The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing

Notices

Fan Fiction and Writing Submit your stories and poems.

Old Posted April 7th, 2010 (01:34 PM).
zapdos926
I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh

Nature: Gentle
almost cried while I typed it....
Old Posted April 7th, 2010 (02:32 PM).
Krystallyn
☼ ♥You make me smile♥ ☼

Nature: Relaxed
That makes complete sense.

♥ Dedicated to Justin, a guy I want to know much better ♥
☼You make me smile like the sun, fall outta bed
Sing like a bird, Dizzy in my head
Spin like a record, Crazy on a Sunday night
You make me dance like fool, Forget how to breathe
Shine like gold, Buzz like a bee
Just the thought of you can drive me wild
Oh, you make me smile☼

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become.
C. S. Lewis
Old Posted April 7th, 2010 (03:44 PM).
zapdos926

well, here is le next chapter

ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!!!... sorry i has been obsessed with ROFL copters recently...

------------
CH.4

Lucas was looking through a globe that showed him everything that the Gallade saw and heard everything it heard, when it suddenly went dark. Lucas had gotten the needed information though. The flaming demon that had almost killed him was dead. Because of this Lucas knew that the boy, or what ever he was, would be more cautious, but would do anything to get back at Lucas.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Orin hoped that the boy was okay, from what he had heard more than a month ago was that he would probably be going up against an army of men. Orin had promised to keep the secret of Andrew’s powers from everyone. He hadn’t told his wife or his children, although the story would probably amuse them. He would tell them in a few years once they were older and whatever might happen has blown through, and with permission from Andrew. He had also hoped that the boy had been able to rescue his friends and that latios’ sister hadn’t been killed.

All of these things he thought about as he was coming home late one night after gathering fire wood. He went to the small stable he and his family owned to check on the Ponyta and Rapidash. All of the horses like pokemon were moving nervously about in their stables. When he approached his small cottage in the outskirts of his village he heard a voice that he didn’t know talking to his wife. Orin looked through the window to see a black clad figure holding two small battle axes and that was accompanied by two Mightyena.

“I’m telling you he never told me of any boy with any power!” Orin’s wife basically screamed at the man. His 7 year old son and daughter were both cowering behind their mother. He couldn’t see the two oldest. Orin walked to the door on the other side of the house and walked in. he saw no signs that the man and his Mightyena were there.

He walked into the kitchen where he had seen his wife talking to the man. He wasn’t there, but his wife was.

She was lying on the floor, her throat ripped out. He looked for his two youngest and found them in the same state in a room adjoining the kitchen, they had tried to run but the Mightyena had gotten to them first. He walked dup the stairs, tears in his eyes. He went to his oldest sons’ room, tomorrow would have been his thirteenth birthday Orin thought as he saw the child laying on the bed one bare foot hanging of the edge. He pulled the covers off his son to reveal that he had been stabbed. He then walked into the room of his eldest daughter who was 14.

As Orin walked into the room he feared what he would see, but there was nothing anywhere. No blood, no nothing. A movement came from inside the closet. His daughter peered out.

“Father?” she said uncertainly.

“Yes, I’m here.” Orin said.

“It was horrible!” she yelled and ran to her father who held her tight. “They jumped into Javins room and I got away and hid.” She cried.

“Yes, I know, I saw all of it, its okay Aalina, everything will be alright. He comforted his daughter. He then remembered the conversation that his wife had been having with the man. He had no idea how they even knew he was told the story. He tried to think back to that night a month ago. The only ones there were himself, his Rapidash, the boy, and latios. He thought harder and remembered hearing a Noctowl during his conversation with Andrew. Orin also remembered seeing the Noctowl as he rode home. This one though, was different. Orin remembered it now. The bird had been black and silver.

“I need to tell you something.” Orin said to his still sobbing daughter.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Latios had woken up and remembered what happened the day before. He remembered his conversation with Typhlosion and almost cried. What Typhlosion saw in his vision in the flames about someone dieing, it had been him. Latios remembered the rest of what Typhlosion had seen in the fire. Andrew then walked up to the blue and white dragon.

“I need to speak to you.” The boy said.

<yes, what about?> latios asked although he already knew.

“Typhlosion” the boy said, but this time into latios’ head. Latios looked at the grave.

“I need to ask you something first.” Latios thought to the boy in return.

“Ok, ask.” Andrew said.

“What was that pendant that was around Typhlosions neck?” Latios asked. “I never saw it before yesterday.”

“That pendant belonged to Rayquaza. I gave it to Typhlosion when he was a Quilava because he reminded me of Rayquaza.” Andrew said and latios just nodded. Andrew pulled out the small necklace, the small gem glinting in the sun. Latios noticed now that the gem was in the shape of a flame, and the pendant itself looked like a water droplet. Latios was about to ask why when Andrew seemingly read his mind and answered.

“It’s shaped like this to represent that even opposites can work together, that they can help each other and get along.” The boy said. “I’m not going to let anyone else I know or care about die the way Typhlosion and Rayquaza did.” He clenched his fist tight around the pendant.

“One more thing, Typhlosion saw himself dieing.” Latios said.

“What?” Andrew said in surprise.

“He told me that he had the ability to see things that have happened or will happen.” Latios let this sink in and continued. “He didn’t know that it was himself dieing though, he said the image was to blurry.”

“Did he tell you why he didn’t tell me?” Andrew asked, slightly angry that the pokemon he trusted more than his life with hadn’t told him this.

“Yes” Latios answered, “He said he had seen you dieing, and killing. He saw you being beaten by someone larger than you.” Andrew shuddered and began reliving the moment, but this time it was only with Latios.

The dragon saw that he was under water watching Andrew as a young Kyogre being attacked by another, much larger Kyogre that Latios took to be Andrew’s father. The young whale was just sitting there, defenseless against his own father, who was launching wave after wave of attacks and sometimes literal underwater waves. The vision then stopped, and Andrew and Latios were back on the island. All of their friends except Luni had woken up and seemed to be searching for them.

<We’re right here!> latios called out to them.

<Where have you been, it’s been three hours!> latias said worriedly as she came up to them.

“Three hours!?” both boy and dragon said in unison.
Old Posted April 9th, 2010 (11:49 AM).
Krystallyn
☼ ♥You make me smile♥ ☼

Wow... Long flashbacks.

Oh, you make me smile☼

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become.
C. S. Lewis
Old Posted April 10th, 2010 (06:41 PM).
zapdos926

well.... here is ch.5 maybe, one day, i'll be posting the chapters here at th same time i post on deviant art (if i procrastinate for a reallly long time).

And Krys, i swear you are the only perso whohas posted more than once and actually read what ive posted. Silawen posted twice but from what i could tell, he only read ch.1, making you te only known (to me) loyal reader

well.... here is ch.5
----------------
CH.5

<Yes, we all woke up and just thought you had gone hunting, but that wouldn’t make sense because there are still Stantler here so we got worried.> Latias said, relief that they were here in her voice.

<But it only lasted about three minutes!> latios said, confused. Andrew seemed to be thinking about this.

“I guess when we enter one of my memories, time is distorted, making each minute in the memory an hour here…” Andrew trailed off. “Typhlosion had been alive for two extra hours when we had entered the memory about the Articuno.” Andrew then just walked over to Typhlosions grave and sat there.

Andrew sat next to the grave over the course of the next week, only moving when he needed to eat drink, or find more food. After a week his friends became worried. Latias approached him with all of their thoughts.

<Why do you do this?> she asked.

“He did it for me once, I am repaying that debt.” Andrew said and motioned to the grave. “I was wounded when one of Lucas’ men hit me with his halberd.” Andrew continued. “With my last bit of energy I killed him, but I couldn’t move afterwards, this was when Typhlosion had just evolved from a Cyndaquil to a Quilava. He sat next to me and kept me warm for ten days strait, now I am doing the same, well not the keeping him warm, but you get the idea.” Latias finally understood.

<So today is the last day?> she asked him.

“Yes, I will miss him, but I must not dwell on the past to long, or else I will never leave it.” Andrew said quietly. Latias nodded and left, glad that he would no longer act so depressed. She hated when he was like this, even though this was the only time she had seen him acting this way.
- - - - - - - - - - -
The next morning Andrew woke everyone up as usual. When Luni finally did wake up, he took the bandage off her foot and examined her wing. The bone was no longer broken.

“Well, you have your choice now,” he said to the young Lugia and Umbreon. “You can go and act as if this never happened, or you can come with me and possibly get killed within the next week. Most are wise and pick the first option.” He said, “But some are really smart and choose to travel with me.” He added sarcastically and looked at latios and latias. He lost his sarcastic tone though, when his eyes landed on Typhlosions grave, but he quickly looked away.

“Choose.” The boy said.

<You know what, as appealing as the first one sounds, I’m going to go with you.>Luni sighed and looked at Umbreon who seemed to be contemplating the options.

<I’m going to agree with her.> the black pokemon said at last.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Orin and Aalina had been riding for many days when they finally reached the coast. They dismounted and tied their Rapidash to a nearby palm. They went over to the beach and sniffed the salty breeze; neither of them had been to the ocean before.

“So how are we going to get across the ocean, we don’t have a boat, much less a seaworthy one that could carry to pokemon that’s neck and tail are always on fire?” Aalina asked her father, her wavy brunette hair blowing in the breeze. Before Orin could answer he saw four dark shapes flying towards them on the horizon. Aalina noticed them too.
“What are those?” she asked.

“Well, they’re much too big at that distance to be Wingull or Peliper.” Orin said. Aalina was proud of her father for even knowing what they wern't since he hadnt had much of an education.

“I almost wish they were, but I imagine they will be more exotic, am I right?” the girl said.

“I have a good feeling your right.” Orin said as the black dots began to take shape. They began to lose altitude and approached the beach, apparently planning to land here.

“Hide” Orin whispered to his daughter who proceeded to move herself and both Rapidash deeper into the forest behind them, Orin followed. They watched from behind the trees as the pokemon landed. Orin recognized one of them as Latios, the blue dragon from all those weeks ago. Just to be sure he stayed still and motioned for Aalina to do the same.

With latios was a white pokemon with blue diamonds on its eyes as well as blue spikes on its back and tail. Also in the party was a smaller red version of Latios which Orin took to be his sister. A small black pokemon with yellow rings on its body materialized out of the final member of the groups’ shadow. The final member was a Rayquaza, he knew this because he had seen one once fly over his village and the man he was standing next to was very knowledgeable about pokemon.

There was a bright flash of light and the slender green dragon was no longer there, but Andrew was. Orin realized who the boy was after the shock of witnessing the ability. He noticed something wrong though. Last time they had met, Andrew was with a Quilava, now there was not even a sign of the little pokemon, and a Typhlosion didn’t appear out of anywhere either. He thought about this, but Aalina whispered to him.

“Is this the boy?” she asked, surprised that her father hadn’t been fooling her. He nodded his head and walked out from behind the trees.

“hello.” He made himself present and everyone in the group nearly jumped out of their skin. Andrew looked at Orin.

“You shouldn’t scare people like that!” he said and laughed. He then looked at the man more closely and recognized him.

“I know you.” Andrew said.

“Yes, I’m Orin.” He said and the boy smiled but then his face darkened.

“Who is with you? You didn’t tell anyone did you?” Andrew asked warily. Orin looked into the woods and motioned for his daughter to come out. She was tall and skinny; she had a sword at her side and looked at Andrew intently. The boy looked at her then Orin.

“Your daughter?” Andrew asked and Orin nodded. “Did you tell her?” Andrew asked, and once more Orin nodded his head.

“I’m sorry, but I had to.” Orin said regretfully, Andrew nodded this time. “Where is your other friend, the Quilava, or is he a Typhlosion now?” Orin asked expecting either one to jump out of nowhere and surprise him.

“He evolved into a Typhlosion over the winter but was hit in the back with an axe and died.” Andrew said calmly, but everyone could hear his voice shake slightly when he talked about it.

“Oh, I’m sorry. My wife and other three children were killed last week, I know how you feel.” Orin almost did start crying when he spoke of this, but kept his posture.

“So would you like to introduce me to your daughter now?” Andrew asked to change the subject, for the good of all of them.

“Oh, um, yes. Andrew, this is Aalina. Aalina, Andrew.” Orin said, and his daughter curtsied. Andrew bowed in return.

