The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Old March 7th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Graceful
あぁ、たいさ!♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful
Quote:
An investigation is under way after it was alleged police officers got a vulnerable teenage prisoner drunk on cider to make him confess to 11 crimes he did not commit.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is looking into claims that two detectives from South Wales Police took a 17-year-old boy out of prison on two "drive arounds" of burglary scenes in Cardiff in an unmarked police car in an attempt to falsify their detection rates by having him ask to have the offences taken into consideration.
The teenager's solicitor, Nadeem Majid, said that during one of the trips last month the officers bought the boy cigarettes and two two-litre bottles of Strongbow cider. The detectives are also alleged to have promised the boy, who has been remanded for psychiatric reports pending sentencing for two acts of theft, that he could have a takeaway and see his mother.
The IPCC confirmed that it was investigating five complaints against South Wales Police.
Having "offences taken into consideration" is common practice in the UK and means a criminal can plead guilty to one crime and also admit to others in court without having their sentence affected.
Article On "The Inderpedent"

And apparently Graceful is still alive after a very long hiatus ♥
Old March 7th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
...That is just wrong.

You can get drunk on cider? I didn't know that...

Still, wow, 11 crimes... that he didn't commit.

Those cops out do have there badges taken away, or get put into jail themselves.
Old March 7th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Dopefish7590
Trainer

Nature: Rash
What the heck is wrong with these cops? Did they have a grudge against this teen or something?
Old March 7th, 2010, 11:55 PM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I'll be glad when these crooked cops are out of a job.
My local department is pretty bad but still over 50% of the officers do good.

They should also be prosecuted for the crimes they commited and/or sued.
Old March 8th, 2010, 12:12 AM
NAGATO
(>^-^)>

Nature: Naughty
>> This type of thing makes me glad i live in a community where there's die hard cops around every corner.. at least none of them do that.

New SoulSilver:Name:silver / Fc: 2966 0771 2703
Old March 8th, 2010, 06:14 AM
emoBill™
† мазохист †

Nature: Bold
That's just wrong.
And if people know that they got them drunk, then this shouldn't stay hidden for long ._.;
They should definitely get punished.

Old March 8th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Timbjerr
Visionary Aqua Leader
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
So let me get this straight...two crooked detectives got lazy and chose a random kid in prison for petty theft, drove him around the city, and then got him drunk and confess to the crimes?

The cops may have been at fault here, but the kid is definitely a grade-A idiot as well. >_>
The sea is an irreplaceable treasure for every living thing on this planet. But with our selfish extravagance, humanity dirties the great ocean, destroying this source of all life... Day by day, we're all destroying our most precious resource! If we humans suffer from our actions, well, maybe we'll end up getting what we deserve. But what about the Pokémon in our world? The Pokémon that no longer have a place to live because we stole and soiled their seas? The Pokémon that won't have a place to raise their young and watch them grow? We are creating a world in which innocent Pokémon suffer as a result of our actions... And that is something that I can't forgive! That's why I came to a decision, see? The foolish actions of my fellow humans, the seas we have blighted, nature itself... I will return everything to its unspoiled beginnings!
Old March 8th, 2010, 02:25 PM
missingnoresearcher
I like your bedsheets

Nature: Naughty
Who gets drunk on apple cider?

Credits to HackMew for the avatar and siggy.

Old March 8th, 2010, 02:45 PM
linkinpark187
Computer Tech

Nature: Modest
This is just wrong. Are you serious?!

And yes, you can get drunk on cider. Just like beer, if you let it ferment, it will become alcoholic. I'm not too worried about saying this, because I'm sure you can easily find out how on Google.

That, and if you look in the grocery store, you'll find in the section with the alcohol a product called "hard cider". That's all it is.

Many thanks to Shadow_Ball for the sig pic!

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old March 8th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Zaden
Beginning Trainer

wow freak people using children as piniatas..... er i mean those police officers are freaks i mean getting kids drunk? but then again people should never take things from strangers even if they are cops..
Old March 8th, 2010, 03:12 PM
AtomicoExploda
I don't know.

Nature: Calm
That's ridiculous, didn't they think that it would be easily proved wrong since they had no evidence and the person they were accusing was drunk? They should really be sued.

MAL
PC
PB
GFX

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links