWAY. xD

Okay, for those that weren't around the first time I made this (about a year ago), the rules are simple. Pick a generation, any generation! That's right. I, II, III, or IV? Alright. Now type. Still with me? Now. Only two Pokemon of that type and from that generation! OH NOES!!

It's not impossible, though. Trust me. These are the same rules from last time, but with a few changes.

Important: Please only post in the thread to enter or update. PM/VM any questions to me. Thanks!

Rules:
-Only ONE generation, ONE type(dual types are okay), and TWO Pokemon. Doesn't matter if two people have the same type and generation entry, as long as their two Pokemon are different.

-No legendaries. Rotom is allowed, as I don't consider it a legendary.

-HM Slaves are permitted, as well are just randomly catching someone, but don't level them up.

-Action Replay/GameShark may be used to get certain Pokemon, but please tell me if you are doing this. PokeSav is not allowed.
Ex: Generation I, Grass, Vileplume and Victreebel(both are only obtainable afer nation dex)

-Only TWO Eggs may be traded, unless you need to trade multiple eggs for a specific gender. (Gallade, Froslass, etc.)

-For Pokemon with new evos that you want in your duo, just make sure you end the game with that duo.
Ex: Eevee + Eterna Forest = Leafeon
Roselia + Shiny Stone = Roserade
However, it is recommended that you do stone evolutions as early as possible. Friendship evolutions get the slide on this.

-Only PokeBalls may be used to catch wild Pokemon, including legendaries.

-Challenge ends after catching your version mascot(Dialga/Palkia/Giratina), defeating the Elite Four, and catching Heatran. And remember, guys, it's not a competition. Just simply a challenge. Some of us can go through the game in five seconds(like my sister), others take it slow, like myself. So no rush!

-For those who need Wi-Fi trades to get certain Pokemon, the challenge technically starts after obtaining the first badge.

-Once you choose your entry, you may not change it unless it is invaild.
Ex: Generation I, Water, Politoed and Golduck
Politoed is generation II, not I. However, you can do Poliwhirl and Golduck. Evolving is not required.

-Don't forget to post which game you're using!

-Have fun and post often! Just don't post spam, please.

I haven't decided my stuff yet, so I'll either post or edit this one when I figure it out. But rest assured, I will do this challenge.

Edit; Yes, I've made my decision! I'm going with...

Sydian
Generation: IV
Type: Ice
Duo: Froslass and Abomasnow
Version: Diamond

Aquerex
Type: Flying
Duo: Vespiquen and Honchkrow
Version: Platinum

Ilixia
Generation: 4th
Type: Fighting
Duo: Infernape and Lucario
Version: Pearl

Silver enseron
Gen: I
Duo: Dragonite and Charazard
Game: Platinum

Ian Watkins
Gen II
Flying Type
Skarmory and Gligar

Zan
Gen II
Electric
Lanturn and Ampharos

mondays suck
Generation: I
Type: Rock
Duo: Omastar and Rhydon

pokemonmasterkoen
generation: IV
version: Diamond
type: Grass
duo: Turtwig and Budew

Horizon
Gen I
Fire
Nintales and Arcanine

TB Pro
Type: Ground
Duo: Mamoswine and Gastrodon

BenEary
Gen III
Grass
Breloom and Ludicolo

Bird Trainer
Generation:4
Type:Water
Duo: Empoleon and Floatzel

HallwayKid
Type: Normal
Duo: Lopunny and Staraptor

Bustin
Generation IV
Electric
Luxray and Electivire

paired to crono & moderator of 3 & 5

Last edited by Sydian; March 8th, 2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old February 28th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Aquerex
A New Beggining

Nature: Calm
Oooh. =)

Aquerex
Duo: Dodrio and

"The Teacher of Winter's Harshness"

Sorry I have been so inactive.
Old February 28th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Dodrio is gen. I. :( You can't use him for a generation IV challenge. Change the Generation or the Pokemon, otherwise I can't add you to the sign ups. And you need another Pokemon. :P

Old February 28th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Alpha_Spike
Alpha Trainer

Nature: Adamant
I got a question: If I have a huge collection of legendaries that I don't want to give up can I get them traded back into my game after I start again? I really don't want to part with my Arceus and Deoxys and such

Creator of the Triple trigen monotype master challenge(PM for details if you want to know more)

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.