“pleasure.” He said and began to introduce the rest of the group

“Orin, you already know Latios” he motioned to the blue pokemon anyway. “This is Latias, our rescue mission was successful, obviously,” he motioned to the red version of Latios, “and these two are Umbreon and Luni.” He said and motioned to the two of them.

“Wait, is Luni the species or a nickname?” Orin asked confused, Luni didn’t sound like a pokemons name to him. Luni forgot that humans couldn’t answer from all the time talking to Andrew in a human form.

<No, I’m a Lugia> she laughed but caught herself before continuing and looked to Andrew to translate for her.

“Her exact words are: ‘no, I’m a Lugia’ and she laughed at you” Andrew said. Orin seemed confused by this, Aalina just seemed curious.

“Ok, so she is Luni the Lugia?” the girl asked.

“Yes, you’ve caught on” Andrew said sarcastically. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude.” He added when he got a look from Latias.

“So, why did you come all this way to the coast? It’s about a two week ride from where we met.” Andrew asked, curiously.

“My family was killed by a man with two Mightyena,” Orin said sadly. “I over heard a part of the conversation between him and my wife, he was talking about you, and when she said I hadn’t told her, he made his pokemon kill her and my other children.” He let Andrew think about this and continued. “At first I had no idea how they had even known we had had the conversation, but I remembered seeing a strangely colored Noctowl as a rode home.”

“What color was this Noctowl?” Andrew asked the man.

“Silver and black. Why?” Orin became worried.

“Any pokemon that color is a servant of the evil.” Andrew said.

Old Posted April 13th, 2010 (03:48 AM).
Silawen
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Silawen
Quote:
And Krys, i swear you are the only perso whohas posted more than once and actually read what ive posted. Silawen posted twice but from what i could tell, he only read ch.1, making you te only known (to me) loyal reader
She, actually. Does 'Silawen' really look that masculine? I get called a guy way too many times.

The reason why I haven't reviewed again is because I generally review to help people. If they don't want to be helped, then I don't review. You've had a lot of tips from me to improve your work, yet I still see a lot of the same mistakes being made and you didn't try to edit out the problem areas you acknowledged were there.

To me the story's not interesting - or well-written - enough to read for my personal enjoyment and you don't seem interested in criticism, so I'd much rather spend time on someone else.

If you are interested in concrit, however, then I'll review your second chapter, if you want. However, it doesn't look like it if you're still punctuating speech the way you are.

Thank you, Saffire Persian, for the lovely banner.
Old Posted April 14th, 2010 (10:02 AM).
Krystallyn
☼ ♥You make me smile♥ ☼

I love how Orin and his daughter came back into the story. I like them both.

Oh, you make me smile☼

C. S. Lewis
Old Posted April 16th, 2010 (05:05 PM).
zapdos926

Silawen, you make a very good point, and i knw thats kind of down sizing my own fan-fic. (sorry for clling you a guy)

@krys, they will become relatively important to the story, but thn the kind of drop out.

---------------
CH.6

That night Andrew built four palm tents. One tent for Orin and Aalina, one for him and Umbreon, one for latios, latias, and a large one for Luni.

As Andrew lay down in his tent Umbreon curled up next to the boy.

<How did you get your ability?> the small black pokemon asked.

“I would rather not tell you right now.” The boy replied.

<why? I made the choice to come with you and that makes me part of the group. A group should never keep secrets.”

“I have not told anyone how I got my ability, the only one who knows or knew, was Typhlosion.” Andrew looked like he might cry again when he said the name, but he didn’t.

<oh.>Umbreon muttered. The black pokemon looked at Andrew and saw that he had fallen asleep. <Good night.> the pokemon whispered and fell asleep by the boys’ side.

The next morning Andrew prepared breakfast before anyone else woke up. He needed time to think. He thought of all the bad things that had recently happened. Latias was kidnapped and had almost been killed, his best friend was killed, and Latios had almost died from poison. He then thought of the good: he had met Latios and Latias, he had been able to defeat Lucas and rescue Latias, and he prevented Latios from dieing.

Latias had woken up and silently floated up behind him.

<What’s for breakfast?> she asked, seemingly knowing what Andrew was thinking about and trying to change his thoughts.

“For you, Latios, Luni and Umbreon? Stantler. For me Orin and Aalina? Eggs and bacon.” Andrew said. “I’ll be right back.” He said as he walked into the woods.

About half an hour later he came back with three Stantler on his shoulders. Latias was still the only one awake. Andrew pulled out a knife from his bag and began to cut off a hind leg. When he was done, he brought it over to Latias and set it down.

“Bon a petite” Andrew said and bowed.

<Thank you.> latias said and laughed at his formality. Andrew began to prepare a new breakfast for himself, Orin and Aalina since the first had burnt while he was hunting.

In another half hour everyone else was awake, Luni as usual being the last. After everyone had eaten Andrew brought Orin into the woods.

“So, why are you here?” Andrew asked.

“I was hoping you would know why that man killed my family, he was obviously talking about you.” Orin replied.

“Well, yesterday you said he was asking your wife how I got my powers.”

“Yes, but why didn’t he just leave after she said she didn’t know?”

“The evil doesn’t take no for an answer, it will kill anyone who doesn’t know the information it wants.”

“Then what about those who do know?”

“The evil takes them hostage, forces the information out of whoever it is with torture, and then kills them.”

“But why? The Noctowl must have heard that you didn’t say anything about how you got your ability.”

“I don’t know.”

“Is there anyone that did know about how you obtained this ability?” Orin asked, but Andrew didn’t answer so he began to ask another question when the boy began to talk.

“Yes, but I don’t know why that would have affected you.” the boy said. “Only Typhlosion knew how I got the ability, and you don’t ask how, I haven’t told any one else and I won’t.”

“Oh, once again, I am sorry about your friend.” Orin said.

“I’m the one who should be apologizing, it’s my fault your family was killed. I shouldn’t have told you, but I decided I could trust you, its one of my fatal flaws.” Andrew said quickly, “I trust people before I really even know them; I also am too loyal to the ones I care about.” Orin just nodded. After their conversation Andrew and Orin left the woods. Andrew sat on the beach and latias floated over to him and sat next to hem on her flipper like hind legs. Andrew rubbed her neck, being careful to avoid the spots where she had been bitten, as they were still raw, and painfully to the touch.

<The ocean is calm today.> she said as she stared at the motionless waters. <Are you doing that?> she asked curiously. The water was so still, not even a ripple cut the surface of the glass like ocean.

“Yes, I prefer the ocean when it is like this, its good for meditation.” Andrew answered. Aalina came over to him then.

“You can understand what she’s saying?” she asked in amazement.

“Yes, I can understand what all pokemon say.” He replied and accidentally rubbed one of Latias’ bite marks, she yelped in surprise. “Sorry, are you ok?” he asked apologetically. Latias nodded her head and turned back to the ocean. After a few minutes of silence he stood up.

“How good are you with a sword?” he asked Aalina.

“Um, ok I guess.” She said, startled by the question.

“Orin, come here, help your daughter spar.” He said and winked at latias. “She will be on my team” Andrew said and motioned to the red and white dragon. Orin and Aalina looked confused but their jaws nearly dropped to the ground when Latias’ body shimmered and she was no longer there, but a young girl, with red hair and bright gold eyes, with a short sword at her side about the same age as Andrew was standing there.

“Does she have the ability too?” Aalina asked. Orin looked like he was wondering the same thing, but remembered what he had seen latios do so long ago, reflecting the light to change their shape. A voice in both their heads made both of them jump.

“No, I have the ability to reflect the light with my feathers to look like anything I please.” The voice said. Orin quickly caught on, this was the same way latios had communicated with him last month when they had first met. Aalina still looked confused so Andrew explained.

“She is using telepathy.” He said. Aalina seemed to understand a bit more but still seemed slightly confused.

“What about her sword?” Orin asked and looked at the blade of the short sword that latias had drawn which seemed unusually sharp.

“That to is an illusion, it can’t hit you but it can block and hit another sword” Andrew told them. As an example, Latias lunged at Andrew, but the sword passed right through him. Andrew then held out his sword, which latias hit with her own, it didn’t pass through, but instead stopped and made the typical clanging sound that a sword made when coming in contact with another blade.

Latios, Umbreon and Luni watched from the side lines as the sparring match began. Andrew showed Orin and Aalina a series of different attacks which when they repeated he expertly blocked. When the real sparring match began, both Andrew and Latias nimbly dodged every thing their opponents threw at them. When they finally did start to fight back, Orin and Aalina were quickly knocked to the ground. Both boy and dragon gave each of them a few seconds to get up each time they knocked them down. After a few hours of this they all collapsed onto the sand. Latios laughed at them.

<Wow, lets see that enthusiasm when your fighting a bunch of armed men.> the blue dragon said.

“Oh shut up, you try not to crush me with meteors!” Andrew said with a laugh and threw a handful of sand into the blue dragons face. Latios shook his head to get the sand out of his feathers.

<Oh you’re going to get it!> Latios said tried to throw some sand back at Andrew but the boy dodged it and the sand hit latias in the face instead. Afterwards all heck broke loose, Latias threw some sand at Latios which he evaded and it hit Luni instead. Luni then used her powerful wings to make a small sandstorm, which hit every one. This made everyone start throwing sand at each other. Another hour and all of them collapsed.

“That was the most fun I’ve had in a while!” Andrew said tiredly, a childish smile on his face. He got up and looked at his companions. Latias who had since reverted back to her dragon form, and latios both looked extremely silly and Andrew told them.

<You look no better yourself!> Latias laughed after being giving a description of herself. Her image shuddered and she became a mirror image of Andrew, his hair was sticking almost strait up, and there was sand all over him. Andrew looked at Latias.

“Not half as bad as you do!” Andrew said Orin and Aalina were confused by the conversation, but got the gist of it by what Andrew had been saying. There was a flash of light and in place of Andrew was a mirror image of Latias. From what Latias saw she did think she looked quite silly, her feathers were ruffled up, and her whole body was covered in sand.

<Well, I’m going to need a bath.> she said as Andrew once again became human.

“I think we all need a bath.” Latios thought to all of them.

<Agreed> Umbreon said as he looked down at himself, he now looked like a tan version of his usual self. <I look horrendous!>

Orin and Aalina looked at Andrew, who translated.

“He said he looks silly.” The boy said.

“Well he does” Latios said and after much urging, Andrew was able to get Umbreon into the water with everyone else. They all waded into the calm ocean and stayed there until sunset.
Old Posted April 17th, 2010 (09:24 AM).
Krystallyn
☼ ♥You make me smile♥ ☼

I'm glad to hear Andrew was all smiley.

Also, I like how we're hearing more from the ever-elusive Umbreon. I ♥ umbreon.

Oh, you make me smile☼

C. S. Lewis
Old Posted April 20th, 2010 (01:10 PM).
zapdos926

umbreon isnt a very important charcter in the story.he is like a retired spy.
here is ch. 7

-----------
Aalina woke up before anyone else the next morning. She walked over to the ocean and sat down and dug her feet into the sand. Andrew crawled out of his tent and sneaked up behind her.

“Good morning, you’re up early.” Andrew yawned. Aalina nearly jumped into the ocean. When Andrew sat down Aalina noticed that the waves had suddenly become barley ripples.

“That’s strange…” she muttered. Andrew looked at her, slightly confused.

“What’s so strange?” he asked.

“When you relaxed, the ocean seemed to relax too.” Andrew didn’t say anything about this, but just got up and began to prepare breakfast. Latios and Latias woke up and came out of their tent.

<Good morning.> they said to both boy and girl. Aalina looked at Andrew confused.

“They say good morning” Andrew said, he decided it would take him a while to get used to becoming a translator.

“Oh, well then, good morning to you too.” Aalina greeted them.

“Ditto.” Andrew said and began to cut some meat of what was left from yesterdays Stantler for the two dragons. He set the meat down in front of them and they hungrily began to eat. Andrew then began to put some eggs on a small plate for Aalina, then on another for himself. He sat so close to the ocean that the tide got his feet wet. He sighed. Aalina sat next to him. Aalina was about to ask him something when Andrew cut her off.

