The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Manga/Comics

Notices

Pokémon Manga/Comics Here you can talk about the manga (comics), discuss your favs, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 4th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Taichi
The Keyblader of The Future

Just curious is all. In case you didn't know, there are people who are trying to make a Pokemon Special 'Anime'. I would link to it, but it's a forum so I can't. But nothing wrong with googling right? lol
Anyway, it seems there getting some things done. Anybody here part of it?
Old March 5th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist

All those PokeSpecial animation projects are born dead, the past has proven that.
After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.
Old March 5th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Kendall
Fool of a Took

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kendall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
All those PokeSpecial animation projects are born dead, the past has proven that.
Well with that kind of attitude, nothing is going to get done, certainly.

Yes, it is difficult to organize such a huge undertaking, but some people might have enough determination to get the job done.

Only problem is with copyrights... not sure if gamefreak/nintendo would give it the boot.
Old March 6th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Ash_Pokemaster
Gym Leader

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ash_Pokemaster
Quote:
Only problem is with copyrights... not sure if gamefreak/nintendo would give it the boot.
Sure, that's the only problem.
Old March 18th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Taichi

Well apparently this says different.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...board/pse1.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...board/pse2.jpg
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Taichi

I know that I shouldn't bump something on the first page, but proof to all those that says its born dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0YvyDZSFhk
Old April 5th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Jude Mathis
[ counting stars ]
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
They're giving it some awesome effort, but I think people say the ideas are 'born dead' because just fully animating/coloring a three minute scene takes a lot of work. Put that together with how long any one series in PokeSpe is.. and that would take more effort that anyone would be willing to put into it. Even if it manages to get through a few short episodes, chances are that's as much as we'll get unless Japanese decides to professionally release a PokeSpe anime. x__x

Either way, it would be neat to see even one or two episodes of this get done. I'd love to see the characters animated, fanmade or not.
Old April 7th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taichi View Post
I know that I shouldn't bump something on the first page, but proof to all those that says its born dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0YvyDZSFhk
Show me it when a final version of first episode is done.

Also, all previous PokeSpe fan animation projects had one common fail - they were totally uncreative. They carbon-copied the manga. I want to see some creativity, alterations from the original manga version. I'm not saying that they should alter the principles of PokeSpe canon. Just some additional things that would make the animation more amusing and something more than carbon-copy. Come on, this is fanwork after all.
After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.
Old April 8th, 2010, 12:42 PM
TheViolentTomboy
I'll hit you with this thing

Also, all previous PokeSpe fan animation projects had one common fail - they were totally uncreative. They carbon-copied the manga. I want to see some creativity, alterations from the original manga version. I'm not saying that they should alter the principles of PokeSpe canon. Just some additional things that would make the animation more amusing and something more than carbon-copy. Come on, this is fanwork after all.

Dude. Do you even watch some official anime? THAT'S WHAT NEARLY ALL MANGA-BASED ANIME DO. They strive to get as much of the original feeling of the source material in, and if they DO add something else into it, it's usually just padding, filler, or a hastily done ending. And you know how much we all love filler.
Old April 9th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Taichi

Quote:
What is that suppose to mean actually? Don't manga that get turned into anime get carbon-copied?
Old April 23rd, 2010, 03:33 AM
GlitchCity

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to GlitchCity
Well its not impossible, look what they did to the "new" fullmetal alchemist episodes. I highly believe that they could make this successful. And I would totally watch it every waking hour lol.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 07:42 PM
pong08
Black & White... don't fail me

Nature: Bashful
well the storyboards looked very promising. So I'm excited about that being done.... I wonder what the theme song will be like....

but about the fillers: It would be nice to see just a little fillers..... but not like the amount of fillers that Naruto had....*shudders*

I am looking forward to use cyndaquil on HG!!
Old May 3rd, 2010, 02:53 PM
JakeyBoy
Riddle me this