Game: Pokemon Y
Name: Lycos
Friend code: 1306-6972-7386
Old February 28th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Yeah, you can have them on the game, just don't use them please. :3 And just remember, you still do have to catch the version mascot and Heatran, even if those are in your legendary collection.

Old February 28th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Aquerex
A New Beggining

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Dodrio is gen. I. You can't use him for a generation IV challenge. Change the Generation or the Pokemon, otherwise I can't add you to the sign ups. And you need another Pokemon.
D: But you can catch a Doduo on route 201 in D/P/Pt!

Oh yeah, I meant to put Honchkrow as my 2nd Pokemon... woops.

Let me re-sign up.

Aquerex
Duo: Dodrio if possible Vespiquen and Honchkrow

So I can't use Dodrio cuz its a 1st gen Pokemon? You can still catch it in D/P/Pt... *grumble*

"The Teacher of Winter's Harshness"

Sorry I have been so inactive.
Old February 28th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Yeah, that sign up is better. xD By generation, I meant the Pokemon that were released that generation. :( Sorry, I should have been more specific. D; But thanks for joining the challenge! :D

Old February 28th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Ilixia
Beginning Trainer

OOOh sign me up

Ilixia
Generation: 4th
Type: Fighting
Duo: Infernape and Lucario

That ok?
Old February 28th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

That's just fine. :)

First update, sorta. xD

Named my player Sydian, my rival's Ryan (BEACHY!!) and I'm trading 3 Snorunt eggs and a Snover egg right now. Oh, and I chose Piplup, his name's Jeffy, and I'm trading 4 Bidoof. I haven't even seen Starly yet. ._. Weird.

Old February 28th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Alpha_Spike
Alpha Trainer

Quote:
Yeah, you can have them on the game, just don't use them please. :3 And just remember, you still do have to catch the version mascot and Heatran, even if those are in your legendary collection.
Oh I don't use them lol. Also I don't send over ones that are part of in game stuff just events and ones I can't obtain from any normal means.

Creator of the Triple trigen monotype master challenge(PM for details if you want to know more)

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.

Old February 28th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Quote:
Oh I don't use them lol. Also I don't send over ones that are part of in game stuff just events and ones I can't obtain from any normal means
Yes, that's perfectly fine then. :) I don't blame you for wanting to preserve. Go ahead and start choosing your gen/type/duo. :o

Here's a quick update:

I hatched a male Snover and a male Snorunt, then I got a female Snorunt to hatch. I'm training them now against the first trainers in the game.

Obamasnow/ Snover lv. 6
- Powder Snow
- Razor Leaf
- Leer

CapriSun/ Snorunt lv. 5
- Powder Snow
- Leer
- Double Team

Old February 28th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Alpha_Spike
Alpha Trainer

Hm I was thinking of Steel but Lucario is taken >< Also I wouldn't be able to do this straight away as I'm in a challenge on Ruby. And then I would need help to keep my legends and shinies lol

Old February 28th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Gunn
horror resident

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gunn
This seem fun for a challenge. :P I'm going with Steel type and I'm choosing Metagross for sure. I was gonna have Magnezone, but I don't want to do the whole Mt. Coronet thing. D:

Gunn
Type: Steel
Duo: Bronzong and Empoleon
Mr. Scratch, who is played by Ilkka Villi.... Ilkka what? Who the hell?

Last edited by Gunn; February 28th, 2010 at 09:53 PM. Reason: lawl Mr. Coronet
Old February 28th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

If you want Metagross, you'll have to change to generation III. :( When I mean "generation", I mean the Pokemon released that generation.