“Before you say anything, do not, I repeat, do not ask how I got my ability. There is only one other who knew and that was Typhlosion, and I’m not telling anyone else.” Aalina didn’t ask her question after that. “That’s what I thought.” Andrew sighed.

Andrew got up after he finished eating, and woke up Luni, Umbreon and Orin.

“Ok, you have your options come with us or stay here and start a new life on the beach.” Andrew said to Orin and Aalina after. “We are leaving today so make your choice, choose wisely.” Orin looked at his daughter.

“What should we do?” he asked her.

“I’m thinking we go with them, but you’re my father, it’s your choice.” She said.

“Ok then, we’ll go with you.” Orin said reluctantly, he would have much rather stayed on the beach but he also thought that it would be much safer with Andrew and his companions.

“In that case, gather your belongings and put them in here. Keep your sword at your side at all times, never put it in your bag or anywhere else for that matter.” Andrew said and tossed them each a sack.

“What about our Rapidash?” Aalina asked sadly.

“We will sell them in a near village, I cannot carry them, and I don’t think it will be easy for them to hold onto my back, hooves and all that.” Andrew said.

“But they can run along on the ground, cant they?” Orin asked, praying that that was a possibility. He had known his Rapidash since he was a boy and it was a Ponyta.

“I’m afraid not, we will be flying faster than they can run, in two days time, they would be a week’s ride away.” Andrew finished the conversation at that. Aalina and Orin trudged to where the horse like pokemon had been tied up. The two pokemon hadn’t complained they were in a spot that had plenty of shade, sun and grass. The Rapidash whinnied as their masters untied them and led them to where the rest of the group was.

“The nearest village is over that way.” Latias thought to all them and began to fly along the beach at a walking pace. Andrew walked over to the red and white dragon.

“I didn’t see anything, did you see it as we flew in?” the boy asked her.

<no, but last night I started to sense that there were people in this direction.” She said, seemingly confused by her own knowledge of the previously non existent town or village. The group walked for another two hours when they finally came to the point of which latias had sensed the people. What they came to completely surprised them they were at the outskirts of a large city. The walls surrounding it were made of gold and they were standing at the base of a very large gate with two heavily armed and armored guards on each side. Latios and Latias’ images flickered and they were no longer visible, Luni had flown the whole way and decided it would be better to stay in the air and out of sight. The guards had not seen any of them so they didn’t know that they were even there.

“What is your business here?” one of the guards asked, his voice seemed blank, programmed, dead.

“We have come to sell these Rapidash” Orin told them and motioned to the two pokemon. The guard nodded and motioned to someone at the top of the wall. The man began to crank a wheel and the large gates began to open.

“Go strait back and turn on the third left.” One of the other guards said in the same tone as the first.

“Thank you.” Orin said and the group rushed past the now fully open gates.

<Those guards were strange.> Umbreon said and gave a fake shiver.

“Yes, they seemed, dead or fake.” Latias thought to all of them. Luni was still up in the air.

“Tell Luni to hide in the woods.” Andrew whispered to Latias who obeyed using her telepathy. Luni dove out of the sky and into the thick forest below.

“Well here we go.” Andrew said and as the group turned they saw a bustling marketplace. Latios and Latias flew up so that they would not be hit by the people. Andrew picked up Umbreon so the small black pokemon wouldn’t be stepped on.

<Thank you.> he said, and curled up in the boys arms.

They made their way to a man who was standing by a small stable who seemed to be buying and selling Rapidash, Ponyta and Miltank.

“How may I help you?” the man asked in the same dull tone as the guards.

“Yes, we would like to sell these Rapidash.” Orin said reluctantly.

“Something isn’t right here…” Latios thought to Andrew.

“Yes, I know.” Andrew thought back to the dragon. Orin had been making a deal with the man and now took some gold from him and gave the reins to the man. The two Rapidash whinnied unhappily at the man.

“I’m sorry.” Orin said and gave his pokemon one last pat on the neck and left. The rest of the group followed. Once they were out of the city, Orin spoke again.

“There was something seriously wrong with the people in that city.” He said. Everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

“We’re nodding our heads” Latias said since both she and Latios were still invisible. The rest of the group laughed half-heartedly.

“How much did we get for the Rapidash?” Andrew asked.

“The man said that Rapidash were rare in the area, and that the few he had were from other regions. Because of this he gave me 100 gold shints.” Orin said remorse in his voice.

“100 shints! We’re practically rich!” Aalina said excitedly. Andrew just looked worried. He looked back at the city to see nothing there.

“Oh no.” Andrew whispered.

<What is it?> Umbreon asked and followed the boys gaze. Now all of them turned to see instead of the strange city, an army. It consisted of both pokemon and men and it was slowly approaching them. Andrew jumped into the ocean and there was a blue tinted flash of light. In Andrews place was a Kyogre.

<Get on!> he roared to all of them. Orin and Aalina didn’t understand but when they saw Umbreon jump onto its back they followed suit. Luni came out of the woods and she, latios and latias also dived into the ocean. When every one was ready they shot off through the water. They thought the army wouldn’t be able to follow them but when Orin looked back he saw otherwise.

“They’re on Wailord!” the man shouted when he saw large groups of men, all armed with bows and arrows on the backs of extremely large black and silver whale pokemon. They were larger than Andrew, but much slower. After a few minutes of riding, the attackers were far behind. Luni, Latios and Latias stuck their heads up out of the water.

<What was that?> Latias asked, she was breathing hard from the quick escape.

<I don’t know but they are definitely trying to kill us, more likely Me.> Andrew said, he didn’t seem tired though.

“Why aren’t you and Luni breathing as hard as Latios and Latias?” Aalina asked after every one had more or less calmed down. Andrew answered in her head.

“They can breathe under water, but they weren’t created for being under water for extremely long periods of time." He said “Luni and I on the other hand were created for life under water, she is known as the guardian of the sea, but I don’t really have a nickname.” Andrew continued.

“Whoa, wait hold on, you said ‘Luni and I’” Orin stopped him. “You mean you were made for being under water, this is your real form?” Andrew nodded his big blue head. Orin and Aalina just stared at him, looking half scared and half excited. Umbreon who was being held by Aalina jumped out of the girls arms and padded over to Andrews head.

<Why did we stop?> the black pokemon asked. Andrew thought about this.

<Latias, do you sense any one coming?> Andrew asked the red and white dragon. She floated out of the water and closed her eyes.

<No, no one is coming, there isn’t even any living thing around us.> Latias said and opened her eyes.

<Nothing?> Andrew confirmed. <If I had an eyebrow I would raise It.> all of the pokemon laughed but Orin and Aalina were very confused.

“Ok, where are we going to sleep tonight?” Orin asked, hoping to get something he would understand out of Andrew.

“Well, you, Aalina, Umbreon, Latios and Latias will sleep on my back.” Andrew thought to them. All of them seemed skeptical about this. “Do not worry, I will not sink.” That night all them slept restlessly, Andrew the worst of all, he had another nightmare.
----------

for those of you wondering, a shint is the form of currency.
Old Posted April 20th, 2010 (02:19 PM).
Krystallyn
☼ ♥You make me smile♥ ☼

Wow. Sweet chapter. I'm interested in finding out how the army was able to disappear so quickly. Alright. I'm waiting.

Oh, you make me smile☼

C. S. Lewis
Old Posted April 23rd, 2010 (04:42 AM).
zapdos926

I can't post any chapters for a week. Grounded from computer for sleeping on a school day (posting from iPod)
Old Posted April 23rd, 2010 (02:32 PM).
Krystallyn
☼ ♥You make me smile♥ ☼

Haha. I'm so proud... Alright. I'll wait.

Oh, you make me smile☼

C. S. Lewis
Old Posted April 24th, 2010 (07:42 AM). Edited April 24th, 2010 by zapdos926.
zapdos926

i am a bad boy... my parents and siblings are at walmart, so i'm o the comuter right now. the worst thing is, I dont feel gulty! D:

well here is th next chapter...
--------------
CH.8

Andrew had learned not to toss in his sleep, but this was the worst nightmare he had ever had before. This one started out nicely, he was lying in the middle of a field, flowers were surrounding him, and Latios and Latias were on either side of him sleeping peacefully. He suddenly heard booming in the dram and looked up. There were dark storm clouds in the sky above the field. A dark shadow crept closer to him and his friends. The shadow was pitch black, no light penetrated the darkness, and the flowers were dieing as the shadow came closer. He tried to wake up Latios and Latias, but they wouldn’t move. Then two axes came flying out of the shadow, each one pitch black. Each hit one of the dragons who opened their eyes briefly in pain, but then closed them, blood coming out their backs. A shapeless form came out of the darkness, it was holding two battle axes, the form slowly approached Andrew, and he tried to draw his sword, but found he was paralyzed. The shape stepped right up to him and swung the axes, aiming for Andrew’s chest.

Andrew woke up breathing hard, every one was off his back, Orin and Umbreon on Latios’ back, and Aalina on Latias. They all looked at him worriedly.

<Are you ok?> Latias asked.

<Yes, it was just a night mare.> Andrew replied. He looked at Aalina and Orin, they both looked terrified.

“What happened?” Orin asked, his voice shaky.

“It was just a night mare, that’s all.” Andrew thought to the man. He seemed to relax a bit.

“So you weren’t dieing, or trying to drown us?” Aalina confirmed.

“No, of course not.” Andrew laughed weakly and looked at the sky. Dawn was approaching.

“Well, I don’t think any of us will be sleeping anymore, you can get on back again and this time you won’t have to worry about sinking at all.” Andrew disappeared in a flash of light and the long green dragon, Rayquaza was there, half submerged in the water.

“Hop on.” He though to Orin and Aalina. “Latias go get Luni.” He said and she dived to the bottom of the ocean, where Luni slept. When everyone was ready, they all took off. Latios and Latias were extremely happy to be out of the water and into the air again so was Luni, but Andrew looked longingly at the clear blue ocean. When they reached a small island, Andrew immediately began to pre pare a small camp and then walked into the forest to scout around, everyone except Luni followed him into the woods, since she volunteered to watch over everything.
------------
After many hours of walking, Andrew found that the island was bigger than it looked. He turned into Rayquaza and flew up to check his surroundings. He couldn’t see ocean in any direction, which he thought was strange. He saw another small clearing in the distance with smoke coming from it. He flew back down and told everyone.

“But how?” Latias asked curiously. “We couldn’t have gone that far from the ocean.”

“And what about this smoke?” Orin said thoughtfully. “There must be something, or someone else living here.”

<Agreed, who votes we just fly back to camp and not risk getting killed.> Umbreon said, which Andrew then translated. Orin raised his hand an Umbreon raised a paw.

“I think I’m up for a little adventure, a real one.” Aalina said. “Sorry father but it seemed you have been out voted.”

<I hate democracy.> Umbreon muttered as they began to walk through the forest to the clearing that Andrew had seen. Andrew found a large branch which he quickly lit in. He lit two more and gave one to Aalina and one to Orin.

“Do not let any shadow from anything other than ourselves touch you.” Andrew warned them, it was time he became more cautious now that the real evil had arisen. Andrew quickly took up the rear. The flames from the makeshift torches danced in the now waning light. Andrew looked up and saw that the sun was very low in the sky.

“We shall camp here for the night, and let us pray that Luni knows how to find her own dinner” Andrew said and began to make a ring of fire around the group so that no shadow could touch them. The nights were still cool and the fire felt good. Andrew pulled some blankets and bread from his bag and they all settled down.

“Sorry about the minimal amount of food.” Andrew said apologetically as he gave a loaf of bread to each his companions. They all just nodded, thankful that he had brought anything for the hike that was supposed to only be an hour. “I will be first watch” Andrew said and sat down. He watched as his friends fell asleep and then stared at the dark shape moving in the woods.

“I will get you.” it whispered, its voice crackly and full of hate.

“If I had bronze shint for every time I heard that.” Andrew mused and watched the dark shape stalk off into the night. Darkness was starting to become a very dangerous place Andrew thought and fed the fire some more branches.
- - - - - - - - - - -
The next morning Latias woke Andrew up. When he opened his eyes he saw that she was the only one awake. She looked scared.

“What’s wrong?” he asked with a yawn.

<I just had a dream.> She said shakily.

“What about?” Andrew sat up.