Nature: Naughty
To be perfectly honest, the panels pretty much are a storyboard. Not much needed to be added. But yeah, it's a lot of work for what is likely to be very few people.
In other news, this sounds amazing. Would be awesome to lend a hand. Wish I had skills or confidence, or whatever it is you need to do something this cool.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 02:56 PM
Narcissus Secret
Donator Tier 2

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to Narcissus Secret
I think that it could be done, but it would be extremely hard. It would take a lot of time , a lot of effort, and a lot of skill. It might now get at as far as intended, but I think they will at least try. I would love to see at least a few episodes of this, if it comes about.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 06:50 PM
TheViolentTomboy
I'll hit you with this thing

We do have a theme song in the works; we got the tune down and a few possible lyrics, but now we're just trying to find someone who can sing it. That and we're planning the OP animation.

No fillers. We're not getting paid and animating takes way too long anyways.

Join the forum, and at the very least, you can pitch in ideas and stuff, point out if something doesn't work out. That's all I can do ...that and I find references for various stuff.
Old May 4th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Pass!on
I'll go swimmin' in your eyes

Nature: Quirky
Quote:

This.
And for the record, most manga-based anime I've seen do make altercations, some more drastic than others, and it turned out perfectly fine. It wouldn't be as interesting if they didn't. So completely carbon-copying the manga shouldn't be the goal of adapting it to an anime.

Anyway, the idea seems really fun. I've love to see a few episodes of Pokespe.

Jiyoon&HyunA
High Cut

Old December 30th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Supernova122
Beginning Trainer

Hmm, I came across this while googling, and made an account just to comment here :p

Quote:
Hmm, it's pretty difficult to animate, particularly when understaffed. But this project is making quick progress with episode 1, and we're not planning to drop it all anytime soon.

Quote:

Well, you can chat all you want about what you want, but in reality, how easy is that? Animating is already a lot of hard work, and you're asking people to add scenes in without a basis to work from and get it spot on. I mean, fine, we're all for adding in little bits here and there where appropriate - some scenes, particularly battle scenes, lend themselves to extension, but we're not going to put in a whole laod of extra effort to add little bits JUST to be different form the manga. Of course, if anybody's got some genius ideas, I'm all ears.

I kinda made thsi post to stick up for a project a lot of people feel was stillborn, which is a load of crap. And kinda maybe to get it some attention :p Seriously though, with much better organisation happening, this project IS moving forward. We'd love more skilled people to move it on faster though <3
Old January 3rd, 2011, 09:59 PM
MysticFlames
~Fedoras~

Nature: Quirky
Hmm. I'm always skeptical of projects like this, but this one does look like it's charging forward. So far, it's looking quite good art wise, and the voice acting is better than the usual fanime I come across (though, those also have the worst art ever). It'd be great to see this actually come into fruition.

I also personally have no problem with it mostly following the manga. I can agree that changing it for the sake of changing it isn't necessary. Although, if you mean changing it just so that it flows better as an animation, then yeah, obviously that would be a must. Directly following how a manga usually won't translate well when animated, is all. Those involved in this particular project seem to understand how to work with it, though, so I don't see this as being a problem.

[Tools for lazy hackers] Flight Spot Editor // pkEditor - A Script Generator
(Warning: May be loud...) // Consolation Prizes by Phoenix
Old January 9th, 2011, 06:00 PM
murb93
Beginning Trainer

I refuse to write off something so quick, as some of the others in this topic seem to be doing. Definitely looks like it's worth getting into. Wish I could help with it, but I'm much too busy for it.
Old January 14th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Netto Azure
<<38th Generation Leaf Knight>>

Nature: Gentle
I was surprised and amazed with the NicoNico Douga version. If they were able to do it, you guys can. Although I would rather not understand the language and just read subs so I won't be tempted to criticize the voice acting. :B

And yeah it would be fine if you guys use the Anime's Theme songs. it applies enough. :U

“Sun, are you really all right? Does it hurt? Do you need help? Are you sure?”

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links