Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 4th, 2010 (11:40 AM).
インフェルノの津波
Seriously?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Just a simple question. Will Ash's Gible evolve? Put up your answer and why, please.

Here's my thoughts:

Gible will evolve while battling Cynthia's Garchomp, or evolving into Gabite before, and then evolving into Garchomp against Cynthia.

Ash will be overjoyed, but Garchomp will be the same as Charizard, if not worse.

It'll start listening to Ash once he enters the Johto Frontier, even then it'll be reluctant.

It'll be hilarious if Sceptile, Charizard and Garchomp start a rivalry against each other, being Ash's powerhouses and all.

Do you agree with this scenario? If not, why?
Old March 5th, 2010 (07:12 AM).
weedle_mchairybug

Err... I'm not sure if we're even going to have a Battle Frontier this time, never mind the Johto Battle Frontier. I mean, they'd have to cut it awfully close in order to do that (as Gen V is being released in September-November of this year.)
Old March 5th, 2010 (07:44 AM).
amarj3
Trainer

Just isn't enough time to evolve, generally a Pokemon should be high levelled, I know Gible already know Draco move, so ot must be high levelled already. I suppose I do want him to evolve somehow, I am pretty certain they are going to make Ash win the league and make a series on him fighting the Elite 4.

Would kinda be stupid him winning the league with a Gible, they have to evolve him at least once. My gut instincts are that he will evolve in the pokemon league once helping him when it. In the Elite 4 we will see his old pokemon come back like snorlax and Charizard, depending on how long the series is will tell if he evolves
Old May 7th, 2010 (12:52 AM).
trendi5
Beginning Trainer

as you can see gible is the same as ash's snorunt so it has to evolve into gabite but garchomp idk
Old May 7th, 2010 (01:25 AM).
curiousnathan
goodbye to the future

Nature: Mild
Hrm, it could evolve into Gabite but since there is little time left until Gen V is released and so are Pokemon White and Pokemon Black. But I think there might not be enough time for Gabite to evolve into Garchomp and have the Battle frontier go ahead. It will be a pretty tight squeeze.
Old May 7th, 2010 (01:32 AM).
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

Nature: Relaxed
It doesn't have to evolve...

Ash's Totodile and Cyndaquil didn't evolve at all in Johto. And a lot of Ash's Pokemon have been evolving lately. (Monferno, Staraptor, Torterra, Infernape)
Old May 7th, 2010 (02:07 AM).
loliwin
→ Level 69

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to loliwin
I dont think it will happen but it would be awesome if Ash and Cynthia's Garchomp battled each other. ^_^

zero
It’s not X you should worry about - it’s me!

Old May 7th, 2010 (04:31 AM).
.Fenris
Just a bystander, don't shoot!

Nature: Timid
I would say that the Gible will be staying a Gible.

C'mon people, talk to me. I don't bite... not hard, anyway...
Old May 7th, 2010 (07:08 AM).
Infernape
fire power!

Nature: Bold
I think it will in order to fight Cynthia

family | looking for a pair | theme credits
Old May 7th, 2010 (08:08 AM).
DonRoyale
Get on my choppa!

Nature: Adamant
I think it will stay in the Gible stage because, now that Gen V is starting this fall, I don't think Ash will battle the Elite Four / Cynthia.

It doesn't need to evolve anyway
Old May 7th, 2010 (12:35 PM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Why is everyone talking about Ash battling cynthia? Who said he was going to battle cynthia...? Nothings been confirmed i'm sure! Not titles or anything :\

I think it will just evolve into gabite... like during the leauge or somthing... like glaile during the hoenn grand festival! Then maybe it will evolve into garchomp in like 3 years when ash is still on the 3rd badge of his travels in this new region XD

Old May 7th, 2010 (04:22 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I doubt Gible is to evolve anytime soon. If it is though, I support the idea of it evolving into Gabite during the time of the Sinnoh League. It's happened before with other Pokémon, like Krabby to Kingler back in Kanto, so I wouldn't think it impossible. I doubt it'll get any farther than that [for a long time at least].

As for the whole Cynthia idea, I find it unlikely. I don't even think Ash might even have time to go off into a side quest as the 5th Generation begins this coming Fall.
Old May 8th, 2010 (06:38 AM).
Infernape
fire power!

Nature: Bold
if that's the case, why put her in the show at all?

family | looking for a pair | theme credits
Old May 8th, 2010 (06:42 AM).
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
My guess it will evolve against Paul in the Sinnoh League.

Ash didn't battle against any other Champion.

He didn't battle Lance. Lance was helping with the Team Rocket problem.
He didn't battle the Hoenn Champion........ weather it was Steven or Wallace or what ever.

Cynthia was in the show to help battle Team Galatic. That is why she is in the show.
Old May 8th, 2010 (12:13 PM).
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

You know what? I'm going to close this since it's been bumped from March 5th-ish (Unless I'm reading wrong). If you wish to continue discussing this, make a new thread for it.

'Kay? 'Kay.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links