<A field, flowers. Then there was a shadow, axes. Then there was a dark shape. It attacked you.> Latias looked like she might cry. Andrew walked over to her and held her tightly.

“I had the same dream when we were out on the ocean.” He said calmly. Latias lay her head on his shoulder and they just stayed like that for what seemed like forever to Andrew. Latias finally lifted her head from the boys shoulder.

<Thank you.> she whispered.

“For what?”

<For listening.> she said. Andrew thought about this.

“Your welcome.” He said after a few minutes. Andrew woke up the rest of the group. After another small meal of bread they set of again.
----------
They finally reached the clearing that Andrew had seen yesterday. There was a small fire pit in the middle that still had hot coals in it.

“There are many beings here.” Latios thought to everyone.

“Prepare for a fight.” Andrew said and drew his sword. Aalina and Orin followed suit. A large group of assorted black and silver pokemon walked out of the trees. The lead one was a Gallade.
“Why are you here?” it asked.
Old Posted May 1st, 2010 (07:53 AM).
zapdos926

hmmm... no posts. Again... oh well, here is ch.9
----------
CH.9

“Wait, did that Gallade just speak?” Orin asked, confused. Andrew looked confused as well.

“Yes, what are you doing here? This is my territory.” the Gallade repeated.

“We were exploring and I saw a clearing with smoke coming from it.” Andrew answered. The Gallade thought about this.

“You are just explorers you say?” the pokemon confirmed.

“Um, kind of, but why are you not attacking us, your master is the evil is it not?” Andrew asked cautiously.

“No, that beast is not our master, we are the rogues.” The Gallade said. “I have the feeling you are the one with the ability to change shape. The one we were created to hunt and kill?” Andrew just nodded his head doubtfully.

“Yes. So that means I am not your enemy?” Andrew said and lowered his guard ever so slightly.

“Yes, you are not our enemy, we would actually be glad to fight with you.” The pokemon said and all his companions nodded. “We are different than the ones who attacked you. Some of us have different abilities, but because of this, we have lost something that we normally should have.” The pokemon continued.

<And your ability is to speak?> Umbreon asked thoughtfully. The Gallade nodded his head.

“I cannot walk easily though.” The Gallade said. “I have a bad leg, so I walk stiffly.”

“So you would help us fight?” Andrew confirmed and sheathed his sword. The Gallade nodded.

“Wait! you’re actually going to trust him?” Latias thought to Andrew shock in her voice.

“Yes it would be nice to have a larger group to fight.” Andrew thought back.

“We are the accidents that the evil made. Some of us are deserters; some of us were kicked out because of our, imperfections.” The Gallade said sadly.

<Do you have a name?> Latios asked curiously.

“Yes, I am Tybalt.” The Gallade answered.

“Well hello Tybalt, I am Andrew. This is Latios, Latias, Umbreon, Aalina, and Orin.” The boy said and motioned to all of them accordingly.

“Salutations.” Tybalt said. “This is my mate, Thea.” He motioned to silver Gardevoir.

“Would you happen to know where the beach is?” Aalina asked. Thea answered.

<yes, it is far south, about a three days walk.” The Gardevoir said. <But I’m assuming that you will all fly.> Aalina looked confused.

“Ok thank you, yes, and all of you are welcome to come with us, how many are in your group?” Andrew asked, Latias looked at him worriedly.

“This is not a good idea” she thought to him. Andrew ignored her.

“This is it.” Tybalt said and motioned to the 20 pokemon surrounding him. Andrew nodded and in a flash of light, a Rayquaza was there.

<how many of you can fly?> he asked.

“There are about 5 Dragonite in our group; each can carry two of us. You will only need to carry 10 of us and your friends.” The black pokemon replied.

<Well then hop on to who ever you are riding.> Andrew said. Some pokemon got onto the Dragonite there and some got on Andrew behind Aalina and Orin. Umbreon jumped onto Latios’ back and they all flew towards the beach. Within two hours they were there. Andrew landed in the campsite and the others followed suit. Once everyone had gotten off Andrew immediately turned back into a human, and surveyed the group who he had brought with him. He noticed that there were about six Ninetails, four Aron, two Eevee, and a Chancy along with the Dragonite, Tybalt and Thea. He raised his guard a bit at what he saw and looked for Luni; she didn’t seem to be at camp. He walked into the ocean and turned into Kyogre, hoping that she was looking for food. He found her at the bottom of the ocean sleeping and woke her up.

<Good morning.> she said drowsily.

<Morning, its mid afternoon!> Andrew laughed.

<You’re acting like it’s my fault you can’t tell the difference between day and night at the bottom of the ocean.> Luni said sarcastically and began to swim toward the surface.

<Before you swim all the way up, do not, I repeat do NOT, start attacking anyone or anything.> Andrew warned her and they reached the surface. Luni’s expression was one of pure shock. She just stared at all the pokemon on the beach. They were all black and silver. She looked around for everyone else. She saw Orin talking with a Gallade, and Aalina was holding an Eevee. Latios and Latias were speaking with a Dragonite an Umbreon was on Latios’ back. Luni swam towards the shore cautiously.

<They are not enemies; they said that they would help us fight the evil. They are outcasts that the evil created.> Andrew said calmly and turned back into his human form. Luni seemed to relax a bit and walked onto the sand. Andrew went over to the Gallade Orin was talking to.

“Sorry I disappeared like that. I had to fetch the last member of the group. Luni, this is Tybalt. Tybalt, Luni.”

“Hello” Tybalt greeted the young Lugia. She looked even more surprised than when she had first seen all the pokemon.

<You-you can speak?!> She stuttered.

“And you can’t.” Tybalt said sarcastically.

<Be nice.> a Gardevoir said as she came up behind tybalt. <Hello, I am Thea.> she introduced herself. Luni nodded.

<hello.> she said blankly. Andrew looked up at the sky. The clouds had begun to turn orange and pink as the sun set.

“It’s a good thing I’m good at building tents.” Andrew muttered to himself and within the next two hours had built enough tents for everyone. The sun had completely set and the moon was reflecting off the ocean.

“I will be first watch.” Andrew said and sat down facing the woods. Instead of entering her tent, Latias floated next to Andrew and lay down, her head on his lap and fell asleep there. Tybalt sat next to Andrew.

“You’re not human are you?” he asked Andrew. The boy was silent for a moment.

“No.” he said. Tybalt decided to this probably wasn’t a good subject, Andrew seemed like he didn’t enjoy talking about it.

“It’s hard to gain her trust isn’t it?” he said and motioned to Latias.

“Yes, I have broken her trust in me once before, and she finds it very hard to trust others now.” Andrew replied sadly. “You should get some sleep, I have a feeling tomorrow will be a long day.” Tybalt nodded his head and left. Andrew looked at the dark shape in the woods.

“All of you will die!” it screeched. Andrew flinched at the sound of the voice. He was surprised Latias didn’t wake up.

“You know, I have heard that from everyone who has ever tried to kill me, but they were always the ones who ended up being killed.” Andrew said and the shadow fled into the night. Latias stirred on his lap. “I won’t let anyone hurt any of you” he muttered once the shape dissapeared completely.
Old Posted May 1st, 2010 (04:20 PM).
Krystallyn
☼ ♥You make me smile♥ ☼

Good chapter. I'm so proud of you big brother. <3

Oh, you make me smile☼

C. S. Lewis
Old Posted May 1st, 2010 (05:19 PM). Edited May 1st, 2010 by zapdos926.
zapdos926

Big brother?! I thought I was younger... You're confusing me.

I'll be posting another and possibly writing another chapter tomorrow.
Old Posted May 6th, 2010 (01:06 PM).
Krystallyn
☼ ♥You make me smile♥ ☼

Hmm... Good point. My bad. :D

Oh, you make me smile☼

C. S. Lewis
Old Posted May 6th, 2010 (03:19 PM). Edited May 14th, 2010 by zapdos926.
zapdos926

i know i didnt follow up with my last pst, i was grounde from comuter again in th middle o tping anopther chapter. but here is the next chapter...
--------------
CH.10

In the morning Latios woke Andrew up. He was still sitting with latias on his lap, but he had fallen asleep and his head was bent over, one hand on Latias’s neck.
<Wake up sleeping beauty.> Latios said and gently shook Andrew’s shoulder. Andrew looked up startled.

“I fell asleep during my watch.” He yawned and gently roused Latias.

<Good morning.> she stretched and floated up. Latias looked around. <Nobody has slit anybody else’s throats.> Andrew got up and woke everyone else up. When everyone was awake and had eaten Andrew pulled Tybalt aside.

“Do you have any clue as to where we can find the evil?” the boy asked. Tybalt looked as if he was deep in thought.

“Yes, when we are created, we are in the middle of a large black cave. We all have built in homing systems you could say. We can find that desolate place where ever we are in the world.” The black Gallade said thoughtfully.

“Well you’re going to need to lead us there.” Andrew sighed. Tybalt nodded his head. Andrew looked over the ocean he saw dark clouds in the distance. Thunder rolled but there was no lightning. Latias came up behind him.

“It’s the cloud from my dream.” She said fearfully. Andrew looked at her. She was absolutely terrified.

“Its ok, no one is going to hurt you.” Andrew tried to comfort Latias. Everyone on the beach was silent as they watched the huge shadow come towards them. The silence was broken when tybalt called out.

“Jogun!” he barked and a black and silver Ninetails came out of the group, its red eyes showed fear. “We must prepare to move quickly. Get everyone ready!”
<yes, Tybalt.> it said and started to herd the others over to the Dragonite. Andrew disappeared in a flash of light and Rayquaza was there once more and a group of pokemon crawled onto his back, followed by Orin and Aalina. They took off in the opposite direction of the cloud. Luni, Latios and Latias flanked Andrew on either side of his head and the Dragonite flew in front of him in formation. The black shadow began to move faster. Latias looked back.

<Its getting closer!> she called to Andrew who nodded to show he heard and began to fly faster. He came up on the Dragonite who also began to fly faster. They soon left the cloud far behind. It eventually became only a black speck in the distance and then disappeared completely.

The group landed and Andrew became human again. “Are there any black smiths among your group?” Andrew asked tybalt after everyone had been organized again.

“Yes, we have one. She is very skilled.”

“I would like to see him.”

“Very well, come with me.” Tybalt said and led Andrew to a middle aged Aron.

“He can work with tools?” Andrew asked, shocked that the little pokemon could be a black smith.

“She, actually. And yes, I don’t know how she does it but she does.” Tybalt sighed, for he too had no idea.

“Does she have a name?” Andrew asked.

“Yes her name is Adelaide.” Andrew walked over to the little pokemon and squatted so he was at her level.
“Hello.”

<Don’t bother me I’m working.> she sounded frustrated. Adelaide picked up a hammer in her mouth and pounded a piece of metal into a dome shape. She then tackled it and it came to look slightly like a dogs head. She bit holes in the top and side. Andrew watched curiously as she hammered it a bit more and called Jogun the Ninetails over. He lay down next to Adelaide and she ever so gently picked up the sheet of metal and placed it on Jogun’s head. It fit perfectly over the mop of fur on his head and seemed to be part of him once it was on.

<It fits perfectly!> Jogun exclaimed.

<Finally.> Adelaide sighed as if a great weight had been lifted off her shoulders and then took the helmet off Jogun’s head. <Now, what do you want?> she asked Andrew tiredly.

“I heard you were a black smith, and that was very good work you did on that helm.” Andrew replied.

<You can understand me?> Adelaide said curiously.

“Yes, but besides that, you seem to be a good black smith. We are going to need lots of weapons and armor.”

<well, you’ve come to the right Aron. Now, what kind of weapons and armor and who for?>
- - - - - - - - - - -
Lucas walked up to the pit. “The false shadow you sent worked, they left the beach.” He said into the pit. Now instead of a rumble, a horrible deep voice came from the depths of the pit.

“Good, are the sacrifices ready? I would like to lead the army to the beach myself.” The voice said.

“Yes my lord. They are right here.” Lucas replied and a black and silver Tyranitar, Salamence and Mightyena came from the shadows. A dark shadow crawled out of the pit and the pokemon seemed to fall dead. Then there was a blinding flash of purple and all the pokemon seemed to be combined. It had a Tyranitar’s body and head, a Salamence’s tail and wings, and a Mightyena’s muzzle and its fur pattern was in the skin of the beast.