Quote:
Hm I was thinking of Steel but Lucario is taken >< Also I wouldn't be able to do this straight away as I'm in a challenge on Ruby. And then I would need help to keep my legends and shinies lol
Lucario's taken for a fighting challenge, so he's still up for grabs. :] And this is for DPPt, not Ruby.

Old February 28th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Alpha_Spike
Alpha Trainer

Quote:
If you want Metagross, you'll have to change to generation III. When I mean "generation", I mean the Pokemon released that generation.

Lucario's taken for a fighting challenge, so he's still up for grabs. :] And this is for DPPt, not Ruby.
Lol I know but I want to complete my ruby challenge before doing this one for platinum. >< But now Empoleon is gone. I was going to have Empoleon and Lucario...Hm...I'll think of something else but please keep Lucario for me for steel*begs*

Old February 28th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

It's fine to have Lucario for steel, I already told you. :P Have fun finishing Ruby.

I'm also training to level 15 before the 1st gym. Yes, I go through the game slowly, but trust me, over train while they're little. You won't regret it!

Old February 28th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Alpha_Spike
Alpha Trainer

Quote:
It's fine to have Lucario for steel, I already told you. Have fun finishing Ruby.

I'm also training to level 15 before the 1st gym. Yes, I go through the game slowly, but trust me, over train while they're little. You won't regret it!
Cool and haha you do kinda what I do. I tend to train so my party is usually around 10levels for each gym until like after the 4th gym cause then it gets harder >< So hm..*rushes off to look at steel types from Gen 4*

Old February 28th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Gunn
horror resident

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gunn
Quote:
If you want Metagross, you'll have to change to generation III. :( When I mean "generation", I mean the Pokemon released that generation.
I swapped Metagross with another Pokemon. Bronzong is Gen. IV right? o.o
Mr. Scratch, who is played by Ilkka Villi.... Ilkka what? Who the hell?
Old February 28th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Zan
Electric Mad!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zan
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
il Join, just have to think about what to use
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Pika-News update
Doing Electric Challenges
Name: Zoe
Code: 0603 8175 0466

Old February 28th, 2010, 10:15 PM
11wildy
Me!

Nature: Lonely
I don't fuly get this. Do we choose a gen to play in or do we play in Diamon/Pearl/Platinum? And then we can choose any gen to choose the 2 pokem,on off as long as they are released in that gen and are the same type?
Old February 28th, 2010, 10:17 PM
empty streets
Ace trainer ★

Nature: Brave
I'm in! My first challenge <3

empty streets
Type: Water
Duo: Empoleon and Gastrodon
Version: Diamond

I can still use Empoleon even though another person chose it, right? I picked a different type, so it's ok I hope. If not, than I'll have to give up on water type TT
follow your dreams
Old February 28th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Zan
Electric Mad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11wildy View Post
I don't fuly get this. Do we choose a gen to play in or do we play in Diamon/Pearl/Platinum? And then we can choose any gen to choose the 2 pokem,on off as long as they are released in that gen and are the same type?
this 1 :play in Diamon/Pearl/Platinum? And then we can choose any gen to choose the 2 pokem,on off as long as they are released in that gen and are the same type!!!
Pika-News update

Old February 28th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Alpha_Spike
Alpha Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11wildy View Post
Pick a generation and that determines what pokemon your allowed to choose from. If you pick gen 1 then you can only chose from the first gen pokemon. gen 2 only those created during gen 2 and so on and so forth. Then you pick two pokemon of the same type so long as they aren't used by someone else for that type and then you play through until you capture Heatran

Old February 28th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Zan
Electric Mad!

Ok so i pick Gen 2
Electric
Mareep and Chinchou
Pearl
Pika-News update

Last edited by Zan; February 28th, 2010 at 10:44 PM. Reason: forgot to say Pearl
Old February 28th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Alpha_Spike
Alpha Trainer

Alright so I've decided to go with this:

Alpha_Spike(Characters name is Lycos)
Generation: 3rd
Type: Dragon
Duo: Flygon and Salamence

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links