“How do I look?” asked the voice.

“You look absolutely terrifying, my lord.” Lucas said shakily. The beast walked out of the cave where the army was waiting. Lucas called his own Salamence and rode it out next to his king. The army was assembling and preparing to board the Dragonite transports. There were so many men and pokemon Lucas couldn’t count all of them and could only make a rough guess.

“There are more than ten thousand soldiers here.” The voice answered Lucas’s thoughts which unnerved the man. “Do not fear me.” The voice cackled evilly. “This will be the world’s most grand attack that has ever been known.”

“What if he somehow gets an army?” Lucas asked. He didn’t know if his master had thought about this.

“Oh, we will have enough, we will have enough.”

“Yes my lord, of course.”

“Do you doubt my abilities?” the creature asked.

“No, no of course not my lord, but if he somehow joins forces with the king…” Lucas stopped cold when he saw the icy look from the beast.

“I will kill the king himself if I must, but preferably, I would like him to join us as well.” Lucas muttered something about that never happening and the creature gave Lucas another cold stare.

“Sorry, my lord.” Lucas said and took off on his Salamence, right behind the dark beast.
- - - - - - - - - - -
“That cloud was fake.” Andrew muttered to himself.

<What do you mean?> Luni asked as she came up behind him.

“That was just a decoy, it disappeared, the real one will arrive soon.” Luni nodded, she had noticed the same thing. The group had been there for almost three days and there had been no sight of the “death cloud” as everyone had begun to call it. Aalina walked up next to Luni.
“Nothing out there. Absolutely nothing is out there.” She whispered to herself. Now Andrew nodded. “By the way, Adelaide wants you. She said she was done with the armor for Latios and Latias.” Andrew looked confused.

“How did you-“

“Tybalt translated.” Aalina said and wandered off. Andrew walked over to where the little pokemon was standing. He looked down and saw two sets of armor. Each had a helmet, a body plate and wing plates and a neck piece made of many sheets for easy movement.

“Latios, Latias come here.” Andrew called to the two dragons. They came over and saw the armor.

<For us?> Latias confirmed and picked up a helmet that had a pentagon on it.

<Yes, hope it fits.> Adelaide said and looked at the dragons expectantly.

“Here, let me help you with that.” Andrew said and helped latias with the helmet and then the rest of the armor, and then Latios. They each moved their wings, necks, and heads experimentally.

<feels good, it’s easy to move and fly. It’s nice and light, but feels strong.> Latios commented. Latias nodded her agreement.
<Good.> Adelaide sighed. <Now its time to make your armor.> she looked at Andrew.

“Thank you; I will only need a chest plate.” He said and Adelaide looked at the boy curiously.

<What ever you say.> she muttered and began to dig. Within minutes she had found a metal deposit.

<How did you do that?> Latios asked, amazed that she knew exactly where to dig.

<Just because I was made from the shadows doesn’t mean I don’t have the abilities of a regular Aron. All of my kind can find metal deep in the Earth.” She said as if everyone should have known this. <Now then for you a chest plate and you also said you needed weapons, but I haven’t had any requests. Who are they for?>
“Anyone who can wield a sword. Make katana’s, that’s what I need, Katana’s.” Andrew said and Adelaide pulled a large hunk of metal out of the ground and began to work.
Old Posted May 14th, 2010 (07:25 PM).
zapdos926

WTF is wit the no commnts? i would lso apriciate of or people started ommmenting... so if you read nd lke it plz commnt. here

“So, where are we going now?” Orin asked Andrew.

“Well, it appears, that we are on the mainland, and where ever there is main land, there are villages.”

<Are you sure a village is a good idea?> Thea asked as she came up behind him. <We don’t really, um, do well with large groups of people.>

“Well you are welcome to camp on the outskirts of the village if you like but I’m going to an inn. Anyone who pleases may enter with me. We will only stay there for one night. Maybe I can also get some others to help us fight.” Andrew said and began to pack his sack. As he opened it he saw the pendant, he had completely forgotten about it, and now everything that had happened to Typhlosion and Rayquaza rushed back to him. He remembered he still had the ax that had hit his friend and pulled both the weapon and the pendant out. He looked at them and it was all he could do to keep from crying.

“I swear upon Cunamio that I will avenge you.” He whispered to himself. He put both items back in his bag and began to put the rest of his precious few items in the bag. He unsheathed his sword swung it in circles a few times. Thea and Orin stepped back, the blade was unusually sharp, and they both heard what happens if the blade so much as scratched you. Neither of them thought drowning in the air sounded like a good way to die. Andrew re-sheathed the blade when he saw the two step back. “Sorry, it just comes naturally for me to swing it.” He said and gave an innocent smile. Orin almost forgot that Andrew was over 100 years old when he did that. It was slightly unnerving.

“Well we’d better get moving if we’re going to a town.” Aalina said which nearly made Andrew attack her he was so startled.

“You know, you are scarily silent when you move. Now, what’s the rush?” Andrew said once he regained his posture.

“I’m ready to sleep on a bed again. An inn sounds nice compared to just sleeping out in the open or in a tent.” She answered simply. Andrew chuckled.

“Get used to wanting that.” Andrew said snidely. He slung his bag over his shoulder and looked at his rag tag army. Latios shimmered to visibility behind Andrew.

<Do you really think that we might find help in the next village?> the blue dragon asked in disbelief.

“Yes, and as we move from village to village hopefully more and more people will join us. Eventually we will reach the castle and the surrounding city.” Andrew replied without looking at the dragon.

<How will we know if it’s another fake city?>

“Hopefully the evil hasn’t gotten smart and the people in those places will have the dead tone.” Latios sighed and nodded doubtfully.

When everyone had finished preparations the large group moved out through the forest. Andrew was in the front with Latios and Latias on his left and Tybalt and Thea on his left.

“So, where is the nearest village? You know these woods better than I do.” Andrew said to Tybalt. He just pointed along the path they were taking.

“The nearest village isn’t to far from here. We can supply there. I have been there multiple times, bartering and such.”
- - - - - - - - - - -
Later that day the rag tag battalion reached the small town. There were high towers with guards inside of them. A make shift wooden barricade blocked the entrance were two guards stood. They both looked nervous, like something bad might happen at any moment. Andrew and Tybalt approached the first guard.

“Hello Semon.” Tybalt greeted the man. “What happened?”

“Oh, Tybalt! Thea! Hello! Who is your friend?” the man said motioning to Andrew, completely ignoring the question.

“This is Andrew.” The black Gallade said. The boy bowed

“You seem to be in some kind of trouble.” Andrew said and looked at the barricade and guard towers.

“Yes, we have suffered from quite a few attacks. We don’t know who from though. They only strike at night. We have a watch all the time now.” Semon said sadly. “It seems you have brought a, um, large group with you though. Can you help us fight?” He looked at Luni.

“Actually, I was going to ask you the same. I have a feeling I know who is attacking you.” Andrew said quietly. Semon looked around.

“Come with me. Everyone in your group is more than welcome into the village also.” The man said and led them past the barricade. The rest of the group streamed through the narrow entrance like a stream between rocks. Everyone finally entered and settled down in the town square.

“Where is your leader?” Andrew asked Semon once he had made sure everyone was comfortable.

“He’s wounded and in bed, but he’s getting better. You can probably speak with him. He’s over at the inn.” The man said and pointed at a ramshackle building, apparently damaged from a previous struggle.

“That doesn’t look like a very good place to keep the wounded…” Orin muttered and followed Andrew, Tybalt, and Semon into the building.

Along the walls were makeshift cots that had been put together hastily. They all looked like they were about to fall apart and each one had a wounded man in it and there was a cot at the far end that had two armed guards by him.

“Your leader?” Andrew confirmed. Semon nodded and Andrew walked up to the man. The guards raised their swords but with a sign from Semon they sheathed the blades.

“Hello.” Andrew greeted the man. “I have come here for assistance. I will also be able to provide assistance to you if you agree to help me.” The man just stared at Andrew.

"Hold on, that was way to fast. But you can help us?” the man said, slightly confused.

“Yes. But I will also need your help once I have assisted you.” The man swiftly agreed. He knew he needed help, and he would take it in any way shape or form, but he was curious about why a boy would need his help, and how the child would be able to help him and asked.

“How will a mere child help us?”

“A child yes, but a human child, no. I can help you in many ways. More than you can imagine, but I need you to agree to my terms first”

“You look human in every way though, except, your eyes are… yellow?” the man was shocked. Andrew sighed, muttered something about people always questioning and never just accepting and turned into a Typhlosion and back.

“Ok are you happy now?” Andrew sounded agitated.

“Um, yes, I think. Now what are your terms to helping us?” the man could tell that the boy was agitated and didn’t want to find out what happened if he got angry.

“You help us fight and give us a place to stay for the night. We will help you fight off any attacks until we leave. Then we expect some sort of troop to come with us when we do.” The man seemed to think of this.

“You must help us first. They attack us every night. All of our women and children have been kidnapped, so there is no need to worry about harming them. You are free to attack wildly if you wish, just try not to harm my men.”

“It’s a deal then.” Andrew said and shook the man’s hand. “What is your name?”

“I am Arye. And you are?”

“My name is Andrew. It has been a pleasure speaking with you.” The boy said and walked away, Orin and Tybalt close behind. Semon looked at Arye, shrugged and followed. When Andrew walked out he noticed that it was getting dark.

“The first attack will be soon.” Semon warned him.

“First?! You never said anything about multiple attacks!” Andrew exclaimed angrily. He had only expected to help with one attack. “Oh well, it can’t be helped.” Just then a loud rustling came from the woods behind them and Andrew turned around, his sword drawn. He looked around and saw quite a few men with both cross and long bows, and more with swords, all prepared for an attack. Latios, Latias, Luni, Umbreon, and everyone else were also prepared. A protective phalanx formed in the front, just as the first wave appeared. It consisted of Mightyena, Salamence, and even a few men, all pitch black, wearing armor and wielding weapons.

Latias came up behind Andrew dressed in her armor, Latios followed.

<lets see if this armor works.> Latios said and charged a Salamence, and hit it in the head so hard with his helmet that Andrew could hear the black Dragons jaw break and the beast fell to ground. Andrew walked over to it and finished it off with Cunamio. The rest of the defenders followed suit and attacked the intruders. Quite a few fell and didn’t move again, but more attackers fell. Within minutes the remaining attackers fled. Andrew helped the wounded, and went to see how Adelaide was doing on his chest plate. She finished it just as he walked up and he tried it on at her urging. It was a dark blue and was intricately etched with waves that seemed to move with the armor. Andrew had no idea how she did things like that but didn’t question it.

“Thank you.” He said to the little pokemon.

“Your welcome. Now, you need Katana’s and some armor for Luni. Which should I start with?” the little pokemon asked.

“Start with Luni’s armor. Currently I’m more worried about our welfare and protection than our offense.” Andrew said and wandered off wearing his new chest plate.

Just as he reached the rest of the defense group the second wave came. It was as quickly destroyed as the first one.

This went on, hour after hour, wave after wave, it went on. Andrew helped to care for the wounded in between the waves and eventually, the fighting stopped all together. The enemies stopped coming, and Andrew was relieved of caring for the wounded by Tybalt who called over another medic, the Chancy that Andrew had first seen when Andrew had first met Tybalt. The boy walked into the inn, found an empty cot, and took his armor off. He fell asleep the second his head hit the small pillow that had been provided. His slumber was deep and dreamless.
Old Posted June 8th, 2010 (12:14 PM). Edited June 23rd, 2010 by zapdos926.
zapdos926

This is an update, I'll add a chapter to this post later. Update: I will be re-writing every chapter of book 1 whenever I get the time and will be replacing each one here.

EDIT: ok here is chapter 12. ive been to lazy to start on rewritng book one, but i'm typing it up as soon as i post this chapter...

----------
CH. 12

Andrew knew he had slept in a lot when Luni was the one that woke him up. She had poked her head through the window above his cot and shook him gently with her nose. He was so startled that he rolled off his cot and hit his head.

“Ow, ow, ow.” He groaned as he got up.

<Sorry, I didn’t men to scare you like that. Are you okay?> Luni said. Andrew could tell that through the sincerity, she would probably burst out laughing at any second.

“Yes I’m fine. And its not that I was startled from being woken up, I was startled because you were the one who woke me up.” Andrew laughed.

<Well, its time to go, and Arye wants to see you.> she pulled her head out of the window. Andrew looked around and saw that every man in the building was looking at him. The boy turned away and wondered why Arye had told Luni to get him. The man was in the cot at the far side of the room. Andrew looked and the cot was empty. He walked out side after preparing his bag and saw Arye standing by the entrance opposite side of the one he had entered with all the men Andrew had fought with the previous night. Andrew walked up to the man.

“This is the troop you’re sending with me?! This is every living non-wounded man that you have!” Andrew exclaimed.

“Yes,” Arye said. “They have all volunteered to go with you.

“But who will stay and care for the wounded?” Andrew asked worriedly.

“Semon and I will stay here. Once enough men have healed we will follow you.” Arye explained. Andrew looked doubtful, but nodded any ways.

“I was expecting this to take an extremely long time, with everyone unprepared and not knowing whose going and whose staying. It’s nice not to have to worry about that.” Andrew said.

“Yes, all of these men are just villagers, but they have become worthy enough to be knights. They are extremely organized. You won’t have to worry about keeping them organized.” Semon said. Andrew shook hands with both men, and walked off, his rag-tag army marching behind him, and Luni in the sky providing air cover. Latios and Latias were on either side of him, and the rest of the group was formed into ranks.

Jogun was leading in the front of the group of shadow pokemon, and Tybalt and Thea were in front of the men that had just joined them. All the Ninetails were flanking the battalion and the archers were in the front, followed by the long swordsmen, the men with the two handed swords, and in the back was the phalanx unit, their shields held up and ready for an attack.
- - - - - - - - - - -
In two days they finally came to another village. This one seemed to have been burnt out, and otherwise totally destroyed, and dead bodies littered the ground. It was all but un-inhabited. Wild pokemon wandered freely through the smoldering remains of the buildings. This went on for many weeks, sometimes finding villages that hadn’t yet been attacked. Some had been but were still standing and were only barely holding their own. Some were like the destroyed village, but for every village that was inhabited; a new group of men would join them. Sometimes the entire village would come from the ones that hadn’t been attacked yet. Sometimes the town leaders didn’t believe Andrew and only those that wanted to joined the army.

By the end of the fifth week, Andrew had over 1000 men in his army, there was even a small cavalry unit led by Orin, and around 200 women and children. He trained the women how to be nurses and the children how to defend themselves with sticks and stones if they needed to. Many of the women disagreed with a child leading them, but swiftly changed their minds once Andrew showed them his ability.

One night as they camped in another destroyed village, Adelaide came up to Andrew.

<Luni’s armor is ready.> she announced.

“Good. Now its time for weapons. We will need Katana’s, long swords broad swords, maces. Any kind of weapon.” Andrew said and called Luni over. She walked over to wear Adelaide had set the armor. It resembled Latios and Latias’s just larger, and the helmet had a slightly different shape. He helped the young Lugia with the straps and stepped back when he was done. “Another work of art.” He said to Adelaide, who nodded here approval and began digging for more metal while Luni moved around experimentally.

<Wow, I don’t even feel like I’m wearing it it’s so light!> she exclaimed.

<Well try it out, tackle that tree.> Adelaide said, slightly muffled because of the metal in her mouth that she had just dragged out of the ground. Luni looked at the Aron skeptically, but rammed the tree any ways; she hit it with the top of her helmet. The tree broke in half. Luni looked up, slightly startled.

<I didn’t feel a thing! This armor is amazing!> she exclaimed happily. Adelaide wasn’t paying much attention though. She was already almost done with a long sword. Andrew was shocked that she had made it so fast.

“What? How on earth did you do that?!” Andrew said his eyes wide.

<Weapons are easy, they are much smaller than armor, and I don’t need to worry about size to much.> She explained. <I just need to make sure their not too heavy, light, or weak.> Andrew nodded in amazement.

“Even still… At this rate, we’ll have enough weapons for everyone in three days!” Adelaide yawned and lay down.

<I don’t think I’m going to make anything else today.> she muttered and lay down. The Aron instantly began to snore softly.

Andrew walked back to the center of the camp that they had made, followed by Luni. Now there were real tents that were taken from destroyed villages or were made out of rough canvas that people had brought with them. A large bon fire was in the middle and several smaller ones were scattered throughout the rest of the camp. Andrew sat down next to Tybalt
“The sounds of the night are beautiful.” The black pokemon muttered. Andrew strained to hear what the Gallade was hearing. He closed his eyes and cancelled everything out except for the sounds of the night. A Noctowl crooned in the distance. A small wind whistled through the trees. Kricketune and Kricketot chirped in the forest. Small pokemon rustled the leaves on bushes. All together the sounds were truly beautiful. He opened his eyes with a start when one of the Ninetails that was on patrol around the camp started to howl. Andrew, Tybalt and Orin rushed to see what had happened. Several soldiers were already there by the time they arrived.

“We’ve just caught an intruder.” one of them informed Andrew.

“What was it?”

“It’s a Mightyena, sir.”

“Ok thank you.” Andrew said and looked to where a small squabble seemed to be happening. Two Ninetails, one Andrew recognized as Jogun, were trying to hold down a squirming Mightyena. He approached them and as soon as he did, the black, wolf like pokemon stopped moving. The two Ninetails still held it down but spread farther apart from each other so that Andrew could get a good look at the intruder. The pokemon tried once more to escape, but with no avail.

“Don’t even think about trying to escape.” Andrew whispered to it. “Why are you here?”

<Its no business of yours.> the Mightyena answered coldly.

“Oh, yes it is. This is my camp, and I’m not going to let some pesky spy get away with anything around here.” Andrew said just as cruelly. “Now tell my why you are here.”

<I won’t tell you anything!> it replied, now sounding a bit scared. No one had defied it before. Andrew grabbed the Mightyena’s neck and held it down tightly. The Ninetails backed off, seeing that they were no longer needed and one of them went off on patrol again, but Jogun stayed behind in case he was needed again.

“Tell me why you are here.” Andrew repeated, even more cruelly than before. The black pokemon tried to escape once more, but couldn’t. It looked truly scared now. “Tell. Me. Now.” Andrew ordered but the Mightyena still didn’t say anything. Andrew picked it up by the scruff of its neck but threw it to the ground in disgust. “Put it in one of the houses. I want a guard at all exits and a Ninetails there at all times. He’ll speak when he is ready.” Andrew said to two of the guards and stormed off, leaving the soldiers to take care of the intruder. A crowd had gathered to see what had happened, but some soldiers shooed them off.

“There is nothing to see here, go about your business.” They yelled at the crowd which finally left.

Andrew went to the tent he shared with Umbreon. When he walked in he saw the little black pokemon curled up, already asleep under a soft blanket. Andrew lay down and thought about what he would do with the new prisoner. He knew that it had a strong will power, which had proven obvious during the short interrogation. But now the pokemon was scared of him, which would prove useful during further questioning. He knew though, that he had nightmares when he fell asleep angry, so he tried to think of other thing but to no avail, and he had yet another nightmare.
Old Posted June 26th, 2010 (03:55 AM).
zapdos926

im gonna be gone for three weeks, so here is a chapter for each week:
--------

CH.13

This night mare was hardly as bad as the ones Andrew had had before. This one was just more of a bad dream. He saw the evil in its new form, a terrifying combination of three pokemon. Andrew couldn’t move and the horrible creature approached, swinging two battle axes the size of large Rapidash. The creature swung the axes and Andrew thought they would hit them but they abruptly stopped right in front of him. They were still covered in blood, but not his own. Just as whatever had protected him began to appear, he woke up. Andrew looked around the tent, Umbreon had since left and he was alone. He crawled out of the tent and saw that his army had already started to take down the rest of the tents. He saw one of the few still standing buildings with a few idle guards and a Ninetails by it. He then remembered what had happened with the intruder. Andrew walked over to the building and the guards saluted as he walked up.

“At ease, you are now relieved of your duties.” Andrew told them and walked inside. The Mightyena was on the floor asleep. Andrew sat in front of it and a small breeze blew through the opened windows. It woke up the Mightyena which looked startled, like it had no clue were it was. Then it remembered.

<What do you want now?> it asked angrily.

“The same thing as last night. Why are you here?” Andrew asked.

<you answered that last night yourself. I’m just some pesky spy.> it said.

“No, there is more to it than that. Why are you really here?” Andrew asked again.

<I didn’t say who I was spying for.> it answered. Andrew looked confused.

“So you’re not spying for the darkness?” Andrew asked skeptically.

<Of course not!> the Mightyena looked shocked that Andrew would even think of such a thing.

“Then who are spying for?”

<Tybalt. I’m kind of like a double agent. I pretend I’m working with the evil, but I give them false plans and locations, but I tell Tybalt where the evil is going to strike next.> Andrew looked doubtful, and told one of the Ninetails that happened to be patrolling the area to get Tybalt. In a few minutes the Gallade arrived.

“Do you know who this Mightyena is?” Andrew asked him. The Gallade looked at the wolf like pokemon.

“No, I don’t know it at all.” Tybalt answered.

“Are you sure? It said it knows you. That it pretends to spy for the evil, but is truly spying for you.” Andrew pressed on.

“I don’t know it at all. It’s lying.” the Gallade said quietly. Andrew looked down at the Mightyena.

“I don’t take kindly to liars.” Andrew whispered coldly. He put his hand on the hilt of Cunamio, but thought better of it and just pulled out some rope. He tied it around the pokemon’s mouth and grabbed the other end of it. When Andrew left the building he saw that the rest of the camp had been packed up. He gave the rope end to a guard and had two Ninetails be escorts for the prisoner.

The army set off through the woods. The next place they would come to was most likely the capital, where Andrew would seek the help of the king.
- - - - - - - - - - -
After two weeks of walking the group still hadn’t come to the capital. They hadn’t even seen any villages, and the Mightyena was becoming restless. Andrew had left the prisoner alone for quite awhile, but approached it again, this time with Cunamio drawn. The guards that were in charge of it stepped back, curious as to what would happen. Andrew knelt down by the pokemon.

“Now, I don’t want to kill you, but I will if I need to. Please tell me the truth.” Andrew said politely. This scared the pokemon even more than anything else, Andrew noticed.

<I-I wont tell you anything.> it said shakily.

“Yes. you will.” Andrew said. “And that’s an order, not a request.” The boy looked into the Mightyena’s eyes. It looked away, but Andrew pulled its head back toward his. He put his forehead right up to its. “You will tell me. Now.” Andrew whispered so coldly that the pokemon flinched.
- - - - - - - - - - -
After a few minutes Andrew got up and walked over to where the bon fire was being prepared. Latias was helping collect logs, and Latios, Luni, and Umbreon were just wandering through the camp, making sure nothing was wrong. Orin was teaching some men how to properly fight with a lance while riding a Rapidash. Aalina was helping Latias with wood. Andrew sat down on one of the logs that was by the fire. Latias and Aalina finished with the wood and somebody lit the pile of branches. The two sat on either side of Andrew.

<What did you get out of the prisoner?> Latias asked him.

“Not much. I almost killed him. He did admit to not being one of Tybalt’s spies though.”

“Why didn’t you kill him then?” Aalina asked after figuring about what the conversation was about.

“He still might prove useful to us. He might decide to help us fight but I doubt that.” Andrew explained.

<When do you think we’ll make it to the capital?> Latias asked after a few minutes of silence.

“I’m not sure. Hopefully soon.” Andrew sighed. “I have a feeling that war is approaching.” Latias and Aalina nodded at this.

“I’m tired; I’ll be sleeping if you need me.” Aalina yawned and walked over to the tent she shared with her father, everyone else slowly left too, leaving Andrew and Latias alone by the fire. It was very dark out now, and the stars flickered brightly in the heavens. The Ninetails called to each other, giving the night an eerie feel. A warm spring breeze blew through the clearing. Andrew stared into the flames, and wished he could see images like Typhlosion. He suddenly felt a lump in his pocket, and he pulled out the pendant. He clenched it tightly. One of he Ninetails suddenly called out in pain. Andrew got up and ran to where the sound came from, Latias close behind.

Once again, guards were already there by the time Andrew reached the spot. Latios was there too. He saw Jogun lying on the ground, an arrow in his side. Andrew knelt down next to the pokemon and instantly began working on the arrow. After a few minutes of wiggling, he finally got the projectile out and checked the tip. No poison. Jogun looked at Andrew, he seemed scared.

“You’re going to be fine.” Andrew forced a smile. Jogun calmed down. “Come on.” Andrew grunted and picked the pokemon up. He carried Jogun to the bon fire and set him down next to it. He grabbed his bag and pulled out a bundle of gauze and proceeded to wrap it around the wound. When he was done he finally got Jogun to relax and fall asleep. Tybalt was standing close by.

“He’ll be ok.” Andrew told the black pokemon, who seemed to relax.

“Good, I don’t like it when a general is down.” Tybalt said.

“No, it’s more than just not liking when one of your men, or pokemon in this case, is down. You care about him quite a bit.” Andrew corrected.

“Your to smart for your age.” Tybalt laughed.

“Pfft, my age? I’m not your average ever day human. I’m not even human at all.” Andrew said and walked off.

He grabbed a blanket from inside his tent and lay down on top of it on the ground. He stared at the stars, trying to find a constellation of Typhlosion. He had heard once before that when one died, part of their spirit went to the sky and turned into a constellation. The sky was especially beautiful that night too. Only a sliver of the moon showed, and a strange but beautifully hypnotizing blue light came from over the horizon. It had been about an hour and he was about to give up and just go to sleep when Latias came up to him. She floated right above him for a second, blocking his view. Andrew looked startled.

<What are you doing?> she asked.

“Looking for a constellation. What are you doing? I thought you were asleep.” Andrew said.

<I was looking for you.>

“Why? Did you have another night mare?” Andrew asked.

<No, I just couldn’t sleep and I knew that you were the only one probably still awake.> she answered with a yawn. She looked very tired she lay down next to him and gently rested her head on Andrew’s chest. He absent mindedly stroked her head. <how did you get your-> she was cut off.

“I’m not telling anyone how I got my ability. And what about the Ninetails or the guards?” He said to her.

<I wasn’t going to ask that.> she said with a laugh. <I was going to ask how you got your human form. Did you absorb the essence of just one person that looked exactly like that? And the guards and Ninetails aren’t as interesting to talk to.>

“Oh, um, not exactly.” Andrew said, slightly embarrassed that he just jumped to conclusions like that. “It’s a combination of many essences absorbed at once.”

<oh, ok. Now what constellation are you looking for?> Latias changed the subject.
“I was looking for one of Typhlosion, but I guess there isn’t one.” Andrew said sadly.
<You don’t know that. I’ll help you look.> she said and looked into the sky. < I see it already.>

“What?! Where?” Andrew asked, shocked that she had found it so fast.

<See, right there. The flames on his back are there. There is his head, and there’s his body.> she pointed right next to where the blue light ended.

“Oh, I see it now. Thank you.” Andrew said and looked up at the constellation happily. “I guess the legend is true.” He whispered.

<What legend?> Latias asked curiously.

“The one about when you die, part of your spirit goes to the stars and becomes a constellation.” Andrew answered.

<Oh, I think of heard that before, but I’ve always wondered, where does the rest of your spirit go?>

“I don’t know. To the realm of Giratina I guess.” Andrew shrugged. He suddenly felt something digging into his back. He gently pushed Latias off his chest and sat up. He reached behind him and felt on the ground the pendant. He lay back down and held it up. Latias looked at him curiously.

<Was that there before?> she asked.

“No, it wasn’t. This happened earlier; it was in my pocket last time. I swear I put it back in my bag.” Andrew said and stared at the necklace curiously. Latias lay down again and sighed tiredly.

<So how did you get your powers any way?> she asked.

“I just told you that I wouldn’t tell you.” Andrew said and looked at her quizzically.
<I know. Does that mean I can’t ask any ways?> she asked and Andrew gave an exasperated sigh.

“I might as well tell you now. I guess I’ll tell Latios tomorrow.” Andrew said and began.

--------------
notice any trends with the amulet?
-------------

ch.14

“At the bottom of the ocean, there is a stone. The stone posses a strange but amazing power. It obviously can’t use the power because it’s a, um, a rock.” Andrew said. “It can give any who come to close to it the ability to change shape, to become something entirely different at any point in their lives. It had been sealed in a protective stone coffin for a very long time, but I found the way into it. I gained the ability.” Andrew finished. Latias stared at him in wonderment.

<What was the entrance?> she asked.

“I’ve told you enough already. We should get some sleep.” Andrew replied with a yawn and closed his eyes. Latias knew that he wasn’t asleep, but he was very good at faking it, making his breathing very light, and snoring softly. Latias lay down next to him anyways and closed her eyes too.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Andrew woke up before any one else in the camp the next morning. He walked over to where the guards in charge of the prisoner were and relieved them. He crept up in front of the sleeping pokemon and just sat there. The Mightyena’s nose twitched as it caught Andrew’s scent. It stood abruptly and tried to back away, but Andrew held its foreleg.

“Are you ready to tell me anything?” Andrew asked it.

<yes, but I need time to think how I’ll, um, say It.> it replied quietly.

“You have until tomorrow morning to figure out what you’re going to say.” Andrew said and walked away. Tybalt had been there the whole time and left as the next set of guards walked up. One of them was carrying a rope and tied it around the Mightyena’s mouth. The rest of the camp slowly awoke and began to disassemble the tents. A few children were kicking a ball and it rolled towards Andrew’s feet. He picked it up and gave it to a child that had run up to collect the ball.

“Thank you mister.” He said and ran off to continue playing with his friends. Andrew walked around the camp making sure that nothing was amiss. Latios floated to his side.

<Is the prisoner ready to talk?> he asked.

“He said yes. I gave him until tomorrow morning to think about what he’s going to say and how.” Andrew sighed. “I told Latias how I got my ability last night. Follow me, I’m going to tell you know.” He said and led the dragon into the near by woods, where he repeated the story. After a few minutes of silence, Latios spoke.

<so, just a recap, when you were young, you found a magical stone that give who ever goes to close the ability to shape shift? And it is sealed off by some regular stone tomb, and you found an entrance? And then out of pure curiosity, just plain curiosity, you entered?> Latios confirmed. Andrew nodded and Latios just shook his head in disbelief. <You know, I would have thought that you of all people would have had the common sense not enter a mysterious gap in a rock.> he sighed. <And you don’t even regret it?>

“No, I have sometimes though. But if I hadn’t gotten the ability, I wouldn’t have met some great people and pokemon, including you, Latias, Orin, Aalina…” Andrew trailed off.

<Typhlosion.> Latios finished.

“Yes, Typhlosion. And Rayquaza too.” Andrew forced a smile and he and Latios silently returned to the camp. When they arrived the camp had been completely taken down, the tents were rolled up and hung over the backs of the Rapidash. Andrew made a routine check to make sure every one and everything was there. Andrew went to the front and the group left the clearing. The army behind the women and children, and the Ninetails flanked them on all sides. Adelaide trotted up to Andrew’s side and nudged his leg.

<All the weapons are ready.> she said and led him to two Rapidash at the back of the group. They seemed to be very heavily burdened by the sacks on their backs. Blades of swords were jutting out the sides of the bags.

“How many swords did you make?” Andrew asked.

<Around 300 swords, 100 axe heads and 200 halberd heads. Someone else made the shafts and hilts.> she answered.

“Good lord…” he muttered and retuned to the front.
- - - - - - - - - - -
They had been walking for about 15 hours, when Andrew finally decided they would make camp in a large clearing. Every one instantly began unpacking and setting up tents many went right inside and fell asleep. It had been the longest they had ever walked without stopping. The sun slowly sunk below the horizon, and one by one the stars began to appear in the sky. Andrew looked up at the sky and found the constellation of Typhlosion. He noticed the mysterious blue light again and wondered what was causing it. He shook the thought from his head and visited the Mightyena again.

“You had better think of what you’re going to say tomorrow, your time is running out. Tick-tock.” Andrew said and left the guards to watch the pokemon again. Aalina approached him as he walked back towards his tent.

“How much longer until we reach the capital?” she asked tiredly.

“Only one more day. I have a feeling we’re only about a mile away.” He said with a yawn. Aalina just shrugged and went to her tent. Andrew slowly crept into his tent, where Umbreon was sitting. There was an oil lantern lit in the tent, providing a warm and inviting glow.

“Hello.” Andrew muttered and crawled under the blankets.

<Good evening.> Umbreon said and stretched.

“How has Luni been?” Andrew asked. “I haven’t seen her much lately.”

<She’s fine, still sleeping in for quite along time, and just being generally lazy.> Umbreon answered.

“So nothing out of the ordinary.” Andrew said with a laugh. He stared at the roof of the tent and saw a faint blue glow. “Do you know what that blue light in the sky is?” he asked. Umbreon looked up too.

<yes, I think so. When I was an Eevee, I heard of a legend about a mysterious blue glow in the sky.> the black pokemon said. Andrew looked at him curiously. <it’s not a good legend though if I remember correctly.” He cleared his throat. “‘A blue light will appear in the sky when a great evil is near. Although it may be beautiful, do not stare at it for to long, for if you do, you will become a being of great terror.’” Umbreon quoted, and looked at Andrew.

“Well I hope that legend isn’t true.” Andrew laughed weakly and lay his head down on the pillow and closed his eyes.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Tybalt stealthily crept past the guards watching over the Mightyena. He stepped up to the pokemon’s sleeping form.

“You weren’t lying when you said you would tell the boy everything.” The Gallade whispered and grabbed the wolf-like pokemon’s throat.
------------

CH.15

Andrew woke up to hear a large commotion outside. Umbreon was waiting by the tent opening for him. Andrew saw that almost everyone in camp was over where the prisoner was kept.

“What’s happening?” Andrew asked Umbreon as they began to walk towards the crowd.

<The prisoner was killed last night.> Umbreon said. Andrew looked utterly shocked.

“Were there any blade wounds, bite marks, anything?” Andrew asked.

<that’s the weird thing. It was just lying there, not breathing. One of the guards found it like that when he was giving him breakfast.> the black pokemon said and Andrew pushed his way through the crowd that had gathered. He finally made his way to the center, where two guards, Latios, Latias, and Luni were.

“Sir,” the guards said when they saw Andrew approach.

“At ease.” Andrew said. He disappeared in a flash of light and a cat-like pokemon, a Luxray was there. Its eyes glowed red and Andrew seemed to scan the Mightyena’s body. He stopped when he reached the throat and looked intently at it. Andrew was back in his human form again in another flash of light. “He was strangled to death.” Andrew muttered. “Did either of you see who did it, or did one of you do it?” the boy said to the guards. They each looked at each other, as if trying to figure it out.

“No, we were standing guard the whole time, neither of us moved.” One of the guards said. Andrew nodded and scanned the crowd. He saw tybalt slowly creeping away, he looked nervous.

“Guards! Get Tybalt!” Andrew shouted and three armed men were quickly behind the Gallade. Tybalt tried to stab one with his sharp elbows, but he didn’t even manage to dent the armor. Two of the guards grabbed Tybalt’s arms, and the third had his sword ready.

“You killed the prisoner.” Andrew said.

“He was going to tell you the truth, I couldn’t let that happen.” Tybalt said and spat at Andrew’s feet.

“So, you are the real spy. We all trusted you. We believed you when you said what you did.” Andrew said and turned to the rest of the shadow pokemon. “Who else knew of this?” the boy asked. None of the black and silver pokemon spoke, but Jogun went up to Tybalt.

“Jogun, if you are wise, you will know who to join.” Tybalt said

<I trusted you, we all did. You helped us in our times of need, but it was all just trickery. We actually are outcasts. You are just a fool. And I do know who to join.> the Ninetails said angrily and went to Andrews side.

“Tie him to a stake!” Andrew barked, and two guards came up with a large wooden pole which they stuck into the ground. The guards that were holding tybalt quickly tied him to the stake with the rope that had been around the prisoner’s mouth. “If we were in the court of a king, you would have been hung, or starved to death in a dungeon. This is hardly the punishment you would have received.” Andrew said and turned into his Typhlosion form. Everybody backed away, they knew what was about to happen.

<Any last words?> Andrew asked and flames began to shoot out of his back.

“The day of reckoning will soon be here. Within a weeks time the world will be engulfed in darkness. Not even you, young king of the sea, will be able to stop it.” Tybalt answered and spat at Andrew’s feet again.

<May Giratina and Darkrai have mercy on your soul.> Thea looked away as a jet of flame emerged from Andrew's mouth and hit her mate. Tybalt immediately was ablaze and his cries of pain could be heard throughout the forest. Within 20 seconds, there was nothing left except for ash and dust. Andrew turned back into a human and put the remains in a small sack and whispered to himself.

“The first death of a war.” He said. “No need to pack up the tents, I think we’re going to be staying here for another night.” The boy said to one of the nearby guards, who then issued the order to everyone else. Thea approached Andrew.

<May I have his ashes?> she asked, complete sadness in her voice. Andrew nodded and gave her the sack.

“I’m sorry. All of us would have died if I had not done what I had done. He wouldn’t hesitate to kill all of us, including you.” Andrew said a note of sadness in his voice too. Thea held the sack to her chest for a moment, but then just tossed it into the woods. She just stood there for a moment, but then walked off. Andrew watched the silver Gardevoir leave, and then went to find Luni, who had left before Tybalt’s execution. He hadn’t spoken to her in a while.

Andrew finally found her at the outskirts of the camp, speaking with Umbreon.

“Hello.” Andrew announced himself. Luni turned towards the boy.

<hello.> she said sadly. <what happened? I-I couldn’t watch.> she looked down.

“Tybalt was burnt at the stake.” Was Andrew’s reply. “Its fine, you needn’t be ashamed. I didn’t like doing it. I trusted him as much as most of us, but he betrayed us. We all would have been killed if I hadn’t done it.” He patted Luni’s head. “So how have you been recently? I haven’t spoken to you in a while.”

<Oh, I’m pretty sure that Umbreon told you I was just being lazy, which I have been, but, well, yea I’ve just been lazy.> she said all of them laughed half-heartedly.

<Too bad we can’t have a sand fight again to lighten the mood.> latios said as he approached them. Andrew, Umbreon and Luni all nodded their agreement. <It seems like that had happened only two days ago, yet it was little more than a month ago.> Latios sighed, remembering the moment in which he had thrown sand at Latias’s face. Andrew looked like he remembered doing the same to Latios, which had started the whole thing. He shook himself back to the present.

“Tomorrow, we go to the capital. We will request the help of the king, I hope he doesn’t refuse.” Andrew said.

<And if he does?> Umbreon questioned.

“Then we’ll have to fight the evil with our army.” Andrew said.

<he’s kidding? Right? > Umbreon said and looked at everyone else. They stared at him in return. <oh, Arceus. He isn’t kidding.> the black pokemon sighed.
- - - - - - - - - - -
The day went on pretty normally after all that. The women cooked and the men practiced fighting. Orin had set up a riding course for the cavalry and was getting them to ride through it. Later though, Arye, Semon and the rest of the men that had before been wounded arrived at the camp. Andrew greeted them happily. Arye surveyed the camp.

“You have quite an army here.” The man said he scanned the crowd of people that had gathered to greet the re-enforcements. “Where is tybalt?” Arye asked, confused that the Gallade hadn’t been the first to greet them. Andrew looked at his boots.

“dead.” He muttered.

“Did you say dead? I don’t think I heard you correctly.” Semon said.

“No, you heard me fine, he’s dead.” Andrew said, a bit more angrily.

“Who did it? I will kill who ever has killed him.” Semon said madly.

“I did. He betrayed us. He was working with the evil. He told us other wise, but he killed our prisoner. He told us that darkness alone would survive.” Andrew answered, still staring at the ground. Arye and Semon looked at him shocked.

“But he, I, me, us?!” Semon stuttered.

“What about Thea? How did she take it?” Arye asked, getting strait to the point.

“She took it surprisingly well, he was burnt at the stake, and she was the one who threw the sack with his ashes into the forest.” Andrew said. Darkness had now fallen. He looked into the sky; the blue light was no longer there. “Tomorrow, we finish walking to the King’s palace. We will then request his help. Until then, you should probably get some sleep. You have had a long hike. I’ll get some extra tents set up for you and your men” Andrew said and looked at Semon, who was still just murmuring non-sense. After all arrangements were made for more tents, everyone went to bed. Andrew looked up at the constellation of Typhlosion one last time before he entered his tent. The rings on Umbreon’s body were giving off a pale, but calming yellow light. Andrew quickly fell asleep, he had another night mare. It was just one image though: a strange combination of three pokemon, roaring to an army, with a pitch black storm cloud hovering above it.

Old Posted July 30th, 2010 (05:56 PM).
zapdos926

well, it maakes me qute sad tat nobody has posted anything... :'( stil... anyway here is chapter 16
-----------

A messenger approached the throne room. “My lord, we have just gotten a report of what seems to be a small army approaching the city.” The man said respectfully. The king looked a bit nervous; he had never experienced an attack on the city before and was better at offense than defense.

“Do they look like they are going to attack?” the king asked.

“No, they are approaching slowly, and there have also been reports of women and children in their midst.” The messenger replied.

“Ready the defenses any ways. If they show any sign of threat, give the order to attack.” The king said, a bit more reassured from what the man had said. The messenger turned back just as he reached the large doors that lead to the throne room.

“One more thing,” he said “their leader seems to be a young boy.” And with that the man exited to give the orders. The king looked confused, but still wasn’t going to let his guard down, both literally and metaphorically.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Andrew saw the force that was gathering before any one else did. His army marched slowly behind him, ready for anything. They had become completely loyal to Andrew and would not hesitate to attack if they were asked to. This scared Andrew a little, but also reassured him with the fact that he would always be with a group of people he could rely on. Even with the slow march, the army reached the front of the city within minutes. The guards raised their swords, crossbows and lances, prepared for an attack of any kind. Andrew respectfully approached a guard that had armor trimmed with gold, he seemed to be the one in charge. Andrew bowed and spoke.

“I would like to see your king.” The boy said. This seemed to make the guard confused, he was obviously prepared for a large fight, not a request.

“Umm, your not taking your army in with you, are you? We don’t take kindly to armed people, much less full armies.” The guard said. Andrew laughed.

“If you would rather I didn’t, but I would at least like to take them with me.” He said and motioned to latios, Latias, and Jogun. The guard nodded uncertainly.

“You wish only to speak with my liege? You are not here to attack?” the man confirmed. Andrew laughed again.

“No, I am here to request the help of your king. I wish no harm to any one.” Andrew said. The man looked relieved that no fighting was about to happen. He called a squire over and told him to lead Andrew to the throne room, but he sent four heavily armed knights with them just in case. The small group entered the city and walked quickly through.

After about an hour, they finally reached the palace. It was huge, spiraling towers sprouted from all over it like trees. Catapults were on the walls, along with the stronger trebuchet, and ballista. Andrew and his companions were led through the cavernous halls until they came to two large doors. Each was intricately decorated with gold and silver imprints of many pokemon. The two doors were opened by the guards, two on each side. Behind the doors was a relatively long hallway with fountains lining the walls, Andrew instantly felt calm. At the far end a man was sitting in a beautiful throne that was encrusted with emeralds. The throne itself was a sky blue with red cushions. Next to him was a woman sitting in a copy of the throne, except with sapphires, not emeralds. The man was relatively tall, with a muscular build and a small beard. Andrew greeted the man, whom was obviously the king, with mild respect.

“Hello, good king and ruler of this land.” Andrew said and bowed. Latios, Latias, and Jogun looked at him, shocked that he could have such respect. It was a side of him no one had seen before.

“Salutations. What brings you to this fair land of mine with such a large, umm, army?” The king said nervously.

“Do not fear me. I wish no harm to you or your people. I am here to request your help.” Andrew said.

“What would a… well I can’t call you a mere child now can I? You’re controlling a small army. What would a child want from a king? Money?”

“No, I need help with a war. And no, I am no mere child. I am not even human.” Andrew said and his face grew dark. The king did not question this, unlike most and just looked at Andrew closely.

“Prove it. You look completely human. I want proof that you’re not.”

“Very well.” Andrew said. He closed his eyes for a moment and all the fountains suddenly stopped. The water floated out of the fountains and formed into one big water bubble. Everyone watched in curiosity and wonder as he moved his hands in the air, his eyes still closed. Andrew seemed to be molding invisible clay, but the water formed into what ever the boy was made in the air. When he was done, Andrew opened his eyes, and hovering in the air was a sculpture of Rayquaza, actual size, made of water. Andrew moved his hands some more and it looked like it was flying in place. He then made it curl into a sleeping position. “Do you believe that I am not human now?” the king just nodded his head, his jaw almost on the ground. The queen just looked shocked.

“If you’re not human why do you appear to be human?” the king asked still staring at the watery Rayquaza.

“That is an ability. I can change from one form to another if I absorb the being’s essence. I can form water like that because that’s a natural ability. The shape shifting is acquired.” Andrew answered.

“So what else can you turn into?” the king asked. Andrew sighed, but turned into a Typhlosion, a real Rayquaza, and then his real form. Nobody knew how he kept himself aloft though, since Kyogre aren’t psychic types. Andrew stayed in his original form for a little longer, long enough to tell the king that it was his original form through telepathy. He changed back into his human form. “What about the statue?” the king asked after a few moments of shocked silence. Andrew muttered a few words and the watery Rayquaza changed into a human, an exact likeness of Andrew. He walked around a little and the water statue appeared to walk also. Andrew then turned into a Typhlosion, and the statue changed into one also.

“The water statue will stay together as long as my legacy lives on. Once I am dead and everyone who knows me is dead, or I am forgotten it will crumble into a puddle. But for now it will show everything that I am doing and every form that I am currently in.” Andrew said. “Now, will you please help me? A great evil is approaching. It wishes to enshroud the whole world in a perpetual darkness. My small force is not enough to defeat it. It has an army as large, or larger than yours, but I will help you if you help me. It will destroy everything in its path.”

The king rubbed his beard thoughtfully. “Yes, I will help you. If this evil is what you say it is, than we have no choice.” The man said after a few minutes.

“Thank you. Now, it might get annoying to call you ‘my lord’ all the time. I too am a king, so what else should I call you.” Andrew asked before he left.

“I am king Aimone.” The man answered.

“Well then, king Aimone, I will have my men set up a camp for ourselves. Would it be alright if we sent the women and children in to the city? Come and meet me with your best commanders for a war council when you are ready. We will be just out side the main gates.” Andrew said and left.

“Yes, send your women and children in!” king Aimone called after the boy and his companions. Andrew raised a hand to show that he had heard and exited the long corridor that led to the throne room.

“What a peculiar child… And what is he the king of exactly?” king Aimone said to his wife who had just been sitting in the throne next to him.

“I have a good feeling that he is the king of the ocean, my dear.” The queen said and stared at the water statue that was walking in place. “How long do you think until the statue disappears?”

“If this fight is how he made it sound, not very long. I don’t care if he has those abilities, no one is invincible. Many will die in this war. He and his friends will most likely be part of the casualties.” The king said and strode out of the throne room to his chambers, his wife in tow.
- - - - - - - - - - -
“My lord, we have just gotten word that the boy has indeed gotten the help of the king.” Lucas said solemnly. The evil beast in front of him only turned his head slightly.

“It is most unfortunate, but is only a minor set back. The day will be ours, and no one will prevent it.” The creature said and disappeared into the shadows.
Old Posted July 30th, 2010 (07:11 PM).
Silhouette
On my way to Viridian City ♪
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I only had time to read the first few chapters, but I'll admit that you definitely improved (looking at the comparison of the repost in the OP).

It seems to have an interesting storyline. I did see a couple of very minor mistakes, but I don't have much of an attention span right now. XD If you want, I can give a full review of what I read some other time.
The Consensus
Creative Minds
Theme by me
Old Posted July 30th, 2010 (08:13 PM).
zapdos926

^okey-dokey but if you consult Silawen, she'll probly' say i'll ingore it(whch i kind of do, but i read it, d better in my following chapters)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links